PDA

View Full Version : About "Smurfing" Time!

Chris
04-04-2011, 12:39 PM
http://i51.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/r1eiaa.jpg

A childhood favorite of mine is hitting the big screen later this year, and apparently, a trilogy is in the talks.

Anyone thrilled about this?

Psychotic
04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
This sounds like a rather profane and smutty movie.

Jiro
04-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Is that seriously the tag line? Where the smurf are we?

Fuck I love these fellas. I'm going to watch it a giggle like a bitch at all the EoFF references that aren't really there.

Timekeeper
04-04-2011, 02:45 PM
This is obviously just a smurfing perspective on that bloody Australia campaign!

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2006/03/18/ajgbloody_wideweb__470x317,0.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Well I'm going to see it.

Hollycat
04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I hate the smurfs
JK, but the movie looks lame

Bunny
04-04-2011, 10:24 PM
I hear Papa Smurf is revealed as a rapist.

Hollycat
04-04-2011, 10:52 PM
I heard that they reveal that Smurfette has her tubes tied so there will be no more smurfs

Shlup
04-04-2011, 11:31 PM
I don't mind the cartoons I enjoyed when I was a kid being made into movies in theory, but I hate that movie makers seem to feel the need to take the characters out of their setting. Smurfs in NYC? Really?

I'm more excited about the new Winnie the Pooh movie, not because I'm a huge Pooh fan, but because it's purposefully reminiscent of "classic" (not Classic Pooh, but, like, "little black raincloud" stuff) Pooh, rather than just using a familiar character in an unfamiliar and half-assed way for profit.

G13
04-05-2011, 01:23 AM
I heard that they reveal that Smurfette has her tubes tied so there will be no more smurfs

Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have reproductive organs under those little, white pants. It's just so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. You know, what's the point of living if you don't have a dick?

Hollycat
04-05-2011, 01:31 AM

Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have reproductive organs under those little, white pants. It's just so illogical, you know, about being a Smurf. You know, what's the point of living if you don't have a dick?
Potato Casserole?

Bunny
04-05-2011, 02:57 AM

What's the point of having one if you don't use it?

Jentleness
04-05-2011, 07:14 AM
The movie looks really smurfy! :smurf:

Mo-Nercy
04-05-2011, 12:19 PM
My comfort blankie as a child featured the Smurfs, but I never was a fan of the show.

Del Murder
04-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Smurf this movie.

Dreddz
04-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Good tagline. A Smurfs movie sounds dumb though.

Unbreakable Will
04-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Is that seriously the tag line? Where the smurf are we?

smurf I love these fellas. I'm going to watch it a giggle like a bitch at all the EoFF references that aren't really there.

Basically this

Hollycat
04-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Whats sad is now middle school kids are gonna think using smurf for teh f word is cool, then they will start using it, and it will become teh f word and we will have to either A change the word smurf to something else like cornberry, B delete every copy of teh movie, or C eliminate the entirety of middle school children.
My vote is for C!

*mew*

Unbreakable Will
04-08-2011, 02:27 AM

G13
04-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Whats sad is now middle school kids are gonna think using smurf for teh f word is cool, then they will start using it, and it will become teh f word and we will have to either A change the word smurf to something else like cornberry, B delete every copy of teh movie, or C eliminate the entirety of middle school children.
My vote is for C!

*mew*

Wouldn't you fall under C?

DMKA
04-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Smurf this movie.

Agreed 100%.

Mercen-X
04-09-2011, 07:07 PM
This is the result of not boycotting Gnomeo & Juliet. Now we're going to be friggin' buried in garden gnomes!

I've never really liked the Smurfs. I was more into Carebears. At least their lessons in love and friendship were blatant enough for me to grasp as a child. I had no idea what the point of Smurfs was and that Gargomel or whatever was such a lame villain.
I can handle these tiny critters being blue... but why are they all male? I have the feeling even Smurfette isn't really a girl at all.

I don't care if people start bombarding my eardrums with the smurfing smurftastic smurfology of smurfs.
We're trapped in an era of idiocy where every other word out of every other person's mouth is
F-BOMB.
Personally, I'm sick of it. Hearing that word said so much for no reason other than the fact that the person saying it so stupid s/he flunked kindergarten has nearly made me sick of humanity.

So SMURF it. I don't care if every other word out of every other person's mouth is smurf. I don't. I don't give a flying monkey's butt. Let it be.
Don't worry your pretty little heads over it. Webgeeks will come up with something 10*X better than the word 'smurf.'... Seriously...

Chris
04-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Smurfette isn't the only girl. There's the grandma smurf and the red-headed little smurf youngling.

To be completely honest, the idea of taking the smurfs out of their world sounds a tiny bit unoriginal, but I'm going to give it a chance to explain itself, and especially if it turns out to be a trilogy.

Bunny
04-10-2011, 06:42 PM
What the hell are you even ranting about Mercen.

Shiny
04-10-2011, 07:38 PM
This movie is going to blow. As soon I saw "3D" that was it.

charliepanayi
04-10-2011, 08:02 PM

As soon as I saw it was a film version of The Smurfs that was it, never mind the 3D.

theundeadhero
04-11-2011, 03:55 PM
It was a favorite cartoon of mine as a kid but I expect the movie to be really really bad.

DMKA
04-14-2011, 04:27 AM

As soon as I saw it was a film version of The Smurfs that was it, never mind the 3D.

The moment I heard the film was in production I groaned.

Hollycat
04-14-2011, 04:40 AM
My vote is for C!

*mew*

Wouldn't you fall under C?

no, and here is the rule. If they are in middle school, they suck. even if it's you, all middle schoolers are irritating little twits.

The Man
04-14-2011, 04:54 AM
This is the result of not boycotting Gnomeo & Juliet. Now we're going to be friggin' buried in garden gnomes!

I've never really liked the Smurfs. I was more into Carebears. At least their lessons in love and friendship were blatant enough for me to grasp as a child. I had no idea what the point of Smurfs was and that Gargomel or whatever was such a lame villain.
I can handle these tiny critters being blue... but why are they all male? I have the feeling even Smurfette isn't really a girl at all.

I don't care if people start bombarding my eardrums with the smurfing smurftastic smurfology of smurfs.
We're trapped in an era of idiocy where every other word out of every other person's mouth is
F-BOMB.
Personally, I'm sick of it. Hearing that word said so much for no reason other than the fact that the person saying it so stupid s/he flunked kindergarten has nearly made me sick of humanity.

So SMURF it. I don't care if every other word out of every other person's mouth is smurf. I don't. I don't give a flying monkey's butt. Let it be.
Don't worry your pretty little heads over it. Webgeeks will come up with something 10*X better than the word 'smurf.'... Seriously...

This is one of the... stranger posts I've read lately. To put it mildly.

China Miéville's latest novel, Kraken, would blow your smurfing mind. The character Collingswood can't go more than two sentences without dropping an F-bomb but the vocabulary of the novel and basically all the rest of the content is pretty much collegiate-level. Which pretty much blows that thesis dead in the water. And don't even get me started on Gravity's Rainbow.

Del Murder
04-14-2011, 06:58 AM
What the smurf does that have to do with Smurfs?

The Man
04-14-2011, 07:13 AM
It has smurf-all to do with the smurfing Smurfs. It was a response to the smurfing F-bomb tangent.

Jiro
04-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Get back onto the smurfing topic you two.