PDA

View Full Version : Duodecim is OUT!

Jessweeee♪
03-22-2011, 10:59 PM
Anyone have their hands on it yet? I know I'll be playing it as soon as I wrap up this current playthrough of P3P.

EDIT:

Also, please please mark spoilers! Even tiny ones! Even though this is a fighting game and likely doesn't even have a deep plot!

Wolf Kanno
03-22-2011, 11:19 PM
I just picked it up, but sadly, I've got lots of things going on this week, so I probably won't be able to really sit down and play it for awhile. Considering how my classes are going, I may hold off playing it until May. :(

Goodbye Dissidia forums...

nirojan
03-23-2011, 01:10 AM
@OP
If you liked the story of Dissidia, you'll be right at home on this one. If your a normal human being you'll hate it enticingly! Battle mechanics are THE S**T!! No I'm serious. This is definitely in the top tier of fighters. Things like raising your Bravery then dealing HP attacks still carry over from last game, but Assist and EX revenge are amazing new additions. All in all I'd rate it about 9/10!

Vyk
03-23-2011, 02:45 AM
I still need to play the original :( But I know a few people who will be devouring this game

Wolf Kanno
03-23-2011, 05:46 AM
@OP
If you liked the story of Dissidia, you'll be right at home on this one. If your a normal human being you'll hate it enticingly! Battle mechanics are THE S**T!! No I'm serious. This is definitely in the top tier of fighters. Things like raising your Bravery then dealing HP attacks still carry over from last game, but Assist and EX revenge are amazing new additions. All in all I'd rate it about 9/10!

I would like to think that people gave up on the idea of the plot being good and not predictable, seeing how its really hard to do a crossover story where everyone is relevant. I'm just sitting back and enjoying all the nostalgia smut that is oozing out of every nook and cranny. I've heard some of the English VA's tried some new things for the characters based on fan feedback so I'm waiting for a VA thread to pop up soon.

Playing through Prologus, I must say I'm really enjoying the gameplay mechanics, the new elements have really changed the game for me. I'm just hoping Terra didn't get too badly nerfed...

Mo-Nercy
03-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Playing it like there's no tomorrow. I've finished the Twelth Cycle story and have started experimenting with different characters in the Labyrinth now.

I'm really digging the Assist system. Using it just after you wall rush your opponent is great stuff. It's also working well for me as I use Squall. Although I think his HP attack tracking is slightly better, he stills plays very much to his strength of close range bravery hitting. I've found using the assist to distract or at least make the opponent's movement more predictable really gives Squall a better chance of landing that darned Aerial Circle.

Nerfed EX Cores with chases becoming the major way of building EX Gauge is a bit disappointing. I can see what SE were going for though. Obviously, as a fighting game, it's better if you're actually fighting more and chasing after little blue orbs less. But, I'm just really bad at chases =]

New characters - All good. Lightning, Kain, Vaan, Laguna and Yuna are all rather easy to pick up and play. Tifa is a bit finicky if you want to exploit her feint move.

All up, this game is awesome. No big changes, just lots of little ones that really add the gaming experience.

Oh, and Vyk. You don't need to play the original. After completing the first part of the story, another part's unlocked that's pretty much covers exactly the same ground as the first game, except with the new mechanics (at least I think so, I've only unlocked it, but haven't played it)

Jessweeee♪
03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
@OP

Yeah, I figure as far as the story goes it'll be more of the same, and I'll be happy with that. I should have it by the end of today :3

YunaTidus
03-23-2011, 09:41 PM
I went and picked it up yesterday as soon as EBgames opened up :P I've pretty much been playing it non-stop since I made it home :D

So far I'm loving it. I have 2 days play time into it, and I've completed the first set of stories, and currently working on the second set.

Over all, it is amazing. The battle system tweaks are mind blowing, the story lines are awesome, and it's refreshing! Yuna is my character of choice so far.

You know, someone I talked to a couple of weeks ago said the game was really short. I dunno if she was just reading the prologus' or not, but from what I can tell? I'm in for a long ride with all the different things they've allowed you to do in this one :)

Jessweeee♪
03-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Laguna is trickier to use than I had expected. Also I have mixed feelings about his voice actor now that I've heard him talk in complete sentences. Yuna is great. Her aeons look kind of weird, what with them being heads and sometimes torsos sticking out of a glyph, but they're very fun to use. And I love the addition of a world map :3

EDIT:

One of my favorite things is the music. There's three times as many tracks as before, and it's just really neat having a few of my favorite songs from each title all jumbled into one game.

YunaTidus
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I do too. The world map was an epic addition in itself.

