PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: Venus Sigil / Thunder Plains (Spoilers)

Pages : [1] 2

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-02-2002, 07:30 AM
Apparently, to get the Venus Sigil, I must dodge the lightning on the Thunder Plains 200 times without being hit once. Well, I dodged the bolts well over 200 times, but when I checked my record in the travel agency, it acknowledged this but claimed that I had only dodged it them 166 times "consecutively," even though I had never been hit once. So I went back out in the plains and dodged the lightning about 50 more times, but when I went to check my record that time, it said that I had only dodged it 165 times consecutively. So I gave up in disgust.

What exactly was I doing wrong? Does the fact that this is my first time through the plains affect matters?

FF Big Fan
01-02-2002, 03:31 PM
u have to stay in the same PLACE for the 200 times....
take note that u must keep away from the tower.....
example 3 times in a row away from tower.....
if u dodge 2 times in a row and happen to fall within tower....and u heard the 3rd strike happen to hit the tower, UR COUNTER WILL BE START FROM 0!
so juz keep away from tower and dodge......to play safe,do not move out of screen.....i know of a spot where there r 3 strikes in a row but very fast
anyway go try now
i think it should work if u fall away from the towers

Dee
01-02-2002, 09:31 PM
I would try again later after you get the airship. I personally only dodged 5 and then stopped. ^^

Kimahri
01-03-2002, 01:09 AM
It is to my understanding that after you dodge the lightning 200 times, you're supposed to go to the inn and locate a treasure chest. From what I read, it said to KEEP OPENING IT until the counter says you dodged 200. I haven't done it myself, my best is 8 in a row.

Dee
01-03-2002, 01:27 AM
I remember opening the treasure chest once, and it gave me an ether.

Britt
01-03-2002, 02:34 AM
Apparently, you aren't supposed to enter the travel agency, or move from the section of the plains that you started dodging on at, until you have 200. Or something. *dunno much about it*

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-03-2002, 12:50 PM
I figured it out: if you save or enter the travel agency, the counter goes back to zero. I'll go back for the sigil after I acquire the ability to disable random encounters, which interrupt the whole process greatly.

Incidentally, here are the prizes I did receive:
5 times.......X-Potion(2)
10 times.....Mega-Potion(2)
20 times.....MP Sphere(2)
50 times.....Strength Sphere(3)
100 times...HP Sphere(3)
150 times...Megalixir(4)

Thanks, everybody.

RenoOfTheTurks9
01-03-2002, 05:53 PM
You don't have to move to get the lightning right? Couldn't you just pick a spot, stand there, and dodge 200 times without any random encounters?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-03-2002, 06:35 PM
Tidus jumps backward in order to avoid the lightning, so it's more convenient to move around a little so you won't be forced into an inopportune position. That's not a whole lot of walking, but random encounters are normally very frequent on the Thunder Plains.

Thunder God Cid
01-04-2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi
Apparently, to get the Venus Sigil, I must dodge the lightning on the Thunder Plains 200 times without being hit once.

k, what is venis sigil =P

Dee
01-04-2002, 05:49 PM
It's one of those special items you need in order to perfect Lulu's legendary weapon, Onion Kid.

heh
01-06-2002, 07:16 PM
DODGE 200 BOLTS IN A ROW FOR LULUS WEAPON? ARE YOU SICK! Has anyone done this? It must take like 2 hours

Britt
01-06-2002, 09:16 PM
I did it. It took about 20 minutes, in the three-strike area. I messed up a couple times, so it took about 45 minutes total. It's not nearly as hard as it sounds- only stressful.

Regardless, Lulu's ultimate weapon at true-power is worth it in spades. She deals almost 40000 damage in one turn, with me, and she only just got Flare. All you need is Flare, Doublecast, and the Onion Knight. When she gets Ultima, she'll be a literal god of death. On top of everything, it costs 4 MP to do it. She could sit and cast all day.

heh
01-06-2002, 09:22 PM
Where is the three strike area??

Britt
01-06-2002, 09:36 PM
http://home.san.rr.com/circe/ultimania_thunder.jpg

The places with three lightning bolts are the three-strike zones. The right map is the north area of the plain, and the left map is the south area. I used the northern most three-strike zone on the northern area.

Cinna
01-06-2002, 11:06 PM
So how does this "three strike zone" work? Does one lightening bolt equate to three? Or are there a lot more bolts there?

Britt
01-07-2002, 01:13 AM
"Three-strike" is basically just a way of saying it strikes in a "three-strike zone" much more often than in a "one-strike" zone. When standing still in a three strike zone, you'll be generally getting a lightning bolt about every four to six seconds, on average, if memory serves.

In the event a lightning bolt stuck every five seconds, it would take a little short of 17 minutes to dodge 200, which sounds pretty close to accurate. Arguably, the Onion Knight could take even less time to attain than the Nirvana, if you were a quick-study with the bolts. I'd say the Nirvana and Onion Knight took close to the same amount of time for me to get.

Dee
01-07-2002, 01:49 AM
Hm........ Britt, where'd you find that website? It's pretty useful, to an extent.

Britt
01-07-2002, 03:54 AM
I believe it's a site belonging to "CB!," from GameFaqs. I'm not sure if it's a whole site, or just a compilation of maps like that.

Kimahri
01-07-2002, 02:06 PM
Jeeze... I -FINALLY- got the Venus and Saturn Sigils! Good Lord, were those difficult!

For the Venus Sigil, all I did was stand in a Three-Strike zone and run around in a circle to keep my hands busy. I found that if I stood still, I became anxious and often pressed the button too soon, causing myself to have to start all over. Also, I dodged 50 bolts and paused the game for a minute or two, and then went at it again. I ended up with 230 consecutive dodges, just in case I'd miscounted along the way.

Britt
01-07-2002, 09:55 PM
Getting the Saturn Sigil made me want to cry. However, once one gets the hang of the courses, they become easy. My strategy was to listen to blaring music to get my mind off of frustration and help cope with the redundancy. I think that, all in all, the Venus Sigil is a walk in a park compared to the Saturn Sigil. Nothing can compare to the complete and utter redundancy that is the Jupiter Sigil, though. I mean, I love blitzball, but I can't play 30 straight games when I realize I haven't been playing enough.

Redefiner
01-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Getting the sigil ARE awfully redundant, aren't they?

Sun Sigil - 58 tries
Moon Sigil - Well that one's easy, that took one try
Mars Sigil - I just got this while opening up every other sigil, but if you tackled it by itself, it'd be redundant
Jupiter Sigil - AHHHHH THIS TOOK LIKE 6 HOURS OF BLITZBALLING
Mercury Sigil - A few hours of trekking that desert
Saturn Sigil - I'm working on it this evening...

I mean, the ultimate weapons in FFVII were self-explanatory, and the same went with FFIX. FFVIII was a bit tedious... but this is the hardest set of Ultimate Weapons in the newest set. Then again, these are the most rewarding...

m4tt
01-10-2002, 04:32 PM
I just started trying this last night (after it took 2 hours in the Omega Ruins to get No Encounter equipment for someone). I got to 46 in a row, but then I guess I would doze off and get struck. I guess that's what happens when playing at 2am. :P

I've already got Yuna's and Rikku's weapons powered up, Lulu's will probably be next. Then maybe Tidus. Auron's seems kinda hard to get, Kimahri and the butterflies is just insane, and blitzball? Oy my team sucks. >_<

Eternal Snow
01-10-2002, 05:48 PM
i did till like 12+, got fed up, decide to aim for the megaelixir instead..... (get struck 200 times, :D)

Solid-Gear
01-11-2002, 07:02 AM
hey guys iv tried for 4 hours trying to get 200 consecutive bolts dodged in the 3 strike area but some gay crap always happenes. I spend 30 mins dodgning and i got hit i was like "hope i got 200 before i got hit" i checked....gues how many i dodged..

196!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was like DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

so I went back for 45 mins dodging....got hit...checked...

198!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!#$%%^$^ damnit!!!! Then I spent 2 hours tyrying to dodged and kept going back into the agency to see how many i got so far...and I did it for a VERY long time and i didnt get hit at all but it seems like i didndt get the venus thing. does it reset of i walk into the agency and just look at my score? i didnt save i got all the other prizes except the venus someoen please help what was your strategy on this please soeone help fast i could have spent 2 of my hours wathcing family guy andthe other 2 on simpsons...and i just wasted it all....please soemone ghelp me fast FAST FAST I dotn wanna waste any more of my time tahnks

Eternal Snow
01-11-2002, 08:00 AM
i don't think it resets, but it does when you get hit...

Kimahri
01-11-2002, 08:02 AM
Firstly, there really isn't a strategy for this, but to stop anxiously pressing away at the button waiting for the bolts to strike, I kept them busy by running around in a circle in a three-strike area. I found that to be an easier solution. Also, if you keep count, pause the game after 50 strikes or so and take a 1-minute break. Relax your eyes by looking around the room and defocus your vision from the television.

Secondly, yes, it does reset if you return to the inn and/or get hit by a bolt.

Lastly, I would appreciate it if you would refrain from using the term 'gay' in a derogatory manner. Being homosexual myself, I tend to find such use of the word to be offensive.

Eternal Snow
01-11-2002, 11:02 AM
i'm wondering, will it reset when you save the game??

Kimahri
01-11-2002, 12:18 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure of that one. As far as I know, it only resets if you are striken, or you go to the inn. You may just have a brilliant idea on your hands... but don't quote me on that, because I'm not sure. Try and see.

Eternal Snow
01-11-2002, 02:42 PM
i'm already trying that... i'm at 70 strikes now.... 130 more to go..... heehee.... and also, if you leave the area, does it reset?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
01-11-2002, 06:06 PM
Yes, your "consecutive dodged strikes" total is reset if you save your game. I learned the hard way.

Solid-Gear
01-11-2002, 11:29 PM
hey kimarhi i didnt know you were err...homosexual im sorry. anyways....

ARGH! Im still so pissed that i waisted 4 hours of my time! This is what I did... I went into the 3stk zone. dodged one...went a little forward from ebing pushed back from dodgning...doged another and so on. i paused ever 20 or so bolts dodged and watch a litle tv...then...when i felt it was okay that i had 200 i ran back and checkd no chest so i went out and did a little more...got hit...::damn:: checked...no chest...checked record....198!!!!!!!!! ARrggh!!!! Do the bolts strike you no matter what if you repeadedly tap X very fast? please help fast

caecillius
01-12-2002, 12:42 AM
where/what exactly is the 3 strike area?

Britt
01-12-2002, 02:05 AM
If you do ANYTHING short of dodge lightning or walk, your timer resets. You cannot save, leave the map, or ANYTHING. You must remain on the same map for 200 strikes, dodging each one consecutively. Don't get anxious and run back to the agency- just count out loud and go past 200. I went until about 235, and found I'd miscounted and really had 232. So going past 200 is very important.

Britt
01-12-2002, 02:15 AM
*double post*

All of the threads about the Thunder Plains have been merged into one. It's insane, the number of people posting threads about this. So I'm merging and sticking, for all to read.

Solid-Gear
01-12-2002, 03:03 AM
thanks britt....hmm.....so your saying its easier to run around a little bit in circles instead of just standning there and after every dodge just run forward a little.... hmm please reply which was easier for u and how many tires?

m4tt
01-12-2002, 03:11 AM
I'm guessing it probably would be easier to run around in circles. I tried the standing still and running back to the spot thing, and only got to 96. Next time I'll try the running around in circles.

Redefiner
01-12-2002, 03:11 AM
Everybody now:

Our Mod is an awesome Mod!

Thanks for ridding us of heh's confliction, too :D

Back on Topic, I found it best to stop, let it hit, then walk back to where I just was. This kept me from getting hit so far back that I went under a tower...I heard somewhere that the counter is restarted if that happens, but I did this just to be sure.

m4tt
01-12-2002, 03:16 AM
Yeah, if the lighting that is supposed to hit you, hits the tower instead, it starts over. :/

Solid-Gear
01-12-2002, 03:23 AM
hmmmm soemoen else giv4e thier "how many tires" and how long it took please

Britt
01-12-2002, 03:23 AM
*not a mod* xD And Rydia of Mist banned heh.

