PDA

View Full Version : Bastards

Shoeberto
04-02-2011, 05:17 AM
How do you feel about having children out of wedlock? I think it's okay in this modern day. I think epople turn out how they're gonna turn out regardless of their situation growing up. Some people are just naturally pieces of :bou::bou::bou::bou: (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/549.html) and others are naturally smurfing beautiful works of pristine artwork like a Da Vinci or some :bou::bou::bou::bou: (http://forums.eyesonff.com/members/188.html), discuss

Peegee
04-02-2011, 05:19 AM
I actually intend to produce a child out of wedlock on purpose. The idea that bastard children are even socially meaningful should be virtually out of our system by today's standards.

that and single parents. Seriously I don't know many nuclear families and the ones I do know, we've already talked to each other about how rare a sight we are.

Bunny
04-02-2011, 05:47 AM
I'm fine with it as long as the naming convention is neat.

I want to be a Snow.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-02-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm a bastard!

Jiro
04-02-2011, 07:35 AM
I was almost. I think my uber-religious (fuck your ulmats or w/e they're called) grandmother had a part in that.

qwertysaur
04-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Ü = Alt + 154 on number pad. :p

NorthernChaosGod
04-02-2011, 08:44 AM

I want to be a Snow.

I don't believe you're from Winterfell.

Jiro
04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Thank you alt master qwerty!

G13
04-02-2011, 12:51 PM

I want to be a Snow.

stfu nerds.

Remon
04-02-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't think it's a good idea. It'll ruin the life of the mother :stare:

kotora
04-02-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't see what the big deal is that we have to invent a special label for them

Madame Adequate
04-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm one and you all know how awesome I am

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't think it's a good idea. It'll ruin the life of the mother :stare:

But you always know the mother of the child!

Peegee
04-02-2011, 06:18 PM
I don't see what the big deal is that we have to invent a special label for them

because the word predates your skinny asian pokemon.

Jessweeee♪
04-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I think it's okay as long as they are capable of caring for the child. Money doesn't necessarily have to be an issue either as long as the parents are determined enough. My parents were high school drop-outs and 20 years old when I surprised them, but they did everything they had to and I had a good childhood. In fact it's possible my dad was still married to his first wife and an alcoholic on top of that. If I were my mom I would have been like "wtf no I am aborting this thing nooo way" but she doesn't even approve of the morning after pill, so here I am. Everything turned out okay in the end.

NorthernChaosGod
04-02-2011, 10:04 PM

I want to be a Snow.

stfu nerds.

Okay, Boba.

Bunny
04-02-2011, 10:40 PM

I want to be a Snow.

I want to be. Not I am. Do they not teach reading comprehension at your college? I wouldn't be surprised, California isn't know for its top notch education.

Also I am a bastard.

rubah
04-02-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm a bastard but my parents are marries

LOLSIXTEENTHCENTURYRELIGIOUSVALUES

NorthernChaosGod
04-03-2011, 12:28 AM

I want to be a Snow.

I want to be. Not I am. Do they not teach reading comprehension at your college? I wouldn't be surprised, California isn't know for its top notch education.

Also I am a bastard.

Well you can't be one, so suck on that.

Point: me.

G13
04-03-2011, 12:42 AM
:eyebrow:

Julian are you only trying to increase your post count?

qwertysaur
04-03-2011, 01:01 AM

If he is then that can be a symptom of something quite serious.

Or just boredom, in which case he should play more video games. :p

Jiro
04-03-2011, 03:10 AM
I'm only trying to increase my post count. Somehow NCG has a bigger one than me. I blame the picture threads.

Shlup
04-03-2011, 03:17 AM
I couldn't care less about marital state. It's having children out of financial ability to care for them that's immoral.

NorthernChaosGod
04-03-2011, 03:53 AM

Yes. :colbert:

Raistlin
04-03-2011, 04:06 AM
I consider marriage to be meaningless to begin with, so I certainly don't care if people have kids outside of it. In fact, I think more people should have kids without getting married so we could figure out some better way of naming children, instead of wife and kids taking the father's name -- a vestigial of a primitive and disgusting time when women and children were property of Man.

And before anyone says it, hyphenation is ridiculous. Personally, I think people should just make up a cool last name for their kids and forget useless middle names entirely. This would dramatically increase the variation and awesomeness of last names.

