PDA

View Full Version : Should I stick it out with LiveJournal, or find something better?

MJN SEIFER
03-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah there's been new developments it seems to be gaining recognition because it is mentioned in a site, and is begining to appear in Goolgle more, so for now I'm going to stick with it, but keep Word Press as back up.

For what I am doing, should I keep posting them on LiveJournal - which barley appears in Google unless I search really directly, or find a similar site which is more likley to be found by fans of the series when they simply search through Google?

If you know of any, please say.

rubah
03-24-2011, 03:24 AM
most people don't want google to find their stuff on lj. Use wordpress or something optimized for SEO

Vyk
03-24-2011, 04:37 AM
Yeah I was gonna suggest Wordpress. LJ is usually meant for more private use. It's still a blog, but its more of a journal. Wordpress is a public blog

MJN SEIFER
03-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I just Googled Wordpress, and from the looks of it, it is something I need to Download to my computer to get it to work, if that is the case is it free, and am I able to put it on more than one system? Because my main computer is being repaired.

Vyk
03-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Unless they changed things, you can create and edit journal entries on there from your account on the site. There's programs you and download to make entries from for easier use, but they weren't required when I used wordpress (in fact, the better ones you had to pay for)

MJN SEIFER
03-24-2011, 10:26 PM
I re-Googled it, I guess I must have checked the wrong thing, thanks for clearing it up.

Anyway, I am now signed up to Wordpress, and will be moving my... reviews? Or whatever they are from LiveJournal to Wordpress shortly, I will also update my sig here just incase anyone's interested, alternatively- check Google :D

Thanks for the help, fingers crossed it works...