PDA

View Full Version : P4 - Mafia XIX Game Thread - [Game Over] Mafia DOMINATION

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

[M] Caprica
04-11-2011, 10:43 PM
thank you Igor.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-11-2011, 10:45 PM
guys, i just vomited so if I don't show up before tomorrow its because I dont feel good. I'll sit right back down here if I feel better though

[M] Apollo
04-11-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm undecided between Teddie and Mitsuo.
Teddie risked a lot with that strategy of voting everyone. It's kind of a risky move a mafia would use on day 1 don't you think? Mitsuo on the other hand hasn't really fought back, though he now has less votes that Teddie. A mafia would have fought back right? I don't know, I guess I'll leave my vote to Yosuke :\
Argghh I have to sleep. Won't be on for long :mad2:

[M] Apollo
Mitsuo you serious? O_O
Hope you get better man.

[M] Caprica
I hope you're not mafia because the crazy person on Day 1 rarely is but until I'm 100% sure you're not vote stays on you.
I disagree, if the day were to end right now Teddie would be lynched. I hope that the town lynches a mafia member. (Or Cult leader, serial killer, or any other role that is bad news for the town)

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
Hope you get better soon person-playing-as-mitsuo.

[M] Caprica
04-11-2011, 10:51 PM
My previous post should have been like this. I need to proofread my posts better.

Souji;2970234']I hope you're not mafia because the crazy person on Day 1 rarely is but until I'm 100% sure you're not vote stays on you.
I disagree, if the day were to end right now Teddie would be lynched. I hope that the town lynches a mafia member. (Or Cult leader, serial killer, or any other role that is bad news for the town)

[M] Felix
04-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Kanji;2970243']
I hope you're not mafia because the crazy person on Day 1 rarely is but until I'm 100% sure you're not vote stays on you.

For the good of town Kanji I hope he is mafia because it takes the town closer to victory. But at the same time I'd hate to see a townie draw the ire of town & needlessly get themselves lynch if you catch my drift.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Welp, I'm going to keep my vote on Mitsuo as my golden shiny wire of hope now instead of just a mean vote, kuma.

[M] Felix
04-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Teddie;2970249']Welp, I'm going to keep my vote on Mitsuo as my golden shiny wire of hope now instead of just a mean vote, kuma.

Golden shiny wire of hope? Hmmmmmm?

[M] Apollo
04-11-2011, 11:01 PM
Well. Time's up for me guys. Nighty.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Dojima;2970253']Well. Time's up for me guys. Nighty.

Night Daddy. I think I need some sleep as well. My vote stands. Goodnight. I'll set an alarm to go off in 5 hours so I don't miss the lynching...

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Souji;2970251']
Teddie;2970249']Welp, I'm going to keep my vote on Mitsuo as my golden shiny wire of hope now instead of just a mean vote, kuma.

Golden shiny wire of hope? Hmmmmmm?
Final Fantasy VII? No takers? I did love making the reference at least, kuma.

[M] Caprica
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Souji;2970247']
Kanji;2970243']

For the good of town Kanji I hope he is mafia because it takes the town closer to victory. But at the same time I'd hate to see a townie draw the ire of town & needlessly get themselves lynch if you catch my drift.
I do and I agree. Sometimes semantics can make the message the opposite of the intention, and this game is confusing enough already. It was easy to mistake your post as hoping that we were lynching a townie, which alarmed me. Glad thats taken care of.

[M] Helo
04-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Great, I wake up, and people start going to bed.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I know you need comforting, since it is you who is heading the block, but what is confusing? You're lynching an impolite bear. It is so very, very clear and simple right now. Call back in a day if you make it, kuma.

[M] Felix
04-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Glad we cleared that up, I've just seen too many games where townies are needlessly lynched for this reason. I wouldn't allow Day 1 to confuse you too much Kanji, I've always found the beginning of games frustrating rather than confusing. Any thoughts on the other players?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
I am hoping Daisuke reads through some of today's events and gives his views. I think the previously active players have made their intentions and views clear.

[M] Felix
04-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Teddie;2970261']Call back in a day if you make it, kuma.

Comments like this won't help your case. If you're not mafia you need to convince town you are not otherwise if you flip town you've just wasted the lynch which doesn't help town.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:21 PM
KUMA

And since I've nothing to lose, kuma:

##UNVOTE: [M] Mitsuo
##VOTE: [M] Daisuke

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Souji;2970267']Comments like this won't help your case. If you're not mafia you need to convince town you are not otherwise if you flip town you've just wasted the lynch which doesn't help town.
Convincing town right now doesn't look very possible, Souji. Don't blame me if people cannot look past some frank posts and decide they'd rather listen to polite nonsense and lynch someone with an objective. It's not me who's being wasteful, kuma.

[M] Felix
04-11-2011, 11:26 PM
I think you mean you're not the only one being wastful

[M] Caprica
04-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Teddie;2970261']I know you need comforting, since it is you who is heading the block, but what is confusing? You're lynching an impolite bear. It is so very, very clear and simple right now. Call back in a day if you make it, kuma.
The confusing thing is that there are people in this town called the mafia who are going to use everything in their power to make themselves look innocent and other people look guilty. We (The townspeople) have to decide for ourselves which arguments are from a townie and which are laced with mafia poison. There is no way to be 100% sure short of their role revelation upon their death. It's actually funny how this very confusion is part of what makes this game fun though.

Also can you please clarify the last sentence please? Right now I read it as you are saying that you won't be lynched and I'll die tonight, and thats a distressing thought.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Polite nonsense: see any of Mitsuo's useless posts, kuma.

Mitsuo;2970227']honesty is the best policy

Mitsuo;2970219']
Nanako;2970214']
Mitsuo;2970210']
Dojima;2970208']I'm starting to think that Mitsuo might not be mafia...he's not doing anything to improve his image and not get any more votes. He's doing the contrary in fact.

how?
what have I done worse
and I am not mafia

Well if you were you would not admit it...

I guess not hahaha

Mitsuo;2970217']
Shu;2970213']
Mitsuo;2970210']
Dojima;2970208']I'm starting to think that Mitsuo might not be mafia...he's not doing anything to improve his image and not get any more votes. He's doing the contrary in fact.

how?
what have I done worse
and I am not mafia

He's saying that you're doing a good job of keeping your vote count low. So far you aren't doing anything wrong.

oh...
ok?

Mitsuo;2970212']exactly. except for IMHO, I have no idea what that means

Mitsuo;2970209']How awesome would it be if Teddie turns out to be the mafia leader!
but hes probably nothing important...
But I can dream can't I

Mitsuo;2970210']

how?
what have I done worse
and I am not mafia

Mitsuo;2970205']but it's not a good plan

Mitsuo;2970200']
Shu;2970198']And I have no idea who the mafia is, I haven't gathered enough evidence to make a valid guess.

stop quoting me

Mitsuo;2970186']they do?

Mitsuo;2970182']
Souji;2970179']
Teddie;2970169']
Souji;2970163']I have read the thread and again given it is Day 1 as usual not a lot to go on. But one thing that stands out to me is Teddie's post. He suggests a voting pattern (only vote active players), tries to back this up with a reason (don't allow the mob to easy night kill an inactive player). An inactive trying to steer town Day 1's vote goes to you buddy!
In a couple of days, I want ammo when I want to chase a suspect. People's previous votes will then matter. I don't want to look back and sigh, "Man, there's sure a lot of inactives dead..." That is not much use to me, kuma.

You're clasping at straws my friend, but aren't we all on Day 1! Despite the fact I voted for you I'm almost certain one of the more active players up until now is scum (not naming any names) & experience says when the mafia's "voice" in a game is taken out the others come out of the wood work. Then I'll assess the inactive. But until then Teddie crazy person you're my man ;)

high five

I think the most wasteful I've been was baiting Kanji but that was so worth it.

[M] Caprica
04-11-2011, 11:41 PM
My thoughts on every single player who is not Kanji are as follows:

This player might be mafia. He or she probably is not, but there is still that chance. Therefore, I will take any opportunity I can to try and stimulate some discussion. I will change my vote as needed depending on how said discussion develops. If needed, I will use my vote during the day for stimulation.

I will agree with people who make logical points.
I will call out people who use flawed logic.
When something needs clarification, I'll ask for it.
If what I say needs clarification, I'll provide it.
If someone is annoying, I'll give them a black eye.

[M] Felix
04-11-2011, 11:42 PM
I will agree Mitsuo has been spouting a lot of "polite nonsense" but then your brand of "baiting" is just as suspicious in my opinion. Thank you for your argument though if you flip town it might be useful.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-11-2011, 11:46 PM
At this point I have nothing interesting to add, I'm just waiting to see what happens.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Kanji;2970271']Also can you please clarify the last sentence please? Right now I read it as you are saying that you won't be lynched and I'll die tonight, and thats a distressing thought.See, this is why I have been hopping mad all day. Why do you think this? Why do you take a conditional and turn it into a definitive? When you say "last sentence" did you mean "entire post" because your worries extend past what was contained in the last sentence. I'm dying today, so I'm upset. You're not, so why would you be? If you think today is confusing, wait until tomorrow and the day after and the day after. I'm saying everything as simple as I can and yet it is like repeatedly ramming my head into a wall. I do not think anyone can clarify things for you. Ever. Kuma.

