PDA

View Full Version : Adventure gaming, anyone?

spirit
03-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Games such as

Still Life

Monkey Island

Gabriel Knight

or Broken Sword

Any one a speak my language?

magemasher
03-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Monkey Island:love:

Shame I've never completed one, but they are great games. They get all the basics right and then some.

Thanks for reminding me, when I finish FF12 I'm gonna buy Monkey Island on the ps2 again.

Guybrush Threepwood FTW

kotora
03-25-2011, 10:21 PM
I recently finished the remake of Monkey Island 2. It's much better than the first although I think I like the cartoonish style of the 3rd game more.

Rostum
03-25-2011, 11:15 PM
Pretty much most of the LucasArts games like Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentical, Indiana Jones, etc. I liked the King's Quest series too.

Also am a huge fan of the Myst series, with Riven being my favourite.

Vyk
03-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Nothing quite captures the feeling of wonder and mystery like a good old point and click adventure game

Timekeeper
03-27-2011, 12:42 AM
I do love that a thread like this pops up every now and then.
George Stobbart is my favourite character of all time :D

Oh and don't forget BaSS!

Del Murder
03-28-2011, 06:53 AM
I loved those old Sierra games. King's Quest, Police Quest, Space Quest. I wish they would do a revamp of these series. Is Sierra even still around?

I never got around to Monkey Island but it looked fun.

Oh! Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Great game. Also Maniac Mansion, Sam & Max, The Dig...

Man, I want to play some of those games now. So many great days spent trying to figure out how to get through those thorns or what to give the purple tentacle to make it go away.

Depression Moon
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
The last adventure game I played happened to be ....uhh...Oregon Trail. I want to get heavy Rain someday.

Del Murder
03-29-2011, 04:32 AM
I don't know if I would qualify that as an adventure game as much as an interactive story. You really don't have to do much to make that game progress. Though I guess it's as close as it comes these days.

Also I forgot to mention the Shadowgate/Deja Vu/Uninvited trilogy. Loved those games.

Madonna
03-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Amuse yourselves here if you have not already: Fully Ramblomatic.com - Come and play with us. For ever. And ever. And ever. (http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/games.htm)

5, 6, and 7 Days and Trilby's Notes are perhaps the most notable, especially in terms of point 'n click adventure.

The Monkey Island series has always tickled my fancy and brings up fond memories.