PDA

View Full Version : April Fools

MichaelC
04-04-2011, 06:38 AM
Hope everyone 'enjoyed' the April Fools prank. No sale is occurring. My hooker/cocaine addiction is well under control, especially as long as the Denver Nuggets continue to beat the spread.

All Your Base Still Are Belong To Us.

Timekeeper
04-04-2011, 06:50 AM
There may be no sale, but I still demand giveaways and free stuff :colbert:

Raistlin
04-04-2011, 06:54 AM
Goddammit, I was just getting my plans together for a pretend freakout and thread-making spree over the "new rule" in the last announcement (I was talking to rubah about this just earlier tonight). Given the response in the sale thread, I imagine I would've had a lot of unwitting support too.

I originally thought that some sort of sale was real and it was announced on 4/1 just to make it look like a prank. But the latest announcement made it pretty obvious. Still, I was expecting you guys to give us a few days to argue about it.

Also, kudos for going outside of the narrow 4/1 deadline. Pranks aren't nearly as fun on a day when everyone suspects everything to be a prank.

Big D
04-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Heh. Good effort, that was pretty convincing. A possible ownership change didn't worry me particularly, since previous change-overs never hurt the core of what this forum's all about, but I was genuinely starting to believe the place had actually been bought up by Square-Enix somehow.

Baloki
04-04-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm just kindda glad I can stop pretending I'm drunk tanked now :D

Madame Adequate
04-04-2011, 07:41 AM
Should have carried on with this, and started banning people left and right for slagging off FF.

nik0tine
04-04-2011, 07:43 AM
I agree with MILF completely. This should have turned into a giant banfest.

NorthernChaosGod
04-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Should have carried on with this, and started banning people left and right for slagging off FF.
Count another one for this. That would pretty much be the best prank ever.

As it is, it was lame.

Shaka Zulu
04-04-2011, 08:18 AM
For April Fools I told my intermediate and extended family that I would stop whipping my hair back and forth. I told them I would adopt the new style of "Whipping To and Fro".

Freya
04-04-2011, 08:26 AM
It wasn't till the end where I was like "ehhhhhhhh well it's after april first and they are still talking about it... mehbee it's got some shred of truth to it?"

Baloki
04-04-2011, 08:59 AM
I personally feel like I had you all fooled, kind of like an inception style prank where I was the crazy lady in the underworld.

Loony BoB
04-04-2011, 09:07 AM
I have to say, having you (Michael) on board made this a hell of a lot more fun than it would have otherwise been. Thanks, man. :up:

Bunny
04-04-2011, 09:35 AM
I do not appreciate the lies and trickery that was employed during this whole event. I demand a refund.

Jiro
04-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Well I think that was a job well done, I was convinced a sale was occurring. Glad those hookers haven't robbed you blind yet!

Still, I was just getting my :bou::bou::bou::bou: together to start slagging off every S-E game I could name to force a ban on myself. Ah well, looks like I'm stuck here :argh:

nik0tine
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Isn't it about time you put the sub-forums back in the proper order?

Timekeeper
04-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Isn't it about time you put the sub-forums back in the proper order?

Jiro
04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Not likely to happen. Not even a goddamn petition would fix it, I reckons.

kotora
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Well I think that was a job well done, I was convinced a sale was occurring. Glad those hookers haven't robbed you blind yet!

why exactly would square enix wanna buy a forum where a total of 20 white people post?

escobert
04-04-2011, 12:02 PM
:mad2:

Psychotic
04-04-2011, 12:33 PM
There, I put them back in order. Be sure to remember that when you vote for Rantzien for best admin for the 20th god damn time :argh:

Also HAHAHAHA oh man you guys Raistlin totally fell for it! We totally SLAM-DUNKED that PUNK right through the god damn SPACE TIME CONTINUUM all the way back to 1582! THAT'S HOW HARD WE PRANKED HIM! utter gold! SHEER PLATINUM! MMMM DING DING DING RAISTLIIIIIIIIIIIN YOU GOT SMOTHERED IN DUMPLINGS AND THEN BASTED, SON!!!!!!!!

Shattered Dreamer
04-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I admire everyones commitment to the prank but can I get a big fat whatever from the crowd please :p :lol: :bigsmile:

Jiro
04-04-2011, 12:42 PM

why exactly would square enix wanna buy a forum where a total of 20 white people post?

S-E was never going to buy us but some other fella might've. I mean we're not all :bou::bou::bou::bou: :(

Mo-Nercy
04-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Oh good, because Square-Enix sucks.

Hollycat
04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
You guys got me, good job.