Jiro
04-03-2011, 04:10 AM
Yes but that's investing even more power in the hands of people who like to name their kids Apple and Pilot Inspektor and Adolf Hitler etc.

G13
04-03-2011, 04:14 AM
I just recently heard of some famous dude naming his kids Moon Unit Zappa and Dweezil Zappa.

NorthernChaosGod
04-03-2011, 04:24 AM
I consider marriage to be meaningless to begin with, so I certainly don't care if people have kids outside of it. In fact, I think more people should have kids without getting married so we could figure out some better way of naming children, instead of wife and kids taking the father's name -- a vestigial of a primitive and disgusting time when women and children were property of Man.

And before anyone says it, hyphenation is ridiculous. Personally, I think people should just make up a cool last name for their kids and forget useless middle names entirely. This would dramatically increase the variation and awesomeness of last names.

I'm also for this; it will make it easier for future generations to know which people to avoid.

rubah
04-03-2011, 04:25 AM
why do you consider middle names useless? at the very least, they are useful from an identification standpoint (I think you overestimate how many people would give creative last names to their children), and some people find them meaningful for religious or traditional reasons.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-03-2011, 06:26 AM

I want to be a Snow.

I want to be a Snow.

I want to be a Snow.

stfu nerds.

You all three have to be Lannisters. Only inbreeding can explain you pizza faced, mutant freak jobs.

:love:

Bunny
04-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Says the guy involved in a romantic tryst with his cars.

NorthernChaosGod
04-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Fuck you, I pray to the old gods.

Iceglow
04-03-2011, 10:27 AM
I just recently heard of some famous dude naming his kids Moon Unit Zappa and Dweezil Zappa.

"heard of some famous dude" Dude do not tell me you have no idea who Frank Zappa is! Frank Zappa Cover of Stairway to Heaven (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkPqGXi250c) Possibly better than the original version.

I'm a bastard born out of wedlock it's true. I have a hyphenated name Causer being from my Dad's side of the family, Smith being my mother's married surname (she never reverted to her maiden name after the divorce from my brother's father otherwise I'd be a Causer-Mansell I guess) I don't think being a bastard born out of wedlock is anything these days it's pointless to even call us bastards.

DMKA
04-03-2011, 04:59 PM
I can't imagine my mom and dad not being married and living together. It's such a weird thought to me.

Financially and legally, I think it's highly unwise to have a child out of wedlock, but aside of that I don't think it's morally wrong or anything. Even though growing up I was taught that it was.

Crop
04-03-2011, 11:09 PM
My parents are together but arn't married.
I also have a hyphenated name from a couple of hundred years ago, when two people married and took their last names and put them together.
I like my last name but it's not like it matters, there's not much in a name apart from identification.

Madame Adequate
04-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Yes but that's investing even more power in the hands of people who like to name their kids Apple and Pilot Inspektor and Adolf Hitler etc.

Apple is a wonderful name you philistine :mad2:

kotora
04-03-2011, 11:43 PM

as is Adolf Hitler

sharkythesharkdogg
04-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Says the guy involved in a romantic tryst with his cars.

If fucking my Beemer up the tale pipe is wrong, I don't want to be right. :colbert:

Jiro
04-04-2011, 05:23 AM

I actually have no problem with the name Apple, it's kind of cute. But I was grasping at straws from the get-go, I needed more xD

EDIT: I forget the topic but IMAGINE IF two people with hyphenated names married and hyphenated their names again for the kids.

West-Horton-Causer-Smith OR SOMETHING AMAZING LIKE THAT. It gets even better when you add more names.

West-Horton-Causer-Smith-Hobbes-Moore-Rivera-Miller-Bieber-Garner. What a behemoth. You'd have to name the kid something short, like Joe.

Joe West-Horton-Causer-Smith-Hobbes-Moore-Rivera-Miller-Bieber-Garner. Kid is bitchin

NorthernChaosGod
04-04-2011, 06:10 AM
I'm just happy my last name was included.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-04-2011, 06:33 AM
I think i have a bigger issue with people deciding to have unprotected sex out of wedlock while still admitting to your face that they don't want and can't handle kids. I think it comes with the territory, that if you're boning you should accept the biological fact that it's there to make babies.

