PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea purchasing help

Bolivar
04-21-2011, 06:23 PM
So, hoping to get into the Disgaea games sometime soon... I see there's so many different versions for the first two games, which ones do people recommend? PS2, DS, PSP on the first one?

HALP!

qwertysaur
04-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Go with either the DS or the PSP version. That way you can access Etna Mode. :bigsmile:

Wolf Kanno
04-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Yeah, the handheld versions have extra content not found in the original so I would say DS or PSP, whichever you feel needs more love.

Dreddz
04-22-2011, 12:40 PM
I own both the PS2 and PSP version of the first Disgaea and I'd recommend the PSP version. Not just because of extra content, but the game looks real sharp on the PSP screen. Plus there isn't any slowdown that plagued the PSP version of FFT.

Disgaea as a game is still a bit overwelming for me. I got close to beating it on both the PS2 and PSP but never quite got there. Don't think I'd ever go back.

VeloZer0
04-22-2011, 03:27 PM
For the question of where to get them I know a while back the NIS store adopted free shipping for all their products. (On top of their already low prices) If getting a physical copy if what you want that is the way I would go.

If you go for the PSP you can also download them from PSN. (Note, Disgaea 2 is only available for the PSP and PS2, not the DS)

I would personally recommend getting both 1 & 2 for the PSP. But that has more to do with my feelings on the PSP and DS, not the respective ports.

CimminyCricket
04-25-2011, 10:46 AM
I would recommend doing what I've done and buy a copy of the game for every system it's out for.

But seriously, the PSP version is definitely the best to get if you're looking to get into the Disgaea universe, especially if you're on a budget since it's essentially two games in one with Etna mode. Afterwards, you can get the PSP version of Disgaea 2, which also has two playing modes (standard and Axel). If you want to buy it online you can try RosenQueenCo, but you might honestly find a better deal on Amazon.