I wish the town the best, kuma.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
04-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Well, this is the last chance I have to vote before I leave for the night. Currently, I'm torn between Mitsuo and Teddie. At the moment I'm more inclined to vote for Mitsuo. I think Teddie has a greater potential to help the town in the future, despite digging himself a very deep hole at the present, so I think he deserves at least another day to try and convince us he isn't Mafia.
Mitsuo, however, doesn't really seem to be doing anything. He doesn't want to place votes and just seems to go along with what everyone else says, rather than coming up with good points of his own. However, I do feel guilty voting for him, because the person in charge of him is ill. Despite this, I'm still going to place my vote on him.

##Vote: [M] Mitsuo

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:53 PM
While I may hate Mitsuo, please do not take a Day 1 reason to Day 2. They are the flimsiest things and should be immediately shed for something with more weight, kuma.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Day 2 is always more intense than Day 1. I would assume that more people with also be active on day 2 so it will add to the confusion.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-11-2011, 11:59 PM
That would be why I hold so little hope for Kanji, kuma.

[M] Caprica
04-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Teddie;2970277']
Kanji;2970271']Also can you please clarify the last sentence please? Right now I read it as you are saying that you won't be lynched and I'll die tonight, and thats a distressing thought.See, this is why I have been hopping mad all day. Why do you think this? Why do you take a conditional and turn it into a definitive? When you say "last sentence" did you mean "entire post" because your worries extend past what was contained in the last sentence. I'm dying today, so I'm upset. You're not, so why would you be? If you think today is confusing, wait until tomorrow and the day after and the day after. I'm saying everything as simple as I can and yet it is like repeatedly ramming my head into a wall. I do not think anyone can clarify things for you. Ever. Kuma.

I meant it literally. All I asked is for more explanation of a statement. I'm sorry you feel like you need to talk down to me. I may look like dumb muscle, but I'm smarter than I look. Please don't insult my intelligence. I can tell you are also very smart as well.

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Any chance of a vote count?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
##UNVOTE: [M] Daiskue
##VOTE: [M] Mitsuo

Daisuke never responded to my meager pressure.

[M] Dee
04-12-2011, 12:13 AM
My deepest apologies to all for the delay in joining the conversation for this game. I have to first read some character bios and reread all the posts (so many!) and I will come back to you with my conclusions.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-12-2011, 12:14 AM
Five on me, four on Mitsuo if I'm right.

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 12:19 AM
So uh, why are we all pissed at Teddie again? I just kinda skimmed the last two pages, but it seems like what happened was "hey guys, I don't think it's a good idea to go off inactives because we don't learn anything that way" and everyone was like "hey he's suggesting we vote somebody now there's gotta be something wrong with that" :confused:

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 12:32 AM
4 and a half hours remaining in Day 1

Current votecount.

[M] Teddie (5) - [M] Mitsuo, [M] Souji, [M] Shu, [M] Nanako, [M] Kanji
[M] Mitsuo (4) - [M] Yukiko, [M] Adachi, [M] Namatame, [M] Teddie
[M] Yosuke (1) - [M] Dojima
[M] Daisuke (0) -
[M] Kashiwagi (0) -
[M] Shu (0) -
[M] Namatame (0) -
[M] Kanji (0) -
[M] Naoto (0) -
[M] Hanako (0) -
[M] Tanaka (0) -

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 12:36 AM
2 Reasons I'm living my vote on Teddie:

Teddie;2970261'] Iway amway afiamay, umakay.

He claimed mafia in pig latin. Joke or not we cannot ignore this! Why would any mafia player in their right mind do this?

This is a clear threat against another player. Like I said before if you're town Teddie you're not helping town the way you're acting! If you're mafia well you're not a very good one.

I have my suspicions the way you act may be part of your role but only time will tell I guess!

[M] Caprica
04-12-2011, 12:40 AM
He pissed me off with his Pig/Bear Latin. So I voted for him.

Now he degrades me for asking people to explain themselves and for having a discussion with Souji, instead of using logic, as well as coming off as very rude. Unfortunately this does two things to me. One is it makes me want him dead for personal reasons, which is counterproductive. The second effect is it makes him the most prominent in my mind. It's hard to look at others when you have a vocal townsperson. It's even harder to look at others when you have a rude vocal townsperson. So I see no reason not to vote for him.

[M] Dee
04-12-2011, 12:42 AM
I would just like to say that the votes against Teddie though validated by some (Like Souji) do seem in line with a bandwagon and so may include some mafia voters. This is not an accusation, just a polite reminder. I do agree with Souji's assessment, though I am unsure as to whether voting is prudent yet. I will wait a little longer.

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 12:45 AM
Yosuke;2970309']I would just like to say that the votes against Teddie though validated by some (Like Souji) do seem in line with a bandwagon and so may include some mafia voters. This is not an accusation, just a polite reminder. I do agree with Souji's assessment, though I am unsure as to whether voting is prudent yet. I will wait a little longer.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried that at least one of the other voters against Teddie was from the Mafia.

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Oh definitely. The swing against Teddie was very sudden.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 01:03 AM
I don't know if I should change my vote or not, and if I do to whom. The swing was quite sudden and mitsuo's constant polite nonsense make me want to swing back on mitsuo but im still not sure. I'm running out of time!

[M] Dee
04-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Can somebody post in order those that voted fo Teddie?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Souji;2970303']2 Reasons I'm living my vote on Teddie:

Teddie;2970261'] Iway amway afiamay, umakay.

He claimed mafia in pig latin. Joke or not we cannot ignore this! Why would any mafia player in their right mind do this?

This is a clear threat against another player. Like I said before if you're town Teddie you're not helping town the way you're acting! If you're mafia well you're not a very good one.
1. Why is this a reason?

2. You missed the rest of the paragraph. I was mocking him for thinking Day 1 could be at all confusing.

Again, I feel as if someone is as dense as a wall as I try to explain things to him. These reasons are so paltry compared to any veneer of logic you previously applied, Souji. When did you go so astray?

Kanji;2970306']He pissed me off with his Pig/Bear Latin. So I voted for him.

Now he degrades me for asking people to explain themselves and for having a discussion with Souji, instead of using logic, as well as coming off as very rude. Unfortunately this does two things to me. One is it makes me want him dead for personal reasons, which is counterproductive. The second effect is it makes him the most prominent in my mind. It's hard to look at others when you have a vocal townsperson. It's even harder to look at others when you have a rude vocal townsperson. So I see no reason not to vote for him.
It is true I think Kanji is plain dumb. I explain something to him and instead of thanking me for clarifying, he gets more upset. He even admits thinking is hard for him. Had he the ability to decipher simple sentences, we probably would not be at odds. Okay and if I didn't taunt him with the Pig/Bear Latin stuff.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Yosuke, I think the order is in the vote count. In theory, the order would be: [M] Mitsuo, [M] Souji, [M] Shu, [M] Nanako, [M] Kanji

[M] Dee
04-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Assuming that the order above is correct this is my thinking. The first 2 votes are risky and not mafia like in nature as they often put these characters in the line of fire. However, as already established this voting change is in line with bandwagon tactics. So I think the last 3 votes are the most likely to have mafia connection however I have not sufficient evidence to accuse anyone. Anybody else any opinions on this?

[M] Caprica
04-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Teddie I must have missed where you explained something to me, and I am sorry I did. Could you please point it out? Because apparently I'm too dumb to notice it myself.

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 01:22 AM
I wouldn't discount the first vote. The second maybe but the first vote is always a "safe" vote, on Day one especially. There's nothing at all suspicious about a first vote. Just so this doesn't get misinterpreted, I'm not saying it's incriminating, just that we can't clear somebody because they voted first :p

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 01:33 AM
@Teddie It's obvious why I voted for you, you claimed mafia in your very first post! How can I be any clearer?

@Yukiko I'm the second vote on Teddie. Why would you maybe discount my vote? Did I not make it clear why I voted for Teddie?

[M] Dee
04-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Yukiko;2970329']I wouldn't discount the first vote. The second maybe but the first vote is always a "safe" vote, on Day one especially. There's nothing at all suspicious about a first vote. Just so this doesn't get misinterpreted, I'm not saying it's incriminating, just that we can't clear somebody because they voted first :p

You have a very good point. However I think the first vote only really works on the first day. Sadly I am very tired and I am going to bed. So I will vote now.
##VOTE: [M] Mitsuo

[M] Dee
04-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Souji;2970334']@Teddie It's obvious why I voted for you, you claimed mafia in your very first post! How can I be any clearer?

@Yukiko I'm the second vote on Teddie. Why would you maybe discount my vote? Did I not make it clear why I voted for Teddie?

I think it was implied that your vote rules your voting strategy non-mafia.