I actually did it by standing still and returning to the spot. Running around would distract me waaaay too much, I think. And it would cause me to accidently move under a tower.

[edit] Solid-Gear, it probably took me a total of 40 minutes, and 3 tries. I got up to 88 the first time, 35 the second time, and 232 the third time.

Riven
01-12-2002, 04:18 AM
As for getting equipment with No Encounters on it, you can win a weapon from Geosgaeno in Baaj Temple (Geosgaeno is that big ass fish that almost eats Tidus near the beginning of the game). Baaj is one of the hidden areas on the airship map, I don't remember the coordinates... just look around.

I won a Devastator for Rikku with the No Encounters ability on it. Not sure if it changes or not.

As far as ultimate weapons go, so far the one that I find by far the most frustrating is Tidus'. I CANNOT control that damned chocobo. I used to like chocobos... I hate them with a PASSION NOW!!!

*argh*

Riven

Britt
01-12-2002, 04:43 AM
I've resolved that Wakka's is the absolute most annoying. Unless one plays two games of Blitzball at every save point they see between Mi'ihen and Zanarkand... it takes forever and a day. I'm seven games away from that Sigil, and I've played at least 25 games since Zanarkand to get there, after playing more than my share of Blitzball prior. I reset the game, at one point, and did the last game of a league over again, just to get the Jupiter Sigil to appear in the next league.

Solid-Gear
01-12-2002, 07:04 AM
YES I FINALLY GOT IT!!! 226!!!! W00t and i gotta tell you its well worth it! Anyways...i did it while the lights were on, my bro and his friend tlaking infont of me playing the guitar with some foo fighters playing in the background...w00t! I didnt mess up yes! Thanks guys. I stayed still and moved back that pattern. Anyways....thanks. w00t

Redefiner
01-12-2002, 08:20 AM
*feels stupid for mistaking Britt's identity and...feels stupid in general* :foot:

Blitzball is actually kind of fun to me...I mean, I started dominating teams when leveled up so much, but then I decided to have some fun and I tried for higher goals, like more goals (my record stands at 12-0 against the Kilika Beasts now) or using different strategies and lineups. If only there were some online form... I played 48 games :eep:

In truth, I think Lulu's was the hardest if only because I had 193!!! At that point, I was so ticked off that I threw the controller...against a pillow. Gamer Rage is very dangerous, folks. Not just for you, but your gaming equipment. Please, controller-toss safely :D

Oh, but the payoff (on the 4th try) was wonderful! Doublecast Ultima has never been so EXTREMELY POWERFUL! The majority of Monster Arena Creations are cake now! Don't even mention Ultima Fury :D

Riven
01-14-2002, 02:33 AM
Blitzball is the workings of Satan on the minds of the poor, hapless game developers at Square. It's designed to slowly degenerate the minds of those who play it until they can do nothing except babble incessantly about how great blitzball is.

No, really.

Blitzball would be so much more fun if for one, it was 3-D instead of just 2-D, and two, if it weren't based almost entirely on stats. *sigh* ... maybe I just won't go for Wakka's celestial weapon.

As for dodging lightning, for me the easiest place was to go out the northern end of the screen with the travel agency place. You should end up on the left side of a fork. Right around just where the path converges worked very well. I believe it's a "3 bolt" area, but I'm not sure... it struck very frequently, anyways. Also, you're extremely close to the travel agency, which makes it nice.

Just count out loud how many bolts you've dodged, and it goes surprisingly fast. If you have to pause it, I'd recommend doing it as you're actually jumping back from a bolt, since that will give you the most time to get ready for the next one when you come back.

And good god, is it worth it. Lulu is the shiznit with Onion Knight, doublecast, and flare/ultima.

Riven

Eternal Snow
01-15-2002, 03:41 PM
hey you forgot magic booster and 1 mp cost to go with ultima and double cast.... :D

Squall123
01-17-2002, 04:37 AM
God, that dodging lighting thing really pissed me off. I had 30, then 66, then 92, then 120, then 160, then 170, then 195 before I hit the 200 mark :/ I am glad that is over. If i have to rate it, it is the hardest Ultimate Weapon to get other than the silly butterfly game.

As for Blitzball, it is about stats yeah. But once you have great awesome characters, like Tidus with jecht Shot 2, Eaiger, Wakka,Wedge,Blappa,Brother who all know how to do Sphere Shot , and of course Nimrook to back you up, it is hella fun !! Just Sphere shooting from the middle of the field, watching poor keeper trying their best to block the inevitable shots.hehehe. I get like 15 points per game against the Ronso, and average around the 10 for the other teams :D Great way to cheer up after a bad day at school

Eternal Snow
01-17-2002, 07:06 AM
actualy it's not that hard... just patience demanding..... tidus' one is quite hard too... ;)

Squall123
01-17-2002, 07:11 AM
hehe. I laugh the whole time when i was doing that chocobo race. It was really funny...The strategy was let the trainer get all the bird hits and you take your sweet time getting ballons :)

Eternal Snow
01-17-2002, 07:19 AM
as i said, it all depends on luck... if you get a good track, you'll be the sigil, if not, just try agains...

FF Big Fan
01-18-2002, 03:41 AM
Chocobo race = Luck race.......
hmmm
hey maybe thats how Luck Attribute comes in handy!
/me going to raise 255 luck
LOL j/k ^^

Eternal Snow
01-18-2002, 06:17 AM
let's not get off topic.... so how many did you guys estimated and how many did you guys actually got???

i got:
estimate - 253
actual - 251

i was kinda afraid i wouldn't be able to get it so i did umm.... a lil more??? :D

FF Big Fan
01-18-2002, 06:25 AM
i got 289
didnt counted so watched the clock instead
thats about 30 mins

Graffin
01-19-2002, 05:28 AM
I got to 24 then I got fed up with it :p

When I have more time i'll go into that 3 strike location and try my luck there.

( I think the Sun Sigil is pretty hard to get. Racing that dumb chocobo bitch is VERY annoying and dodgeing those birds suck.

Auron-9
01-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Nevermind, figured it out.

Elephant Man
01-25-2002, 12:59 AM
okay i have a question. i didn't try the Venus Sigil thing yet. so, say, if you get 239 and you go back to the Travel Agency to get your prize and then you get struck. does it reset? would you have to re-do the whole thing over again? or would you still get the sigil.

QuadBoy
01-25-2002, 08:00 AM
this mini game is very frustrating. i waited until i got the airship and 30 purifying salts (you can get these from capturing monsters) to avoid any encounters. You should stay away from the towers. In additon, to help a bit, every time you dodge 5 bolts in a row you should pause it so you wont go nuts.

its well worth it though- as frustrating as it is

chs105
01-25-2002, 08:29 PM
Elephant Man: Once you have over 200 dodges, and you get hit while you are running back to claim the price, then the whole thing resets and you will have to do it all over again.... just kidding. Once you have over 200 then you will get the price no matter what. By the way, I found that muting the sound definitely helps out a lot, since the sound of thunder from elsewhere will interfere with your concentration, and the music got annoying after a while. ;)

Elephant Man
01-25-2002, 11:39 PM
oh okay. cool.

Mr. Chupon
01-27-2002, 12:50 AM
200 for a silly weapon? Gyah, doesn't seem worth it. None of them do. All I have is the one Sigil from the Cactuars.

And that's all I intend to get. :)

ILLA
02-01-2002, 07:42 AM
I found a way to get strikes consistently without fail. It's in a 3 strike zone just ahead of the inn. Right below the 3 craters on the left side is a little ridge. If you go over it (towards the craters) and back over the crest (towards the inn), you will get a strike on the way back. When you go back towards the craters you will get another strike. Then you have to go forward, back, forward, and then on the way back you will get a strike, and then the way forward you get a strike. This continues in a cycle.

Try it, you will catch on, and it is very predictable. I haven't got to 200 yet, but I just started.

Check the pic for the area where the ridge is.

http://home.wi.rr.com/chrisill/strikezone.jpg

Thunder God Cid
02-07-2002, 12:57 AM
dunno if anyone posted this, im toooooooo lazy to read all post.

can you use no encounter skill and then just tape down X on ya turbo controler? :p :p :p

Kawaii Ryûkishi
02-07-2002, 03:17 AM
Have the No Encounter auto-ability is a big help, but using a turbo controller or just constantly tapping "X" won't work. The game will sense that you are cheating and zap Tidus as punishment.

LOCKE 54
02-07-2002, 03:55 AM
Whew...okay, after 7 of the most painful hours of my life, I finally got the damn Venus Sigil and I hereby resolve to NEVER go back to the Thunder Plains ever again. But anyways... for the purposes of this thread, I figured I'd throw in my two cents about how it's done. For me, I stayed in one spot at the mouth of the path leading away from the Rin's Travel Agency in the Northern half of the area. There, the lightning hits about every 3-5 seconds and there aren't any lightning rods nearby to get in the way. I turned off the FFX sound (as it really does become a distraction) and focused my vision on the body of water you see in the upper-right corner of the screen. This way, there was nothing in my line of sight to interrupt my concentration as I waited for the light flash. Using my peripheral vision to detect the lightning, I went about the task, and almost a third of a day later, I emerged with Venus Sigil in hand. I'm not sure how successful you'd consider this methodology to be, seeing as it took me the better of the day to finish this incredibly stupid side quest, but I thought I'd propose another plan of attack to those readers out there still suffering through this ordeal.

Lung Tai Yang
02-22-2002, 06:19 PM
There's a slower way to do this feat. You can just wait at the beginning of Thunder Plains (the one after Guadosalam) and run around, but not too close, to the save point. If you dodge the lightning twice in a row, save but run quickly away from the tower, coz if the lightning hit the tower while your still near it, your counter resets. If it happens, just load the game you just saved and keep doing it for 100 times (2 dodges for 100 times equals 200 dodges). It might take a while, but that's how I got the Venus sigil before Macalania Temple....

Kat
03-07-2002, 05:31 PM
If I walk around, I'm sure that I'll get distracted and get struck by lightning. Can't I just 'stand' in a three-strike zone, instead of walking around? Pretty, pretty please tell me I can. :p

Kat
03-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Umm.. that's not true about if lightning strikes a tower, it resets the counter, right? o.o;;

Eternal Snow
03-08-2002, 06:45 PM
umm, let's get these things straightened out okies??? firstly.... pls. do not give a method which you haven't tried out before but used personal calculations to solve the problem..... you CANNOT, and i would like to emphasize (sp?) the word, CANNOT!!! get lulu's crest (or sigil?? forgot) w/o hard work.... you cannot save halfway through...... as long as 1 lightning strikes the tower, you're back to 1..... and i'm dead sure you cannot run in a record time.... and yes kat, you can stand there, but you'll haf to walk occassionally to get back to the 3 strike area..... the best way to do this is to do like 20-30 strikes the first time.... pause the game then do another 10 strikes or so every 2-3 mins.... gd luck all....

buddy
03-11-2002, 06:18 PM
Look at the map a few posts above. That is where I did this insanely stupid task. Face away from the screen(up). Stand still and dodge. Then walk north to where you were originally standing and repeat...199 more times (at least).
Tips that helped me...
Have no-encounter ability enabled - a must
Turn down lights in room - helps you to see flashes easier.
Elimnate all distractions - i.e. pets, phone
Focus your eyes about halfway up between Tidus' head and the mini-map. Don't look at Tidus.
Count the # of dodges out loud (whisper them)
Stop every 20-30 to rest your eyes, but pause right in mid-jump backwards. That way you have time to get back into it when you restart it.
Stay in that 3-strike zone...
Give yourself an extra dozen dodges in case you mis-counted. (You don't want to go back to the Inn to find you did 198 or 199)
Good luck

HugiEugie
03-19-2002, 06:42 PM
gee...

truth be told, i'm playin through ffX for the third time and all three times, it's been really easy for me to dodge 200...

seriously, it's really easy!

i've found a slow but sure way of doing this, and did i mention, on the first visit.

i've noticed that lightning sometimes srikes right after a battle or closing the menu screen, giving you very little time to react. But how do you avoid these things without the no enemy encounter?

easy... don't move.

jes go to the place where there's a treasure chest and a cactuar stone. it kind of juts out of the map. now, stand against the wall, and dodge the lightning bolts. as Tidus dodges them, he'll do his customary jumping backwards move, but since there's no space, he'll land exactly where he began.

