PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor's Age

Del Murder
04-07-2011, 08:38 PM
WK's descriptions of the Shadow flashbacks had me thinking about his dog's age. In one of the flashbacks he arrives at Thamasa and meets Interceptor. He then spends enough time there to get to know and impregnate Relm's mother, and leave. I'd say that could be anywhere from 6 months to a year. Relm is 10 when she joins the party. So add in 9 months for pregnancy and that means the game takes place anywhere from 11-12 years after Shadow first arrives at Thamasa. Assuming Interceptor is only 1-2 years old when he meets Shadow, that makes him about 12-14 years old during the game. A pretty old dog to be travelling the world and hurling himself at monsters!

So here's my crackpot theory...Interceptor is an esper guarding the town of Thamasa. Either that or he has magical properties much like the city's residents.

Hollycat
04-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Or maybe he is actually a cat?

Jiro
04-08-2011, 12:20 AM
I think some sort of magical properties is probably more accurate. Or his breed is just super old.

VeloZer0
04-08-2011, 02:05 AM
It's funny that in a world of crazy and impossible animals we are grasping to figure out how a dog can be that old :) Though that is the exact same thing I though when reading WKs descriptions.

ljkkjlcm9
04-08-2011, 04:59 AM
Or the dog could just be an ultra awesome well trained monster, since they seem to exist forever.

THE JACKEL

blackmage_nuke
04-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Or theres more than one interceptor

Depression Moon
04-08-2011, 10:47 PM
2 years old is old for a dog?

KainHighwind
04-08-2011, 11:42 PM
2 years old is old for a dog?

No, but 12-14 is.

Depression Moon
04-09-2011, 02:12 AM
I don't understand that. That's 14 in dog years right?

KainHighwind
04-09-2011, 04:02 AM
No. I think you should reread the original post.

And now, I feel like posting this:

Stewie: Say Brian, now that I think about it, how can you possibly have a thirteen year old son, when you yourself are only seven?
Brian: Well, those are dog years.
Stewie: That doesn't make any sense.
Brian: You know what Stewie, If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

espritduo
04-10-2011, 02:46 AM
My current dog is 12 years old (she's a black lab), and she still runs, jumps, plays, and goes crazy with the best of them. 12-14 is old for a dog, but not ridiculously or cripplingly so. The dog next door to my house was 16 when it died(and it was big thing, very much like Interceptor, which looks to be a doberman), and it was even more lively than mine right up until the end. A 14 year old dog travelling the world and fending off beasts is about as believable as a 70 year old man(Strago) doing the same.

Big D
04-10-2011, 07:50 AM
FFVI's world features all manner of fantastical creatures - and peoples - with powers that don't exist on our world. Presumably Interceptor just belongs to a breed that our world doesn't have - one that's very long-lived. Either that, or he just belongs in the 'geriatric badass' category like Galuf or Old Snake.