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 01:40 AM
Yosuke;2970336']
Souji;2970334']@Teddie It's obvious why I voted for you, you claimed mafia in your very first post! How can I be any clearer?

I think it was implied that your vote rules your voting strategy non-mafia.

As long as it's clear I'd hate to have to literally draw a picture :lol:

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Hmm I think after reading a bit more of teddies post I will discount my bandwagon vote against him.

##unvote: Teddie
(if it isnt unvote then i forgot what it is :p)

I will revote soon but not... just yet.

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 01:46 AM

I'm not really sure why I worded it that way. I think I was going in a different direction with the post when I typed that sentence out. I wouldn't discount it, it's just not as safe as the first vote. Please disregard that part of the post xD

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 01:48 AM
So, I came back and now it appears that I'm going to be lynched. Well, that sucks, but for most of you I am not your enemy

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-12-2011, 01:49 AM
As much as I do want to vote for today, I don't have enough evidence to make an educated guess as to who and who is not mafia. From the way I see it, most people are just lashing out on the ones who are actually the most active today so no vote for me because of the risk of bandwagon voting.

OOC: Also, sorry for no post in the last few hours. I was a little busy with homework

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 01:50 AM
so I attacked Teddy first, cause he claimed mafia, does that get any clearer? I wasn't hopping on the bandwagon

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 01:50 AM
As vague as that is okay XD!

Shu care to weight in, I mean you're clearly watching the game from the shadows come join the party!

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Kanji;2970328']Teddie I must have missed where you explained something to me, and I am sorry I did. Could you please point it out? Because apparently I'm too dumb to notice it myself.
I will try to explain the whole thing and where I went wrong if you think it'll help.

Kanji;2970257']
Souji;2970247']
Kanji;2970243']
']I hope you're not mafia because the crazy person on Day 1 rarely is but until I'm 100% sure you're not vote stays on you.

I do and I agree. Sometimes semantics can make the message the opposite of the intention, and this game is confusing enough already. It was easy to mistake your post as hoping that we were lynching a townie, which alarmed me. Glad thats taken care of.
Right here, Kanji, you have just said the game is already confusing. You are also happy something was explained to you and expressed relief. As a jerk with a rope around my neck I was miffed.

Teddie;2970261']I know you need comforting, since it is you who is heading the block, but what is confusing? You're lynching an impolite bear. It is so very, very clear and simple right now. Call back in a day if you make it, kuma.I meant you did not need comfort or peace of mind since it is me who is heading to the gallows. I then put the situation out in clear terms so as to avoid any misunderstanding. The last part indicates the rest of the game is only going to be harder for you on the condition you live through it. The conditional term is in there because people have the unfortunate habit of dying in this game.

Kanji;2970271']
Teddie;2970261']I know you need comforting, since it is you who is heading the block, but what is confusing? You're lynching an impolite bear. It is so very, very clear and simple right now. Call back in a day if you make it, kuma.
The confusing thing is that there are people in this town called the mafia who are going to use everything in their power to make themselves look innocent and other people look guilty. We (The townspeople) have to decide for ourselves which arguments are from a townie and which are laced with mafia poison. There is no way to be 100% sure short of their role revelation upon their death. It's actually funny how this very confusion is part of what makes this game fun though.

Also can you please clarify the last sentence please? Right now I read it as you are saying that you won't be lynched and I'll die tonight, and thats a distressing thought.
Here is where you express confusion. I get angry again. At this time, I am still the best candidate for the lynch. I did not and do not know if you will die at night since that is something beyond my control. Unless I'm scum and even then I'll be too dead to make you dead too so it's still impossible for me to say for certain whether you will die at night.

Teddie;2970277']

The imbedded explanation which could be easily missed due to the, oh, insults littering the rest of the paragraph.

I have not been very good at keeping the stress in my real life from overflowing into the game. I do realize we have some new players here and I have been very impatient and short with them and everyone. I should not have been as curt and rude as I have been. I sincerely apologize for that much and hope the rest of the game is more enjoyable than I have made it today.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 01:52 AM
shu has got me kinda concerned. A ton of the things he has said have been almost exact duplicates of what I said earlier, but I don't want to attack him because I don't think he's mafia. He could be, but I don't know

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Souji;2970344']As vague as that is okay XD!

Shu care to weight in, I mean you're clearly watching the game from the shadows come join the party!

As much as I would like to I can't seem to make a good guess, being sick doesnt help with finding who's just trying to fool us and whos actually a good guy. Also I just come back now and again to check, I'm trying and failing to multitask. :p
Teddie has been making some good points, I think the original reason I voted against him was for being a bit rude for my liking thus pressing the lynch button. I shall make my vote soon... I hope.

[M] Adama
04-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Day 1 sucks. :(

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 01:57 AM
3 hours remaining in Day 1.

Current votecount.

[M] Mitsuo (5) - [M] Yukiko, [M] Adachi, [M] Namatame, [M] Teddie, [M] Yosuke
[M] Teddie (4) - [M] Mitsuo, [M] Souji, [M] Nanako, [M] Kanji
[M] Daisuke (0) -
[M] Kashiwagi (0) -
[M] Shu (0) -
[M] Namatame (0) -
[M] Kanji (0) -
[M] Naoto (0) -
[M] Hanako (0) -
[M] Tanaka (0) -

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Chie;2970349']Day 1 sucks. :(

agreed

[M] Adama
04-12-2011, 01:59 AM
So are the best options really a jerk and someone who's kind of a creeper? That's not really much to go by.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Chie;2970352']So are the best options really a jerk and someone who's kind of a creeper? That's not really much to go by.

Apparently so. I don't hold anything against them for voting for me, but I would like to say something:
Remember Ulquiorra?
What happened there?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-12-2011, 02:05 AM
We don't have enough to vote for anyone, at this point. It's all gut feelings. I already said why I voted for who I did. I'm still not sure, and I'm still up in the air about because I did think Mitsuo at first, but then I got confused because I was thrown of by Teddie and what he was saying, and how he was saying it... *sighs* I just don't know anymore. I'll hate myself if Teddie is not Mafia but My vote stands :( I'm sorry...

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 02:06 AM
If you are a townie, then you will be with us... in heart.
besides you'll win when we win anyway :D
The options for day 1 as said before, suck. I think I may just vote for someone with 0 votes so I don't kill a poor townie :\

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Day 1 does suck because there really isn't much right now to go by. It's more of just getting to know one another and throwing around accusations with no real basis.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 02:19 AM
maybe it would work better if there was a no vote on day1 rule.... no that would be lame.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Shu;2970357']If you are a townie, then you will be with us... in heart.
The options for day 1 as said before, suck. I think I may just vote for someone with 0 votes so I don't kill a poor townie :\

Or you could vote for teddie to tie us up to make us neither one be lynched

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-12-2011, 02:23 AM
Although there is some logic to it, that would just make day 2 be the same as day 1 only one less person. (because they were killed by the mafia)

[M] Caprica
04-12-2011, 02:25 AM
Mitsuo;2970362']

It would just be sudden death then.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-12-2011, 02:26 AM
OH GOD Mitsuo is going to be lynched ;_; what if he's one of us?! He may be kinda creepy and a bit hasty to get things rolling... GAH I don't know.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Mitsuo;2970362']

What about that sudden death thing (isn't there one)? One of you will die regardless.
Oh and I almost forgot, are you feeling better now?
Gah I just don't know. I like to have a basis for killing someone.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Whoa, my post kind of rolled the two above mine into one. Cool

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-12-2011, 02:30 AM
Well, since Mitsuo is gonna be lynched anyways, what the hell...

-flings used panties at Mitsuo- Enjoy! ^_-

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Now that's just downright creepy.
I should really just vote soon, It's my duty.

[M] Adama
04-12-2011, 02:33 AM
I thought traditional last requests were cigarettes, not panties. :|

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 02:36 AM
This is Kashi we're talking about.
Goodness I'll just go for the tie because I feel equally about both mitsuo and teddie.
##vote: Teddie

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-12-2011, 02:36 AM
He DID ask for them earlier. Were you wanting them, perhaps? ;)

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Looks like the bandwagon has switched to Mitsuo. I hope for the sake of everyone who voted to lynch him he is guilty or you are wasting towns time with a needless lynch.

Again Teddie, why did you claim to be mafia in pig latin? Everything else you've said makes sense now except for that! Care to clarify?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 02:39 AM
If I was to ask for some, it would be from a more expensive prostitute. :jess:

Anyway, one more vote will determine the one who get's lynched. It's anyones game at this point. :eek:

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-12-2011, 02:39 AM
Shu;2970380']This is Kashi we're talking about.
Goodness I'll just go for the tie because I feel equally about both mitsuo and teddie.

A tie? This just won't do. I'm contemplating voting for Mitsuo because I already gave him my panties. :mad:

[M] Adama
04-12-2011, 02:49 AM
I don't like this bandwagonning. Surely not all the votes for either candidate can be justified at this point in the game. Oh, bother. :|

Kashiwagi;2970381']He DID ask for them earlier. Were you wanting them, perhaps? ;)

Not at all. Yuck.