As long as you responsibly bone with the acceptance that you could produce, and therefore need to properly care for a kid, kudos to you.

Probably doesn't help I'm in the army though. I've seen more one year marriages than one night stands in the last 5 years.

Iceglow
04-04-2011, 12:49 PM
EDIT: I forget the topic but IMAGINE IF two people with hyphenated names married and hyphenated their names again for the kids.

West-Horton-Causer-Smith OR SOMETHING AMAZING LIKE THAT. It gets even better when you add more names.

West-Horton-Causer-Smith-Hobbes-Moore-Rivera-Miller-Bieber-Garner. What a behemoth. You'd have to name the kid something short, like Joe.

Joe West-Horton-Causer-Smith-Hobbes-Moore-Rivera-Miller-Bieber-Garner. Kid is bitchin

Wow lol you think too much a little here Dak. Though I love how the first two hyphenated names you can think of is the surname of Nikki's lil' girl and mine it's funny because I know the logic there but it doesn't half look like you've got weird ideas. Also as someone with a long hyphenated name (when asked for my full first, middle and surname in particular) I often have trouble fitting it in on forms because I have too many characters already. Given the number of characters in your own example of "West-Horton-Causer-Smith" the surname would NEVER fit on any forms. Also in your example you forget that Joe is ultimately short for Joseph and registering a child as being called Joe would mean registering him as Joseph if you wanted a short name you should probably look at names like Adam. I couldn't personally imagine having to write the name of "Joseph West-Horton-Causer-Smith" on all the forms when asked for full name. And heck thats without giving the kid a middle name.

NorthernChaosGod
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
You can name a kid Joe and not Joseph.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm just happy my last name was included.

Bashir?

Unbreakable Will
04-11-2011, 06:22 AM
I'm one and you all know how awesome I am
Make that double. :colbert:

I just had a kid out of wedlock, she's wonderful and will have a mum and a dad. Just not together. :greenie:

Jiro
04-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Personally, I think people should just make up a cool last name for their kids

I have an acquaintance from school who is about to have a kid. She hates her family and her boyfriend ditched her (two months til baby is here, what a hero) so I told her to give the kid his very own last name. I wonder how that will go.

[She did post on Facebook wondering about what to do in the surname stakes, because she has a hyphen name but as I said, hates her family. So with any luck A NEW LEGACY IS BORN.]

Iceglow
04-12-2011, 01:03 PM
That could cause trouble for her when it comes to getting the kid a passport for holidays ect.

Seriously. My passport was a nightmare because my mom's surname didn't match up ect and my dad was deceased. In the end I had to legally get my Mom's surname changed by Deed-poll. I wish I was fucking kidding bout this.

xXsarahXx
04-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Im a bastard :) My mum and dad were together but not married. The later married and had my 2 brothers, who are bastards but in entirely different ways.

On the subject of hyphenated names, my foster mums middle name is hyphenated. Her parents couldn't decide what to call her so they called her every possibility. Her name is Brenda Marie-Julia-Anne-Susan Smith, poor bugger.
She only ever uses her first name now.

Laddy
04-20-2011, 07:10 AM
I got stuck with Deslauriers as a last name. It makes me sound cool and exotic; unfortunately, a very sissy-sounding cool and exotic.

Meh, I don't care.

The Man
04-20-2011, 09:53 AM

I want to be a Snow.

I want to be a Snow.

I want to be a Snow.

stfu nerds.

You all three have to be Lannisters. Only inbreeding can explain you pizza faced, mutant freak jobs.

:love:Bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:, they have to be Targaryens. Targs are far more inbred then Lannisters.

I couldn't care less about marital state. It's having children out of financial ability to care for them that's immoral.

I agree with both of these poasts.

I think i have a bigger issue with people deciding to have unprotected sex out of wedlock while still admitting to your face that they don't want and can't handle kids. I think it comes with the territory, that if you're boning you should accept the biological fact that it's there to make babies.

As long as you responsibly bone with the acceptance that you could produce, and therefore need to properly care for a kid, kudos to you.

