PDA

View Full Version : The Wii out

Hollycat
03-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Post reveiws of games for the Wii, and your recommendations as to whether that game should be bought, rented, or avoided. Decisions will be placed up here. I have a few to start out with which I will post the reveiws of later.
All you get for this is brownie points and the satisfaction that you have helped prevent gamers from regretting their purchaces. * games are must plays. Please tell us where you bought the game and for how much.

Buy:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl- action
New Super Mario bros. Wii- platformer
Secret Files 2- Point and Click

Rent:
Trauma Center- surgery

Avoid at all costs:
Cursed Mountain

Timekeeper
03-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Buy:
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Platformer. Great fun playing with a bunch of friends, nerds or not :p

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis - Point and Click Adventure. If you like point and click adventures, and you want to see one work in 3D, I recommend this. It can be a little odd at times, but I think it's worth buying and playing.

Rent:
Trauma Center: New Blood - Surgeon Game. While performing surgery, this game is quiet fun, and can be rather intense at times. When out of surgery, the game plays out like a hospital drama that is actually interesting. Very entertaining, though most people would probably play through it fast enough for it to be a rental.

Avoid at all costs:
Cursed Mountain - Survival Horror? The story wasn't overly interesting or engaging, and the game mechanics weren't great. Games like this should be so frightening/interesting that you have to, and really want to continue. I didn't really care about it...

I might write more later when I'm at home...

KentaRawr!
03-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Buy - Sin and Punishment 2 - It's not a bullet hell game. It's bullet heaven.

Castle of Shikigami 3 - This is bullet hell, though.

Rent - Metroid Other M - Very short and linear. :3 But fun!

Avoid at all costs - I can't remember its name... I've managed to block it from my memory.

Levian
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Buy:
New Super Mario Bros. Endless fun for 4 players. B) I haven't even finished the game after over a year because I just have to get all the gold coins

Zack & Wiki.
The game is rather short per definition, but if you don't know what to do it will last for a good long time. The best part is definitely the feeling of accomplishment when you've figured out the best way to finish a level. I wish people would make more games like this. It reminds of a Zelda game, except without the action but with (mostly) much smarter puzzles.

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Challenging two player game! Probably not as fun if you're playing alone.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
No need to go to the arcade anymore

Rent:
Epic Mickey - This game got boring really fast, I think I've just played too many of these kinds of games.

Avoid at all costs:
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles. Seriously, what's up with the camera? Everything moves too fast and just frustrates me when I'm constantly stuck with the feeling that I've missed out on things.

qwertysaur
03-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Buy:

Dokapon Kingdom. You can also get it for the PS2 and it is a lot of fun if you can get some friends to play with you. It's a board game like Mario party mixed with a lite version of D&D, Atlus style. You can beat up your friends and steal their stuff to get ahead, or do fun pranks like change their name or give them an embarrassing new haircut. :bigsmile:

Hollycat
03-28-2011, 09:24 PM
will update top post tommorow