PDA

View Full Version : Save!

Jiro
04-12-2011, 03:21 PM
What's your favourite save point?

qwertysaur
04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
:save:
I like the customized tents for the party leaders.

Also it trolls you in Chrono Trigger :bigsmile:

FF IX has a good one too. :p

Mo-Nercy
04-12-2011, 03:32 PM
A moogle pulling a save journal out of it's arse is a definite win.

charliepanayi
04-12-2011, 04:01 PM
It's clearly the moogles in FFIX. I'm sharpening my knife kupo...

TrollHunter
04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
I don't really have a favorite, I know that the ffx/x-2 save points are boring though.

VeloZer0
04-13-2011, 01:09 AM
I like the FF7 ones. They are clearly bad ass enough to not care in the least about breaking the fourth wall.

Freya
04-13-2011, 03:14 AM
KUPO!

G13
04-13-2011, 04:31 AM
A moogle pulling a save journal out of it's arse is a definite win.

hahaha I never thought of it like that.

I would say the world map save for IX is my favorite. A lot of detail put into that, like how pissy he gets if you call him multiple times without saving.

XII's is pretty cool too.

Jiro
04-13-2011, 05:52 AM
A talking and jumping ? is pretty awesome by the way.

Wolf Kanno
04-13-2011, 08:33 AM
While the customized tents in VI were cool, and I like the fact that IV explains why save points are protected, nothing in the series has really beaten the moogles from IX. :mog:

MJN SEIFER
04-13-2011, 10:44 AM
While the customized tents in VI were cool, and I like the fact that IV explains why save points are protected, nothing in the series has really beaten the moogles from IX. :mog:

Moogles on IX were more interesting, since you had things like Mognet and the like. I also like VII's Question Mark, as it was the first one I saw, and I'll always remember how "WTF?" I was when I saw one jumping around Beginer's Hall.

Also, I did a similar thread to this years ago (it's too old to be revived), I would advice doing what I did, and giving a slight description of the Save Points, so people aren't all like "Oh, so which one was that again?!" (I for example have trouble remembering what FF - FFV's save points looked like).

Loony BoB
04-13-2011, 12:20 PM
FFIX, even though I've only seen it very few times since I've not yet played through the game. I'm saving it for after I complete FFII.

I liked FFVII's save point as well, because it was obvious.

Jiro
04-13-2011, 12:20 PM
I have no idea what half of them look like either :shobon:

I was hoping this thread would help me find out!

Elpizo
04-13-2011, 02:29 PM
The only correct answer here is IX, kupo.

Jiro
04-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Overwhelming support for the moogles! I suppose having them as living breathing creatures was kind of awesome.

Depression Moon
04-13-2011, 11:36 PM

VI had other save points besides the sparkly lights?

Rostum
04-14-2011, 03:36 AM
Absolutely loved the moogles and their books from IX.

Jiro
04-14-2011, 04:01 AM

VI had other save points besides the sparkly lights?

The sparkle was the only save point, but everyone is talking about using tents on them, which are customised depending on your lead character.

The Man
04-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Anyone who did not vote for the moogles is objectively wrong.

Mercen-X
04-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Just last night, I was playing Final Fantasy VII again and there was save glitch... I had left the game on for about an hour after saving and the icon was still in the save menu. I came back later and noticed that when I moved Cloud away from the Save Point, I could save anywhere in the room. This worked until I stepped on the Save Point again, then the option disappeared. I'm planning to upload video to Youtube if this is a first.

I was really relieved to find that this did not affect my ability to save elsewhere or load my future games. I even went back and loaded my game from where I saved in the middle of the room. Yes. Cloud appeared in the middle of the room... nowhere near the Save Point. I geeked.

This isn't the first time I've experienced a glitch while playing an older game on my PS2. I have a save for Final Fantasy IV on PlayStation memory card. When I load it up, I find Cecil as a Paladin in a Save Cave... but when I try to leave the room, the game freezes. I'm thinking that I needed to bust out my old PlayStation to get out of this room.

LunarWeaver
04-16-2011, 10:09 PM
XIII's saves my lazy ass from running around. That's right, I'd rather just shop at random floating robots and save at the same time. Judge all you like!