Probably doesn't help I'm in the army though. I've seen more one year marriages than one night stands in the last 5 years.
If people want to have sex and don't want kids, it's their right. Plenty of types of protection and birth control exist these days, some of which even an idiot could use properly, and in cases where one fails there's the morning after pill. And no matter how one feels about abortion, making it illegal always results in a black market, and never actually stops abortion (case in point: El Salvador, which has criminalised it so thoroughly that people actually examine women who are suspected of having had abortions; it has not actually stopped the process from occurring, and just results in women dying from poorly executed abortions and being locked up in jails). What actually stops abortion is responsible, comprehensive sex education. Abortion went down more under Clinton, who promoted comprehensive sex education, than it did under Bush 43, who promoted just about every policy the religious right wanted him to short of actually banning abortion. As long as people aren't just smurfing casually without condoms, it's not really anything anyone should be concerned with.

Jiro
04-20-2011, 10:15 AM
If it's any consolation, my girlfriend thinks your last name is awesome.

Jentleness
04-21-2011, 02:06 AM
I actually intend to produce a child out of wedlock on purpose. The idea that bastard children are even socially meaningful should be virtually out of our system by today's standards.

that and single parents. Seriously I don't know many nuclear families and the ones I do know, we've already talked to each other about how rare a sight we are.

My parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this year.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 17th...that is if I don't killl him before that...

Jiro
04-21-2011, 03:00 AM
Jen might be on the market soon :excited:

Raistlin
04-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Dibs.

Jiro
04-21-2011, 03:43 AM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Did I just get outdibsed? NOOOOO

TrollHunter
04-21-2011, 03:45 AM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Did I just get outdibsed? NOOOOO

You of all people should know that you can't beat Raistlin at things like this.

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2011, 03:59 AM
Come on guys, she'd be killing her previous mate. Is that really something you want to be with?

TrollHunter
04-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Well different strokes for different folks. Don't hate.

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2011, 04:55 AM
Can I have all your stuff when you die then?

TrollHunter
04-21-2011, 05:01 AM
Well I'm not smurfing crazy so I won't be dying. You can have jiro or raistlins stuff when they get killed though.

qwertysaur
04-21-2011, 05:02 AM
Is this praying mantis style courtship?

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Whomever wants to get with the black widow.

Loony BoB
04-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Previous posts kept in mind, I fully endorse Raistlin's candidacy for hooking up with the husband-killer.

Back on topic, I agree with Jessweeee. Commitment to the child is more important than finances or marriage. Both of the latter can help, particularly finances when it comes to having the basic requirements. But more important than anything is that they both understand and want what is best for the child.

Bunny
04-21-2011, 04:14 PM
You can want until you go blue in the face, but if you can't financially support a child you probably shouldn't be having one.

Loony BoB
04-21-2011, 04:27 PM
You can want until you go blue in the face, but if you can't financially support a child you probably shouldn't be having one.
I agree for the most part, but technically you should still be able to get support from the government to at least give them the basic neccessities. However, the government can't force you to love your kid, and I'd rather be brought up by poor parents living on government financial support than wealthy parents who hit me and hate me.

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2011, 11:15 PM
I'd rather have middle income parents with a so-so amount of love. :p

sharkythesharkdogg
04-22-2011, 02:42 AM
Is raised by Hyenas an option?

Jentleness
04-22-2011, 05:08 AM
:O_O: Oh my Lord, guys! If I were really in the mind to off my husband, don't you think I would have done it by now?!?! Afterall, if I'd killed him the first time I thought of it, I'd be out by now!!!

NorthernChaosGod
04-22-2011, 07:22 AM
They just want you.

Jentleness
04-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Well, I actually did feel the love! :love:

I am in total agreement with Aaron concerning birth control and abortion for all the same reasons. Once my daughter hit puberty I took her aside and told her all about sex and birth control, and we have an open relationship where she knows she can tell me anything, and I don't freak out and lock her in a high tower. So far so good! Anyway, I expect to be the first to know if she is seriously considering sex as a teenager because she knows I want her to get an exam with GYN and get on the pill or something equivalent. I am in no hurry for her to provide me with grandchildren.

Also, on topic, my youngest step-son is technically a bastard because his mother and my husband were never married. I throw the word technically in there because I have raised him since he was almost 3 so I consider myself his "real" mother. However, I will say, he never successfully dealt with his biological mother's abandonment of him. Of all my step children, he has the most baggage and most difficulty with making good life choices. So, even though he has had two parents almost his whole life, who have loved and cared for him, he still suffered from the rejection. :|