[M] Caprica
04-12-2011, 03:03 AM
Teddie;2970345']
Kanji;2970328']Teddie I must have missed where you explained something to me, and I am sorry I did. Could you please point it out? Because apparently I'm too dumb to notice it myself.
I will try to explain the whole thing and where I went wrong if you think it'll help.

Kanji;2970257']
Souji;2970247']
Kanji;2970243']
']I hope you're not mafia because the crazy person on Day 1 rarely is but until I'm 100% sure you're not vote stays on you.

Right here, Kanji, you have just said the game is already confusing. You are also happy something was explained to you and expressed relief. As a jerk with a rope around my neck I was miffed.
I was referring to the game of mafia as a whole, not just this particular game. See, semantics can make a very big impact on how a post can look.

Teddie;2970345']
Teddie;2970261']I know you need comforting, since it is you who is heading the block, but what is confusing? You're lynching an impolite bear. It is so very, very clear and simple right now. Call back in a day if you make it, kuma.I meant you did not need comfort or peace of mind since it is me who is heading to the gallows. I then put the situation out in clear terms so as to avoid any misunderstanding. The last part indicates the rest of the game is only going to be harder for you on the condition you live through it. The conditional term is in there because people have the unfortunate habit of dying in this game.
As you see in the quote you brought up below, I explained what makes the game of mafia confusing. Because you asked me to.

Teddie;2970345']
Kanji;2970271']

Here is where you express confusion. I get angry again. At this time, I am still the best candidate for the lynch. I did not and do not know if you will die at night since that is something beyond my control. Unless I'm scum and even then I'll be too dead to make you dead too so it's still impossible for me to say for certain whether you will die at night.
I expressed confusion on the last sentence because it felt out of place. I said what it felt like you were saying, the connotation.

Teddie;2970345']
Teddie;2970277']

The imbedded explanation which could be easily missed due to the, oh, insults littering the rest of the paragraph.

I have not been very good at keeping the stress in my real life from overflowing into the game. I do realize we have some new players here and I have been very impatient and short with them and everyone. I should not have been as curt and rude as I have been. I sincerely apologize for that much and hope the rest of the game is more enjoyable than I have made it today.
Yes. When you sandwich an explanation with insults it tends to be missed. It sounded like a threat. It's obvious that people die in mafia.

Also I believe that the confusion decreases as the days go by. There is more evidence to go on about different people, and their actions become more meaningful as more information is revealed. At first we know nothing. By endgame, all the pieces start to come together.

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Right I'm off to bed, my vote stays on Teddie, I'll check back in the morning

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Yeah I'm feeling better thanks for asking. Panties. Woohoo. Exactly what a kid wants for his deathday.

And I'm going to say this one last time, even though you wont beleive me and it may push me over the edge to lynchdom: I have no clue if teddie is good or bad, but he did claim mafia. I am not the enemy of most of you (die mafians)

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 03:10 AM
I think I'm going to sleep now, I may pop in in a while

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Kashiwagi;2970384']
Shu;2970380']This is Kashi we're talking about.

A tie? This just won't do. I'm contemplating voting for Mitsuo because I already gave him my panties. :mad:

you can have your panties back.

[M] Athena
04-12-2011, 03:38 AM
You know when I came back and there were 4 extra pages, I expected something of substances dudes. Ugh.

Teddie should know better than to mess about and make jokes about being mafia. It's not funny, but it's almost obligatory.

Now I could analyze this and find something to jump on, but I won't find that helpful at all.

I'm still sus on Mitsuo. It took a long time to sort that role confusion out, and like has been mentioned, there's been a lot of polite but not very helpful posts. Being loud without saying anything is a good way to hide in plain sight.

My vote stays.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Adachi;2970407']You know when I came back and there were 4 extra pages, I expected something of substances dudes. Ugh.

Teddie should know better than to mess about and make jokes about being mafia. It's not funny, but it's almost obligatory.

Now I could analyze this and find something to jump on, but I won't find that helpful at all.

I'm still sus on Mitsuo. It took a long time to sort that role confusion out, and like has been mentioned, there's been a lot of polite but not very helpful posts. Being loud without saying anything is a good way to hide in plain sight.

My vote stays.

Substance on the first day? Blasphemy!

[M] Athena
04-12-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm not asking for a lot of substance. Obviously there isn't a whole lot to go on. But when you make that many posts, I expect something, y'know?

I don't blaspheme, yo.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Yeah I see where you're coming from, just a whole lotta nothin'.

[M] Colette
04-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Good evening everyone, I know I am late but I have been working all day and just now had a chance to read 7 pages of posts!

Mitsuo, come out of the closet dear, that is no place to hide! You're tie is still askew, if you are not careful, someone is going to give you a new necktie that you are not going to like.

I only have a couple of hours left to sift through what everyone has posted, I feel a bit overwhelmed! I agree this is very frustrating, especially with such a short time to investigate!

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 03:57 AM
[M] Teddie (5) - [M] Mitsuo, [M] Souji, [M] Nanako, [M] Kanji, [M] Shu
[M] Daisuke (0) -
[M] Kashiwagi (0) -
[M] Shu (0) -
[M] Namatame (0) -
[M] Kanji (0) -
[M] Naoto (0) -
[M] Hanako (0) -
[M] Tanaka (0) -

About 20 minutes left. Someone end this bitch.

[M] Colette
04-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Damn! Make that one hour!

[M] Colette
04-12-2011, 03:58 AM
...or 20 minutes :mad:

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 03:59 AM
An hour. My bad.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Your post will decide who will live and who will die, will it be a fellow townie? Or will it be the scum mafia? This is for you to decide.
No pressure though :D

[M] Elize
04-12-2011, 04:02 AM
This is quite a case. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Xm5MUgEQI) On the one hand, we are only on Day1 and w know that someone will most likely be killed tonight by mafia, which makes the idea of accidentally killing an innocent very bad for Inaba, because it means we'll be down two people. On the other hand, not voting means we give the mafia a free pass and a chance to kill while still keeping us one step farther to finding the true threat.

Mitsuo is odd, and overly polite and apologetic.
Adachi is lazy and incompetent though he's quick with his mouth and excuses.
Dojima is authoritative but very reserved
Nanako is very innocent and is against voting to lynch but still has.
Daisuke is very quiet despite being voted for lynching
Shu is quick to change his vote depending on how the situation goes
Teddie is antagonistic
Kanji is playing the fool
Kashiwagi is just... sad...
Namatame is a flirt but quick to join bandwagons
Chie is very inconspicuous
Yukiko is the same as Chie
Souji is very authoritative and very quick to point the finger as well as to laugh it all off
Rise is late
Yosuke is the same as Chie and Yukiko
Deidara is busy making weapons...
Hanako has also been very quiet
and we seem to have three no shows.

I myself have been pretty inactive I'm afraid. I have some speculation on possible suspects but I have no real evidence to support any of it at this point. Will have to wait and see I'm afraid. For me, the three most suspicious people have been the obvious Mitsuo, and Teddie, but I also feel we should look at Souji being quick to get everything started as well as Shu's flip flop nature of who to lynch.

[M] Athena
04-12-2011, 04:03 AM
No pressure Rise. Make a decision you feel comfortable with.

[M] Athena
04-12-2011, 04:04 AM
And then I find there's a couple posts over the page! Geez Adachi, what are you doing with yourself.

Good to see Naoto here. You two can fight amongst yourselves for the final vote if you like. Good luck!

[M] Elize
04-12-2011, 04:05 AM
We should think this through and not make a snap judgment.

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:05 AM
I love roleplaying.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 04:07 AM
Naoto;2970423']This is quite a case. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Xm5MUgEQI) On the one hand, we are only on Day1 and w know that someone will most likely be killed tonight by mafia, which makes the idea of accidentally killing an innocent very bad for Inaba, because it means we'll be down two people. On the other hand, not voting means we give the mafia a free pass and a chance to kill while still keeping us one step farther to finding the true threat.

Mitsuo is odd, and overly polite and apologetic.
Adachi is lazy and incompetent though he's quick with his mouth and excuses.
Dojima is authoritative but very reserved
Nanako is very innocent and is against voting to lynch but still has.
Daisuke is very quiet despite being voted for lynching
Shu is quick to change his vote depending on how the situation goes
Teddie is antagonistic
Kanji is playing the fool
Kashiwagi is just... sad...
Namatame is a flirt but quick to join bandwagons
Chie is very inconspicuous
Yukiko is the same as Chie
Souji is very authoritative and very quick to point the finger as well as to laugh it all off
Rise is late
Yosuke is the same as Chie and Yukiko
Deidara is busy making weapons...
Hanako has also been very quiet
and we seem to have three no shows.

I myself have been pretty inactive I'm afraid. I have some speculation on possible suspects but I have no real evidence to support any of it at this point. Will have to wait and see I'm afraid. For me, the three most suspicious people have been the obvious Mitsuo, and Teddie, but I also feel we should look at Souji being quick to get everything started as well as Shu's flip flop nature of who to lynch.

