PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone here? Do I belong?

Timekeeper
04-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Sure, it's blasphemy in a place like this, but I haven't actually played Final Fantasy in any form.

The closest I've come to playing any Final Fantasy (apart from being a part of this lovely forum :p) is watching someone play FFX for a little while.

So I'm curious, am I the only one?

Agent Proto
04-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Most likely not. There are a few that never played the games at all. I remembered that Del Snizz claimed to never played a single Final Fantasy, but that was like years ago. There's a good chance we might see a few more of your kind around here.

Peegee
04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
lol I only played FF8. I barely touched FF9 (got to when Vivi was walking around) and I just stopped playing FF1 after about 50% in bc it bored me.

It's not just a FF forum

Timekeeper
04-25-2011, 04:50 PM
It would be fitting if the majority of people here have never played any of the games, wouldn't it? This place reeks of irony :D

Hmmm, I'll create a poll. I'm curious.

EDIT:

You can only add a poll to a thread within 15 minutes of posting the thread.
:stare:

Remon
04-25-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm surprised :bigsmile:

Hot Shot
04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
LOL, why would you join a forum specifically for FF if you haven't played it? But then again, it's a pretty cool forum. I'll make a wild guess and say no more than 5 people haven't played it. But I suggest you pick one up and give it a try (preferably not XIII, we don't want you hating it :P)

Raistlin
04-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Everyone on EoFF has played at least part of one FF game. I have proof!

1. Everyone who shows up here without being referred here has played an FF game.
2. Thus, the only people who would not have played a game here must be referred.
3. If an FF nerd made friend with a guy on the internet, he would almost certainly have played an FF game.
4. Thus, only people referred offline would possibly have never played an FF game.
5. Internet nerds who play FF games do not have an offline social life.
6. Thus, it is virtually certain that everyone here has played an FF game.

QED, bitches.

Timekeeper
04-25-2011, 05:26 PM
So according to your rules, I'm an anomaly.
Well that, or I'm a liar, according to your rules.

Cool!

Raistlin
04-25-2011, 05:29 PM
No, you just don't exist. It is a mathematical certainty.

Timekeeper
04-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Hmmm.... I like that!

Crop
04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
How and why did you come here then?
I've never played Halo, if I was shown to a forum and saw a huge 'Halo' banner at the top, I'd probably leave.

NorthernChaosGod
04-25-2011, 07:06 PM
So did Timekeeper just disappear in a puff of logic now? Does this mean Wes is going to get run over at the next zebra crossing?

Chris
04-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah, it seems strange to me why anyone would join a FF forum, without having ever touched any of the games. That being said, it's been a long, long, time since I last played one myself, and I haven't played any of entries that came after FFX-2. :D

Citizen Bleys
04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
GET OUT! OUT DAMNED VILLAIN! GET OUT!

Hollycat
04-25-2011, 07:39 PM
LEAVE THIS HOUSE YOU FOUL DESPOT!

Citizen Bleys
04-25-2011, 07:40 PM
I already did that joke, HC. I can see where you could forget though, it's been almost 30 seconds.

Hollycat
04-25-2011, 07:46 PM
But you didn't use the word despot. plus it wasn't there until I started typing.

NorthernChaosGod
04-25-2011, 07:47 PM
You're still a biter.

qwertysaur
04-25-2011, 08:09 PM
It looks like Jiro will have to lock you in a room for a few days with each Final Fantasy game. If you start now you might finish by May if you cut out sleep. :bigsmile:

Citizen Bleys
04-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Cheat codes, Quert. Cheat codes.

Peegee
04-25-2011, 08:56 PM
So did Timekeeper just disappear in a puff of logic now? Does this mean Wes is going to get run over at the next zebra crossing?

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbably coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful [the Babel fish] could have evolved by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic."
(Douglas Adams / 1952-2001 / The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

escobert
04-26-2011, 02:26 AM
So, if you have never played FF why are you here?

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2011, 02:51 AM

"Now it is such a bizarrely improbably coincidence that anything so mindbogglingly useful [the Babel fish] could have evolved by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
The argument goes something like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."
"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."
"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic."

I was kind of hoping you'd play along a bit and not just quote the story.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-26-2011, 02:53 AM
It's cool. I haven't finished a FF since X-2........that's probably why I haven't finished now that I think on it. I buy 'em used, hate 'em, and put 'em on a shelf. :|

Jiro
04-26-2011, 03:17 AM
He came here for Mafia guys. That's the only reason.

He stays because he likes you.

Madonna
04-26-2011, 05:34 AM
Just do what I do, Timekeeper: keep posting screenshots of Final Fantasy games your friends are playing, take a few of their pertinent questions to post as your own, and pick a number to defend to your last breath.

My favorite is VII because you are fighting against the evil empire.

My favorite is XII because you are fighting against the evil empire.

My favorite is VI because you are fighting against the evil empire.

My favorite is IV because you are fighting against the evil empire.

You get the idea.

Jiro
04-26-2011, 06:47 AM
There's a shiny new poll. Enjoy. :monster:

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Someone has already voted for an incorrect option. :colbert:

Jiro
04-26-2011, 06:54 AM
I have obligations :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Is that obligation to provide means for the ignorant to spew their untruths? :doublecolbert:

Jiro
04-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Yes :colbert:

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2011, 07:27 AM
Very well, carry on.

Yar
04-26-2011, 07:34 AM
He came here for Mafia guys. That's the only reason.

He stays because he likes you.

Dammit, Dak beat me.

I wanted to be all like "OH HEY GUYS I KNOW WHY"

:(

Timekeeper
04-26-2011, 07:59 AM
There's a shiny new poll. Enjoy. :monster:

Thank you for creating such an elegant poll!

Jiro
04-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I originally insulted you a lot more but figured other people might actually think I hate you.

:argh:

Timekeeper
04-26-2011, 11:18 AM
In the poll I was originally going to make, I did put some hate options in, though there were some nice options as well, but I understand :D

I also put a very similar remark about being PM though!

Loony BoB
04-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that Del Snizz had never played an FF game either, and I believe he became a Cid's Knight. I'm not certain, though. It may have been someone else who was registered in 2000. But yeah, you aren't the first and won't be the last, I'm sure.

Still, shouldn't be PM. You may as well step down now. *nod*

Timekeeper
04-26-2011, 12:47 PM
The PokéParty will never bow down to the Newbie Party! Never!

qwertysaur
04-26-2011, 12:50 PM
To challenge one member of the Poképarty is to challenge the entire party. Are you sure you want to do that? :bigsmile:

Loony BoB
04-26-2011, 01:05 PM
It's what I'm supposed to do, and have done all along. So of course. :D

Madonna
04-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Loony BoB, we are simply more popular than you and your cohorts. I blame it on being edgy, cool, and hip. Play some Pokémon and get back to us when you have a few badges.

Loony BoB
04-26-2011, 01:58 PM
I've played it before, many of them. I own a few of the games, maybe about five. I'll play Pokémon again when an MMO comes out, or at the very least a 3D version of the game in which you can actually capture them all without the need for using other games or stupid promotional events. I hate Nintendo and how they justify themselves over such things. They must make an absolute mint because the amount of development they require for each new game seems like it would be minimal compared to other games.

But I digress. Our members and supporters, although outnumbering that of your party, did not all vote. I blame a mixture of offline lives keeping them occupied and confusion over the multiple voting rounds. Perhaps I did not explain the system well enough to them. :(

Peegee
04-26-2011, 04:34 PM

I was kind of hoping you'd play along a bit and not just quote the story.

I'm not as witty as Adams. Also I don't remember if I bothered finishing the second book but probably not.

Madonna
04-26-2011, 10:56 PM
But I digress. Our members and supporters, although outnumbering that of your party, did not all vote. I blame a mixture of offline lives keeping them occupied and confusion over the multiple voting rounds. Perhaps I did not explain the system well enough to them. :(To be clear, you are saying:
1. The Newbies outnumbered the Poké Party, thus the Newbies should have won because of simple numbers.

2. The non-voters did not vote because: a) they have "lives" (implying our voters do not have "lives") and b) your people are stupid since they cannot read and/or comprehend.

3. You understood everything perfectly, it was your team's fault, and you are obviously blameless (except for the part where you did not walk your crew of idiots through the elections by the hand and ensure your complete domination). If only everyone listened to you as dictator!

Did I get that right? It is what I took from that quote. Small wonder your party got nowhere, buddy.

Loony BoB
04-27-2011, 11:00 AM
You got absolutely none of it right. Where the hell did you pull that from? :p

EDIT: *deletes stuff* As much as I'm sure you know I'd love to continue this kind of thing, we should probably avoid derailing the thread. =x

Remon
04-27-2011, 11:01 AM
I didn't vote and they still won :bigsmile:

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2011, 12:50 PM
You didn't join the forums expecting us to all be talking about front wheel drive cars, did you?

ReloadPsi
04-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Everyone on EoFF has played at least part of one FF game. I have proof!

1. Everyone who shows up here without being referred here has played an FF game.
2. Thus, the only people who would not have played a game here must be referred.
3. If an FF nerd made friend with a guy on the internet, he would almost certainly have played an FF game.
4. Thus, only people referred offline would possibly have never played an FF game.
5. Internet nerds who play FF games do not have an offline social life.
6. Thus, it is virtually certain that everyone here has played an FF game.

QED, bitches.

A HUNDRED AND FORTY ONE AND TWO THIRDS PERCENT! THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU!

Laddy
05-03-2011, 01:10 AM
You sad, boy.