Meaning, Tidus DOESN'T MOVE! he jes stays in the same spot!

only problem is that the lightning there doesn't strike as often as you would want it to

hey, i sed it was slow, but this is gives you more time to rest and get ready for the next lightning bolt. altogether on the average, it takes me about 30-40 minutes to get atleast 200 in...

Julia
04-07-2002, 05:55 PM
DYK: Yuna's Celestial Weapon is the easiest one to complete.

It is one of the BEST Ultimate Weapons in the game cuz you can give her one mp cost and she also has 3X Overdrive(I think)

So if you teach Yuna Doublecast + ultima, and increase her magic points a bit, she can cause MORE than 9999 dmg. no to mention what Doublecast will do.

THIS IS A SPOILER! DON'T LOOK IF YOUR NOT A FFX PLAYER OR HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME YET!!!! *gasps*

buddy
04-08-2002, 02:48 AM
Don't want to correct you but Wakka's world champion and Attack reels overdrive can 99,999 damage 12 times on one shot.

Zir Jo!
04-11-2002, 07:47 PM
If somebody didn't know: www.playonline.com (http://www.squaresoft.com/playonline/index.html) is the official page where you can find all about this great game.

Hey, to get the Saturn Sigil:

"Capture all the blue butterflies without touching any red ones in the butterfly hunt game in Macalania Woods"

If you come from the Thunder Plains to Macalania Woods you'll find some kind of birdman with an harp near the 1st multicolored Butterfly (the one that you have to touch to start the butterflies hunting).

But coming from the Macalania Agency to Macalania Woods you will find another (The 2nd one).

To get the Saturn Sigil, wich one do you have to play?, the 1st one, the 2nd one, or it doesn't matter???

I almost finish the "1st butterfly" in the second time, (when u get the Saturn Sigil), the first time I don't remenber what u get, but there were the half of the red ones...

(I have already the Masamune, the Caladbolg and the Nirvana)

Did u know that upgrading the legendary weapons you break the 9999 limit of damage with Yuna's Aeons?

Nirvana-------------------- Valefor breaks the limit
World Champion---------Ifrit breaks the limit
Spirit Lance---------------Ixion breaks the limit
Onion Knight-------------Shiva breaks the limit
Masamune----------------Yojimbo breaks the limit
God Hand-----------------/////////////////////////
Caladbolg-----------------////////////////////////

You only need to use the Crest of the character in his/her weapon to break that #/*-?=$#(/% limit, the Sigils isn't nessesary to do this.

pssst, my record with Bahamut's Mega Flare is 93.232

;)

buddy
04-11-2002, 10:46 PM
You need to finish both butterfly mini-game courses after getting the airship to get the Sigil.

Zir Jo!
04-13-2002, 09:08 PM
:cry: :mad2: :mad: :cry: :grr: :mad: :mad2: :grr: :mad: :mad2: :crying:

I finished the 1st the first time, but when I tried the second time there were much more red butterflies, I almost finish it today :grr:

And I'm not goig to say nothing about tha difficulty of the 2nd Butterfly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody know what a Blitzball player needs to use Ject Shot 2? I'm in Lv.27 with Zir (sorry, Tidus) (and I really know how to play Blitzball :D ) and nobody in my team can learn this ability, (I gained it in a Tournament).

:choc:

Zir Jo!
04-13-2002, 09:47 PM
I read right now all the post and I find that the great part of you guys say:

"Ohhhhhhh! Lulu, Ultima, Flare DoubleCast, 1 MP cost""

But please tell me How much Magic stat your Lulu has. Personally, I don't like Lulu has character to fight but she looks great!!!. My Yuna is much more powerfull than Lulu and she has all the good spells and abilities in the game (for a magic user):

Firaga, Waterga, Thundaga, Blizzaga, Cure, Cura, Curaga, Life, Flare, Ultima, Doublecast, and anothers...

Lulu: Magic 62
Yuna: Magic 87

(It may be because I love Yuna :love: )

And the Nirvana, Anima, Yojimbo and the Magus Sisters.

Five of my 7 characters have Ultima and Tidus, Full-life, I'm going to teach it to Yuna with a Friend Sphere or something.

I only need a Lv4 lock Sphere to get Auto-life. :cool:

And I can kill Yu Yevon with 2 hits, he has 120.000 HP, and I only can do 99.999 of damage. :tongue:

I need the World Champion, the Onion Knight and the Spirit Lance to have all the )/$/%!*/ Celestial Weapons

My thunder record is 92 :eep:

Tell me your records!

It may be selfish... But this is my story!!!

buddy
04-14-2002, 04:19 AM
Zir Jo,
Your Tidus must learn all three of his key abilities to get Jecht Shot 2. Look at his blitzball abilities page at the bottom to see what his 3 are.

(<--dodged 221)

Zir Jo!
04-14-2002, 11:34 PM
Ah! Thanx Rusty...ups sorry! it's a tradition!

Anyway, thanx buddy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Four times with the =)//$%%#%)-*//[¨*]: bolts!

1st:92
2nd:84
3rd:40
4th:231

" 777 lightimg bolts have stuck toward Zir.

He successfully dodged 693 bolts total, and 231 consecutive bolts." (Finally!)

BoomBoomStick
04-22-2002, 12:25 AM
Omg... This game sucks for one reason DODGEING THE STUPID BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!! Whoever created this mini game should beat themself up. Anyways i'm gonna go scream some more and then dodge some more then break some stuff while screaming then play some more till i finnaly reach 200 bolts easy nuff eh? more like geh!

BatChao
04-22-2002, 12:27 AM
Anyone have tips on getting the sun sigil... u know... doing the chocobo race and getting under 0 sec. That's like... umm... really hard. Them darn birds keep mashing into me!

BoomBoomStick
04-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Yeah, my suggestion to you is right when the race starts see where the first 5 balloons are set up. If the first balloon is to the left ignore it and look at the next if that one is also to the left ignore it also because you will just end up behind the chocobo trainer. Get all the balloons to the right when the trainer get's behind you then you can veer off to the left when need be. When you get to the open field the birds will start swooping. Grab as many balloons as possible in this area because this is the widest area to dodge birds then when you get into the next section still get lots of balloons just remember that dodging birds in this area is a must because they come so fast sometimes they get your 2 to 3 times in the same spot.

This took me half a day to get 0.0.0, Then the ho bag did not give me the sun sigil. Then it took me the other half of the day to get 0.0.0 again she finnally gave it to me.

This was well worth the time in effort though because Tidus ultimate weapon is very very sexy.

If this does not seem clear to anyone just post or e-mail me at pfreeman75@hotmail.com and i'll try to explain it a little better.

dark dragon
05-25-2002, 03:19 PM
I maneged to dodge the bolt 257 times in 20 min:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: :p :p

dark dragon
05-25-2002, 03:22 PM
1:st time:123
2:nd time:257:eek: :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nova Dragon
05-27-2002, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the tips about beating the Chocobo Trainer in 0 Seconds BoomBoomStick; I have yet to be able to beat her to get the Sun Sigil but I may be able to now!

Also, please do not double post dark dragon - if you want to add something to your last post simply use the edit button! This way you will avoid annoying the mods and knights - you don't want to do that!

Hybrid
06-07-2002, 08:42 AM
Had to restart 2 times with around 30 dodges under my belt. After that it was smooth sailing. I found this task to be almost the easiest one. Made it in under 15 minutes even with having to restart.

I left the tavern heading north. As soon as you get to the next screen, move up around 6 steps. Two flashes should follow. One takes 3 to 4 seconds then you have one in 2 to 3 second...then it repeats. One fast one slow. Timing is easy and if you take your mind off the fact that this is such a "made to be huge" task and relax, its easy as sin. Erase the thought that if you mess up you have to start over again...as its not the end of the world.

I am having much more trouble with the butterflies. The thunder seems like a chewing gum next to the numbing, root canal that is the butterfly catching :)

GundamX
06-07-2002, 08:46 PM
well, the 3 strike area actualy is anywhere you choose. As long as it is away from the towers. If u go to GameFAQs, the walkthroughs do tell u that. Its just a matter of concentration. But, I've tried another method and it does work. At least for me and my friends that is. All you have to do is to do is start out anywhere. Dodge the first one, then mentally count to 4. The lightning should strike on the 4th. Caution, this is not foolproof. It sometimes strike later or earlier. Nonetheless, this is a tried and tested thing(on international version).

My dodge record.
1)98
2)215(3str area)
3)258(4s thingy)

DK
06-15-2002, 04:52 PM
All i am going to say is 183 dodges, and then Dark Ixion. :eep: *Throws FFX out of the window*

cobrabud
06-19-2002, 01:04 PM
As soon as you get hit by lightning does that reset your counter? Or do you have to just dodge 200 in all????

Macalania Nuts
06-26-2002, 06:14 AM
I guess I got lucky with the sigils. The butterfly one took me half an hour of practice then I got it.
The one for the caladbolg I got on my 3rd try, man i thout that one was gonna take ages.
and I dodged 80 bolts the first time, then i went to bed(it was about 2am) next day I dodged over 200 first go easy as. U just have to count em and not lapse out, as soon as u do you'll fuck it up.
Im real happy i got these weapons easy, but I dont wanna have to get wakkas one. from the sound of things its just damn tedious, i dont really like blitzball at all.
if any1 still needs help doing the lightning thing. you have to dodge 200 IN A ROW. dont leave the screen, dont go near any towers, just find a spot where they strike fast and CONCENTRATE. also, look at the screen not at tidus, its easier that way.

Heath
06-29-2002, 09:31 PM
I have the Sun crest (got it after Yunalesca no Dark Bahamut :)
and sigil (I actaully had 0:0,5 now that just takes the mickey doesn't it!)
Now what do I do. I haven't got the celestial mirror where do you get it?

chappu
07-01-2002, 07:13 AM
people, first of all, to get [no encounters] ability you only need about 20 minutes, not 2 hours, and why the heck would you go to omega ruins to get it???
ok, here we go, to get [purifying salt x 99] just capture the following monsters and you will get them from the monster catcher:

1 Vouivre [Mi'hen Highroad] x4
2 Lamashtu [Mushroom Rock Road] x4
3 Kusariqqu [Thunder Plains] x4
4 Mushussu [Sanubia Desert] x4
5 Nidhogg [Cavern of the Stolen Fayth] x4

now, to get the celestial mirror, first win the race at reminem temple, then go to macalania woods and speak with the mother and child, then go to campsite and talk to the father(he runs off) go back and keep talking to the mother until she says that the kid is missing, then go to that sparkly path and speak with the boy. touch the plant and you will have celestial mirror. this is the place where you use the sigils and crests to unlock your weapons!

Heath
07-02-2002, 07:41 PM
ahh thank you. Now I ahve Godhand and Cadabolg!

chappu
07-08-2002, 03:13 AM
i want a bloody sun sigil. while were there, kimahris sigil is hard to get...i need 4 more, lulu, kimahri, tidus, wakka..

why couldnt they just use good old get the weapon, equip it and there!

Heath
07-14-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by chappu

why couldnt they just use good old get the weapon, equip it and there!
That would be too easy...

Kevrpgfan
07-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Hi dudes I was looking round for the extra bit to the ending of FFX and stumbled across this site, anyways better keep to the thread, that lightning shit is a pain but I managed it last week somehow and I'm still in shock about it, I somehow dodged 672:whoa:

I was counting away and using pause during the first 300 and then I thought what the hell, lets see how long I can go without pausing, I lost count when I was approaching 600 and thought who cares this is just for fun now, anyways when I got hit I wasn't happy, I wish I could of gone on longer :D

quistisgirl
07-14-2002, 09:06 PM
dooooood, why would anyone want to dodge 200 bolts for lulu's weapon in the first place. [i understand, i tried it once too.. i only got up to 63], i'd rather complete the whole sphere grid for everybody instead, that sounds more productive. and you wouldnt even need lulu's "grand/ultimate/special" weapon anyway, the boss is so easy. to waste a few hours just pressing a button 200 times, i'd rather finish up playing GT3.

