PDA

View Full Version : Slp

Rantz
04-17-2011, 05:16 AM
I normally never have trouble sleeping - I sleep like a baby all through the night - but since returning from the States, my sleep schedule has been all kinds of messed up. Yesterday I slept until 3pm, and tonight I got two hours of sleep before waking up with no more sleep in sight. Eventually I gave up trying and decided to watch the sunrise instead (not an altogether bad experience).

How do you sleep at night?

Jessweeee♪
04-17-2011, 05:38 AM
I can usually fall asleep within 20 minutes of laying down. If I'm under too much stress I'll wake up in the middle of the night in a weird state of mind like "I can't fall alseep until I finish this puzzle" only the puzzle is me and I'm not in pieces or anything so I say to my brain "look I don't even know how to go about this. I'd look up a guide on the internet, but I don't want to wake up my boyfriend, so just give it a rest." But I'm still not "solved" so I can't sleep until I'm awake enough to realize I'm not actually a puzzle.

qwertysaur
04-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Rantzien, that's just jet lag. :p

Your brain is interesting Jessweeee♪ :p

I sleep when I feel tired, and sometimes I'll nap during the day and not go to bed until 4 AM. :bigsmile:

Jiro
04-17-2011, 06:06 AM
The past two weeks I've been living on British time. I think I'm finally back in Aus now though.

Unbreakable Will
04-17-2011, 07:50 AM
I rarely sleep these days, too much to worry about and do and so little time. Although my sleep schedule is relatively the same as when I'm going through my yearly fits of insomnia, I've had bouts of it off and on since I can remember.

NorthernChaosGod
04-17-2011, 11:08 AM
I lay down and am asleep withing 20 minutes. I get tired as fuck.

Citizen Bleys
04-17-2011, 07:12 PM
Two words: Rye whisky.

Shaibana
04-17-2011, 07:32 PM
i dont think it takes me all to long to fall asleep..
But on school-days i always wake up somewhere around 2-3 o'clock, and after that about 10min-1hour before my alarm goes off...

i guess thats a side affect of that horrible alarm sound i used to have :P but now i have a ipod-doc so i wake up with a soft song =) and thats a real pleasure!!

If i dont expect the alarm, than i wont hear it (quickly)..
just like 2 days ago, i forgot to put my alarm off, and in my dream i heard the sounds and woke up.. when i looked at the clock it seemed it was already ringing for 2 min :o

LunarWeaver
04-17-2011, 08:25 PM
If you ever took my "Use drugs for everything" advice, all your problems would go away.

Iceglow
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Sleep is for the weak, theres plenty of time for that when you're dead and until I'm dead I intend to spend as much of my life as possible awake.

Ok so slight exaggeration above. I don't sleep well. I have regular bouts of insomnia coupled with regular bouts of what I can describe only as mild narcolepsy as a result of the insomnia. I will be awake for days on end and then have 2 - 4 hours and rinse and repeat and at other times I will crash out all the time, stop working/doing stuff for a second and *bang* lights out, sleeping 20 hours a day isn't a surprise to me during one of these phases. It's due to chemical imbalances due to overactive adrenal glands or so I'm told basically one of the reasons I'm so hyped up most of the time is because I am on a constant adrenaline rush though it's mild as hell otherwise I suspect my body would constantly shiver and shake.

Rye
04-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Since going on medication for anxiety, I have almost no sleeping problems ever. When I do, I take ambien and then I have wonderful trippy dreams.

xXsarahXx
04-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Morphine is my friend.
I have to take it to make the pain go away in my bad leg. My god does it help you sleep!

Shaibana
04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
im sort of 'against' medication (if it comes to verry minor cases)..
Headache? itll go away -.-

i remember in previous classes where all the girls had standart asperines in theyre purse..
Omfg.. and at the most minor pain ... Hopaaa.. lets take a freaking asperine -.-
that just cant be healthy....
havent taken an aspirine of whatsoever in .... 10 years?

Loony BoB
04-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I sleep for about 6-7 hours per night - probably closer to six than seven - so I'm always tired. :p

Peegee
04-18-2011, 05:36 PM
I roll around for a bit until I relax. Then I pass out and go 'OMG WHERE AM I' a moment later, realizing it has been 7 hours.

Every single night.

Bunny
04-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I get around 5-7 hours a sleep a night and all of it is pretty terrible. I am very bad at sleeping; I was not built for it.

crono_logical
04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
My sleep pattern is haywire lately :p

NorthernChaosGod
04-18-2011, 10:00 PM
I slept for 9 hours last night and it was fucking amazing. :bigsmile:

Peegee
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
I slept for 9 hours last night and it was smurfing amazing. :bigsmile:

So jelly.

Raistlin
04-19-2011, 12:40 AM
I've always had trouble getting to sleep, but once asleep I usually slept decently. But I was getting less and less sleep last semester through the first part of this semester, so I talked to a doctor about sleeping pills. The only thing that works for me is a high dose of one prescription med, and that really makes me sleep -- to the point that if I don't get 9 hours of sleep, I wake up really, really tired. So I try to cut it back during the week when I often can't afford to do nothing for 9 hours. But if I can sleep in, I feel great.

On days I don't take the meds, I get maybe 4-5 hours of sleep and wake up tired as usual.

Clo
04-19-2011, 01:00 AM
Boning. Boning helps me sleep.

Laddy
04-20-2011, 07:16 AM
I never sleep. That would just be rude.