PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I Should've Posted This in EoEO

Evastio
04-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Though seeing how I don't want to discourage people from voicing their opinion about this video being awesome or funny, I guess I have to post it here. Besides, I trust that you guys won't joke around about the video, seeing how it's so brutal.

WARNING: Don't click on the link if you don't like violence, blood, seeing things get eaten alive, or people laughing and finding amusement in all of the above.

Anyways, here's the video in question (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lciCz49GQus).

So, uh, what do you think of it? Also, are you against what they did completely, or do you think they should of done it more humanely (by killing it first, feeding it chicken meat instead, not laughing like it was some sort of comedy), or do you actually totally agree with everything they did?

Bunny
04-21-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm against it because it was done for the sole benefit of their amusement. If it had been under different circumstances, I wouldn't have a single problem with it, but the fact that they did it for a laugh or two is disgusting.

qwertysaur
04-21-2011, 04:23 AM
Piranhas eat things because they need to do so to survive. It's not for your entertainment. :(

To make them go at the mouse like that I have doubts they take proper care of the fish either. :(

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2011, 05:14 AM
This is disgusting because not only are they feeding it a live animal for entertainment, but I'm pretty sure that because of that they don't even take care of the piranha properly.

I've heard that some animals (snakes) only feed on live animals and I'm fine with that, but I don't think piranha are and they don't do it for laughs.

crashNUMBERS
04-21-2011, 05:43 AM
that poor fuckin thing. that was beyond brutal

Jiro
04-21-2011, 05:59 AM
Yeaaaah I'm not watching it. Hopefully it's not too disturbing. Someone else can snip it if it is.

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2011, 06:47 AM
Come on, Dak. I'm sure you witness more brutal imagery all the time down under.

Agent Proto
04-21-2011, 09:17 AM
It's not really disturbing. Just a bunch of kids laughing as a group of piranhas devour a live mouse during "feeding" time.

G13
04-21-2011, 10:32 AM
I can see how it's impressive to watch a piranha devour its food so quickly, but to make a game of it with a live animal is a little disturbing.

Old Manus
04-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Reminds me of the beginning of level 2 in Tomb Raider 3

escobert
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I can see how it's impressive to watch a piranha devour its food so quickly, but to make a game of it with a live animal is a little REALLY FUCKING disturbing.

Loony BoB
04-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I agree with Bunny/GXIII/Bert/etc despite not seeing it. I'm in the same boat as Jiro - going by what is being said in this thread, I don't want to see it. Some people in this world get their cheap thrills from pathetic things.

Bunny
04-21-2011, 03:57 PM
It's not really disturbing. Just a bunch of kids laughing as a group of piranhas devour a live mouse during "feeding" time.

It's not feeding time, though. It's "let's drop a mouse in a piranha tank and laugh about its brutal death while filming it." If the video was about feeding the piranhas, that would be fine, but it isn't.

Agent Proto
04-21-2011, 05:07 PM
I didn't mean feeding time when I said "feeding" time. Of course it was what you called it. That being said, I want to say that I don't find it amusing one bit. However, if the audio of the kids laughing were removed from the video, it's just a video of piranhas feeding on a live mouse.

Psychotic
04-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I can see how it's impressive to watch a piranha devour its food so quickly, but to make a game of it with a live animal is a little disturbing.Yup. It would've been a cool video if the mouse was already dead. That was just twisted.

Laddy
04-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Will not watch.

Remon
04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
I watched. The music, the laughs, the whole thing...it was done for the only purpose of pissing people off. Poor mouse, it was a white one too :(.
I feel inspired to write murder stories of idiots being fed to piranhas now.

Raebus
04-21-2011, 07:10 PM
I stopped watching it half way, just really REALLY disturbing. A friend of mine owns a snake and buys dead mice as food for it, so I don't see why they couldn't have done the same thing instead of watching an animal die for their own entertainment. So, my opinion summed up = Fuck the cruel people being entertained in that video.

Evastio
04-21-2011, 11:52 PM
I'm really curious as to who voted for "That was completely funny and awesome" in the poll.

NorthernChaosGod
04-21-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm really curious as to who voted for "That was completely funny and awesome" in the poll.

Trolls.

Timekeeper
04-22-2011, 06:07 AM
I'd be totally fine with the whole thing had the mouse not been alive.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-22-2011, 07:19 AM
I don't really have an issue with it. If the piranhas were wild, the mouse wouldn't be dead. If the mouse was already dead, then someone would have had to have killed it prior to dinner time anyway. I fail to see how suffocating or smashing said mouse's head is more humane than chucking it to the piranha's alive. Granted, the people involved sound like (and probably are) idiots, but it's still a totally natural event.

What would be the preference here? Buy commercially killed mice? Smash your mouse with a hammer? Suffocate the mouse? Poison the mouse and kill all animals involved? The bottom line is, the mouse is food. I used to have a chinese water dragon, I HAD to feed it live crickets. It wouldn't touch a dead cricket. Does that make me cruel?

NorthernChaosGod
04-22-2011, 07:27 AM
I don't really have an issue with it. If the piranhas were wild, the mouse wouldn't be dead. If the mouse was already dead, then someone would have had to have killed it prior to dinner time anyway. I fail to see how suffocating or smashing said mouse's head is more humane than chucking it to the piranha's alive. Granted, the people involved sound like (and probably are) idiots, but it's still a totally natural event.

What would be the preference here? Buy commercially killed mice? Smash your mouse with a hammer? Suffocate the mouse? Poison the mouse and kill all animals involved? The bottom line is, the mouse is food. I used to have a chinese water dragon, I HAD to feed it live crickets. It wouldn't touch a dead cricket. Does that make me cruel?
Piranha are scavengers and timid in the wild; they won't typically feed on live animals. They almost certainly wouldn't fee on live mice like this.

And buying dead animals to feed pets is certainly more humane than having it eviscerated by piranha.

blackmage_nuke
04-22-2011, 07:52 AM
I wouldve been ok with it had it not been for comedic entertainment.

Aydin
04-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Those motherfuckers!

They could have just as easily have used a fucking deadmau5!

What the hell is wrong with them!?! It's like watching a cock fight and I'm not talking about chickens either. BA DUM TIS!!!

G13
04-22-2011, 08:12 AM
I fail to see how suffocating or smashing said mouse's head is more humane than chucking it to the piranha's alive.

That's actually the exact definition of humane.

- Marked or motivated by concern with the alleviation of suffering.

To throw it into the tank alive and fighting to stay above the water, and then later to stay away from the piranhas, that's inhumane and disgusting. If it was destined to be food, smashing its head in would have been the right thing to do for the mouse's sake.

Aydin
04-22-2011, 08:17 AM
I fail to see how suffocating or smashing said mouse's head is more humane than chucking it to the piranha's alive.

That's actually the exact definition of humane.

- Marked or motivated by concern with the alleviation of suffering.

To throw it into the tank alive and fighting to stay above the water, and then later to stay away from the piranhas, that's inhumane and disgusting. If it was destined to be food, smashing its head in would have been the right thing to do for the mouse's sake.

Exactly! Smashing the mau5 head in would have killed it instantly instead of a whoreible slow payneful death!