Kevrpgfan
07-15-2002, 04:36 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the only reason for breaking the HP limit is if you want to beat all the Dark Summons without using zanmoto, so doing the whole grid isn't so productive after all.

quistisgirl
07-15-2002, 07:32 PM
no no no, i dont want to complete the grid for beating anything. it just seems so pretty when the whole grid's lit up! :D

and who's/what's zanmoto? is that another name for something? why would i need to use zanmoto to beat the dark summons? i've already beat the game a long time ago, i dont remember using any zanmoto.. hm...

Kevrpgfan
07-15-2002, 08:42 PM
zanmoto is yojimbos overdrive move, it kills any enemy with one hit, basically chops them in half. The Dark Summons I am referring to are the ones in the european international version only.

zPlutonicz
07-15-2002, 08:53 PM
In the Japanese and Europe International releases, many of the games bosses were made harder, and key locations were blocked off but 'dark aeons'. These were never in the US release of the game but have health from 800,000 to 80,000,000 hp. The most effective way to beat them is to get Yojimbo (from under the bridge between Calm Lands and Gagazet, and train him to use Zanmato (his overdrive, which is very rare due to the random nature of his attacks).

To beat then without using this move however needs almost perfect stats of 255 and as many final weapons and armour as possible, dodging lightening is needed to get lulu's last weapon... although 670.. a bit obsessive .. lol

Kevrpgfan
07-15-2002, 09:35 PM
hiya pluto :cool:

I think I'll have to come round yours and do lightning dodging for ya m8 :tongue:

zPlutonicz
07-15-2002, 09:37 PM
rofl, i can do it, i got like 170 odd, i just cant do it again once i just failed, far too depressing. And if you real want to drive down here u can, but u cant drive yet, and im sure u wouldnt want to walk! :D

anyway, i only need lulu's and Wakka's now.

For lulu i just need to stay sober for those 20 mins, but wakka... it will take me years! I have got attack reels, and thats all so far.. Oh, and i only have two more tings on the sphere grid for Tidus left to light, will starts work on Yuni soon.

-N-
07-16-2002, 07:39 PM
There is an edit option here, buddy. Look in the lower-right hand corner of your post, and click the edit/delete option. It will save you the wrath of anti-double-posters (and coincidentally, mods/admins) like Kishi.

zPlutonicz
07-18-2002, 12:27 PM
oh yeah.. i should have known that as i have a vb board.. nm. Now i know it thats cool :D ill mix them together now lol.

Oh and i done 200 lightening doges now, its realy not all that time consuming takes about 5 -> 10 mins depending.

Dark Tidus
07-19-2002, 05:19 AM
HI GUYS, I JUST GOT THE SUN SIGIL!!!
YES!!!

IT TOOK ME LIKE 100 TRIES OVER 3 DAYS BUT I FINALLY GOT IT, AND WHAT I FOUND OUT IS THAT TO PASS IT, JUST TRY TO FOLLOW THE ROUTE WITH THE BALOONS IN IT, I.E, EVERY BALOON IN THE GAME IS POSSIBLE TO GET AND YOU JUST NEED TO GO IN THE PERFECT PATH AND BEFORE THE BIRDS HIT YOU JUST SWERVE OUT QUICKLY AND THEY MISS, OTHERWISE, IF YOU DONT MOVE THEY PULL UP AT THE LAST MINUTE ANYWAY!!
ITS WORTH IT, GOT 16 BALOONS AND 1 HIT, ABOUT A TOTAL TIME OFF -2 SECS

JUST GOTTA GET 3 MORE SIGILS, THEN GOT EM ALL!
WAKKA- JUPITER SIGIL
AURON- MARS SIGIL
KIMAHRI- SATURN SIGIL

WAKKAS WILL BE EASY TO GET, BUT TIME CONSUMING CAUSE I NEED TO WIN 9 MORE GAMES OF BLITZ AND GOT THAT.

AURONS, JUST NEED TO CAPTURE A FEW MORE MONSTERS IN ABOUT 3 AREAS, PRETTY EASY, 1 HOUR AT MAX.

KIMAHRI, GOT IT, BUT BEFORE I GOT MY PRIZE AND FINISHED THE RACE, I LEFT THE SCREEN AND I DIDN'T GET IT, F*%@!!!!! I WAS REALLY PISSED OFF!!!

BUT ANYWAY I REACKON HALF A DAY AT THE MAX AND I WILL HAVE THEM ALL, IT WILL PROBABLY TAKE MORE CAUSE OF BLITZBALL.

BLITZBALL IS STUPID, I HATE IT, ALTHOUGH I'M GOOD AT IT,CAUSE OF ALL WAKKA'S STUPID OVERDRIVES, BUT 9 MORE WINS, THEN NO MORE BLITZBALL, EVER!!

SO I HAVE RAVED ENOUGH, I WAS JUST SO EXICTED ABOUT GETTING THE SUN SIGIL LIKE 5 MINS AGO, AND JUST HAD TO TELL SOMEONE CAUSE I DONT KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS THE SAME PASSION ABOUT FFX EXCEPT YOU GUYS, SORRY FOR RAVING BUT ITS LEGENDARY, UPGRADING THE CALADBOLG FULLY IS WORTH IT.

ANYWAY ABOUT THE THUNDER PLAINS VENUS SIGIL, I THINK IT IS, JUST GO TO THE NORTHERN PART OF THE PLAINS, JUST UP FROM THE INN, AND WHERE 2 PATHS JOIN INTO 1 STAY AROUND THERE, THIS IS CALLED A 3-STRIKE AREA AND LIGHTNING BOLTS STRIKE LIKE EVERY 5-6 SECS. AND IT SHOULDN'T TAKE MORE THAN HALF AN HOUR, AND PLUS THE ONION NIGHT AT FULL POWER IS PRETTY COOL, ITS WORTH IT, JUST LIKE THE CALADBOLG AND EVERY OTHER ULTIMATE WEAPON.

ANYWAY, TOO MUCH RAVING, SEE YA!!

chappu
07-22-2002, 10:43 AM
please lay you fingers off the caps lock key...caldabolg aint worth the nerves, but im calm now, dont need it much anyway, it doesnt affect aeons, wakkas, ill get, i love blitzball better than the game itself, luca is the best place...why bother filling the grid and all, just gotta kill off the bosses and finish the game, i only fully cracked ff8, not even fully, cause i didnt know anything about the battle meter, so thats the only thing i ever missed, everything else, right there, all cards, all weapons, all everything else :) but i love blitzball :)

-N-
07-24-2002, 04:14 PM
Erm... congratulations? *shields eyes from blinding caps*

Dark Tidus
07-25-2002, 12:06 PM
Got Aurons Mars Crest, Gotta Get Kimahris and Wakka's nearly there.
Sorry Bout The Caps

Flaps
07-27-2002, 12:51 PM
After going to the 3 strike zone and failing miserably, I decided to go to a 1 stike zone on the southern plain, well away from the towers.
I equipped no encounters then turned the music off and just used the white flash preceding the lightning bolt as my cue to press x. It took around 25 minutes and, being in a 1 strike zone, this made it a little easier to keep count.
When I was sure I had dodged 200+, I went to the chest outside the Agency. I opened it once and it said I had dodged 50, so I opened it again and it said I dodged 100. Opening it again, it said I had dodged 150, so I opened it one last time and it said I had dodged 200, it gave me the sigil, then the chest disappeared.

Kevrpgfan
07-28-2002, 11:58 AM
n1 dude

I used to get really pissed off with that lightning shit till I did it in style :D

-N-
07-31-2002, 07:35 PM
Uh, that is kinda weird, Flaps... but you still got the Sigil. Is that how its supposed to be?

Flaps
07-31-2002, 11:03 PM
Basically, I lost count so I guess I dodged well over 200 in the end......anyways....I went to open the chest and it said "you have dodge 50 bolts" I thought bollox I have I dodged more than that so I clicked on the chest again, it opened and said "congrats you have dodged 100 bolts" sooooo...I clicked on it again and it said "congrats you have dodged 150 bolts"....so one more click and it told me I had dodged 200. I guess, in a rather long winded way, I am saying, the game rewards you for dodging every 50 lightning bolts and doesnt give you the 200 dodged prize until you have received all the earlier prizes....which makes sense as once you get the sigil, the chest buggers off ;)

Kevrpgfan
07-31-2002, 11:50 PM
I thought anybody would know you get other prizes before the sigil =/ The Rope Jump was the same remember....

-N-
08-01-2002, 06:59 PM
Oh jeezus, don't mention the jump ro..... *dies of seizure*

~Zodiac~
08-16-2002, 04:14 PM
The Jump Rope Game >.<. omfg, I did make it......i got the damn card etc....but one time when I was close to the 1000 jumps i fell at 964 >.< :C

Psychotic
08-23-2002, 07:32 PM
THINGS I CAN'T GET:
Moon Sigil(don't I need anima + Magus sisters? can't get into temples to do treasure unless I want to spend about 150k to remove certain problems)
Venus Sigil ARGHHH 139 is my best.....
Spirit Lance.Yes I know but nothing happens at the stones!?!?!?!?!?
Saturn Sigil/Mercury Sigil:Dont want to, no need, haven't tried.

THINGS I CAN GET:
Sun Sigil:Easy
Jupiter Sigil:Again this was easy
Mars Sigil:Not easy but I did it....
EVERY CREST + WEAPON except for Spirit Lance

Auron_Kotetsu
09-12-2002, 06:16 PM
yeah, the spirit lance, i can help you with... after you activate the qactuar stones, you'll see this little ghost of a qactuar somewhere on the lower (guadosalam) end of the Thunder plains. Follow it, it'll stop in front of this towery thing. if you press square in front of that tower, lightning will strike all over the place and you get the Lance.... well.... it happens something like that. Point being that you get the lance.
now if only i could get the freaking sigil to activate it. and WHERE IN THE HELL is the saturn crest?! it's a stupid question but i CANNOT FIND IT!!! AAARGH!

Psychotic
09-12-2002, 06:34 PM
Thx anyway but I got that quite a while back
As for the Saturn Crest, that got me too.If you have checked Mount Gagazet(where it actually is)are you looking in that area just after the mountain near Zanarkand? Thats what I did for ages and It isn't there.The best thing to do is go through the mountain from the start with no encounters and eventually there'll be a save point on a slope.Keep going up and around and there'll be a few pillars.One of the ones on the left hides the chest containing the crest.
UPDATED LIST :)THINGS I CAN'T GET:
Venus Sigil ARGHHH 139 is still my best..... or did It go up, I can't remember but I think i got 160+ once
Saturn Sigil Whatever, I dont use Kimahri I only got the crest and weapon for Ixion Break Dmg Limit.
THINGS I CAN GET:
Sun Sigil:Easy
Jupiter Sigil:Again this was easy
Mars Sigil:Not easy but I did it....
Moon Sigil:Hurrah! I removed a certain problem(Dark Valefor) And I was well on my way!
Mercury Sigil:For that silly Cactuar in that hole I had to kill Dark Ifrit to make him show up.I don't know why that happened.
EVERY CREST + WEAPON-Hurrah! But at the time I didn't have the Saturn Crest.I forgot to mention it :D

ThE dArK oNe
10-18-2002, 05:57 AM
There is a pattern in the thunder strikes if ur near the strike zones... after 2 sec, a bolt will strike, then 1 sec after dat, another bolt will strike... than it repeats. It's sumthing like that. And for the butterflies, go through it slowly and learn the ins and outs of each section.

Quistis79
12-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Where on earth is Jupiter Crest?!? It's supposed to be in some locker-room for my understanding, but I sure can't find it. At least it's not in Luca, so where is it?! Still have lots of Blitz to play, just got Status Reels, gosh, I hate blitzball!!! *edit*Found it and I just got Auroch Reels, now I just have to wait for the Jupiter Sigil to show up as a prize.