I...don't really like Laguna all that much, and I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's his play style. But Yuna? They really did an excellent job on her. The Aeons do look weird, but they can really pump out some serious damage.

Darkwolf090
03-25-2011, 03:22 AM
I have noticed something... something I am truly happy they changed...
Equipment is no long a game winning factor... this makes me happy

Also if anyone finds Tifa's level 1 Exclusive weapon let me know where it is plz I am having issues finding hers for some odd reason...

Mo-Nercy
03-25-2011, 03:00 PM
I've just unlocked Gilgamesh as a playable character. He's great fun xD. But his EX Burst is tough to Perfect.

Definitely not as hard as Tifa's though. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Wolf Kanno
03-25-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm actually surprised that the story isn't absolutely terrible. I'm also surprised how much screen-time Kefka is getting and happy that Kuja isn't such a whiny bitch in this game. I've been pretty impressed with the Reports which are not very different from the first games reports but the addition of the villains stories in them makes them much more fun.

I can't say I really care for Lightning as a fighter, Commando is good but limited and I find myself mainly switching to Ravager and staying there, especially since her HP attacks are the same regardless of which role she's in. Medic is useless.

Vaan, is surprisingly better than I thought he would be. His weapon switching fighting style is amusing and I love charging up some of the moves, like his rapid fire crossbow that makes me feel like he stole it from Edgar. I also find his EX-Burst unintentionally funny cause it looks like he uses his ass to push the Luminescence Concurrence at his opponents.

Kuja is nice, I don't care for his new HP move but I'm happy that Seraphic Star has a much better gravity pull and can even move slightly to grab opponents.

Terra, feels really different to me and I feel she may have been nerfed a bit too much.

I'm loving the world map and I must say that it is sad that DDFF feels more like an actual RPG than XIII did. I wish the moogles had better prices for some of their items, their summon stones are pricey, but at least acquiring Rosetta stones will be easier. The OST is better used this time around cause the game isn't just re-using the same three original themes over and over again for story scenes and is actually using music from the FF games more for story scenes. :cool:

Hollycat
03-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Im going to cash in stuff at gamestop then buy it for $20 ar gamesdealrus

YunaTidus
03-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Do it! It's totally worth it, in my opinion :D

Hollycat
03-25-2011, 08:07 PM
I.
may not be able to after all. I mean. I wont get much at gamestop, and if I do, I could use the money for gas or something. Being poor sucks. (The only reason Im able to play the games Ive got is because of $3 deals at half price. sad face) I may have to wait a few years. It irritates me that I cant get a job. I do bachelor degree level designs in under 45 minutes, but I cant get a job. ....... I hate being me sometimes, some idiot hit my car and drove off in a parking lot, and fixing that has drained my account......

Skyblade
03-26-2011, 03:08 AM
Well, the thing that killed Prologus for me turns out to be optional. It's an ability called "Ground Dash", that can be swapped out for the standard "Air Dash" by anyone who wants it. Which I don't.

Tifa is probably my favorite new fighter. She actually reminds me a lot of Terra from Dissidia (haven't messed with Terra much yet in Duodecim). They have the same sort of fun feel to their playstyles. Tifa is just a melee version.

black orb
03-26-2011, 03:48 AM
>>> Damn, I didnt realize it was out already. I guess I`ll get it tomorrow..:luca:

Skyblade
03-26-2011, 04:09 AM
Oh, yes, and the absolute worst thing about this game: The load times. They are absolutely ridiculous. Even with the maximum data install, the game seems to take longer to load than it does to play. Absolutely horrendous.

Mo-Nercy
03-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Well, the thing that killed Prologus for me turns out to be optional. It's an ability called "Ground Dash", that can be swapped out for the standard "Air Dash" by anyone who wants it. Which I don't.
It's not so bad. It'll suit people who like to play off the ground, since Air Dash automatically puts your character into the air. For example, I like being able to go straight into Thunder -> Solid Barrel -> Chase with Squall instead of either waiting that risky split second for him to land on the ground again or go in closer for a Beat Fang instead. It's not a swap out either, you can equip it alongside Air Dash. I didn't play Prologus, but if it made you choose between Ground or Air Dash, that would be pretty annoying.

Oh, yes, and the absolute worst thing about this game: The load times. They are absolutely ridiculous. Even with the maximum data install, the game seems to take longer to load than it does to play. Absolutely horrendous.

Agreed. Especially when you're rocking a large party in Labyrinth or Quick Battle. You have to move in and out of menus to set up all your characters and the load times are way too long.

