PDA

View Full Version : Mustadio

Marky Tee
03-31-2011, 10:31 AM
what is a good learning path to send Mustadio down? i want to stick to story characters but just can't think of what job classes would suit him?
any help?

VeloZer0
03-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Engineer is your best bet, the stats on it are quite good. I usualy go one of the following:

Tweak for speed
Equip all the +speed crap on him you can regardless of HP and then equip him with Throw Item. Items get outclassed by White Magic at the middle of the game, but I find that by the end game the instant cast of Items makes up ground as all the characters get faster. That and the rest of your uber party probably don't have any healing abilities equipped

Tweak for damage
You will never succeeded at this unless you get your mits on a magic gun. Damage for a magic gun is based on MA and Faith. You can raise faith with a mediator (pain in the ass) but make sure you NEVER go above 94 faith on any character or they will leave your party permanently, forever. (94 permanent faith not 'in battle' faith, but that is a whole other issue). After that just try and equip items that increase MA to boos the guns damage. I've never set him up as a Black Mage with Equip Gun, but in theory that should provide some devastating damage. (Equipping all the +2MA items). If you have more than one guns you might want to equip 'Equipment Change' so you can take advantage of elemental weaknesses, but I probably wouldn't.

With a MA of 20 and a Faith of 94 he will do 118-200 damage with the regular (60%) attack. (:eek: With a MA of 25 and a 'critical hit' he can do over 400 damage to an opponent with a Faith of 70. I never thought of him as doing that much damage)

Roogle
03-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Most of the special characters work best at the unique job class that they are given upon joining your party. Mustadio works well against undead creatures with Seal Evil, surprisingly.

Tweak for speed
Equip all the +speed crap on him you can regardless of HP and then equip him with Throw Item. Items get outclassed by White Magic at the middle of the game, but I find that by the end game the instant cast of Items makes up ground as all the characters get faster. That and the rest of your uber party probably don't have any healing abilities equipped

Mustadio has a little bit of innate synergy with the Chemist class as both Engineer and Chemist can freely equip guns without having to equip a support ability. I used Mustadio as a Chemist for awhile until he mastered the class as it allowed him to keep his role in battle without changing anything significantly.

BG-57
04-01-2011, 03:27 AM
Also bear in mind that his Snipe skillset works with any weapon, but obviously ranged weapons suits him better. So he can train as an Archer or Mediator without sacrificing range. Another benefit of Mediator is the Equip Gun skill. But once he's mastered all his jobs I almost never have him as anything other than an Engineer or Chemist.

Greatermaximus
07-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Good advice by posters in this thread. Though in my experience he's only as strong as you make him. In a balanced situation the stronger real player should be victorious.

Spoiler.
The game stops around level 50-60. Unless you're fighting monsters at level 99. Without math skill and tweaks, draw out, blade grasp, and magic defend up work well for me.

Mustadio can't equip perfume and needs to be a knight to equip Excalibur. He was only good for standing back and calculating.