And that accursed Sun Sigil!! I got exactly 0.00 for my time and got a frigging Turbo Ether, I did get Caladbolg or whatever, but I have to beat that stupid game again to get Sun Sigil, don't I? Gosh, I'm so hating it!! *edit*I guess the problem is, that I got exactly 0:0.0 and it should be below. I tried it again, spent an hour and a half and best times I got were 0:2.6, 0:1.6 and 0:1.3, gosh, I was ready to throw my PS2 out of the window!! Man I'm hatin that stupid chicken(chocobo)!!

And I don't even want to think about Saturn Sigil or Moon Sigil. Since I forgot all destruction spheres except the one in Bevelle I have to go through trials again, which wouldn't be a problem, but those accursed Dark Aeons are blocking my way to some of the temples, so no chance getting there. And Yojimbo won't do Zanmato even if I give all my money...grrr!!! And since I can't get Anima, I can't get Magus Sisters and thus can't get Moon Sigil! *edit*Ooh, I got the Saturn Sigil, it was actually quite easy, now my Kimahri kicks ass!! About Moon Sigil, I do have to get Anima, I'm pretty sure of it. I have Blossom Crown and Flower Sceptre and I have beaten all Belgemines Aeons in Remiem Temple, but I can't get through that door to get Magus Sisters. Dark Aeons that are blocking temples are Valefor and Shiva, others are around the Spira, I think.

Still working on Mercury Sigil, four cactuars to go. *edit*Got the Mercury Sigil too!!

Mars and Venus Sigil were the only easy ones. I guess I just happened to get Mars Sigil along the way(I got the Crest and Sigil before getting Masamune) and Venus Sigil was rather easy, took me about 20 minutes of dodging.

Auron_Kotetsu
12-10-2002, 05:54 PM
The Jupiter sigil is indeed in a locker room. It's one of the rear right-hand side lockers in the Auroch's locker room in Luca. It took me a while to figure that one out as well. You actually have to physically walk up to the lockers and press x. I think it's the second one from the wall, behind where Botta's standing.

You did the race, got 0.00 and didn't get the Sun Sigil? That's... strange. I can only suggest doing it again.... (sorry!)

Saturn sigil is all about just doing that silly butterfly game over and over until you either beat it or kill yourself. I don't have the International version but i doubt there's a Dark Aeon blocking Macalania woods... from what i understand, Dark Aeons hang out around temples.

And you don't need all the Aeons to get the Moon Sigil. In Fact, if you're REALLY godly, you can get Yuna's legendary weapon before you get the airship. You just have to beat the Remiem Bahamut, get the Flower Scepter, and get the Flower Crown from the Calm Lands Arena man after catching all the Mt. Gagazet monsters. Then you have to beat the Magus Sisters in Remiem, which, using the overdrives on all your Aeons, shouldn't be too hard. Then you'll get the Moon Sigil. Whew.

And as you seem to have found out, the Mercury Sigil game is just profoundly time-consuming. Moo.

Good luck. Be sure to post a victory dance when you get them all!

Giga Guess
12-18-2002, 05:02 PM
Okay, here's my thing. Can you save periodically, while doing the 200 lightning bolts? Or does that reset you?

Rye
12-26-2002, 10:55 PM
It resets. When i did it i had about 30 dodges and I wanted to save then i had to DO THEM ALL OVER AGAIN

Dark Jester
01-04-2003, 04:57 AM
in the words of Kefka the madman

WAP WAP WAP WAP WAP WAP WAP!!!!!!

yes thats right kiddies, i've gotten everything all powered up. Auron's damn weapon thing confused me on what to capture, so i systematically captured paractically 10 of everything. my blitzball team has no equal, i;ve never lost a game, i've made a goal going through all 6 defending players. i dodged 200 bolts consecutively 3rd time try. i captured the butterflies after practically gouging my eyes out and molesting household items. the sun stuff was easy as was the moon stuff. and the ****ing gobi desert mercury stuff...... wow was that alot of boring running around.

all in all

Tidus sphere maxed with ultimate weapon
Yuna Sphere maxed with ultimate weapon
Rikku sphere maxed with ultimate weapon
Wakka sphere 1/2 done with ultimate weapon
Lulu sphere 1/2 done with ultimate weapon
Kimahri sphere 1/3 done with ultimate weapon
Auron sphere 1/3 done with ultimate weapon

Mindy does around 560,000 damage with passado i think, it hits 14 times right? times 40,000 against Th'uban.

must list feats to gain more respect..... feats dwindling.... none left..... its so cold :cry:

Kupo:mog:

Rye
01-04-2003, 01:46 PM
lol, i definatly need help with the butterflys, there horrible and when i catch 7, i don't know where that chest is, and i can't get to it :(

Dark Jester
01-05-2003, 03:34 AM
hah thats nothing, i didn't know there were 2 different butterfly games, so after the first one yielded an elixer, i thought the game glitched and wanted to hurl my ps2 console through my window.

anywho, its mostly memorization, know where to be when u turn the damn corners.

Rye
01-05-2003, 03:17 PM
lol! thanks i'll try! ^^

Iceglow
01-09-2003, 10:09 AM
yess I have Yuna's, Rikku's, and Auron's powered up to get Aurons head via the djose beach not the road because dark magus sisters are painful (anyone reading a guide disregard all stats just make sure you have a helluva lot of HP and all stats at 255 and all Aeon stats maked and everything with and overdrive ready and definaltely Yojimbo even though he'll only get around 2 hits in before dying on your ass pay around 1million gil for a zanmato attack) but the main thing about celestial weapons is the venus saturn and the sun sigils they are whores (if anyone considers themselves one or works as a prostichute no disrespect meant) the chocobo race is the luck of the draw, the saturn bloody red butterflies look blue most of the time and battles eat too much time even with 200+ agility and the Venus sigil need I say more 200 ****ing bolts!!! how the hell I got 100 consecutive and as I calmly stand around waiting for the 101st six come within half a bloody minute I jumped five then the sixth hit me and no you can't save in the jumping session it's a mosh pit gone wrong as theres only Tidus and no heavy rock music to mosh to and even industrial is'nt fast enough to keep up the rhythym. damm it the one area my knowledge of rock music and hardcore mosh pits should be helpful and it isn't.

Dark Jester
01-09-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Fallen_angel_666
yess I have Yuna's, Rikku's, and Auron's powered up to get Aurons head via the djose beach not the road because dark magus sisters are painful (anyone reading a guide disregard all stats just make sure you have a helluva lot of HP and all stats at 255 and all Aeon stats maked and everything with and overdrive ready and definaltely Yojimbo even though he'll only get around 2 hits in before dying on your ass pay around 1million gil for a zanmato attack) but the main thing about celestial weapons is the venus saturn and the sun sigils they are whores (if anyone considers themselves one or works as a prostichute no disrespect meant) the chocobo race is the luck of the draw, the saturn bloody red butterflies look blue most of the time and battles eat too much time even with 200+ agility and the Venus sigil need I say more 200 ****ing bolts!!! how the hell I got 100 consecutive and as I calmly stand around waiting for the 101st six come within half a bloody minute I jumped five then the sixth hit me and no you can't save in the jumping session it's a mosh pit gone wrong as theres only Tidus and no heavy rock music to mosh to and even industrial is'nt fast enough to keep up the rhythym. damm it the one area my knowledge of rock music and hardcore mosh pits should be helpful and it isn't.

right, looking past the typos...... huh?

Iceglow
01-15-2003, 12:29 PM
try typing on no sleep for the last two weeks I crashed for 3 days straight after that post. Then got the sigil by dodging 337 bolts without a break (I did that many cos I read somewhere that there was a key item achieved after the sigil at around 250 turns out that there aint such an item.). Then got Wakka's as a stroke of sheer luck but an entire blitz league in one day plus the lightning was too much for me another 2 days later (sleep was necessary after going to a club and drinking myself into oblivion literally) I got back to normal

TehTpyoKing
02-05-2003, 05:09 AM
new poster here, ive been playing FFX about 95 hours on a single save game and i have all of the base legendary weapons, all of the crests, and all but 2 sigils, lulus, and wakkas, i have 39 blitzball wins under my belt, so i need 11 more for it to show up i gather, then 10 for the league.

and my current record for lightning is like 136 bolts, ill get around to it eventually because before i knew about the legendary weapons i made every conceivable effort to make lulu a tool of destruction, so she has magic like you wouldnt believe, so once i get onion knight all finished she should be quite the machine.

any1 who doesnt think getting the legendary weapons is important is *insane* going from a cap of 9999 damage to 99,999 damage is intense. you can forget ever killing any of the original monsters without them.

for me nirvana was pretty darn easy to get, kimahris sigil was kind of frustrating, rikkus was darn easy with a no-encounters weapon, aurons was iffy, but it didnt take long, tidus's sigil was REALLY difficult for me.

wakkas wont be hard because i never lose blitzball, its just gotten very very old at this point.

and lulus frustrates me like nothing else, but having her cap out at 9999 damage is even more frustrating so im gonna have to do it eventually.

fortunately i am using the american version so i dont have to worry about dark aeons when i was getting anima/magus sisters.

for any who are having a hard time with kimahris sigil, thats the one i feel most qualified to give advice on, just take a few tries to work out the pattern, more or less its just a matter of 'over, under, under, over, over, under, over, etc...' once i worked out the pattern it didnt take long.

and referring to blitzball quickly, alot of strategy guides imply that you should use zev ronso for midfielder, i dont doubt that he's good, but personally lakkam is doing *VERY* well for me as midfielder, shes the girl running in circles in the room in front of rin and kimahri on the airship, she is the passing queen and has good attack to boot, and she starts with brawler and elite defense which makes her show up for brawls from a good distance.

ive only won about 39 games as i said earlier and shes around level 42, and has 45ish passing, i like to get a good few defenders on me and use nap pass and put 1/2 their team to sleep just for fun ;)

i usually make about 5-7 pts per game, and i never get scored on.

my lineup at the moment is.

RF: Tidus
LF: Wedge
MF: Lakkam
LD: Berrik
Rd: Ropp
GL: Jumal

i got lucky on wedge, the al bhed psyches had him for a while and got him decent level and one day decided to let him go, so i snatched him up quick, as hes prolly one of the best forwards outside of tidus.

lakkam i got as a free agent, berrik and ropp as well, i can dig up their locations if any1 wants them,

Jumal was on the Ronso Fangs when i initially found him, hes one of the better goalies, as is Nimrook.

i just did exhibition games and forfeited til he had 1 game left on his contract with the Ronsos, then went and scouted him (just looking at him with Square) and went and forfeited one more game, and the re-recruited their old goalie, zamzi ronso i think. so i went and snatched him up and finally let poor keepa go.

but basically all i have ever needed for the most part was lakkam and tidus with jecht shot.

im ranting on and on here, and my post is pretty huge by now im sure, so im gonna close it here, but ill be around im sure.

Iceglow
02-05-2003, 02:40 PM
not really on the subject but, the best blitz line up in the game is:
Tidus
Wakka
Letty
Jasuu
Naida (albhed in calmlands shop (female))
Keeper

this works because at high levels they will have aurochs spirit and Naida is the quickest defender in the game base spd value: 73!