Skyblade
03-26-2011, 06:17 PM
It's not so bad. It'll suit people who like to play off the ground, since Air Dash automatically puts your character into the air. For example, I like being able to go straight into Thunder -> Solid Barrel -> Chase with Squall instead of either waiting that risky split second for him to land on the ground again or go in closer for a Beat Fang instead. It's not a swap out either, you can equip it alongside Air Dash. I didn't play Prologus, but if it made you choose between Ground or Air Dash, that would be pretty annoying.

Prologus had Ground Dash always equipped, and since I was so used to just Air Dash from the original, it messed up my attacks and combos a ton. Very frustrating. Not saying it doesn't have its uses, but it needs to be optional, not forced.

Agreed. Especially when you're rocking a large party in Labyrinth or Quick Battle. You have to move in and out of menus to set up all your characters and the load times are way too long.

Oh, goody, I haven't even tried the party battles yet. Something to look forward to...

Wolf Kanno
03-26-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm kind of sad that I really like using Yuna, she's actually pretty fun and her moves have some ridiculous range which is going to make using some characters problematic against her. Her EX-Burst could be a little more impressive though...

I'm not feeling Laguna's voice (way too high and youthful sounding from what I imagined it being) but dear god if his dialogue and story sequences are not funny as hell. I like his style but he comes across as someone who is going to spam two or three overpowered moves and the majority of his future abilities are just fluff to make him sound more entertaining despite not being practical. His EX-Mode (Yuna's as well) is pretty nasty, zero lag between attacks.

I'm surprised how very short the whole Tidus/Jecht scenario was in the game and I'm guessing that Cloud's won't be any longer either (I'm slowly going through the game, and taking my time by completing a chapter a night). Its a shame really cause they could have really dragged out Kuja, Terra, Tidus, and Jecht's plots. Course it may be too early to say this.

It looks like equipment has been completely overhauled with most of it being sectioned off into level brackets (Level 1, then jumps to level 30 etc...) which is kind of nice cause it gives you more options without having to wait for your character to reach better levels, so they can get their hands on more overpowered gear. I forgot how much of a pain it was to unlock everything in the shop though...

I'm liking the music this time around as well, especially the world map theme choices for Laguna, Vaan, and Yuna. I'm curious to hear what they chose for Tifa (crossing fingers for "On the Other side of the Mountain") and Kain (crossing fingers for Betrayal: Kain's Theme).

Mercen-X
03-26-2011, 08:12 PM
So, I'm curious. What happened to the summon system? Is it still in effect or did they trash it in order for Yuna's Aeons to make sense?
I think it would be great if Yuna wasn't limited to using Aeons. I'd like to be able to summon Ultima from XII.

Wolf Kanno
03-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Its still the same as the original Dissidia. Yuna is restricted to her Aeons from X but I haven't seen Yojimbo, Magus Sisters, or Mrs. "I win" yet in her attacks. Though XII's Ultima has been confirmed as a normal summonstone you can equip on anyone. I hear she's smurfing broken as well.

Jessweeee♪
03-26-2011, 08:39 PM

Ground Dash was the default in Prologus? Weird! I read your post complaining about it before, and I was like "omg no." I was very relieved when I got into my first battle, because I'm pretty much always in the air.

I have the entire game on my memory stick and it's just bearable enough. I imagine it would be annoying if I hadn't.

Its still the same as the original Dissidia. Yuna is restricted to her Aeons from X but I haven't seen Yojimbo, Magus Sisters, or Mrs. "I win" yet in her attacks. Though XII's Ultima has been confirmed as a normal summonstone you can equip on anyone. I hear she's smurfing broken as well.

Pffft, all her Aeons are Mrs. "I win."

Wolf Kanno
03-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Not Ixion, he just sucks... :p

I've decided I really hate the rules for the extra AP in fights, building up the BRV to perform the HP attack can sometimes be a pain but what really irks me is that you don't get credit if the enemy hits you with any attack. What annoys me the most about this is that the game doesn't really explain this to you very well, so it took a few fights to figure out this extra rule. :mad2:

The more I play Kain, the more I love him. :love:

Mo-Nercy
03-27-2011, 03:23 PM
I've decided I really hate the rules for the extra AP in fights, building up the BRV to perform the HP attack can sometimes be a pain but what really irks me is that you don't get credit if the enemy hits you with any attack. What annoys me the most about this is that the game doesn't really explain this to you very well, so it took a few fights to figure out this extra rule. :mad2:

It seems a bit hit and miss for me. Or maybe I'm not paying enough attention to the fights, but sometimes I'm absolutely sure that my first HP attack meets the AP criteria, but I get nothing, even if the opponent hasn't attacked yet.