I can agree with these posts, I knew from the start my indecisive nature would make someone curious, I'll try to be a bit more decisive so I don't get a noose for my birthday.

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Would people have objections if Rise's vote determines the lynch? Gotta get my beauty sleep.

[M] Athena
04-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Igor;2970428']I love roleplaying.

You're giving me the creeps with those eyes of yours.

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:12 AM
It's 'kay, darling.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 04:15 AM
I personally wouldn't have any objections to this, I don't know about the various people who already left though.

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Bless shu!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Shu;2970434']I personally wouldn't have any objections to this, I don't know about the various people who already left though.

even though Im on the chopping block I dont either, it's 10 here and I have to get out of here at 6

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:17 AM
Igor;2970436']Bless shu!

lol very punny

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Shu;2970422']Your post will decide who will live and who will die, will it be a fellow townie? Or will it be the scum mafia? This is for you to decide.
No pressure though :D

Now hang on a second. Are you implying that one of them is definitely mafia? How would you know :p

[M] Helo
##Vote: [M] Shu

Don't want to break the tie.

Got to go, bye.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
Igor;2970436']Bless shu!

Oh puns~
I'm actually quite excited to see who gets lynched, I want to see some mafia scum on a noose before bedtime.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 04:19 AM
I don't know I'm just trying to be optimistic here. Oh bother 1 vote vs. me.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Shu;2970442']
Igor;2970436']Bless shu!

Oh puns~
I'm actually quite excited to see who gets lynched, I want to see some mafia scum on a noose before bedtime.

I do too, but mostly I just wanna go to bed

[M] Mom – Host
Goddamit.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
I've still got about an hour before its even ten here so I got time, gratefully.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Igor;2970445']Goddamit.

language please.

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:21 AM
And I do not being a wrinkly old man.

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:22 AM
40 minutes left, still tied between Mitsuo and Teddie.

[M] Elize
04-12-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm more inclined to vote Shu I'm afraid.
##Vote:[M] Shu

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 04:23 AM
It builds character. We need a vote eventually. D:

[M] Mom – Host
You look like a man.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
Ok what the smurf.

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:24 AM
I mean Naoto.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 04:26 AM
So if it's still undecided it's a sudden death right? Unless a huge landslide of votes all land on me of course.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:26 AM
waitaminute naoto's a girl?

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
04-12-2011, 04:27 AM
If the votes on Shu keep building, it is a good way to make Shu himself change his vote.

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:27 AM
God, it isn't yet. :/

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:28 AM
I know shu is a bandwagon guy, but this is about me and teddie bear, so someone please let me go to sleep!

[M] Colette
Please, everyone, it is a lot of pressure to know that I am the one who will break the tie. I've been trying to use my minutes wisely.

On one hand I have Mitsuo. He's a perv who wants me naked and seems to reside in my closet.

On the other I have Teddie. He (either joked or blatantly bragged) that he was Mafia in a language he might have noped we couldn't disipher. I also find him very annoying.

I know I have to decide so:

##Vote: [M] Teddie

God forgive me if I am wrong!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
That may just happen, I hope to god that it doesn't have to.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:29 AM
thank you Rise now I can go to bed, so Igor was Teddie bear mafia or what?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
And it didn't have to. Sorry Teddie I really hope you're scum.

[M] Mom – Host
No objections? K. Teddie's dead. Flavor coming.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Rise;2970461']Please, everyone, it is a lot of pressure to know that I am the one who will break the tie. I've been trying to use my minutes wisely.

On one hand I have Mitsuo. He's a perv who wants me naked and seems to reside in my closet.

On the other I have Teddie. He (either joked or blatantly bragged) that he was Mafia in a language he might have noped we couldn't disipher. I also find him very annoying.

I know I have to decide so:

##Vote: [M] Teddie

God forgive me if I am wrong!

God forgive all of us if we were wrong

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 04:31 AM
I am freaking the smurf out here. Did we screw up?

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:32 AM
I hope not! (fingers crossed)

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Six votes is majority? Or is time up already :confused:

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 04:33 AM
Teddie was sippin' on a strawbearry smoothie when people came to beary their hatchets in him. Hardly able to bear the news, Teddie lost in a now-holds-bearred duel against a Rebearman.

You got the wron bearson. Teddie was a Skitzo played by Genius Lynx. Thanks for bearing with us! Night action time! Send them in after twelve hours.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 04:35 AM
what the hell is a Skitzo?

Oh crap, is that this game's vanillas?

[M] Mom – Host
04-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Yosuke was in for questioning by Dojima because he was last seen trying to smuggle weapons inside the Electronics Department of Junes.

"Dammit, Yosuke! What the hell were you doing with these weapons?!" Dojima asked as he stared Yosuke in the face.

Yosuke was starting to sweat. He knew it was a bad idea for him to be here with Dojima. He didn't want to say, but he had no choice as his time was up. "Look, you're not going to believe me, but they're coming after me! I've got to hide somewhere!"

Before Dojima could respond, a group of masked men barraged into the room and opened fire immediately taking both out in the process. Such a cruel fate to happen.

Yosuke was a Hider, played by Caboose. Thanks for playing!

Dojima was a Doctor, played by Remon. Thanks for playing!

Day 2 starts now, and it will take 10 votes for a majority. You have 24 hours.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
CRAP

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I can't believe we already lost our doctor.

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Hiders have a knack for hiding behind the wrong person it seems :(

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Do-Dojimo sama! DADDY!?! WHY!?! *sobs uncontrollably*

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 07:43 PM
So hiders can choose to hide behind people? I honestly thought both of these roles were un-night killable

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Nanako;2970796']Do-Dojimo sama! DADDY!?! WHY!?! *sobs uncontrollably*

It'll be alright sweety don't worry, Whatever my name is is on the case!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Nanako;2970796']Do-Dojimo sama! DADDY!?! WHY!?! *sobs uncontrollably*

It'll be alright sweety don't worry, Whatever my name is is on the case!

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Doctors can protect any one player of their choosing. Some mods will not allow a doctor to protect themselves, because it'd be pretty tricky operating on yourself, right? So yes, they can be night killed.

Hiders pick somebody to hide behind. If the hider is targeted, the person they are hiding behind dies instead. If the hider's pick is targeted, both players died. So most likely, Yosuke chose to hide behind Dojima, and Dojima was targeted by a killing role, most likely the mafia, killing them both.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 07:50 PM
But how could the mafia have known who our doctor was?

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Why would they kill daddy?! He did nothing wrong! And Yosuke too? This is the worst ever...

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Nanako;2970803']Why would they kill daddy?! He did nothing wrong! And Yosuke too? This is the worst ever...

They killed your daddy because they knew he was the best guy here, and he would have died to save us. So sorry nanako, I shall raise you in his stead!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 07:54 PM
*Mitsuo has been shot in the head*
with a paint ball

[M] Aaron
04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Mitsuo;2970802']But how could the mafia have known who our doctor was?

Unless they have a Mafia Cop that works in the day time (unlikely given how overpowered such a role would be), they didn't. Just a lucky guess is my bet.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Yukiko;2970821']
Mitsuo;2970802']But how could the mafia have known who our doctor was?

Unless they have a Mafia Cop that works in the day time (unlikely given how overpowered such a role would be), they didn't. Just a lucky guess is my bet.

that would be unfair

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Not a good start at town! Day 2 dawns & 3 town are dead. Not a good start at all at all at all

[M] Mike - Funny Dad
04-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Dojima-san is dead!? I'll get those mafia scum!

I'll avenge your death, my love! <3

[M] Dave – Stepdad
04-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Now we have 3 dead townsmembers and still we're no closer to finding who did it...

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 09:59 PM
We lost a doctor, hider, and skitz in 1 day/night.
We have to catch back up, this isn't good at all.

[M] Caprica
04-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Damn, not Yosuke Senpai! I'll avenge you!

Not exactly Yukiko, the hider hides behind someone else. If they are targeted, nothing happens. But if they hide behind the person who is, then they both will die. He was just unlucky enough to hide behind the wrong person.

Also Mitsuo raising a child is not a pleasant thought.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 10:43 PM
I think he would be a brilliant father
Kinda like this guy.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/davidhorsey/files/library/Fathers-Day-6-18-10-color.jpg

[M] Felix
04-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Right somebody has to breath some life into Day 2 so lets stimulate conversation.

First, I feel like a tool for yet again being drawn in by the Day 1 crazy person. Not to dwell on what exactly the Skitso role actually did, with a name like Skitso his erratic behavior was likely part of his role.

Second, Daisuke's vote for Shu I think is worth looking at. In past games players that cast the deciding vote in tie breakers normally attract a lot of attention from town. Given Daisuke's inactivity thus far I would be inclined to see his throw away vote on Shu in a tie break situation as a deliberate attempt by Daisuke to fly under the radar. Care to explain your vote Daisuke?