Del Murder
04-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Oh good, because Square-Enix sucks.
BANNED

Thanks for helping out, Michael.

Old Manus
04-04-2011, 03:08 PM
No lie, I actually considered this possibility

Jiro
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Looks like PSY enjoys invalidating my posts. Listen up do-gooder-dodson, I will write you angry visitor messages if you aren't careful :argh:

I'm not gonna lie, it's just an excuse to use that very beautiful smiley

Dignified Pauper
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I agree with MILF completely. This should have turned into a giant banfest.

Yeah, this should have carried on until at least the 10th, after half the user base was banned...

Crop
04-04-2011, 03:29 PM
I bet this is an April Fool's joke by the owners, those couple of pranksters.

Wow, I hate to say I told you so but I called this one before April first, see.
Does that make me smarter than all of you? Yes, yes it does.

qwertysaur
04-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I like how Michael joined in the prank. :bigsmile:

Jiro
04-04-2011, 04:03 PM

All hail King Crop the Immortal?

Foo
04-04-2011, 04:10 PM
YOU GOT SMOTHERED IN DUMPLINGS AND THEN BASTED, SON!!!!!!!!

LOL. This.

NorthernChaosGod
04-04-2011, 04:15 PM

You think you're the only who saw it coming? Some of like probably like to play along.

Peegee
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Goddammit, I was just getting my plans together for a pretend freakout and thread-making spree over the "new rule" in the last announcement (I was talking to rubah about this just earlier tonight). Given the response in the sale thread, I imagine I would've had a lot of unwitting support too.

I originally thought that some sort of sale was real and it was announced on 4/1 just to make it look like a prank. But the latest announcement made it pretty obvious. Still, I was expecting you guys to give us a few days to argue about it.

Also, kudos for going outside of the narrow 4/1 deadline. Pranks aren't nearly as fun on a day when everyone suspects everything to be a prank.

Del Murder
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM

You think you're the only who saw it coming? Some of like probably like to play along.
Like, not you, apparently (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/136550-sale-eyes-final-fantasy-post2966848.html#post2966848).

Cuchulainn
04-04-2011, 05:02 PM
I never gave a flying smurf about any sale or non sale so this joke just flew straight passed me. I was actually hoping that the april fools joke would be announced as being the member 'spirit', the fact that he is a real person who really has those thoughts is very very upsetting.

Well done though.

Peegee
04-04-2011, 05:09 PM
I never gave a flying smurf about any sale or non sale so this joke just flew straight passed me. I was actually hoping that the april fools joke would be announced as being the member 'spirit', the fact that he is a real person who really has those thoughts is very very upsetting.

Well done though.

Nice try. I'm currently considering whether to make spirit sexiest eoffer or best male or best member.

qwertysaur
04-04-2011, 05:16 PM

Well done though.

Nice try. I'm currently considering whether to make spirit sexiest eoffer or best male or best member.
Wolf already has best member in the bag. Would you like to retry from your last save point?

MichaelC
04-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I have to say, having you (Michael) on board made this a hell of a lot more fun than it would have otherwise been. Thanks, man. :up:

Np :)

Peegee
04-04-2011, 05:44 PM

Well done though.

Wolf already has best member in the bag. Would you like to retry from your last save point?

I disagree. Spirit has lots of chances to be best poster and best member and sexiest male

qwertysaur
04-04-2011, 05:48 PM

Well done though.

I disagree. Spirit has lots of chances to be best poster and best member and sexiest maleThis shall be settled come June. :p

Hollycat
04-04-2011, 05:50 PM

Well done though.
Would you be upset if I bought the forum and changed everyone's avatar to a justin beiber pic and changed everyone's name to their IP address and made everyone's sig a link to lemonparty?

Also, I was expecting the April Fools joke to involve spirit also, how weird is that? I was expecting a suicide thread or something followed by the revelation that spirit is really Dr. Unne or something.

NorthernChaosGod
04-04-2011, 06:17 PM

Like, not you, apparently (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/136550-sale-eyes-final-fantasy-post2966848.html#post2966848).
Playing along is too involved.

Bunny
04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh good.

Heath
04-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah, irrespective of the fact it's a prank, I wasn't joking about the FFV forum description. :p

Del Murder
04-04-2011, 07:51 PM
The forum descriptions are in the works to be changed for SEO. The old ones had their run and it's time for a change. But we'll try to work in the FFV pimp comment just for you, Heath.

Heath
04-04-2011, 09:11 PM
:heart:

Hollycat
04-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Why do the executives almost never show up?

Jessweeee♪
04-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Because they're Executives!

