PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4 anime series CONFIRMED!

Jessweeee♪
04-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Confirmed: A Persona 4 anime series is in the works- Destructoid (http://www.destructoid.com/confirmed-a-persona-4-anime-series-is-in-the-works-198615.phtml)
ƒyƒ‹ƒ\ƒi‚SƒAƒjƒ[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“ ŒöŽ®ƒTƒCƒg (http://www.p4a.jp/index.html)
Trailer! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Vav3Lq2-g)

I AM SO EXCITED.

Agent Proto
04-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Aww shoot. The protagonist's name is not Souji Seti. :(

Jessweeee♪
04-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I like Souji Seta better than the name picked for the anime, but maybe it sounds really dumb to native Japanese speakers xD

qwertysaur
04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
This is wonderful news. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Jessweeee♪
04-12-2011, 02:21 AM
WAIT I GET IT NOW. His name is Yu. Pronounced like the word "you." 'Cause he's you!

Unbreakable Will
04-12-2011, 05:03 AM
At the risk of being crucified, what is this series about? :choc:

Jessweeee♪
04-12-2011, 05:55 AM
Well they all have different plots for the most part, but in Persona 4, you jump into a TV at not-Walmart to solve murders by beating up infants, technicolor strippers, and disco eyeballs. And the best part is I'm not even making that up!

But yeah the version that makes sense:
People end up dead hanging from antennae, power lines, or telephone poles, and you and your classmates are the only ones who can prevent more murders from happening because the murder weapon is inside everybody's TV.

Fynn
04-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Souji does sort of mean house cleaning...

I wonder if it'll have new music or reuse the game's OST...

Jiro
04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
See this is awesome. I should get this as soon as possible and not be a wimp. All the cool :bou::bou::bou::bou: without having to actually do anything. I HOPE THEY INCLUDE SOCIAL LINKS

qwertysaur
04-12-2011, 10:28 AM
See this is awesome. I should get this as soon as possible and not be a wimp. All the cool :bou::bou::bou::bou: without having to actually do anything. I HOPE THEY INCLUDE SOCIAL LINKS
Considering how Social Links are the key to the growth of Persona pretty much they have to. :p

If they include the remix of burn my dread in club escapade I'll squee. :bigsmile:

Unbreakable Will
04-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Well they all have different plots for the most part, but in Persona 4, you jump into a TV at not-Walmart to solve murders by beating up infants, technicolor strippers, and disco eyeballs. And the best part is I'm not even making that up!

People end up dead hanging from antennae, power lines, or telephone poles, and you and your classmates are the only ones who can prevent more murders from happening because the murder weapon is inside everybody's TV.
That is amazing and I'm definately going to give it a watch! :D

Remon
04-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Awwwww yeaaaaaaah!

theundeadhero
04-12-2011, 04:03 PM
What could be better than beating up technicolor strippers!?

I'll be dreadfully disappointed if they don't max all the social links so that all the girls fall in love with Yu.

qwertysaur
04-12-2011, 05:30 PM
I just noticed the date the announcement was made. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Jessweeee♪
04-12-2011, 05:42 PM

That is amazing and I'm definately going to give it a watch! :D

It's on the PS2 if you ever wanna play it! There's also a partial manga adaptation. Not really sure what happened with that.

I just noticed the date the announcement was made. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Aaaaah!!!

Hollycat
04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
What could be better than beating up technicolor strippers!?

I'll be dreadfully disappointed if they don't max all the social links so that all the girls fall in love with Yu.

beating up 3d technicolor strippers

Jessweeee♪
04-15-2011, 05:26 PM
ƒ}ƒˆƒiƒJƒeƒŒƒriTVƒAƒjƒ[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“uƒyƒ‹ƒ\ƒi4vj (http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/)

Someone got sucked in!

Jiro
04-15-2011, 05:47 PM
I touched my monitor, expecting to feel some kind of strange pull.

I was sad that it didn't work :( I guess almost 3am is too late :monster:

qwertysaur
04-15-2011, 05:52 PM
I touched my monitor, expecting to feel some kind of strange pull.

I was sad that it didn't work :( I guess almost 3am is too late :monster:
You forgot the proper eyewear. :p

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Bitching! Though I would still prefer an anime based off P2 or P3 instead (instead of that Trinity Soul shenanigans) but at least I still have the manga. Beyond that, this great news, I just hope it actually gets brought out of Japan. I mean as popular as it has been, you would think one of the mangas would have been brought over here by now. :argh:

black orb
04-15-2011, 08:21 PM
>>> I hope it doesnt suck, from what I have seen so far all the anime series based on videogames are pretty lame..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
04-15-2011, 08:26 PM
A set-up like this definitely has the potential to suck. You could make a million "unique" characters and drag it on and on and on. But I think that if it's a faithful adaptation it should be fine.

black orb
04-15-2011, 08:52 PM
>>> Man, just remebering all those horrible animes make me cringe..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
04-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Worst case scenario it's as bad as Persona Trinity. Which wasn't too bad.

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2011, 02:01 AM
ƒ}ƒˆƒiƒJƒeƒŒƒriTVƒAƒjƒ[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“uƒyƒ‹ƒ\ƒi4vj (http://www.mayonaka-tv.jp/)

Trailer up! I read that the video shown is supposed to change every couple of days or so, so keep checking it!

Jessweeee♪
05-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Kanji's turn! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ro6V-8rxAc)

And if Google Translate is any good, we now have a premiere date: October 2011. Hopefully this won't turn out like the manga where the fan translation comes to a grinding halt after just a few chapters.

Agent Proto
05-18-2011, 03:21 AM
This is unBEARable! I want to see this NOW!!!!! :argh:

Polnareff
05-18-2011, 03:40 AM
At the risk of being crucified, what is this series about? :choc:

It's based off a game called Persona 4.

Persona itself is a spinoff of Shin Megami Tensei.

In Persona 4's case there were a whole bunch of unsolved murders that the main characters have to solve. They each have these beings called Personas that help them in battle.

The fourth game has some awesome characters too, like Chie, Kanji, and Teddie. :jess:

But HOLY SMURF YES PERSONA 4 ANIME BUT WAIT WHY WASN'T THIS DONE A COUPLE YEARS AGO INSTEAD OF NOW?! >=/

Remon
05-20-2011, 12:36 PM
I can't wait to watch Rise's part :hyper:.