PDA

View Full Version : Possible Spoilers Duodecim Discussions

Hollycat
04-21-2011, 08:08 PM
I love how they shoved the entirety of Dissidia into 012. Awesome, except for the fact that they don't take your stuff over from dissidia to 012 such as acheivements and museum. What do you think about this game being less of a sequel or prequel, and more of a $30 add-on? Opinions? What do you want to discuss about Duodecim?

Wolf Kanno
04-22-2011, 04:41 AM
Yeah, now that I'm capping off Dissidia 1's story, its pretty obvious this game is less of a Dissidia 2 and more of a "Super Dissidia 1 Turbo". The new mechanics do alter gameplay quite a bit but its not like that would have taken much in comparison to other fighting games. Equipment has been somewhat balanced by being powered down and more flexible for customization.

The new story is okay... but having played the first it wasn't like I was expecting Shakespeare or nothing. I'm just impressed the characters speak half intelligently though everything is still overly cryptic for no goddamn good reason, yet the new story mode is criminally short compared to the first game. Roughly a third the size of the original, granted we didn't exactly get a whole lot of new characters like some were expecting but its sad that the game didn't try to utilize the new characters with the original games characters as much. Both groups feel incredibly separate from each other, and feels way more like we just introduced them to whack them all off and tell the stuff we want to know through the more interactive reports.

Overall, its an improvement over the original in many ways, but I do feel a bit cheated cause the bulk of the solo campaign is basically Dissidia 1 and a remade Coliseum mode. The Team Battles are a very interesting new addition, but its hard to use for me cause most of my characters were brought over from the original, so fighting a decent A.I. is difficult cause I'm either too overpowered thanks to skills or the computer has a huge advantage cause I still don't have equipment higher than level 30.

DLC will probably extend the life of the game.

Hollycat
04-22-2011, 04:50 AM
how did you move your characters over?

Wolf Kanno
04-22-2011, 05:04 AM
You just transfer your data from the original. Most of my characters are Lv. 100 and have a good chunk of their abilities learned. While you can alter your characters levels, it doesn't affect your CP which means I can have a Lv1 character who uses the same ability set-up as if they were Lv. 100. Makes low level battles incredibly easy when you have access to all the dash and booster abilities. :D

Jessweeee♪
04-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Yeah, accomplishments and equipment don't carry over, but everything in the PP store you bought that's still in Duodecim you'll still have, and your characters will be at the same level they were before.

Hollycat
04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
I can't figure out how to make any of my stuff carry over at all :(

black orb
04-24-2011, 08:32 PM
What do you think about this game being less of a sequel or prequel, and more of a $30 add-on? Opinions? What do you want to discuss about Duodecim?
>>> For a $30 add-on Duodecim is awesome. Unlike other fighting game sequels like BlazBlue: Continuum Shift​, which only gave me like 3 new lame characters and everything else was the same old crap (total waste of money)..:luca:

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2011, 05:45 AM
I can't figure out how to make any of my stuff carry over at all :(

When you started a new game it should have asked you if you wanted to import a save file or start from scratch. If you didn't import a save, then I'm not sure if you can without starting all over :(

Hollycat
04-26-2011, 03:16 PM
i started over thanks. Ok, what should we talk about first?