ChibiInuYasha
02-11-2003, 02:08 AM
Wow this sure did get of subject :whoa: anywayz, reading this really got me in the mood to go and get the Venus Sigil (it's been taunting me so :mad: ) After I actually sat down and concetrated, it wasn't all that hard. Even though it took me 2 tries, I'm VERY pleased. 2 words "ULTIMA FURY" *evil laugh* Now I just gotta go after the Jupiter Sigil and Saturn Sigil *shivers* :cry:

TehTpyoKing
02-26-2003, 05:48 AM
well i did it, sort of....

i fired up a new game to relive the storyline, and to collect the al bhed primers i missed the 1st time through, and on my 1st visit to the thunder plains i figured id dodge some lightning to get the good items (HP Spheres and stuff) i never thought id actually get the sigil, seeing as i didnt have no encounters yet. among other things

so i went to the 3 strike spot just north of rins agency or whatever, and started dodging, every 3 or 4 bolts id run back to a certain spot and get struck at 3 or 4 more times. anyways every 6 or 8 strikes id have a battle which would get me loosened up for the next ones, i didnt even bother keeping count with the battles popping up so often, i figured id just go til i got struck, eventually i got to a point where i said 'wow, i bet i have the sigil by now' but i kept dodging anyways, just to be sure.

so a little while later i finally get struck, which is all the better because im sure i was running low on MP with yuna and lulu, and i hate to waste ethers, even tho thats what they're there for.

so i go back to the chest and i open it, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 150, 200! woo!

so i say to myself, i wonder how many i dodged? so i go inside, check the book, i dodged 335 bolts! i was pretty proud of myself..

problem is, i did that on a separate save from my other peoples, so the only finished legendary weapons i have on that save are Onion Knight, and Nirvana =\

i ended up customizing weapons for lulu and wakka on my 1st game which in lulus case is an exact duplicate, and wakkas case is actually better than his legendary (swapped double ap out for magic counter)

so more or less finishing the legendarys for me is just for bragging rights, and i have that for lulu, and wakkas doesnt really take skill but is more or less just time consuming.

Moomba Misstress
03-15-2003, 04:12 AM
I finally got the Venus Sigil a while ago, 295 bolts yay! Now I've got em all but Wakka's (still Blitzing) but everyone's doing 99,999 even all my aeons especially Sandy. She rules, no matter what attack it is it does 99,999 awesome. Lulu Yuna 99,999 it's great. Highly recommend getting everyone's weapons and everyone through the whole grid. Sad part is, I believe I killed Yu Yevon in one or 2 hits from Auron....it was pathetic.....(gets my vote for worst end boss) :fd:

Iceglow
05-15-2003, 09:49 AM
I did that and collected tons of hp and other such spheres and basically wiped the sphere grid and filled every hole with the sphere that would increase the points with one of the same type (believe me that was like hell to achieve) then activated it all with every character it raised every stat to maximum and hp to around 40000 base level combined with my customised armour for every character I was totally immune to status changes with a hp level of around 80,000 when I eventually decided to fight dark bahamut I survived the megaflare on around 1 hp (damm close busts out every healing item in the inventory and every spell) then I caused 99,999 damage per normal hit let alone on my limit breaks *muahhhaaahahahaahahahaha*(evil laugh echoes around the room) so I killed dark bahamut in around 2 rounds and suffered one ko (kimahri couldnt withstand the direct attack on him after the megaflare) so you could imagine my dismay to the fact that the final bosses were crap in comparrisson.

JJC8623
06-06-2003, 04:30 PM
100 times...HP Sphere(3)
150 times...Megalixir(4)
200 times...Venus Sigil

Ok, say Iwanted ALL of those treasures. Would I have to 535?! times? or if i do it 200 will all of those be there?

Iceglow
06-09-2003, 03:04 PM
hell no child they'll all be there after 200 bolts but if you dodge 535 at once I will offer you the greatest re-ward of... a chocobo smiley... and my respect for you are the most patient dedicated bored out of his tiny little mind person on the plannet (you seriously think anyone would've got it if the ammount was 535?):fd:

§håd0w
07-01-2003, 10:38 PM
have to stay in the same area, cant save, leave, or blink for even that mater. if u get struck 80 consecutive times you get 4 elixers. so go for it. but it easier for u to just make a custom weapon. 200 in a row gets u everything but the 4 elixers. and that should cover everything

Tidus
07-02-2003, 10:14 PM
it's %*&^%$@ impossible to dodge 200 consecutive bolts, especially without the noencounters ability.

Does anyone know an easy way to get the noecounters ability?

§håd0w
07-02-2003, 10:20 PM
this should cover it all. u MUST: stay in the same area, not save, not get struck.

100 times...HP Sphere(3)
150 times...Megalixir(4)
200 times...Venus Sigil

200, gets all of them for u. get struck 80 consecutive times for 4 elixers

robfinalfantasy
07-27-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryûkishi
I figured it out: if you save or enter the travel agency, the counter goes back to zero.HAHA. You found out the hard way like I did. :p The guys at SquareSoft are not going to give it up that easily.

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 01:15 AM
it resets if u leave the screen too.

Tidus
07-27-2003, 02:49 PM
i heard that u could save after every ten bolts

§håd0w
07-27-2003, 03:10 PM
uheard wrong bro

Radje
11-09-2003, 06:06 PM
On the walkthrough it mentions a Qactuar stone which you can stand next to so you don't jump back when doging. Anyone know which one it is? (Newbie to the sigil quests. Have Auron's and Yuna's, nearly got Wakka's)

§håd0w
11-09-2003, 10:59 PM
None in particular. There are quite a few places if you can get the angling just right, you won't move at all.

Phantom_Dream
12-23-2003, 02:27 PM
For the sake of getting one thing clear: Gay is cussing and Homo would be referringto homosexuals, I'd say. but I won't know about him. (Her?)

SEPHIR0TH
12-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Look on the map in the north part. Follow the path until you see that you are in the most narrow part of the north part. You should be in the middle of the tower with the roof around it and the one before it. Here the lightning will strike every 5-6 seconds.

Phantom_Dream
12-23-2003, 09:18 PM
-Notices his post ended up being a little way too late and sighs-

§håd0w
12-27-2003, 03:52 PM
For the sake of getting one thing clear: Gay is cussing and Homo would be referringto homosexuals, I'd say. but I won't know about him. (Her?)
What were you talking about anyway?

Cloud45
02-13-2004, 09:30 PM
i got 199 and i was pissed.then i got 186 so i gave up for a bit. i eventually got it but its been a while since i did it, i can't even get 9

xenapan
02-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Cloud45
i got 199 and i was pissed.then i got 186 so i gave up for a bit. i eventually got it but its been a while since i did it, i can't even get 9

dodging bolts is a matter of patience.. if you dont have it go beat up nemesios a few times then get the rest of the stuff to mod whatever you want on a break damage limit weapon.

§håd0w
02-16-2004, 09:24 PM
Yea, you can make weapons that are a hell of a lot better than the Celestial Weapons.

square_is_the_best
05-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Yea, you can make weapons that are a hell of a lot better than the Celestial Weapons.

*cough*Excalibur*cough*

To help you with the dodging lightning thing, turn the lights off and turn the volume UP. And if you can DON't keep count and DON't check how many you got in a row after you get hit.

Ki Ki
06-02-2004, 05:25 AM
I'm a bit late. But...can someone flash that pic of the three-strike zone again. The first link doesn't work.
I mean if anyone has a link to it or something. Thanx in advance.

Neone
06-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Okey, never heard about this "three strike" area. But I found a place where I got a lot of bolts. There's 2 smaller maps of the Thunder Plains.
One map BEFORE the inn, and one AFTER the inn. I was at the second map (after the inn). Get a peaceful shield or something and then just run untill you see a big hole in the ground. I ran around in that hole and dodged lights, and I ended up having the sigill pretty fast. Wasn't that hard. You'll get the timing after a few bolts and you'll get reflections of taping the X button the screen flashes.

Those who complains about this being hard must suck at dodging bolts, because I messed up a couple of times, ended up with dodging over 800 bolts. And I did that in less than 60-90 minutes. Put in 20-30 minutes for dodging the bolts. Then you're done.

I think Kimhari's sigill is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY harder to obain than this. This is like walking on sunshine compaired with Kimhari's sigill.

§håd0w
06-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Okey, never heard about this "three strike" area. But I found a place where I got a lot of bolts.

That contradicts itself. The place you found is a three bolt area. The 1,2,3 bolts just represent how often lightning strikes.

As for the map, I hope this helps
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v250/masamune1287/asd.jpg
And here are credits for it (whom I took it from)

======================================================
-Final Fantasy X- -Thunder Plains' guide- =
-By-: = KeRoChAn = kero_hikaru@hotmail.com =
-Final Version- = Last Updated: 21 July 2002 =

Neone
06-21-2004, 11:30 PM
According to the map I was at the double bolt location.

§håd0w
06-22-2004, 01:54 AM
Oh well, I've been at some places that aren't labeled on the map and managed to get 234 in about 30 minutes. Trick is not to concentrate too much, once you do, you'll get so anxious and screw up.

Ki Ki
06-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Thanx! ^_^

Lord Xehanort
08-26-2004, 08:38 PM
I've tried it near a Qactar Stone (single strike) and walked for about 45 min., got hit, went to the Travel Agency, saw that I'd only done 145!!!!! I then found a two-strike area... it's just sooo fast!

I just decided against bothering with it. I already have Rikku's, Tidus', Yuna's and Auron's. Tidus does 99,999 damage whenever he hits, and has Auto-Haste and Quick Hit and Blitz Ace. I'm trying to get there with the others, it's just taking me awhile. I only use those 4 characters.

I just don't think it's worth the hassle.

Yevonite
08-27-2004, 08:35 AM
Also if I may add. Turn off the sound, couse the sound of thunder can disorientate you while doing this kwest. You may do this in dark room, cause the lightning will be seen much better. The best place for this is just a little north of travel agency. The flash goes like this: flash-2sec-flash-5sec or so-flash-2sec-flash.....and so on. Try to get into the way of this pattern, and it will take aprx 30-35 minutes. Dont throw your controller if you screwd at 185 or so like i did it for the first time.

Weeble
09-08-2004, 06:30 PM
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, I couldn't be bothered to read all six pages, but has anyone got any tips on getting the No-Encounters abillity?

silverjunky
10-24-2004, 12:34 PM
hey okay in the thunder plains south there is a cactuar stone in a little enclave on the east side right next to a treasure chest if you position yourself next to the stone by the wall then when you get struck by lightning you can still dodge it but you wont jump about all over the place cause the walls in the way, i found that it may take a while but if you mute the music and just lie back and watch for lightning it works i did it after first coming to the plains and you dont get attacked either cause you dont move around. it took a while but it was easier than waiting until you have no encounters or anything, does this help?

Fantasy_Dragon
12-02-2004, 01:26 AM
It's one of those special items you need in order to perfect Lulu's legendary weapon, Onion Kid.You mean, Onion Knight?

BudSoda02
12-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Of course with codes i was able to create them with break damage limit & triple overdrive, but without I was able to create wepons with break damage limit & piercing, which enables even Lulu to take down those armored enemies. (I can't remember their names.) Those weapons, so either way were better than any of the ultimate weapons I got. Although I did have to work very hard to get the items necessary for that. You could try omega weapon's hideout. Although you can't find all of the neccesary items there.
Thanks-BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

tehSlippy
02-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I got 99x purifying salt in about 20 minutes. (It costs 80x to get no encounter!)

Just unlock 'Fafnir' in the Monster Arena, then talk to the old guy. He rewards you with 99x Purifying Salt

*Credits to CB! for this information*

Capture at least 4 of each monster from the dragon species. These
are:
Vouivre (Mi'ihen Highroad),
Lamashtu (Mushroom Rock Road),
Kusariqqu (Thunder Plains),
Mushussu (Sanubia Desert),
Nidhogg (Cavern of the Stolen Fayth or Mt. Gagazet)

§håd0w
02-04-2005, 01:55 AM
Um, try 30.

rubah
02-04-2005, 02:22 AM
You can get no encounter armor from ghosts in the sunken cave. Although that's on the lines of 'fighting battles so you dont' have to fight battles' but still.

§håd0w
02-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Only real reason for having it is so you can make the Cactuar Sidequest much easier.

tehSlippy
02-05-2005, 02:50 AM
And the Thunder Plains, as well...while not having no encounters for the Cactuar quest is much more annoying than not having it for the lightning dodging quest.

And yes, sorry about the mistake, it is 30 purifying salt, not 80, for no encounter.

Thanks, Shadow.

