PDA

View Full Version : CopyPasteDUH!

Baloki
04-17-2011, 11:12 AM
So it looks like the UK government is still employing seagulls to manage their secuirty, seriously who thought setting the background colour to the same as the foreground colour on highly sensitive material posted to the public domain was a good idea, <table bgcolor="#000000"><tr><td>those pesky public, their like Shin-ra always getting in the way of the governments best laid plans...</td></tr></table>

The Ministry of Defence has admitted that secret information about the UK's nuclear powered submarines was made available on the internet by mistake.

A technical error meant blacked-out parts of an online MoD report could be read by pasting into another document.

Details were reported to include expert opinion on how well the fleet could cope with a catastrophic accident.

Read more... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13107413)

So, what do you do to keep your documents, files and such secure? And how do you secure yourself when browsing the web against all those fishermen-in-the-middle attacks and trojan horse attacks and such?

DMKA
04-17-2011, 06:47 PM
I keep them in the folder with my INFO ON THE HERB TARRAGON and other writings about my stupid LIFE!!!!!!

Citizen Bleys
04-17-2011, 07:10 PM
Sounds like the Queen has hired NISA (http://www.cbc.ca/insecurity/) to replace the SIS.

Peegee
04-18-2011, 03:22 AM
are you kidding me? the stuff is clearly visible. I don't care who knows what I have.

Jiro
04-18-2011, 03:06 PM
I keep fucking hard copies of important things. I use a paper based filing system. You kids wouldn't understand.

DMKA
04-18-2011, 05:34 PM
I keep smurfing hard copies of important things. I use a paper based filing system. You kids wouldn't understand.

I throw everything physical away and keep anything important on an external drive.

Why? Because, like you, I too used to keep hard copies of stuff, but I've ended up losing all of it, whereas I still have every single drive I've ever owned. If not for said drives, every last piece of my tax and employment records would be gone. :p

There's no full-proof way of doing it though, so it's best to have as many forms as possible to be safe.

Jiro
04-19-2011, 04:14 AM
To be honest, I'd do the same as you. I just have this problem where my family decides to touch my fucking stuff and always break it. Oh hey you've got important stuff on this hard drive oh whoops dropped it.

At least they haven't tried to burn down my filing cabinet yet.