Third, some fresh vote explanation would certain stimulate conversation. Mitsuo, Nanako, Kanji, Shu, Rise, care to recap why you voted for Teddie?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Well at first I just thought his rude behavior deserved my vote (I was also band-wagoning), never knew about the skitzo class. The last time I voted for teddie I wanted a tie breaker because I felt equal about both of them.

[M] Caprica
04-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Why I voted for Teddie. It was a bad vote, I let my anger cloud my judgement. I regret it, and will not let it happen again or I'll just have to beat it with my trusty chair.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-12-2011, 11:46 PM
At least I'm not the only one who voted for Teddie for a bad reason. :erm:

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Kanji;2970889']Why I voted for Teddie. It was a bad vote, I let my anger cloud my judgement. I regret it, and will not let it happen again or I'll just have to beat it with my trusty chair.

So you would have ratherd I died!?!??!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 12:13 AM
Is everyone hiding today? This is one dead day 2.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Souji;2970887']Right somebody has to breath some life into Day 2 so lets stimulate conversation.

First, I feel like a tool for yet again being drawn in by the Day 1 crazy person. Not to dwell on what exactly the Skitso role actually did, with a name like Skitso his erratic behavior was likely part of his role.

Second, Daisuke's vote for Shu I think is worth looking at. In past games players that cast the deciding vote in tie breakers normally attract a lot of attention from town. Given Daisuke's inactivity thus far I would be inclined to see his throw away vote on Shu in a tie break situation as a deliberate attempt by Daisuke to fly under the radar. Care to explain your vote Daisuke?

Third, some fresh vote explanation would certain stimulate conversation. Mitsuo, Nanako, Kanji, Shu, Rise, care to recap why you voted for Teddie?
I think it was because Shu was bandwagoning (is that a real word) and then he kept on posting things that were almost exactly like things I had already posted. but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt

[M] Aaron
Day one, I say all of you were just grasping at straws.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
Actually how I see it even if you did die mitsuo, people would probably still suspect Teddie and go after him again today.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Regardless I already admitted to bandwagoning (it's a real word on the interwebs). I never meant to copy you, it was just a coincidence. It's a weird coincidence but still, it was one.

[M] Adama
04-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Hopefully we'll be a bit more selective in our voting today after losing three townies. :(

Hopefully we also get evidence to actually work with though.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Do we have any evidence? nobody has dropped any clues yet, unless Im missing something

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 12:32 AM
You aren't, we may have to be more patient till more people start posting to spike a discussion.

[M] Adama
04-13-2011, 12:33 AM
No, I'm simply hoping we actually get something to work with today in hopes we can more better decisions.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't relish having to vote again, is there anyone who hasn't shown up at all

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
04-13-2011, 12:45 AM
Why did Dojima have to die? Rest in peace, my love.

Now that that's out of the way, it's time for the serious stuff, especially now that we've lost a Doctor who was a fairly active member of the town.
Personally, Mitsuo is still the most suspicious to me. His posts haven't really aided the town and instead I find them quite distacting, though I don't think this is necessarily lynch-worthy at this point in time.
Shu, I also find quite suspicious. You openly admit to bandwagoning, which is pretty much never a good thing. Also, you decide to wait for others to start discussion rather than opening it up yourself. Seems like you might be trying to fade into the background while others come up with your reasoning and then you can just jump on bandwagons, having already done it before. This is all just my thought, of course, and I only have Day One to go on, so maybe I'm wrong.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Namatame;2970924']Why did Dojima have to die? Rest in peace, my love.

Now that that's out of the way, it's time for the serious stuff, especially now that we've lost a Doctor who was a fairly active member of the town.
Personally, Mitsuo is still the most suspicious to me. His posts haven't really aided the town and instead I find them quite distacting, though I don't think this is necessarily lynch-worthy at this point in time.
Shu, I also find quite suspicious. You openly admit to bandwagoning, which is pretty much never a good thing. Also, you decide to wait for others to start discussion rather than opening it up yourself. Seems like you might be trying to fade into the background while others come up with your reasoning and then you can just jump on bandwagons, having already done it before. This is all just my thought, of course, and I only have Day One to go on, so maybe I'm wrong.

Im sorry, Im just social [admittance face]but I don't have anything good to say

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Namatame;2970924']Why did Dojima have to die? Rest in peace, my love.

On day one most options are quite limited anyway, The only time I will fade into the shadows is when I'm busy doing something else. Bandwagoning I shall only do on day 1 because of the lack of any possible evidence.

[M] Caprica
04-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Morooko is the only one I have yet to see. He is pretty much a waste of a vote right now though, because there is no reason to vote for him.

[M] Mom – Host
04-13-2011, 12:59 AM
You guys are Mafia dead fish.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 01:03 AM
I think not. I'm totally one of these.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ecc68ecf970b-300wi

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
04-13-2011, 01:04 AM
##Vote: [M] Igor

:mad2:

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
04-13-2011, 01:04 AM
##Unvote: [M] Igor

Just kidding!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Hmm I wonder what would happen if we all voted for Igor... that would be an interesting turn of events.

[M] Adama
04-13-2011, 01:41 AM
He can't kill us all... can he?

[M] Colette
04-13-2011, 01:55 AM
Souji;2970887']Right somebody has to breath some life into Day 2 so lets stimulate conversation.

Why did I vote for Teddie? Well, I had just come home from work and was frantically trying to catch up on that had previously happened on Day 1. When I finally finished reading everyone's posts I had an hour to investigate and decide. To add to the pressure, Igor announced that my vote would decide the lynch. At the time, it seemed right to choose either Teddie or Mitsuo so we would not end in sudden death. I looked at both characters: Mitsuo is a perv, but being a perv doesn't make you a mobster. I could find nothing else in anyhing he said to be incriminating. Then there was Teddie, who taunted us all with his pig latin messages of being Mafia. I knew that he might not have been Mafia, but at the same time I kept thinking, what if he is hoping we all think he isn't just because he says he is? I kept thinking how sad it would be if we lost it all because he failed to see the clue in front of our faces, because logic would dictate that a Mafia person would not call himself Mafia. In the mean time, while I was trying to logically think this through, the clock was ticking down and everyone was clamoring for me to vote. So I did. I am sorry I was wrong, but at least I tried, and I want to do what's best for the town. I can't dwell on past mistakes, I can only push forward and hope that I do better.

Why

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Shu;2970952']Hmm I wonder what would happen if we all voted for Igor... that would be an interesting turn of events.

Nothing happens, tried this last year

[M] Aaron
04-13-2011, 02:02 AM
My vote goes to Rise for the moment. Maybe you honestly are telling the truth, but it's a common mafia tactic to come in at the last minute, say something like "oh no gotta hurry I'll just leave this vote here for now no time no time!" then never showing up again until it's time to defend themselves.

##Vote: Rise

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 02:08 AM
I had a premonition that Rise was this game's Rukia. But I don't usually trust my premonitions since they get me in trouble. Like that one time at the dance.

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 02:25 AM
I missed Day 1 cause of a bunch of work that came outta nowhere but I'm here now. I've skimmed some already but I get that were down 3 townies? We gotta do better.

[M] Mom – Host
04-13-2011, 02:33 AM
(1) - [M] Rise - [M] Yukiko

Eight 17 hours left, darlings.

[M] Elize
04-13-2011, 02:36 AM
We need to be more careful now that we've lost the doctor. I feel Mitsuo is suspicious with his constant chatter and much like Teddie, I feel he brings unnecessary attention, so if he isn't mafia, chances are they may keep him around to cause more confusion so we all need to focus and not be taken in by odd behavior.

Daisuke is also suspicious, not just because of his vote but also because of his lack of attachment to events transpiring in the game. Shu is also very chatty and tends to hide behind others a lot. Personally, I'm more curious about the people who haven't made any waves yet, such as Chie and Yukiko.

[M] Colette
04-13-2011, 02:42 AM
So because I have to work and because I wanted to contribute, this makes me guilty?

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Theirs so much to sort out so I'm sticking to HARD FACTS (http://www.hardfacts.net/).

What the final votes looked like last night:
[M] Teddie (6) - [M] Mitsuo, [M] Souji, [M] Nanako, [M] Kanji, [M] Shu, [M] Rise
[M] Shu (2) - [M] Daisuke, [M]Naoto

3 stiffs:
[M] Teddie - Skitzo
[M] Yosuke - Hider
[M] Dojima - Doctor

Both Daisuke and Naoto had a chance to break the tie but instead hangup votes on Shu?

Why was Naoto cool with Rise's vote being the tiebreaker when Naoto herself hadn't voted?

Rise goes with the indecipherable language reason when we all know it's pig latin. We weren't going to figure out what elementry students can figure out?

Mitsuo's gotta be a blind cause voting for him is like eating cake, it's too easy to give into.

[M] Colette
04-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Hanako;2969741']Hadashi no kiseki~

Everyone seems to forget Hanako, he made this comment on the first page and hasn't been seen since. Why did he leave town and where did he go?

