PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything you like for different reasons than the fans seem to?

MJN SEIFER
04-23-2011, 05:05 AM
For example, I am a fan of the Final Destination movies, but while the majority of fans seem to like it simply to watch people die horribly, I am more interested in the fact that the movies are also about the fact that life and death is "set in stone" and how "things happen because they're meant to happen". I'm intrested in that for some reason.

blackmage_nuke
04-23-2011, 05:12 AM
I watched tomb raider for the plot :shifty:

Seriously though I cant think of anything off the top of my head.

NorthernChaosGod
04-23-2011, 08:32 AM
No, I'm normal. :)

Jiro
04-23-2011, 09:03 AM
I watched tomb raider for the plot :shifty:

Bull:bou::bou::bou::bou: :p

I watched it because it was a video game adaptation. Same reason I watched Dead or Alive :shifty:

Bunny
04-23-2011, 05:47 PM
No, I'm normal. :)

Read: Boring.

NorthernChaosGod
04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Potato, potahto.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-27-2011, 12:38 AM
I love my motorcycle just for the feeling of riding by myself for hours in the mountains improving my riding abilities, and for the fun of working on it and improving the performance envelope.

It seems the majority of other people I meet want to ride in large groups, concentrate on cruising big straight interstates, and improving the bikes cosmetically.

I'm not sure what mentality is better, I just know I seem to be in the minority.

NorthernChaosGod
04-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Driving/riding for driving's/riding's sake is always better than nice looking crap. :colbert:

Yar
04-27-2011, 03:08 AM
I like watching Oprah because I don't know if you've ever noticed but Oprah is partially insane and I like watching her freak the fuck out.

I suppose I differ from her fanbase in that I'm not a shut-in with an obesity problem and an addiction to daytime television. Or a woman.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Driving/riding for driving's/riding's sake is always better than nice looking crap. :colbert:

I agree, but if we go by majority rules, that makes us wrong. :p

I don't understand using a bike/car as a fashion statement, but then again I don't ride a Harley and/or don't have a "ginormous" chromed out drag swing arm on my 600cc sport bike. :roll2

It really makes some people happy, and they aren't hurting anything, so I guess that's all that matters.

NorthernChaosGod
04-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Going by majority rules, I'd be wrong on lots of things. :p