Skyblade
02-28-2005, 06:04 AM
Of course with codes i was able to create them with break damage limit & triple overdrive, but without I was able to create wepons with break damage limit & piercing, which enables even Lulu to take down those armored enemies. (I can't remember their names.) Those weapons, so either way were better than any of the ultimate weapons I got. Although I did have to work very hard to get the items necessary for that. You could try omega weapon's hideout. Although you can't find all of the neccesary items there.
Thanks-BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Creating awesome weapons is easy even without codes. Just look at the weapons you get from the Monster Arena. The One-Eye (I think that's it's name. The species mastery of Eyeballs anyway) drops Triple AP weapons (Though I've yet to find one with three extra ability slots. Two seems to be the max for these items). Combine with easy Winning Formulae by Bribing Sand Worms (Bribe 2 and you'll have enough for a Triple Overdrive), and Dark Matter from any of the special critters, and you get a Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Triple AP weapon! The perfect weapon for training. Of course, if you prefer, you can just take a weapon with four empty slots and modify it however you like. Evade and Counter, Triple Overdrive, One MP cost, MP Booster. The items for all of these (and much, much more) can be gotten with very little work (though it might cost some Gil. But who needs Gil anyway?) in the Monster Arena. (Personally, I think the second most helpful weapon I've made so far is a Taming Sword with Break Damage Limit. It makes capturing high HP creatures so much easier. But the Triple AP/Overdrive and Break Damage weapons that are extremely easy to get are a godsend when it comes to training characters, IMHO)

BTW, does anyone have any advice on getting Khimari's Sigil? It's the only one I have left, but that butterfly game is annoying as hell.

Oh, and you don't need No Encounters to do the Lightning Bolt Dodging minigame. Just don't move. Stand in one spot, wait for the screen to flash, press "X", rinse and repeat.

(Also, has anyone tried crafting a weapon identical to the Legendary Weapons? IE: Make a Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Evade and Counter, and Magic Counter weapon for Tidus? I'm curious as to what the weapon's name would be.)

silent_ultima
03-02-2005, 10:59 AM
where is this 3 strike and double strike zone?
somehow i can't see the map..
and the 1st link doesnt work..

Angelroo
03-07-2005, 12:01 AM
the 3 strike zone is in the northernmost screen in the thunder plains, right above the travel agency, but not in the same screen as the travel agency.

I just finished dodging bolts, but i screwed up. I GOT 196 friggin bolts! AAARGH BLAHH BLEEP :mad2: :shame: grrr that was like my 8th try

sniff...

The Sixth Dragon
03-07-2005, 09:55 PM
What is the point in wasting 30 minutes dogging pretend thunder bolts and getting a sigil for one of the worst characters. I just let yuna learn doublecast and Black magic.

ThundagAuron
03-07-2005, 11:08 PM
You're all ignoring Yevonites comment. "Turn off the sound". I knew about it for quite a while, so I just checked every post. Turning off the sound and then going to the 3 strike area makes it quick and painless. You'll see the screen turn white for about 1/2 a second, that's when to press X. I did this task so quick that way, I hope this helps.

Giga Guess
03-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Creating awesome weapons is easy even without codes. Just look at the weapons you get from the Monster Arena. The One-Eye (I think that's it's name. The species mastery of Eyeballs anyway) drops Triple AP weapons (Though I've yet to find one with three extra ability slots. Two seems to be the max for these items). Combine with easy Winning Formulae by Bribing Sand Worms (Bribe 2 and you'll have enough for a Triple Overdrive), and Dark Matter from any of the special critters, and you get a Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Triple AP weapon! The perfect weapon for training. Of course, if you prefer, you can just take a weapon with four empty slots and modify it however you like. Evade and Counter, Triple Overdrive, One MP cost, MP Booster. The items for all of these (and much, much more) can be gotten with very little work (though it might cost some Gil. But who needs Gil anyway?) in the Monster Arena. (Personally, I think the second most helpful weapon I've made so far is a Taming Sword with Break Damage Limit. It makes capturing high HP creatures so much easier. But the Triple AP/Overdrive and Break Damage weapons that are extremely easy to get are a godsend when it comes to training characters, IMHO)

BTW, does anyone have any advice on getting Khimari's Sigil? It's the only one I have left, but that butterfly game is annoying as hell.

Oh, and you don't need No Encounters to do the Lightning Bolt Dodging minigame. Just don't move. Stand in one spot, wait for the screen to flash, press "X", rinse and repeat.

(Also, has anyone tried crafting a weapon identical to the Legendary Weapons? IE: Make a Break Damage Limit, Triple Overdrive, Evade and Counter, and Magic Counter weapon for Tidus? I'm curious as to what the weapon's name would be.)

Still Excalibur, I think.

little devil
03-11-2005, 10:05 PM
!u must be mad 2 try & dodge 200 bolts!
!!!!!that would take forever!!!!

Angelroo
03-19-2005, 04:40 PM
I did it yay!!! venus sigil buahaha

henryb218
04-03-2005, 01:46 AM
this is not so hard, i dodge 220 bolts the first time i tried...... whats up with you people?? its a piece of cake.

rubah
04-13-2005, 01:57 AM
It's not a piece of cake. you just have to have the right atmosphere.

I finally got it:D

There was a thunderstorm yesterday, and I was like 'hey, I should go to the Thunder Plains. Thunder, thunder, right? :D'

So my dad was in there to distract me and keep me from psyching myself out and I dodged 100 in a row, then dodged another 100 and a few more and got the suckerXD

I still have my doubts about being able to do chocobo racing.

nirojan
04-13-2005, 02:00 AM
:) :D :p :D It took me like a year to do it but i DID IT!!!!!

YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

bboy12320
04-27-2005, 12:20 AM
all of you must not be very good at this game ok i found a perfect spot and doged them all on my first try wow it was easy took me bout half an hour the rythm was 2 fast then 1........1 then 2 fast then 1.....1 no problem

Gwelenguchenkus
05-02-2005, 02:29 AM
Dodging lightning bolts was certainly annoying, but wouldn't you say that the butterfly catching and the chocobo race were much harder? I had the timing wrong on the butterfly catching, that one took me SOO long. :(

All I do is stand near the beginning of the second screen in the thunder plains, and there is a spot where lightning comes down like crazy. Sometimes I lose my concentration and start missing even though I thought it was 'easy'. Once I got used to it it went by really easily. It definitely helps that you can PAUSE after a lightning bolt and take a little break to regain some consciousness.

rubah
05-02-2005, 02:42 AM
the butterfly catching one is just memory:)

"in front of that butterfly, behind those two, right smack daub in the middle of all that mess right there."

Croyles
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM
i managed to do it, wasnt too hard actually.theres a natural rythm with it, just need to stay awake.

its not a mattar of skill, its a matter of perseverance.

BlackRibon
05-10-2005, 05:57 PM
the first time i tried i got about 150 but i did on my second try

*iloveme06*
05-29-2005, 06:29 PM
The butterfly one, all you've got to do, is remember where you find that chest. . . stay near that area, and you'll do fine. At least, I did. The chocobo race took me FOREVER!! The one where you race the trainer? I did soooo horrible!! (Those darn birds...)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Did any of you manage to get the 50 Teleport Speres for opening all the chests in the Omega Cave place?

If no one knows what im talking about then go search game faqs or somewhare for teleport spheres or for Omega ruins/cave side quests.

P.S. I got the 50 Teleport Spheres on like my 4th try.

Also, the lightning is soo intimidating i havnt tried it yet. then my save got deleated... :cry:

§håd0w
06-02-2005, 12:40 AM
Can't you also get Master Spheres from that quest as well?

Swordsman
06-04-2005, 05:14 AM
I think the best place to dodge lighting is just the north exit to the next screen from the travel agency.. this minigame is pretty easy compared to the chocobo racing and butterfly mini game.

pixie_demon
06-20-2005, 04:07 AM
my god

i found the butterfly game really easy. i did it on like my 2nd or 3rd try

but the thunder plains were brutal.... you just have to get totally ZEN... clear your mind of whimsy. it works trust me. the chocobo racing was a total pain in the @$$ as well.

stoopid damn birds and stupid trainer that cheats :mad:

cloudrox619
06-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Dodging lightning gets really easy once you get into a rythm. I just stood in one place, dodged a bolt, then stepped forward. Chocobo racing is hard, you just have to hope the ballons start in your favor. Butterflies...dont even wanna try that.

BlazeLord
06-28-2005, 12:32 AM
Dodging lightning gets really easy once you get into a rythm. I just stood in one place, dodged a bolt, then stepped forward. Chocobo racing is hard, you just have to hope the ballons start in your favor. Butterflies...dont even wanna try that.

I'll take your advice................for dodging lighting.

hockeydude
07-05-2005, 11:04 PM
most iv gotten for the dodging lightning has been 45 :) i have only tried 3 times though. the chocobo race wasnt all that hard though. i beat it after 45mins. all you really have to do is know how to control the little dude. and get atleast 15-16 ballons.

Alyster
07-11-2005, 12:53 AM
i think it does reset

EL337
07-24-2005, 08:04 AM
i found that the choccobo quest was much easier, i did it in under 15 minutes.... but the thunder one.... i was up to 138 when i stuffed up. >.<

G SpOtZ
08-03-2005, 09:24 AM
Butterflies = hate em, tried once, failed, walked away and never looked back.

chocobo = i thought the racing was fun until it just got unfair at times and i got really frustrated but i finally did it, and after that time i beat the trainer, i beat her even faster every other time. hooray for me :D

thunder = tried it a bunch of times. failed each time. either i got hit after a lot of dodges, or i just got impatient. or maybe i have some kind of ADD that just happens to kick in. i dunno but i just kind of decided that i have better things to do lol

Aerolithe
08-06-2005, 04:36 AM
Honestly, I just gave up on Lulu... With Yuna's 1 MP cost, Flare (and now Ultima) and Doublecast, I stopped using Lulu altogether... as well as Khimari.

Fireblade13
08-30-2005, 09:04 PM
I just started trying this last night (after it took 2 hours in the Omega Ruins to get No Encounter equipment for someone). I got to 46 in a row, but then I guess I would doze off and get struck. I guess that's what happens when playing at 2am. :P

I've already got Yuna's and Rikku's weapons powered up, Lulu's will probably be next. Then maybe Tidus. Auron's seems kinda hard to get, Kimahri and the butterflies is just insane, and blitzball? Oy my team sucks. >_<
I got no encounter before the via purifico if I remember correctly.

Kalmaegnar
10-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I've finished the game today, nearly cried :(

I got to 188 thunderbolts and messed up,and without non encounter armour which meant an encounter every 6 or 7 thunderbolts. But now I dodge 20 or 30 and when I go tothe agency there is no chest, ????
Auron is the easiest one to get really you just find the rusty sword and the crest and then for the sigil you just haunt for a while fiends that get overkilled if you so much as blow at them.

rikkupainegoofydonald
12-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Venus Sigil? It's 200 times harder for me to get that sigil, now I cannot get Venus Sigil anymore because that is super duper hyper mega hard! :( :cry:

fushibai99
12-20-2005, 01:49 PM
I cant even do more than 5

fushibai99
12-21-2005, 02:00 AM
IF YOU SAVE,GET HIT,LEAVE IT WILL RESTART

Psydekick
12-22-2005, 05:17 PM
you mean you didn't know

Rattler
12-23-2005, 09:19 PM
I see people achieving this...Then I want to cry.

Who wants to come to Toronto and do this for me?
I cant get passed 9

Psydekick
12-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Not me

lady yunalesca
01-02-2006, 03:41 PM
THERE IS A CHEAT TO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i tried it however and it didnt work!!!! anyone else had any luck with trying the easy option to get the damn Sigil, i always got struck at jump 199 or something!!!!

Please if there is one tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0

Psydekick
01-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Final Fantasy does not have cheat codes so i'm not sure what your on about.:)

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
01-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Go to the three bolt area (just north of Rin's) at nightime in dim light... it makes it easy to see everything and just try... its really not that hard... make sure you focus and take breaks and drink and put visine in your eyes every 50 bolts or so... it only took me about 30 minutes.