[M] Mom – Host
04-13-2011, 03:23 AM
Hanako's a girl.

[M] Colette
04-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Oops :(

[M] Athena
04-13-2011, 03:29 AM
Damn, boss, why'd you have to go die on me? I'm not ready to take top job! But I gotta pull it together, for Dojima sama. He would want me to hunt them down and avenge him.

Onto business, dawgs.

We can't point fingers at Rise for having the final vote. Nobody wants that job. Naoto and Daisuke can't really be blamed for voting elsewhere; if they had taken the kill shot, we'd be all over them for "bad reasoning".

As for the Skitzo, that role is in the role flash. Look it up. They have the option of targetting a player and randomly killing them, investigating them, protecting them or nothing. The more you know~

I'm glad to see Morooka here, despite your face :shobon:

Yukkiko, I resent your grasping at straws comment. We all know Day One is a bitch, and you didn't particularly contribute anything. No need to rag on our poor luck.

##Vote: [M] Chie

I'm voting for Chie because she's "been around" the place, but hasn't contributed much a part from "oh no this isn't good we've lost townies :( sob sob". Posting for the sake of posting isn't helping us out. Care to share some thoughts?

I also dislike Mitsuo. Your posts have been erratic and have often stated the incorrect as truths. I think you are trying to mislead the town and I don't trust you.

I see a lot of apologies out of Kanji. Dude, lighten up. Or is there something more you would like to apologise for? Did you kill Dojima sama? I'm not sure, but apologising so much makes you look guilty guilty guilty!

That's all I got for now dawgs. I'll return with more after I continue my investigation.

[M] Helo
04-13-2011, 03:32 AM
Souji;2970887']Second, Daisuke's vote for Shu I think is worth looking at. In past games players that cast the deciding vote in tie breakers normally attract a lot of attention from town. Given Daisuke's inactivity thus far I would be inclined to see his throw away vote on Shu in a tie break situation as a deliberate attempt by Daisuke to fly under the radar. Care to explain your vote Daisuke?

I broke a tie once, and I got away with it all right. Didn't want to have go such scrutiny again.

[M] Adama
04-13-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm not entirely sure what you'd like me to say. I didn't (and still don't) feel comfortable voting or even making accusations without some sort of evidence to base my decisions off of. No one has really given much reason for suspicion since it's still early.

My gut tells me to be wary of Mitsuo and Rise for now. Mitsuo's behavior is... odd to say the least. Rise may present a valid case for being absent, but we can't very well verify that. I like listening to my brain more than my gut though.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 03:40 AM
Rise;2970998']
Hanako;2969741']Hadashi no kiseki~

Everyone seems to forget Hanako, he made this comment on the first page and hasn't been seen since. Why did he leave town and where did he go?

Who knows? Maybe he/she/it's just been really busy. Inactivity IS a strategy but we can't be sure if the inactivity is strategy based.
Personally my eyes have been on rise and mitsuo.
Rise you seem to be getting defensive and even trying to draw attention away from you to Hanako. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but in mafia it's better to think too much than not at all.

[M] Athena
04-13-2011, 03:41 AM
Not wanting to vote makes it seem like you just don't want to be tied to anyone. I can understand your justification though; pressure's on and everyone is tense, yeah? Please try and get some votes out there though, they stimulate discussion pretty darn well.

[M] Athena
04-13-2011, 03:41 AM
My post was directed at Chie btw guys

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Also sorry I was absent I had super-secret-things (boring errands and arguments) to take care of.
And glad you're here to join in funky tooth Morooka.

[M] Caprica
04-13-2011, 03:45 AM
I didn't kill Dojima. But I can't help but regret being one of the contributors to Teddies death. And then I shall use that regret to smash the heads of Dojimas killers, in the name of justice.

I don't like to admit this, but Morooka raises an interesting point. Why was Naoto so cool with letting Rise make the tiebreaker? And voting for someone who it was fairly obvious was not going to get the majority in time with half the town already voting between Teddie and Mitsuo. I would love an explanation.

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Nice to see you too, cabbage breath.

I can accept no one wanting to be the hammer, Adachi, and agree it was a tough call. Thanks for at least stepping up to the plate, Rise.

Chie, on Day 1 almost anything's fair game. Not voting is a sin though, you gotta contribute cause that's all we got if we want to eventually lynch the right people.

Can we all agree that there's at least one scum in the voters for Teddie?

What about the voters for Mitsuo? Who died maybe didn't matter if they both were innocents looking gulty.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Adachi;2971003']Damn, boss, why'd you have to go die on me? I'm not ready to take top job! But I gotta pull it together, for Dojima sama. He would want me to hunt them down and avenge him.

Onto business, dawgs.

We can't point fingers at Rise for having the final vote. Nobody wants that job. Naoto and Daisuke can't really be blamed for voting elsewhere; if they had taken the kill shot, we'd be all over them for "bad reasoning".

As for the Skitzo, that role is in the role flash. Look it up. They have the option of targetting a player and randomly killing them, investigating them, protecting them or nothing. The more you know~

I'm glad to see Morooka here, despite your face :shobon:

Yukkiko, I resent your grasping at straws comment. We all know Day One is a bitch, and you didn't particularly contribute anything. No need to rag on our poor luck.

##Vote: [M] Chie

I'm voting for Chie because she's "been around" the place, but hasn't contributed much a part from "oh no this isn't good we've lost townies :( sob sob". Posting for the sake of posting isn't helping us out. Care to share some thoughts?

I also dislike Mitsuo. Your posts have been erratic and have often stated the incorrect as truths. I think you are trying to mislead the town and I don't trust you.

I see a lot of apologies out of Kanji. Dude, lighten up. Or is there something more you would like to apologise for? Did you kill Dojima sama? I'm not sure, but apologising so much makes you look guilty guilty guilty!

That's all I got for now dawgs. I'll return with more after I continue my investigation.

dont hate me cause Im not well informed. Im just askin questions

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Morooka;2971016']Nice to see you too, cabbage breath.

I can accept no one wanting to be the hammer, Adachi, and agree it was a tough call. Thanks for at least stepping up to the plate, Rise.

Chie, on Day 1 almost anything's fair game. Not voting is a sin though, you gotta contribute cause that's all we got if we want to eventually lynch the right people.

Can we all agree that there's at least one scum in the voters for Teddie?

What about the voters for Mitsuo? Who died maybe didn't matter if they both were innocents looking gulty.
True, I kinda wish I'd not voted at all. I hate day 1

[M] Adama
04-13-2011, 03:52 AM
Perfectly understandable. A vote yesterday would have gone in one of two directions though, a vote directed at Mitsuo/Teddie or a wasted vote for someone else. Voting for either Mitsuo or Teddie would have been either a tiebreaker or a tiemaker depending on when the vote was cast. Voting for someone else would likely just be for the sake of casting a vote. With the way some people play, either of those could potentially be seen as suspicious.

It was clear either Teddie or Mitsuo was going to end up getting lynched, I had no reason to speed that along.

[M] Athena
04-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Morooka;2971016']Can we all agree that there's at least one scum in the voters for Teddie?

I agree with you. It's very likely that there was at least one scum vote on each of them. But I can't help but thinking the mafia sat silent as the town tore itself apart. Paranoid, maybe, but you don't survive on Inaba Police without being paranoid.

I'm not roleclaiming cop. If anyone thinks I'm roleclaiming cop without the text "Hey guys, I'm the cop", I will permaban you.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 03:54 AM
Adachi;2971024']
Morooka;2971016']Can we all agree that there's at least one scum in the voters for Teddie?

I agree with you. It's very likely that there was at least one scum vote on each of them. But I can't help but thinking the mafia sat silent as the town tore itself apart. Paranoid, maybe, but you don't survive on Inaba Police without being paranoid.

I'm not roleclaiming cop. If anyone thinks I'm roleclaiming cop without the text "Hey guys, I'm the cop", I will permaban you.
are you Jiro?

Are you Jiro? - J

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 03:55 AM
Chie;2971022']Perfectly understandable. A vote yesterday would have gone in one of two directions though, a vote directed at Mitsuo/Teddie or a wasted vote for someone else. Voting for either Mitsuo or Teddie would have been either a tiebreaker or a tiemaker depending on when the vote was cast. Voting for someone else would likely just be for the sake of casting a vote. With the way some people play, either of those could potentially be seen as suspicious.

It was clear either Teddie or Mitsuo was going to end up getting lynched, I had no reason to speed that along.

Very true, people are already looking at the participants who threw a random vote on me; voting so late always arouses suspicion. No way around that sadly.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 03:56 AM
jen, thats your regular account

[M] Athena
04-13-2011, 03:56 AM
My real account is irrelevant to this game, however one thing is clear man; do not pretend that Jiro dude is anywhere near as cool as me :colbert: I will permaban you both if you :bou::bou::bou::bou: me off.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 03:57 AM
Adachi;2971031']My real account is irrelevant to this game, however one thing is clear man; do not pretend that Jiro dude is anywhere near as cool as me :colbert: I will permaban you both if you :bou::bou::bou::bou: me off.

lolololol!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Adachi;2971031']My real account is irrelevant to this game, however one thing is clear man; do not pretend that Jiro dude is anywhere near as cool as me :colbert: I will permaban you both if you :bou::bou::bou::bou: me off.

