PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

Carl the Llama
04-19-2011, 09:29 PM
I was just browsing the reviews section of FFVI on the GameFAQs website and noticed there was a new review on there and the username was SilentEnigmaA... he (or she) gave it a really negative review and I was surprised what I hold as a great final fantasy was decimated by this guy, I just wanted to know what your thoughts of this review are... and I also wanted to know if silent enigma on this site are the same person lol.

linkage: Final Fantasy VI Review for PlayStation: Whats the big deal? - GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/562865-final-fantasy-vi/reviews/review-146235)

Discuss.

Wolf Kanno
04-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Considering how much he brings up FFVII, I get the feeling he's a disgruntled VII fan who is just fed up with VI fans bad mouthing what he felt was a superior game. especially when you read his story/graphics review and then its obvious he's just nerd raging cause he's fed up with VI fans.

Honestly, this is just pathetic.

blackmage_nuke
04-20-2011, 05:10 AM
in this game you could probably complete the game alone with a decent powered up GauYou could beat most of the recent ff's with a decent powered up anyone

a group of people determined to stop the wrongdoing and then all of a sudden they change their mind and are "meh, I don't care what happens to the world, sure I have the ability to do something about it but who cares if the other people around me are suffering... I just cba"
He doesnt seem to be aware that two years pass between events. Thats not sudden

And I agree with wolf it does just sound like nerd rage.

Carl the Llama
04-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Considering how much he brings up FFVII, I get the feeling he's a disgruntled VII fan who is just fed up with VI fans bad mouthing what he felt was a superior game. especially when you read his story/graphics review and then its obvious he's just nerd raging cause he's fed up with VI fans.

Honestly, this is just pathetic.

The same thought did cross my mind but in all honesty, I cba to do enough research but I was surprised that he mentioned the fact that "I have seen one reviewer slam FFVII for its graphics then go on to say that the graphics for this game are amazing, the very same reviewer said this" not that I agree that the graphics were bad, I personally think they were great for the SNES but if someone out there really did say that VII's graphics were crap then go on to say that the graphics of VI were great I can sorta see why he sounds so angry.

Wolf Kanno
04-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I feel Graphically, VI has aged better in some places than VII did, specifically with the sprites/character models, course it doesn't change that Mana and CT still look better IMHO. On the other hand, the VI fanboy is smoking crack cause most of the backgrounds in VII are still gorgeous to look at. So if both reviews were up to me, I would have been more specific about this and probably mention more of a "in their time".

Personally, I find my favorite hateful review of VI on Gamefaqs was when someone accused it of being a rip-off of BoF1 and yet never actually specifies why. The only thing the two games have in common story-wise was that both feature an evil empire and that plot theme is older than dirt. It was amusing but sadly it looks like GameFaqs took it down.

KainHighwind
04-23-2011, 09:08 AM
That review was really, REALLY poorly written.

Jiro
04-23-2011, 11:13 AM
The only point I agree with him on was the one that Wolf Kanno mentioned; the backgrounds in FFVII were pretty spectacular. Sprites will obviously age a lot better than the first foray into 3D models so if you're basing it purely on character design I can see your point, however that's flawed.

Using acronyms and slang in a review generally reflects poorly. I won't rag on him any further though, as at least it seems like he's actually played it and that's only done him some good :p