Best of the new characters I'd say, if we were to put together a rough tier list. I still like using Laguna for the lol factor of having him whip out a mini-Ragnarok whenever he HP attacks. xD

Jessweeee♪
03-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I just love Laguna's EX Burst. Ragnarok comes crashing in while he shouts GREATEST ATTACK EEEVEEER

Skyblade
03-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Not Ixion, he just sucks... :p

The game doesn't explain the AP chance rule to you at all. It took me a couple fights as well, and I also hate it.

Fortunately, I got all the calender bonuses transferred from Dissidia, so I get lots of bonus AP days, giving the max benefit, which keeps me learning abilities.

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2011, 01:53 AM
Mine were transferred as well but the game keeps giving me the shaft...

Tifa is the Ex-Death of the Warriors of Cosmos. She's been a pain to go through story mode with the AP rule. Not to mention her uber optional mook fight against a level 18 Ex-Death when she's barely level 10 is a pain in the ass...

Tried out party mode in Quick Battle and must say its is pretty smurfing awesome. Especially since you're whole party gets levels but you only switch out a character when they are finally defeated... Meaning I've been raising levels for the new characters by just using Kain to rape all the opponents. The new Rule system is also pretty awesome. EX-Centric rules means that EX-core will automatically fill up your gauge and it depletes incredibly slowly... I'm sure every Cloud and Gabranth player will insist on using these rules.

Assist rules is similar with the assist gauge filling up almost everytime you land an attack, BRV Centric makes the amount of BRV you earn from stage bravery and attacks really high making for excellent quick battles. In party mode you also get to assign job classes to characters that affect their abilites in combat. There is a bunch of variety for combat now.

Skyblade
03-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Mine were transferred as well but the game keeps giving me the shaft...

Tifa is the Ex-Death of the Warriors of Cosmos. She's been a pain to go through story mode with the AP rule. Not to mention her uber optional mook fight against a level 18 Ex-Death when she's barely level 10 is a pain in the ass...

Tried out party mode in Quick Battle and must say its is pretty smurfing awesome. Especially since you're whole party gets levels but you only switch out a character when they are finally defeated... Meaning I've been raising levels for the new characters by just using Kain to rape all the opponents. The new Rule system is also pretty awesome. EX-Centric rules means that EX-core will automatically fill up your gauge and it depletes incredibly slowly... I'm sure every Cloud and Gabranth player will insist on using these rules.

Assist rules is similar with the assist gauge filling up almost everytime you land an attack, BRV Centric makes the amount of BRV you earn from stage bravery and attacks really high making for excellent quick battles. In party mode you also get to assign job classes to characters that affect their abilites in combat. There is a bunch of variety for combat now.

Actually, after playing through with Tifa a lot in the single battles (got her up to level 20 on the first day, IIRC), I was really disappointed with how long it took to get to her story mission, because I think she is incredibly fun to play.

And I used the old Dissidia 1 to 100 levelling against Exdeath when I started my actual playthrough (first one was just messing around with the systems). It is quite a bit harder now that he has better attacks (chaining blocks into ranged HP attacks and new abilities like Maelstrom) and a max HP over 9999, but I managed it anyway. Even on Maximum difficulty, Exdeath is nothing compared to the awesomeness that is Tifa. At level 18, he's a pushover. :)

She was the only one I used the quicklevelling on, and just because I had used her the most and already knew how to use her, and to see if the trick still worked. Which it does. I have the Replay here. Can't figure out how to upload it to the site though (seriously, what happened to the link options? :(), but I'll try putting it on YouTube in a minute.

Wolf Kanno
03-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Tifa requires more finesse than I care for so I probably won't use her as a main, she's not a bad character but I've got little time to master her. Besides the real challenge of the Ex-Death fight isn't winning, its winning while still getting the KP under the dungeons rules (90 seconds, and Tifa is too low level to break him easily right now) and get the AP bonus as well, so its more of me just making the situation harder by getting suckered into the rewards.

As for quick leveling... I learned that the enemies are based on whatever average your first character is. So switching Kain out for my Lv. 100 Terra in Party mode, and removing her EXP to EX ability, I've been doing pretty well leveling everybody even if it is a bit challenging since I'm still using Lv. 1 gear. I've had to lower my opponents difficulty but its also allowing me to access more stuff from the shop since I'm actually getting real gil and Battlegen items from my opponents.

Skyblade
03-29-2011, 04:10 AM
Here we go. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aupEqthTh7g)

My first upload to YouTube, and my first Replay save.

For those wondering, Exdeath has three pieces of Genji Gear and the Wyrmhero Blade equipped. Forgot to put that in the description, will have to edit it.