The Inaba police is serious business.

[M] Caprica
04-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Tip: Change the setting of your mafia account to use a different skin. That way you wont accidentally post in the wrong account.

[M] Mom – Host
04-13-2011, 04:01 AM
Mitsuo;2971027'] are you Jiro?

Please don't ask about anyone's identities. That's not how we play around here.

[M] Aaron
04-13-2011, 04:04 AM
Rise;2970981']So because I have to work and because I wanted to contribute, this makes me guilty?

It makes you a person of interest.

Adachi;2971003']Yukkiko, I resent your grasping at straws comment. We all know Day One is a bitch, and you didn't particularly contribute anything. No need to rag on our poor luck.

Oh, all I meant was that nobody could possibly do any better than that. Day one being a bitch and all!

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 04:04 AM
What I'm not so secretly saying is odds are there's a scum in each group.

[M] Mitsuo, [M] Souji, [M] Nanako, [M] Kanji, [M] Shu, [M] Rise
[M] Yukiko, [M] Adachi, [M] Namatame, [M] Teddie, [M] Yosuke

Mitsuo, Souji, Nanako, Kanji, Shu, and Rise make it hard to figure out which. Can we rule out Rise since the scum might've thought who died didn't matter? Mitsuo isn't a top suspect in my vote and also was the first voter, mafia love joining the wagon, not starting one. So I'm looking at Souji, Nanako, Kanji, and Shu as one suspect pool. Anyone agree that this logic is okay? Not great, but alright?

The second pool is easy cause we got two dead guys in it. Yukiko, Adachi, and Namatame are just three names. If we go with my reasoning to let off Mitsuo off the hook for now, then we let Yukiko off it too. So then were down to Adachi and Namatame. I like these odds, but it feels wrong for reasons relating to the actual video game: antagonists as scum? come onnnn.. But it fits as the child of my bigger theory of scum joining in on the big votes of townies, so I'm still selling it.

[M] Adama
04-13-2011, 04:06 AM
If you have two browsers (like anyone that doesn't use IE on a Windows machine does) you could probably use the second browser to avoid further confusion.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Hmm the discussion seems to be dying... that's no good.
Well Im going to go ahead and vote for who I was going to earlier
##vote: Rise

Same reason as before

Rise you seem to be getting defensive and even trying to draw attention away from you to Hanako. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but in mafia it's better to think too much than not at all.

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Yes, I'm aware I'm totally in the clear via my reasoning and that's cause I missed all day yesterday. I'm after the scum hiding in plain sight, not the behind-the-scenes kinda one. There's one of those too, I bet.

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 04:14 AM
These better be long responses you're typing out, guys.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Morooka;2971044']Yes, I'm aware I'm totally in the clear via my reasoning and that's cause I missed all day yesterday. I'm after the scum hiding in plain sight, not the behind-the-scenes kinda one. There's one of those too, I bet.

Never think you're ever totally in the clear. Just assuming that could be a reason I would suspect you.

[M] Aaron
04-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Morooka;2971041']Mitsuo isn't a top suspect in my vote and also was the first voter, mafia love joining the wagon, not starting one.

At the risk of making myself look suspicious, I have to disagree with this logic. As I've said in a previous post, the first vote is a safe vote, especially on day one. It's just an innocent throwaway in any ol' direction, and nobody can predict what will happen afterwards. After all, it's not a bandwagon if it's just you and your lonely self. You join a bandwagon 'cause it's the hip thing to do. Personally, if I noticed somebody casting the first vote on a player several days in a row, I'd be suspicious :p

[M] Anise
04-13-2011, 04:16 AM
Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, guys. I became unavoidably busy and Mafia slipped my mind. Catching up took me forever.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 04:17 AM
Happy to see you here, hopefully it wasn't too overwhelming. Not like much happened yesterday. (aside from the triple townie death I mean)

[M] Caprica
04-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Every time I see Kou I think he's Minato from Persona 3. (The character in Jiro's avatar for those who are poor deprived souls.)

[M] Anise
04-13-2011, 04:19 AM
Yeah, that was a little shocking. :(

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 04:24 AM
So how much time is there? I've gotta go soon and wont be back till like 3pm my time tommorow (It's 9:24pm here at the moment)

[M] Mom – Host
04-13-2011, 04:26 AM
About 15 hours remain in Day 2.

Current votecount.

[M] Rise (2) - [M] Yukiko, [M] Shu
[M] Chie (1) - [M] Adachi

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
04-13-2011, 04:28 AM
Bleh, okay thank you for the info. I'm sticking with my vote even after I go, hopefully I don't miss TOO much.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
04-13-2011, 04:36 AM
bed time, I'll try to make a post before my feild trip, otherwise I may not be back until about 6 tommorow. Goodnight! Sleeptight! Squish the mafia before they bite!

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Shu;2971048']
Morooka;2971044']Yes, I'm aware I'm totally in the clear via my reasoning and that's cause I missed all day yesterday. I'm after the scum hiding in plain sight, not the behind-the-scenes kinda one. There's one of those too, I bet.

Never think you're ever totally in the clear. Just assuming that could be a reason I would suspect you.I meant by me and only me. Your deductions are your own.

Yukiko;2971049']
Morooka;2971041']Mitsuo isn't a top suspect in my vote and also was the first voter, mafia love joining the wagon, not starting one.

At the risk of making myself look suspicious, I have to disagree with this logic. As I've said in a previous post, the first vote is a safe vote, especially on day one. It's just an innocent throwaway in any ol' direction, and nobody can predict what will happen afterwards. After all, it's not a bandwagon if it's just you and your lonely self. You join a bandwagon 'cause it's the hip thing to do. Personally, if I noticed somebody casting the first vote on a player several days in a row, I'd be suspicious :p
I'm happy to include you and Mitsuo in the suspect pools though I think scum are more likely to join a vote. By your idea of a safe vote, you're painting yourself a pretty big target, Yukiko. Mitsuo didn't start on Teddie until page 3 and he already had two votes on him by non-Teddie characters.

[M] Aaron
04-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Yeah, I was afraid of that, but I don't want us to completely overlook a member of the mafia because of something so simple :onoes:

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 04:50 AM
Souji, Nanako, Kanji, and Shu are all my suspects for being Scum 1. I'm still not convinced Mitsuo has acted badly enough to be good enough to make my list.

Yukiko, Adachi, and Namatame are my suspects for Scum 2. Yukiko has been nice enough to point out she's done exactly what she's said a scum could/would do. Ploy or just honesty? Sorry, Amagi, for turning this around on you.

After I go to bed tonight, I'll be around again just before I head off to work in seven to eight hours. I've made my suspicions clear enough so where does everyone else stand?

[M] Adama
04-13-2011, 04:56 AM
This reminds me of the duel of wits between Vizzini and Westley in The Princess Bride. Really, it can go either way if you think the mafia members are clever men or great fools.

[M] Caprica
04-13-2011, 05:02 AM
I agree with Yukiko. Let's make it as hard as possible for the mafia to hide. If we overlook things then we lose.

I was thinking about the strategy you are using though and one thing worries me. Half the town had a vote on either Teddie or Mitsuo. Killing everyone certainly will get one or two mafia members at least, possibly even more. But it will cripple the town at the same time. Assume that any two random members on that vote are mafia. thats two mafia down but nine town members! There has to be more to your strategy than killing everyone.

I highly doubt that you are going to risk crippling the town Morooka, but if I didn't say this I couldn't live with myself. It has nothing to do with the fact I'm one of your suspects.

[M] Adama
04-13-2011, 05:13 AM
At this point we should all be pretty wary of everyone, but we must think logically if we're to sniff out the mafia from behind their tricks. Or anymore distractions in case there is some other skitzo type role in play.

There very well may be scum in either voting party from yesterday. I think it's still too early for a good guess, so I'll go with a not so good one. Something about Mitsuo's actions just don't sit right with me right now, as much as I hate to cast judgement without some solid evidence.

##Vote: [M] Mitsuo

[M] Gaius
04-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Sorry, still not in bed yet.

Kanji, I have 7 suspects. Even if we had to kill every single one of them, that's 5 townies and 2 scum. That is on the extreme edge of things and I can't see it happening.

The odds for Scum 1 is 1/4. The odds for Scum 2 is 1/3. That's the math if we do this randomly, but we can always examine the suspects closer to find the best candidates.

[M] Athena
04-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Morooka;2971041']Anyone agree that this logic is okay? Not great, but alright?

I don't like being a suspect, but I can't fault your logic Morooka. Still, I think ruling Mitsuo out as a suspect isn't ideal. He might not be your top suspect, but he's one of mine.

Keep up the good work though, dawg. You've got some real good points here, I'll try and respond to them all when I've got more free time.