PDA

View Full Version : Dancing Mad-A Critical Analysis

Yar
04-26-2011, 01:51 AM
This article is over a year old, but I looked back and didn't find a thread for it. If there already is one, sorry!

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-vi-s-dancing-mad-a-critical-analysis-157570.phtml

The links for the music are broken, so you'll have to provide it yourself, but the article itself is intriguing.

blackmage_nuke
04-26-2011, 02:54 AM
Not enough final boss themes go for 15+ minutes these days.

Jiro
04-26-2011, 06:35 AM
That's a very interesting look at Kefka's character as a whole. I wouldn't have put two and two together myself.

The Man
04-26-2011, 09:58 AM
That was smurfing awesome and summed up a lot of what I liked about FFVI, its soundtrack, and Kefka. I also learned something from it. I had picked up on most of the musical motifs worked into Dancing Mad already but I hadn't gotten how the final part referenced earlier themes (apart from, obviously, the reprise of the opening music).

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Fun fact, that YouTube link right at the bottom - Dancing Mad performed at the Sydney Opera House in 2007... I was there. Geeking it up in the front row with my girlfriend who had surprised herself in agreeing to come.

I was epically tired having staying up all night to cram for an exam I had earlier that day, so I was kind of drifting in and out of microsleeps, so to be honest.. it was a bit of a case of bad timing (and bad exam preparation :monster:) but Dancing Mad was the stand out performance for me that day.

Wolf Kanno
04-29-2011, 10:02 PM
I love the track, still one of my favorite Boss themes in gaming but... I feel there is a bit too much speculation and presumption in his analysis in the article. Especially towards the third and fourth movements.