YunaTidus
03-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Has anyone made it to the 000 Storyline and stood up against Feral Chaos? >.> (Not the one you fight against with Lighting at level 1, the level 95 one in the gateway.)

Edit: Never mind. I just beat him a few seconds ago. Tough little :bou::bou::bou::bou: he is :o

Mo-Nercy
03-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Haven't had the self control to save up the PP for the 000 storyline yet. Really wanted those alternate costumes for Cloud of Darkness ^_^

But I did the Lightning Level 1 vs. Feral Chaos. That was fun. =(

YunaTidus
03-30-2011, 02:04 PM
I was going to save up for it, but after you beat the 013 storyline it's already bought for you. Or at least it was for me. I went to buy it and it was there.

Wolf Kanno
04-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Am I the only person who has noticed that in every characters story scenario, there is always one treasure chest filled with the amount of gil that happens to be the same year of the games release?

Jessweeee♪
04-09-2011, 01:58 PM
I didn't notice that. That's neat!

Mo-Nercy
04-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Am I the only person who has noticed that in every characters story scenario, there is always one treasure chest filled with the amount of gil that happens to be the same year of the games release?
*mindblown*

Wolf Kanno
04-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Some more DLC costumes have been announced in Japan. Sephiroth get's his KH costume and Laguna gets to wear his costume from the crappy movie he was in to make money for his travels. :D

Not to mention more music has been announced as DLC packages.

Here's a list of all the DLC thus far. (http://dissidia-france.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0f3a5bff0a9471d43a24943f45a10b9b&topic=1061.msg92481#msg92481)

Mercen-X
04-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Why is it in French?

Wolf Kanno
04-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Cause they have their :bou::bou::bou::bou: together more than us English speaking blokes. :D

McLovin'
04-10-2011, 03:37 AM
I was saddened that the overworld music for Tifa's campaign wasn't the FF7 world map theme. That was a mighty good theme. :(

But the Eyes on Me theme on the overworld for Laguna was awesome.

Darkwolf090
04-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I did notice this and I found it rather awesome, it amused me greatly, I laughed a hearty laugh, chuckled a seeming long time.
But really I did notice and it was awesome I am happy to see they pulled this, but that means that the poor Warrior of Light is the one with the least amount of gil... first he gets no name and now no gil! What more will they do to that horrifying beast of a man with a silly pointy helmet who keeps kicking my but in this new game!

Mo-Nercy
04-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I did notice this and I found it rather awesome, it amused me greatly, I laughed a hearty laugh, chuckled a seeming long time.
But really I did notice and it was awesome I am happy to see they pulled this, but that means that the poor Warrior of Light is the one with the least amount of gil... first he gets no name and now no gil! What more will they do to that horrifying beast of a man with a silly pointy helmet who keeps kicking my but in this new game!
When all the other Cosmos warriors started calling Lightning, Light. WoL must've been absolutely livid. Even his substitute name has been usurped.

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2011, 09:38 PM
More DLC costumes.

Vaan gets an original pirate costume created by XII's character designer, and Yuna will finally don her X-2 Gunner outfit.

『ディシディア デュオデシム ファイナルファンタジー』2011年4月21日配信の連動企画・DLCが公開 - ファミ通.com (http://www.famitsu.com/news/201104/14042445.html)

Bolivar
04-17-2011, 06:08 AM
The one thing I have to say is that Laguna is so over the top in this game it's ridiculous. Not only is his play style so crazy with all the different weapons, but being able to actually play him like it's a third person shooter, when he's swinging on that rope for the Desperado limit break is absolutely bananas. The most priceless aspect is when he pulls out the Sniper Rifle and shouts "LOOK OUT!!!" And of course Man With the Machine Gun is one of the best songs in the series. So insanely awesome.

Beat 012 and I guess I did really enjoy the story, especially the music. I like how they all imitate their gesture animations from the previous games, even if Vaan maybe puts his arms up a little too much. I've only played a little bit of the first game, but I just can't understand why they had to go and turn Final Fantasy into Dragon Ball Z. Overall a good game with a nice amount of content, esp. with the first game redone in the style of this one.

Hollycat
04-17-2011, 08:35 PM
bought it last night, can't say Im happy that you can't choose whose story to play through first, that kinda bugs me, the world map is ok.

Wolf Kanno
04-21-2011, 04:13 PM
More alt outfits for Emperor Mateus and Onion Knight.

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy's Emperor and Onion Knight Costumes Hit Next Week (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/04/21/dissidia_onion_emperor/)

Heaven Emperor from the Dawn of Souls game and Ingus from FFIII DS