PDA

View Full Version : GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME!!!!!!

MJN SEIFER
03-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Has anyone checked this guy (http://www.youtube.com/user/HCBailly) out yet? I've always found Let's Play chanels to be cool if they do it correctly (i.e. be entertaining themselves, and don't skip scenes), but I really like how these ones are done. His narrations are a both helpful, and interesting to listen too, and he manages to keep a decent balance between talking about the game, and just talking about stuff, and he manages to keep it interesting pretty much all the way through.

I first found his videos while searching for videos about Final Fantasy VII's Ancient Forrest, as that was one of the few things in the game I never really completed, and I enjoyed watching that "Episode" I ended up watching his entire Final Fantasy VII playthrough, and I have seen the whole thing several times, and will one day do so again, I am almost finished with his Final Fantasy VI playthrough and after that's done, I am thinking of watching either Final Fantasy II or Final Fantasy IV. He does non FF games as well, for example he did a nice Link's Awakening Let's Play.

I also like the "themes" that have appeared in his Let's Playes, such as the one in my title, the moments where he says "if only the was a [something that actually exists]" and of course the exuberant way he introduces the games - I especially liked the way he said "Welcome back to; Let's Play FINAL - FANTASY - SEVEN!!! he does this for all the games, but hearing "seven" pronounced "Seh-vehn" in an excited voices just made it extra fun for me.

Jessweeee♪
03-30-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't like video LPs very much. I much prefer the screenshot format! My favorites are mostly on lparchive.org ('cause I'm not a SA member). My favorites on that website are of Oregon Trail, Sim City, various Pokemon titles, and Persona 3. And thank you for making this thread because now I've gone back and stumbled upon a Persona 4 LP that looks promising!

TrollHunter
03-30-2011, 11:00 PM
i personally like moogleftw
YouTube - Lets Play Oblivion Part 1 - The Living Legend! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FyxA9YmPHA)
He's quite amusing

Rostum
03-31-2011, 01:31 AM
I don't mind HCBailly, but his voice can be really annoying sometimes. I really loved Lucahjin's LP of Chrono Cross, though some times her decisions in battle were annoying.

Edit: In fact, I tried listening to a HCBailly LP and my fucking god his voice is grating. I don't know how anyone can seriously listen through it.