PDA

View Full Version : Loot, what to sell? what to keep for upgrading weapons?

mindfray
04-08-2011, 12:34 AM
So I'm kind of in a spot, I have tons of loot, but i don't know what pieces of loot are used to upgrade weapons etc.

so right now I'm afraid I'll sell something useful.

of course I'm talking about the misc items and not the weapons or accessories.

Jiro
04-08-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm sure someone will be able to provide you with specifics, but go into your upgrade menu and down to the inorganic materials. Anything that gives you like 800 or more points you should hang onto, the rest of the inorganics you can afford to sell.

You shouldn't really need too much in the way of gil so you could just as well hold onto everything like I did. Upgrading gets easier at the end when you can buy kickass materials to manipulate everything in your favour.

Wolf Kanno
04-08-2011, 04:44 AM
The items that actually transform an item into something else should be held onto for dear life. I also wouldn't sell organic components cause they don't return much value and you're better off just using them for modifiers. Personally, I don't sell anything that isn't one of the items specifically for selling like Gold Dust and Platinum Ingots just because most of the items in the game give terrible gil and are better off being used to level up equipment.

If you run into soldiers that drop salary chips, farm them til you get a decent amount of cash and I wouldn't bother buying consumable items cause they are frankly a waste of gil. You also find the majority of the weapons so there is no reason to buy them unless you are going after a Trophy/Achievement. Same with accessories, your gil should be spent on Diabolic Tails for organic items and the super expensive generator inorganic items. Or basically, you should blow gil on item to raise your equipments levels.

Jessweeee♪
04-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Like Wolf, I prefer not to sell anything that isn't specifically for selling. So many accessories to upgrade!

Roogle
04-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I feel that the game does not stress the importance of holding on to all materials until you get to a point in the game where you know what they are for. It is easy to simply get to a point where you sell nearly everything because the majority of your inventory appears useless at the time.

Hollycat
04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
yep, dont sell anything till you have everything

CactuarKing
09-02-2011, 10:19 PM
I feel that the game does not stress the importance of holding on to all materials until you get to a point in the game where you know what they are for. It is easy to simply get to a point where you sell nearly everything because the majority of your inventory appears useless at the time.

I agree with this. Unless you follow a guide (like the official guide like I did) then you have no idea what is important and what is not.......
:cactuar: