PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Favorite Sword out of...

Fighter2knight
01-12-2002, 12:19 AM
*Ahem*
This is my very first post in this forum...
But not the first I have registered with...
Oh, yes, I have registered with quite a few...
People know me as Luigirocks2001 on GameFAQs.com
People know me as Luigirocks2001 on NintendoLand.com
I am known as SSJ5 Jeff on PlanetNamek.com
But here...I am Fighter2knight
Anyway...Which of the following swords is your _personal_ favorite:
Excalibur
Masamune
Ragnarok
Ultima Weapon
Mine is...Excalibur.

Mikaga
01-12-2002, 12:38 AM
Masmune, or Masamune/Murasame (Various spellings. Masamune seems to be the most common.

Why didn't you make this a poll?

Pancaek
01-12-2002, 12:52 AM
Probably the Masamune, out of those listed. My favorite overall is Illumina, but that's from 6, and this is the 1-4 forum.

Fighter2knight
01-14-2002, 11:49 PM
First off, Mikaga, I am what you would call a "noob" or more commonly, "newbie". To this forum. My previous message boards did not have the "Poll" option.

And Skye-chan. I'd just like to point out that Ultima Weapon _is_ from FFVII...So Illumina, technically, would fit here. I might make a sequel with more options (eg-Illumina).

Pancaek
01-15-2002, 01:58 AM
When did I object to you putting Ultima Weapon in?

Also, if you're including things from more FFs than the ones that belong in that particular forum, it's best to start the thread in General Square.

Moose Knight
01-15-2002, 02:20 AM
Masamune. Katanas are what you crazy talking people would call "r0x0rs" or whatever.

First off, Mikaga, I am what you would call a "noob" or more commonly, "newbie". To this forum. My previous message boards did not have the "Poll" option.

Its nice to see a newbie that talks in complete sentences.

Collector
01-15-2002, 04:18 AM
So, erm, as it deals with more than just FF1-4, I'll move it to General FF.

*moves*

As for the topic, I guess I like Ragnarok.

Bloodstone
01-15-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Moose Knight
Masamune. Katanas are what you crazy talking people would call "r0x0rs" or whatever.

*agrees*
By the way, Mikaga, the Masamune and Murasame are two different katanas. :)

Super Christ
01-15-2002, 07:54 AM
Out of those listed, my favorite would have to be the Masamune.

eestlinc
01-16-2002, 01:25 AM
All the best swords from ff5 and 6 beat these swords.

Braveblade = r0x0r

MoogleRush
01-16-2002, 01:55 AM
I like the Masamune best.

Fighter2knight
01-16-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm going to add an argument that will further deepen the topic.

Well, first off, Ultima Weapon is the better sword than Ragnarok in FFVII, but what about Illumina?

The code rumors say that if you fill Ultima Weapon's Materia slots, it will transform into the more powerful Excalibur. The Ultima Weapon in FF7 is at almost the same level as Masamune, but would the rumored (I know it's fake) "tranformation" to Excalibur make it stronger than Masamune?

Makes you think, doesn't it? Or maybe it doesn't...

Mikaga
01-25-2002, 11:21 PM
How are they different? I assume you mean in FF7 when Sephiroth's sword is the "masamune" yet the replica item that doesn't actually do anything is the "murasame" -there's also one of cloud's weapons, but I can't remember which one that is. Or is the replica the masamune and cloud's weapon the murasame? I can't remember.

Are there any other games with two different katanas in then?

And in FF9, I have Zidane's masamune, is there a murasame as well?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
01-26-2002, 12:34 AM
Murasame only appears in FFIX as the theme of a Tetra Master card, I believe.

Pancaek
01-26-2002, 01:22 AM
Mikaga: The replica from the Golden Saucer is the Masamune. Cloud's katana is the Murasame, and he also has another katana called the Yoshiyuki.

In FF6, all of Cyan's weapons were katanas, I think.

Eternal Sphere
01-26-2002, 01:40 AM
Well, the weapon Murasame is in FF4, FF5 and FF Tactics and each of those games have Katana type weapons in them. Hope that answers something since I have no idea what you guys are debating about.

Zifnab
02-19-2002, 01:40 PM
You didn't include Atma Weapon you evail person!!
Out of the list I got to say Ragnarok, if just for the name (All the damn swords look different in different FFs anyway!!).

Nova Dragon
02-20-2002, 05:37 PM
Out of the choices I would have to say Ragnarok.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-20-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Cloud of Midgar
You didn't include Atma Weapon you evail perosn!!Atma Weapon is Ultima Weapon. "Atma" was just another of Woolsey's many horrible mistranslations.

Advent Child
03-06-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Mikaga
Masmune, or Masamune/Murasame (Various spellings. Masamune seems to be the most common.

Why didn't you make this a poll?

umm... the murasame is a different sword...

anyways I like the Ragnarok

Fighter2knight
07-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Well, once again, I further deepen the discussion. Also, I add another sword to the discussion; Tidus's Caladbolg in Final Fantasy Ten.
In Final Fantasy One, you can get both Excalibur (XCalber/XCalbur) and Masamune (Masmune), and the Masmune is the stronger sword. But, XCalbur has "hidden benefits" if you know what I mean.
Furthermore, Final Fantasy Ten once again revolutionizes this thread. Auron's Masamune...stronger than the Caladbolg??? I would like it if someone were to post Caladbolg's power as opposed to Auron's Masamune.
And still, there's the question of (loser of argument of Caladbolg and Masamune) vs. Ragnarok/Illumina vs. Ultima Weapon.
*sigh*
Plus, again, Final Fantasy Eleven may reveal the secrets.
In Final Fantasy Two (J)again, XCalibr is less in strength, but also in benefits, than the Masmune.
In Final Fantasy Three (J), for the sake of argument, we will add the Onion as a great sword: the best in the game, and strangely enough, Ragnarok is better (by far) than Excalibur. There is no Masamune.
Also, in Chrono Trigger, the Frog's Masamune and Masamune II are not Katanas, therefore not part of this discussion.
So now I also change my original vote from Excalibur to
In Final Fantasy Four (J), the Crystal/Ragnarok is the strongest sword, Excalibur being second.
Masamune, based solely on Final Fantasy One.
List of Swords:
Excalibur
Masamune
Crystal/Illumina/Ragnarok
Ultima Weapon
Caladbolg
Onion

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-23-2002, 09:35 PM
Caladbolg's name was Ultima Weapon in the Japanese version of FFX. They are essentially the same sword, although Caladbolg is a more original name.

Edgar
07-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Masamune or Mastermune or whatever...

Excalibur is cool too.

Fighter2knight
07-24-2002, 07:09 PM
Now the argument is so deep, I think I'm stepping in it. *end bad pun*
Now, Final Fantasy Five confuses us even more! Because of this, we must add the fact that Ragnarok is stronger than Excalibur once again, and Masamune. So also, we must add the other sword that is stronger than Excalibur, the Brave Blade. And, we must also add the Strato katana, which is stronger than Masamune in this particular game. But, Excalibur and Brave Blade have more "benefits" than Ragnarok, and Masamune has more "benefits" than Strato. In turn, Excalibur, though more weak than Brave Blade, has more "benefits". Not in this discussion, are the two strongest Lances and strongest bow, stronger than Masamune and Excalibur, but not included, since they're not swords.
In Final Fantasy Six, well, we'll not cover that, since it's too confusing with the Ultima (Atma) Weapon's "potential" power. Also, Ragnarok/Illumina is stronger than Excalibur.
In Final Fantasy Nine, Steiner's Ragnarok is stronger than Excalibur once again. But, could the Ultima Sword be considered the Ultima Weapon? If so, it's weaker than both Excalibur and Ragnarok, but in Final Fantasy Seven, it's clearly stronger than Ragnarok. Then comes the Daggers of Zidane, of which Ultima Weapon is the strongest, and Masamune is only FOURTH strongest!! Or are they completely different things. How could the Masamune be a Dagger, anyway, for in Final Fantasy Seven, it's clearly five to seven feet long!
My vote still stands at Masamune.
And why haven't we seen Excalibur since Final Fantasy Six? Broken, perhaps. Or was it too "plain" for later games. Perhaps it had something to do with being the last Nintendo-sold game.
Our sword list now reads:
Atma/Ultima Sword/Weapon
Brave Blade
Caladbolg
Excalibur
Masamune
Onion
Strato
Phew!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Illumina/Lightbringer is a completely different sword than Ragnarok, and as I've said before, Caladbolg and Ultima Weapon are the same thing. And since Ultima Weapon and Ultima Sword can be seen together in the same game, it's also safe to say that they are two different weapons.

Aviva
07-25-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Fighter2knight
Then comes the Daggers of Zidane, of which Ultima Weapon is the strongest, and Masamune is only FOURTH strongest!! Or are they completely different things. How could the Masamune be a Dagger, anyway, for in Final Fantasy Seven, it's clearly five to seven feet long!

Zidane can also be equipped with double-swords, not just daggers. Uhhhh have you completed the game yet? Anyways, I'd say my favorite sword is the Ultima Weapon, I like blue swords. The Ragnarok is cool but it's different in each game, so I think the best Ragnarok would have to be Cloud's.

The Amazing Spiderman
07-25-2002, 02:15 AM
Excalibur

BG-57
07-25-2002, 05:16 AM
I'd say the Ultima Weapon, particularly Cloud's version of it. Which looks identical to the sword that the Ultima Weapon monster in FFVIII wields. (Does that mean the Ultima Weapon is holding the Ultima Weapon?)

Kalel
07-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Cloud's ultimate sword
Squall's ulitimate sword
Tidus's ulitmate sword
Sephiroth's sword

Best weapons of the coolest heroes/villian of Final Fantasy series. Enough said. My favorites.

But all swords mentioned earlier on post are also cool as well.:cool:

Fighter2knight
07-28-2002, 04:40 PM
All of those you just named, Kalel, were already mentioned,
Cloud's is Ultima Weapon, I think Squall's is, too. Tidus's is Caladbolg, and Sephiroth's sword is Masamune.

Del Murder
08-02-2002, 07:51 AM
I'm going with Ultima Weapon. I like the idea of it getting longer as my vitality increases.

Fighter2knight
08-04-2002, 12:04 AM
I re-change my vote to Excalibur, and I don't know why...I'm searching for it, that's why!!!

Laguna141
08-07-2002, 07:36 PM
Masamune is the best
:mog: MOOGLE!!

Fighter2knight
08-16-2002, 03:34 AM
Can someone tell me if in Final Fantasy VIII, is Gilgamesh's Excalibur or Masamune stronger?
In Final Fantasy X, Ultima Weapon is *much* stronger than Ragnarok.
In Final Fantasy VI, Excalibur is stronger than Masamune.
In Final Fantasy VII Ultima Weapon is stronger than Ragnarok.
In Final Fantasy IX, Excalibur is *much* stronger than Masamune.
Also, a correction in one of my earlier posts. I forgot that *no one* (playable character) uses swords in Final Fantasy VIII.
I also forgot that Squall Leonheart's Ultimate Weapon is the Lion Heart, not Ultima Weapon.
And are we forgetting something? What about the Onion in Final Fantasy III? It is stronger than Excalibur, Masamune, and Ragnarok, and probably stronger than Illumina, Brave Blade, and Atma/Ultima Weapon (and Caladbolg). Mmm...Onion... :o

Nemesis the Warlock
08-16-2002, 11:57 AM
I go for the Onion Sword. Not only is it stronger than any other sword in FFIII, there is more than one of it. Imagine a sword stronger than the Ragnarok in each hand...
It is also the hardest weapon to get, besides ExcaliburII in FFIX.

Masamune and Murasame are entirely different weapons, for those who are still debating that. People should read more legends...

Fighter2knight
08-17-2002, 06:06 PM
I must now deepen the topic even further.
Final Fantasy Tactics. Two more swords to add to the list:
The Chaos Blade, stonger than both Excalibur and Ragnarok (and Masamune and Chirijiraden).
The Chirijiraden, stronger than Masamune and Excalibur.
Excalibur is stronger than Masamune in this game.
In Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Excalibur is the strongest sword and weapon in the game. The others are nowhere to be found.
The sword list now is as follows:
Atma/Ultima Sword/Weapon
Brave Blade
Caladbolg
Chaos Blade
Chirijiraden
Excalibur
Masamune
Onion
Strato
:D

Moonshine_Rune
08-18-2002, 08:31 AM
it is my turn to reply now. The strongest sword is very hard to figure out. I have put the 3 i think i think are the best.

Ultima Weapon FF7
Excaliber FFT
Chaos Blade FFT

DelightfulSpekkio442
08-20-2002, 03:33 AM
What?! No one's mentioned the Blood Sword from Final Fantasy II?!

The Blood Sword has shown itself (to me at least) to have the best use of any sword in the entire series that I have yet encountered: it has the ability (if your characters are at the right levels and equipped properly) to take out the final boss in one hit! Granted, it doesn't do anything to anyone else in the entire game, but hey! I think it's a good trade off.

~MJE~

Braska Spira
08-24-2002, 03:26 AM
My favorite sword is Tidus's Icebrand Longsword. My worst one is Frioniel's Broad Sword. I do not like Blood swords either. Tidus's Excalibur sword is much stronger than my favorite sword. What is the strongest sword in Final Fantasy X?

Jowy
08-24-2002, 03:40 AM
Caladbolg is Tidus' best sword...

My vote goes to the Atma/Ultima Weapon in FFVI. It was strong, it was blue, and it gave the equipper a little Jedi look to them when they attacked.

Gremio
08-24-2002, 03:42 AM
Masamune, baby!

And I don't mean that Auron crap, I mean Sephiroth style, ownage.

The Amazing Spiderman
08-24-2002, 04:49 AM
blood sword is useful, it may work with some enemies, but no with undead, that's his only weak point.
In FFT, blood sword isn't that good, only if you strenghten your PA.

*still go with Excalibur*

I can't resist a sword that produces holy damage.

Fighter2knight
12-29-2002, 11:05 PM
BUMP

Angered Roach
12-29-2002, 11:15 PM
Excalibur. Don't know why. Perhaps maybe it adds to the whole "Knight In Shining Armour" thing.

By the way, somewhere along the lines, you mentioned that FFIIIj did not have a masamune. It does. It's one of the Magic Knight's swords.

Fighter2knight
01-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Angered Roach, I never said there was no Masamune in FFIIIj.
*=New
+=Changed
Atma Weapon +
Blood Sword *
Brave Blade
Caladbolg
Chaos Blade
Chirijiraden
Crystal +
Excalibur II
Ilumina +
Katana *
Masmune
Onion Sword
Strato
The Tower *
Ultima Sword *
XCalber

Just post if you want Excalipur up.

JenosydesTouch
01-30-2003, 06:06 PM
Gunblade<----no other weapon comes close.

Fighter2knight
04-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Taking off Blood Sword.
Changing Crystal to Ragnarok
Atma Weapon
Brave Blade
Caladbolg
Chaos Blade
Chirijiraden
Excalibur II
Illumina
Katana
Masmune
Onion Sword
Strato
The Tower
Ultima Sword
XCalber

And, JenosydesTouch, a Gunblade is not a sword...it's...a Gunblade.

Votes will eventually be counted.

Reine
04-29-2003, 02:45 AM
My Favourite sword is the Excalibur II and the Illumina is second and third is the Atma Weapon (Its a light saber!)