PDA

View Full Version : Tidus' Spheregrid Sucks

Vermachtnis
04-24-2011, 07:52 AM
I've been using Yuna, Kimahri, and Tidus this playthrough, mostly cause I didn't last time and noticed something. Tidus has horrible HP and Mana growth. He has less HP and Mana then the other two. It's understandable to have less Mana than Yuna what with her being the healer and less health than Kimahri being Kimahri and having him cut through Wakka's path. But Yuna having more HP than him is weird. She even had more HP than Auron when he joined. I'm leaving Djose now and she has around 1700 HP. And Kimahri only has around 1900. And Tidus has 920. Anyone else find that weird?

Jiro
04-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Yuna has some mental stat boosts because her sphere gird is also the sphere grid for her Aeons. That's why she gets sweet HP boosts and I think even manages to get a fair bit of STR

Cihnyl
04-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Well, story-wise I found it strange at first, but then I thought about the fact that Tidus was never trained to take on fiends and such powerful beasts. Yuna, on the other hand, was trained at Besaid Temple, so I imagine that Yuna was trained before meeting Tidus in such a way to take on Sin (...which pertains to all fiends, I think). That's my take on it.

Jessweeee♪
04-24-2011, 03:50 PM
Tidus's strength is his speed. His high speed stat combined with Hastega, Slowga, Quick Hit, Delay Buster results in a boss fight where the enemy never takes a turn. Whenever I pick up a strength sphere I toss it his way, as well as one Mana and HP sphere (the other MP and HP spheres go to Yuna and Lulu of course).

Hot Shot
04-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Tidus' speed and Hastega make up for his lack of HP. As Jeswee said, speed's his area of expertise.

TrollHunter
04-26-2011, 03:46 AM
I never really had a problem with tidus's spheregrid. Now Aurons grid was just so amazing, the perfect tank. (then you get him quick-hit and watch the carnage) *.*

qwertysaur
04-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Tidus is a fragile speedster. :p

As Jessweeee♪ mentioned, he is built to first speed himself up and slow down the enemy, then spam quick hit until right before the enemy gets a turn, then swap him out for someone like Auron who can tank a hit or two. (Unless you know the enemy will only hit 1 person at a time, because you can just use Sentinel instead. :p) Also because he will get so many turns Regen is very effective on him. :p

Since his grid portion leads to Yuna's he will eventually become sturdier.

Jessweeee♪
04-26-2011, 05:37 AM
Just a tip:

Tidus is AWESOME if instead of continuing onto Yuna's sphere grid, you use some kind of teleporting sphere to move him onto the end of Auron's and work backwards to grab all of those Strength +4s. Not only is he getting several hits in, but they're just as good if not better than Auron's. Auron's speed stat is typically the lowest, which is why he moves on to Tidus's after he's done.

LunarWeaver
04-26-2011, 03:11 PM
I always try to get Tidus all up in Auron's business too. He becomes quite powerful yet still so pocket-sized and surfer. It's like watching a kid try to be Bruce Willis. Squee~

Roogle
04-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Tidus has less HP than Yuna during the course of their respective Sphere Grids? Really? I never noticed that in my game and I usually pay great attention to the different HP values of the party. Does Yuna remain ahead of Tidus throughout the entire game until the end of their Sphere Grids?

Nebulance
04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Just a tip:

Tidus is AWESOME if instead of continuing onto Yuna's sphere grid, you use some kind of teleporting sphere to move him onto the end of Auron's and work backwards to grab all of those Strength +4s. Not only is he getting several hits in, but they're just as good if not better than Auron's. Auron's speed stat is typically the lowest, which is why he moves on to Tidus's after he's done.

This is something I've always done. You can just work your way towards Auron's grid. It may take some time to get there, but it's totally worth it.

Concerning terrible grids, Kimahri is always my weakest character. I try to take him through Tidus' path, but he's always so far behind, especially when you can't use him on the high bridge for a while.

This play through however, I have kept him in the top 2 in strength (Auron #1, as usual). I've just been picky about keeping Kimahri in the battles.

Dr.M
04-30-2011, 01:20 PM
kimahri is horrible, you have no choice but to put him into someone else's sphere path. sure this can be an advantage as you can have two mages or theifs but i never use him. i think they suck because its intended that you will eventually have each character flow into someone else's path to make up for their weaknesses.

Depression Moon
05-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah the game could've gave Kimahri some more unique abilities and provided you with more lock and teleport spheres with him because I don't many people here have played with him that much. On one playthrough I remember I didn't really touch him until I had to use him in Gagazet.

Yliette
07-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Yuna more HP? That's strange. During my last four playthroughs, I don't recall Yuna having more. And IMO Tidus is the most balanced of all characters in the game. His Haste spells also make him indispensable.

And yes, I also bring him to Auron's grid once he's learned Quick Hit. It's highly impractical to have him run through Yuna's.