TrollHunter
04-04-2011, 10:08 PM
I have to admit, I was convinced bits and pieces of the sale were true, I even believed the new "rule" for the most part. I was thinking "eh I joined at the perfect time didn't I?"
It was a good prank, well done. Ima go crawl in a corner and cry myself to sleep now.
:G

Bunny
04-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Between golfing with the bigwigs of Fortune 500 companies, flying to private islands in their private jets with a private crew, and overseeing the destruction of small nations, executives hardly have the time to show up on an internet forum about a video game that is no longer relevant.

Peegee
04-04-2011, 10:45 PM

Between golfing with the bigwigs of Fortune 500 companies, flying to private islands in their private jets with a private crew, and overseeing the destruction of small nations, executives hardly have the time to show up on an internet forum about a video game that is no longer relevant.

also because of people like you

Jiro
04-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Also, I was expecting the April Fools joke to involve spirit also, how weird is that? I was expecting a suicide thread or something followed by the revelation that spirit is really Dr. Unne or something.

We already killed Linus, any more and the site would get a bad rep.

Remon
04-05-2011, 04:04 PM
I knew all along :bigsmile:. Yes I was acting like I totally fell for it.

Peegee
04-05-2011, 05:27 PM

We already killed Linus, any more and the site would get a bad rep.

linus is alive and well. i watch his yt videos every day

Cuchulainn
04-05-2011, 09:33 PM

Well done though.

Please dont. Please dont validate him.

Peegee
04-05-2011, 10:04 PM

Well done though.

who said anything about validation? I just want to nominate him because he's legitimately the best poster in eoeo. Name one better poster.

Hollycat
04-05-2011, 10:58 PM

Well done though.

who said anything about validation? I just want to nominate him because he's legitimately the best poster in eoeo. Name one better poster.
*raises hand*

Cuchulainn
04-06-2011, 12:59 AM

Well done though.

That is still validating his existence. The irony will be lost on him & it will be more validation for him to continue being 'approach with cautionable'. Right up until someone dies.

Unbreakable Will
04-06-2011, 05:42 AM
Good to know my paranoia paid off, I smurfing told you I had a bad feeling. Little did I know it was just a bad prank in the works. :p

Peegee
04-06-2011, 09:27 PM

Well done though.

That is still validating his existence. The irony will be lost on him & it will be more validation for him to continue being 'approach with cautionable'. Right up until someone dies.

Way to ignore my point. I'm saying he's the best poster - makes an argument, provides arguments for his point, then argues against people who try to usurp his view

or we can go back to posts about how my gf disrespects me and I'm too much of a love/sex struck loon to break up (oh wait that's me)

Cuchulainn
04-07-2011, 12:20 AM
but he's insane

NorthernChaosGod
04-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Also he speaks English retardedly.

Jiro
04-07-2011, 04:45 AM
He's not even been here for a few days, I think you bastards got rid of him. Whose posts will we ridicule now?!

Bunny
04-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Yours.

Jiro
04-07-2011, 05:13 AM
fuck

qwertysaur
04-07-2011, 06:33 AM
He's been here yesterday actually. :p

Jiro
04-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Haven't seen him post :monster:

NorthernChaosGod
04-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I'm okay with that.

Loony BoB
04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Let's not slag off other members, thanks. No more of it.

Citizen Bleys
04-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I was wondering how long you'd let this carry on.

Hollycat
04-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Attention, it is now april, and I have yet to receive my clown in teh mail. The name of this holiday is very deceptive, I thought I gets one free clown!

*mew*

Jiro
04-08-2011, 12:06 AM
That's the prank

Cuchulainn
04-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Let's not slag off other members, thanks. No more of it.

Ya Dick.

Hollycat
04-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Spirit is on right now, pm him and convince him to come back

nik0tine
04-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Making fun of someone with terribly low self esteem in public in that way is not right. Those posts should probably be removed.

Hollycat
04-08-2011, 03:21 AM
guys, somethings going with him, I'm worried. Look at shiny and his profiles. He's hiding her messeges, and when I PM'd him he immediatly logged off. This may require an intervention of some sort

kotora
04-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Making fun of someone with terribly low self esteem in public in that way is not right. Those posts should probably be removed.

while I'm normally all about making fun of people I'll have to agree with this

Hollycat
04-08-2011, 03:54 AM

this, seriously

Cuchulainn
04-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I forgot to do a background check on the guy before I read his insane ramblings then commented. That was my bad.

~*~Celes~*~
04-10-2011, 02:59 AM
...lmmfao

Psychotic
04-10-2011, 01:08 PM
This is why we can't have nice things.

Happy Halloween! :)