Psydekick
01-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Wow you did it in 30 mins you are a pro gamer but I just can't be stuffed to try it at the moment cause I'm just awful at dodging lightning.:)

lady yunalesca
01-10-2006, 11:06 PM
no, not a cheat code, a system of entering the thunder plains from rins agency and doging a few before going back, its a way to cheat the system.................apparently!!!! but had no luck trying it!!! :(

Psydekick
01-11-2006, 03:45 PM
Oh I see:)

Sanji
02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
DODGE 200 BOLTS IN A ROW FOR LULUS WEAPON? ARE YOU SICK! Has anyone done this? It must take like 2 hours

er... I did it... yes I'm sick lolololololol u take over 20 min... its quite hard but its possible ;)

blackraven19
02-08-2006, 08:16 PM
how can anyone think it hard to get the saturn thing? i didnt even know i had it until tonight! (dunno if it was crest or sigil) point is: its damn easy!

Psydekick
02-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Youre talking about the crest Blackraven19

blackraven19
02-09-2006, 08:46 PM
ok sorry and i realized that in german everything is different (such as the people need different planet crests and sigils)

Psydekick
02-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Okay:confused:

Tanith
02-15-2006, 09:29 AM
I remember opening the treasure chest once, and it gave me an ether.

Haha what an anti-climax! I would've been throwing the controller at the screen. "ETHER!?!?! I'LL SHOW YOU ETHER!"

Seth Keidashi
02-19-2006, 04:47 AM
I've got all but two sigils, Kimahri's and Wakkas. Working on wakkas as we speak.. Anyway. Some helpful hints for getting the thunder plains sigil..
Don't move. If your moving, you could throw off your timing. If you start to feel nervous. Pause the game, spend some time doing something until you feel better, then go back. Do the same if your eyes or hands get irritated. I lost my record three times by forgetting to pause while scratching my hand. Also, try to do it during a time when your most alert. Weither that be right when you get up, or at midnight. Also, try to get a no encounters armour. 30 purifying salts allow you to customize it into an armour, or i believe a certain monster in the desert drops them. (Don't quote me on that, i'm not 100% sure.) If worse comes to worse, get a friend with good reflexes to help you out.

Zeromus_X
02-26-2006, 06:50 AM
This may be a stupid question, but could you save, and reload in the Thunder Plains and keep your score? Or would it reset how many you've dodged consecutively? :cat: :confused:

Psydekick
03-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Errr no you can't that has already been writen the opening page of the thread and constantly throughout this thread

kaoru_kaidoh102
03-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Hello.. I am a newbie here....

I just beat that challenge this evening. And it's sure an easy challenge, compared when I tried to do it yesterday.. [I don't know what happened to me today.. =p]

I did it on the screen after Rin's Travel Agency, it's the field after the path from TA. And it's EXTREMELY easy to dodge lightning strikes there... Those are some advices from me....

By the way, why did I get Mars Sigil?? It appeared to be Venus Sigil, correct??

Sorry for my bad grammars.. I just learned English, though....

Dell
03-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Haha what an anti-climax! I would've been throwing the controller at the screen. "ETHER!?!?! I'LL SHOW YOU ETHER!"

Never thought I found someone same as me...

Right now, I'm doing dodging lightning for Lulu's sigil and somehow, on tournament to get Auroch Reels.

Night_Blade
04-21-2006, 04:31 PM
i gave up. i heard you can save and it should keepyour score but i'm not so sure.

Dell
04-21-2006, 04:38 PM
I've got Celestial Weapon fully powered up and it's worth the effort, I beat Sin in two hit and all my character really become strong.

If you all don't want to do this stuff, you'll be missing something for your cute Shiva!

Night_Blade, your score will reset if you save the game in the process.
kaoru_kaidoh102, International change Sigil and Crest:
Tidus: Sun
Yuna: Moon
Auron: Saturn
Wakka: Mercury
Rikku: Venus
Lulu: Mars
Kimahri: Jupiter

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 01:14 PM
It's one of those special items you need in order to perfect Lulu's legendary weapon, Onion Kid.
it's ONION KNIGHT...hahaha...

Dell
05-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Onion Knight is from FFIII, it was called Onion Kid.

FadedDreams
06-08-2006, 07:15 PM
lmao yall are hilarious, i personally havent tried it yet with the lightning.... in fact i havent tried ANYTHING BECAUSE MY DAMN BROTHER SOLD MY PS2 TWO AND A HALF YEARS AGO SO I HAVE TO BUY THE NEW ONE COMIN OUT IN NOVEMBER!!!! *sigh* well *cheesy smile* arent we all jus one big happy family? lol jp ANYways i remember way back wheni was in the thunder plains, i was really bad at dodging lightning bolts ugh... and OMG the butterfly thing with kimahri and all that.... i wont even go there its so frickin impossible.

Psydekick
06-14-2006, 08:07 AM
I agree the butterfly thing was hard, but i reckon lightning is harder

Dell
06-14-2006, 03:46 PM
I think Butterfly Catching is harder because it take me two weeks.
I get Venus Sigil in two days.

Nah, All of them are frickingly hard!

Hambone
06-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Not the moon sigil.

Dell
06-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Not the Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Mars sigil

This is perfect.

jaxun
06-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Even if u did get the venus sigil does any of u people think that lulu is that powerful???

i mean the overdrive of lulu "FURY" is not so powerful? anyway no offense but thats my opinion

*Lady luck*
06-30-2006, 03:36 AM
from easiest to hardest:

1. yuna's moon sigil - very easy, like random battles
2. rikku's mecury sigil - again easy, just a lot of walking around
3. auron's mars sigil - i just did his while completing other side quests. but im sure alone it would get old.
4. lulu's venus sigil - surprisingly i only messed up once at 50 so i wasnt working on it for very long. after i doged 25 bolts i would pause for a minute before continuing.
5. wakka's jupiter sigil - its not that winning blitzball games is hard, but after i hit 30 games i was pretty much finished with it.
6. tidus's sun sigil - 2 hours. i could have ripped out my hair! i guess i am just bad at this one. if i ever started a new game i would never try for it again. it just stressed me out way too much.

(i havent tried for kimahris saturn sigil yet. but i memorize things pretty easily so i dont think i will have too much trouble getting it)

its not that obtaning these weapons are extremely difficult, but it was just very time consuming (for me at least) although im still glad i put forth the effort to upgrade their legendary weapons becuase i think it is worth it in the end.

Dell
06-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Here's mine:
From easiest to hardest:

1. Yuna: Moon Sigil: Easy if your Yuna's stat is good. Requires Anima and Magus Sisters, PAL player becareful! Strategy is needed if you're too weak.
2. Auron: Mars Sigil: Totally easy when you're doing Monster Arena sidequest. But some are frustrating.
3. Rikku: Mercury Sigil: Three things needed: 1. Patience to walk again and again. 2. FAQ to make things easier. 3. No Encounter to support your life from boringness.
4. Wakka: Jupiter Sigil: Definitely hard if you think Blitzball sucks and totally hard if you're never get too good in it. I never have problem in this except the BORINGNESS of playing all of this for like 4 hours!
5. Lulu: Venus Sigil: Reflexes are important in this part. IF your reflexes is good, try three-bolts area, IF your reflexes is bad, try one-bolt area. Once again, patience!
6. Tidus: Sun Sigil: Depends on luck. IF you can grab all of the balloon in the first course of the race, that's fine but the second and the third part are nasty, birds attack! And balance is important!
7. Kimahri: Saturn Sigil: Even if you know the track, you still need speed, Tidus's running is crapper than Yuna in X-2. And mistakes aren't avoidable....sometimes.

Psydekick
07-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Did you find wakka's sigil hard:eek:

*Lady luck*
07-01-2006, 11:09 PM
well i dont think its actually difficult winning the matches but it does suck having to play 40+ games. the hard part was getting myself to play

Dell
07-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Wakka's sigil isn't really hard but the BORINGNESS! That's a true violence.....

And there are people who can't be bothered to lose in order to win. And there are people who don't want to replay just because of Jecht Shot.

01 Rin
07-06-2006, 10:25 PM
http://home.san.rr.com/circe/ultimania_thunder.jpg

The places with three lightning bolts are the three-strike zones. The right map is the north area of the plain, and the left map is the south area. I used the northern most three-strike zone on the northern area.
I deeply apologize for saying this: the Three-Strike Area, where is it?

I'm apologizing because I read the 1st page containing a couple maps for the answer I request but it was not available to my computer. I also did not want to read the next 8 pages because that'd take a long time. I want to apologize again since I posted a few moments ago saying that people should read before they post. I did not *shamed* I'm sorry.

But for those forgiving people: May you please send [or post] a map to where these Three Strike Areas are in the Thunder Plains?

jaxun
07-06-2006, 11:50 PM
From Easiest to Hardest:

Moon sigil - Yuna
Mars sigil - Auron
Mercury sigil - Rikku
Jupiter sigil - Wakka
Saturn sigil - Kimahri
Sun sigil - Tidus (Damn is took me about 30+ tries in my first game with this!!!!)
Venus sigil - Lulu (Where is that damned three strike area!!!)

01 Rin
07-09-2006, 02:41 PM
you tell me.

ultima_cloud
07-23-2006, 08:30 PM
yeh , for example if you go to the inn after like 132 to see how many you have done then it resets...omg i cant believe that you only got 8..lol

Aurongel
07-31-2006, 12:25 AM
I found dodging the lightning bolts very easy, for one reason, in the first lightning zone, there should be a huge body of water, much like a lake. I found this suspicious looking crater so I walked over to it, and BAAAAAAM!!! a bolt of lightning shot down that i dodged, I walked over to it again, and BAAAAAAAM!!! dodged another, as soon as Tidus jumped back from the second, immediately I was hit with another, about a half second after, then again, and again, and again. I got the venus sigil without much skill, I thanked god for my discovery and continued hunting Sigils... :)

Aurongel
07-31-2006, 12:34 AM
P.S. I have a funny story about those Sigils. Okay, it's a warm summer day, and my friend Zack call me over, and when I get to his house, he said "Hey Marc (that's me), how do you get the Sun Sigil"?. So I explained all about the chocobo race challenge, so he took me to his room to do it, as I walked in his room, I saw a tall man sitting on his bed, This guy turned out to be my friends cousain, who got kicked out of the army for his anger issues (this should give you a hint as to whats aout to happed). His cousain began the challenge, and was quickly overtaken by all the birds, and balloons, on his 3rd try, he did awesome he dodged all the birds, and got ALL of the balloons, then as he turned the corner, to the final stretch, he got nailed by 5 birds IN A ROW, giving him no chance to get out of the way. his cousain stood up and said "DAMN YOU CHOCOBOS!!! I WILL SET THE CALM LANDS A FLAME!!!) HE THEN TOOK THE CONTROLLER AND TWISTED THE POOR THING IN HALF, BOLTS WERE FLYING EVERYWHERE, AND SPARKS WERE SHOOTING OUT OF THE PS2 DISC DRIVE, THE SCREEN FROZE, AND THE FURIOUS ARMY KID STOMPED OUT OF THE ROOM, AFTER ABOUT A MINUTE OF SILENCE, MY FRIEND STARTED CRYING

*Lady luck*
08-13-2006, 12:59 PM
haha that's hilarious

Master Vivi
08-16-2006, 05:27 AM
OMGGAKHFLKAJE i just finished dodging 200 bolts in like 20 minutes =]

this guides from gamefaq helped me and if you guys are wondering where the 3 strike bolt look at the bottom of this =]

i hope this helps you guys too im super happy!

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_thunder_plains.txt

G SpOtZ
08-23-2006, 06:43 AM
I found dodging the lightning bolts very easy, for one reason, in the first lightning zone, there should be a huge body of water, much like a lake. I found this suspicious looking crater so I walked over to it, and BAAAAAAM!!! a bolt of lightning shot down that i dodged, I walked over to it again, and BAAAAAAAM!!! dodged another, as soon as Tidus jumped back from the second, immediately I was hit with another, about a half second after, then again, and again, and again. I got the venus sigil without much skill, I thanked god for my discovery and continued hunting Sigils... :)
Darkkefka, a member of Youtube.com, totally got this before you did. There's even a video on it, and this is the "cheat" that I used.