PDA

View Full Version : Did Ventus figure out that Terra, Aqua, and Eraqus were oppressing him?

SuperMillionaire
04-11-2011, 03:24 PM
When Ventus asked why he was never allowed to leave home, they said that it's because they were just looking out for him, even though they knew he could handle himself quite well. But alas, there was something that they were not telling him. It was for his own good, but they also hid something from him. He ended up finding out the truth from Xehanort: the real reason why he was never allowed to leave home was because of the creation of the X-Blade. The X-Blade is created when a heart of pure light and a heart of pure darkness intersect, with both being equal in power, and can only be created if those two hearts fight. Vanitas spread the Unversed across the universe for Ventus to fight and get stronger, so that he can absorb his power and wield the X-Blade. Ventus was very concerned about Terra falling under the posession of darkness, not knowning that he, too, would also fall under the possession of darkness, by being forced to fuse with Vanitas.

With all that said, is it possible that Ventus may have figured out that Terra and Aqua were oppressing him by not telling him the truth? I have a strong feeling that the reason why they withheld the truth from him was to protect his feelings; had they told him the real truth, he might have gotten the impression that they were purposely trying to keep him weak, and if he got that impression, he might turn on them. Thus, they decided that the best thing to do was to not tell him the whole truth, and hope that he doesn't figure out that they are oppressing him. Of course, could it still be possible that Ventus figured out that they were oppressing him before he found out the real truth from Xehanort?

Hollycat
04-11-2011, 05:01 PM
You need to spoiler that whole thing, this game is less than a year old

qwertysaur
04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Terra, Aqua and Eraqus had no idea about Xehanort's plan to forge the χ-Blade.

Fynn
04-11-2011, 07:01 PM
How did you type "ki"?! :eek:

Ouch!
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
As qwerty has already mentioned, nobody knew that Master Xehanort planned to forge the χ-Blade. If anything, they were over-protective due to the state in which Master Xehanort left Ventus in Eraqus's care. When he arrived in the Land of Departure, Ventus's heart was only barely mended from coming into contact with Sora's newborn heart; they would have been careful of Ventus leaving because of his fragility.

That said, I do not think being confined to the Land of Departure was particularly uncommon; it does not seem that either Terra or Aqua had left before either; they were allowed to leave for the same reason that they were allowed to take the Mark of Mastery examination when Ventus was not: they were older, more experienced, and possessed more advanced training.

Sword
04-21-2011, 02:11 PM
As qwerty has already mentioned, nobody knew that Master Xehanort planned to forge the χ-Blade. If anything, they were over-protective due to the state in which Master Xehanort left Ventus in Eraqus's care. When he arrived in the Land of Departure, Ventus's heart was only barely mended from coming into contact with Sora's newborn heart; they would have been careful of Ventus leaving because of his fragility.

Sora? You mean Vanitas right?

Hollycat
04-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Sora? You mean Vanitas right?

No, he means Sora's. Remember the first cutscene at destiny islands? Vanitas may have passed on the power to weild the keyblade at that point.

Sword
04-22-2011, 08:47 PM
You mean when Xehanort was going to leave Ventus on the Destiny Islands? I'm still not understanding what he means. I'll take a look at the KH wiki....

EDIT: Ok I see now. Those words that Ventus was speaking to at the start are supposed to be Sora. I never knew that.

qwertysaur
04-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Also it's heavily hinted that the words you see during the Dive to the heart in the first kingdom Hearts game is Ventus speaking to Sora.