PDA

View Full Version : Relm & Shadow

Depression Moon
04-15-2011, 02:40 AM
I'm playing through this game again as I have little else to play and I'm back to the World of Ruin. A few things that i had never gotten before were Relm, Strago, and Shadow. I figured I could get Strago if I got Relm, but I'm clueless as to how to get Relm. I found her in the cave and took her back home, but after I slept like Celes suggested i went back to the house to find her missing. The first time I played I think she was always there, but I just couldn't get her out of the bed. Now she's disappeared and Interceptor's running about. I looked all over town and she isn't anywhere to be found.

Where the heck is she? Also where do I find Shadow?

ljkkjlcm9
04-15-2011, 03:03 AM
I'm playing through this game again as I have little else to play and I'm back to the World of Ruin. A few things that i had never gotten before were Relm, Strago, and Shadow. I figured I could get Strago if I got Relm, but I'm clueless as to how to get Relm. I found her in the cave and took her back home, but after I slept like Celes suggested i went back to the house to find her missing. The first time I played I think she was always there, but I just couldn't get her out of the bed. Now she's disappeared and Interceptor's running about. I looked all over town and she isn't anywhere to be found.

Where the heck is she? Also where do I find Shadow?

Well if you found her in the cave, I'm guessing you didn't wait for Shadow at the floating continent, because he is supposed to be in the cave. Relm however can be found in Jidoor for you now, in the big mansion at the back. Then you need to give her the fake mustache accessory in your party to get Strago.

THE JACKEL

Hollycat
04-15-2011, 04:14 AM
You can't get shadow on this playthrough sorry. Relm is in the rich guys house doin some artwork.
You may want to pull a Marick on this playthrough

qwertysaur
04-15-2011, 04:45 AM
You don't need the fake mustache to get Strago. You just need Relm in your party.

Relm is now in Jidoor. You have to fight the boss Chadernook and afterwords she will join your party and you get the esper Lakshmi/Starlet.

Since you didn't wait for shadow he is lost forever.

Depression Moon
04-15-2011, 07:56 PM
What? The game never said I was supposed to wait for him, it told me to do the opposite both times. I had actually did let the clock run to 0 one time on accident but all that happened was just a Game Over. Ugh, now I remember why I disliked this game. It has some great things about it but too many big things that just seems to go out of the way to antagonize you.

Roogle
04-15-2011, 08:36 PM
I believe you need to examine the edge of the Floating Continent and choose to wait for Shadow before you make your escape. The countdown will continue into the single digits and he will appear before you get a Game Over and events will continue normally.

Wolf Kanno
04-15-2011, 09:59 PM
What? The game never said I was supposed to wait for him, it told me to do the opposite both times. I had actually did let the clock run to 0 one time on accident but all that happened was just a Game Over. Ugh, now I remember why I disliked this game. It has some great things about but too many big things that just seems to go out of the way to antagonize you.

Welcome to gaming in the mid-90s. They never told you anything, and you had to try different things to get different results, which is why I still laugh when people bitch about the Zodiac Spear cause that use to be the norm in RPGs.

Anyway... When you reach the end of the Floating Continent and are asked to board the BlackJack, you have to refuse until the option "No, we have to wait for Shadow" appears. Only then does the he appear to save your ass again. :ffvishock:

blackmage_nuke
04-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Off topic but does anyone know what happens if you go to owsers mansion before finding her in the cave?

Depression Moon
04-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Eff this game. I just walked into a random battle and instantly got Game Over due to Doom. It's like the Joker's Doom all over again.

Wolf Kanno
04-28-2011, 05:02 AM
You really seem to have the worst luck with this game.

Hollycat
04-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Off topic but does anyone know what happens if you go to owsers mansion before finding her in the cave?

nothing happens, you can't go to the fighting part of the mansion if you haven't yet rescued Relm.