PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite game?

TomWills
04-26-2011, 05:45 AM
Playing game is very interesting for me. In my free time i like to play games. My favorite game is Need For Speed. Please share with us what is your favorite game? I am waiting for your reply.

Jiro
04-26-2011, 06:07 AM
If I had to pick a single favourite game it would still be FFVI. I still enjoy playing it to this day.

There are a lot of games I like a whole bunch too, though. Picking one is hard :(

blackmage_nuke
04-26-2011, 07:25 AM
I think OP is a bot but I also like FF6

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2011, 07:27 AM
OP is definitely a bot, but my favorite game is Xenogears. :monster:

The Man
04-26-2011, 07:32 AM
I concur with FF6 and OP being a bot and throw in Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest V, Suikoden II, Zelda: A Link to the Past, Yoshi's Island, and the Marathon trilogy as other favourites.

Jiro
04-26-2011, 07:32 AM
OP is obviously a bot but until he does something wrong, he can live.

The Man
04-26-2011, 07:36 AM
I'd suggest at least getting rid of the links in his sig, since it's obvious he's only making thrads like this to advertise his :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty sites and increase their google ranking

Timekeeper
04-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Playing game is also very interesting for me. My favourite game is Broken Sword, or maybe Hotel Dusk.

blackmage_nuke
04-26-2011, 09:51 AM
OP is obviously a bot but until he does something wrong, he can live.

Maybe one day he'll learn to love

I'd suggest at least getting rid of the links in his sig, since it's obvious he's only making thrads like this to advertise his :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty sites and increase their google ranking

Advertising is totally ok in sigs

The Man
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Of course, but I got the impression that was so actual people could advertise their sites. Bots aren't people.

CimminyCricket
04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Without a doubt my favourite game is Disgaea, but it's followed closely by the Valkyrie Profile games.

BG-57
04-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics is my favorite, followed by FFVIII, FFVI, FFIV, Suikoden III and Suikoden II.

Rocket Edge
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Definitely FFVIII. :monster:

LunarWeaver
04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
He better be creepy-cute type of faker like Haley Joel Osment in A.I. :mymelbert:

My favorite game used to be Final Fantasy X and then one day it wasn't anymore. Diablo II gave me the most mileage, so... sure.

Bunny
04-26-2011, 03:58 PM
My favorite game is being Suikoden 2. It very fun.

Shattered Dreamer
04-26-2011, 05:09 PM
"Your information may be used for advertising purposes" :lol:

All the same, it's so hard to pick a favorite game so here's a list :bigsmile:

Flimbo's Quest

Shining Force

Final Fantasy IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XII

WWF Smackdown, WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011

WCW Mayhem

Scarface: The World Is Yours

The Warriors

Age Of Empires 1-3

Rise Of Nations

GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, GTA IV, GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City.

Saints Row 2

Red Dead Redemption, RDR: Undead Nightmare

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Killzone 1 & 2

That about covers what I can think of right now :p

Dreddz
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Toss up between FFVII and Deus Ex.

Depression Moon
04-26-2011, 07:19 PM
:zidane::vivi::dagger::steiner::freya::quina::eiko::salamander:

Vermachtnis
04-26-2011, 08:00 PM
It's Digital Devil Saga.

NorthernChaosGod
04-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Are we actually doing multiple games now?

If so, my favorites are:
Xenogears
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
LoZ: ALttP

GhandiOwnsYou
04-29-2011, 02:45 AM
Contra and FFVII. I would throw in the recent Hard Corps and Portal 1 and/or, but as they haven't stood the decade+ and still awesome test of time yet, I can't elevate them to mythological status just yet. I used to be more of a FFVIII guy, but within the last five years or so my love of VIII has started to wane, while I enjoy VII more than I did when I first played it.

Contra on the other hand has been effing incredible since I knew what a controller was.

Pheesh
04-29-2011, 07:06 PM
It's between kingdom hearts 1 + 2, and the KotOR series.

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 09:59 PM
:zidane::vivi::dagger::steiner::freya::quina::eiko::salamander:

spyro?

mine is. megaman battle network every version, FFXII, pokemon silver version, WO2, angry birds, CB2, SYOTD, FF7,NFSMW, dissidia duodecim, crisis core, ff1, DWSF, pokemon emerald, ffv, ffta, ff4, khbbs, mario, amazing mirror

oh wait, thats the playlist on my psp. Thats right, I have ff 12 on my psp. eat that.

escobert
04-29-2011, 11:48 PM
and the Marathon trilogy as other favourites.
:love:

Carl the Llama
05-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Pac Man. That is all.

Jiro
05-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Pac Man. That is all.

You should love this then. (http://worldsbiggestpacman.com/)

NorthernChaosGod
05-04-2011, 04:22 AM
Holy fuck, does that go on forever?

Jiro
05-04-2011, 05:09 AM
It tells you how many maps there are. Last I checked, 4000.

Loony BoB
05-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Final Fantasy VII and Uncharted 2.

Chris
05-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Impossible to choose, but "LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4" has slowly become my favorite game. Never ending fun and atmosphere! You can play as every character imaginable! Eveything a HP fan could wish for.

As for the Final Fantasy series, well, FFX remains my favorite.

Carl the Llama
05-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Pac Man. That is all.

You should love this then. (http://worldsbiggestpacman.com/)

Why why oh why did you have to show me this x.x 4000 levels, how am I ever going to conquer that! *calls people up to say goodbye for a couple of years*

Jiro
05-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I did it because I love you :jess:

Bowser
05-04-2011, 04:03 PM
FFX and Super Mario Sunshine. :D

Depression Moon
05-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Were you the boss in Sunshine? I never played the game.

black orb
05-05-2011, 05:50 AM
>>> Pick a single fav? damn, thats hard.. I guess Valkyrie Profile is the closest..:luca:

Timekeeper
05-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Rethinking it, I'm not sure if I should have put it down to one or two games. It's all about what mood I'm in.

I do love how well Tom's thread is doing!

qwertysaur
05-06-2011, 03:31 PM
It's very very very very very hard to pick a favorite game.

Final Fantasy VI is possibly mine, but like Timekeeper said, it varies constantly. :p

Hollycat
05-06-2011, 09:57 PM
all of them

I Took the Red Pill
05-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Chrono Cross. :aimhappy:

Polnareff
05-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Mega Man Legends 2. It took my former favorite game and expanded it tremendously and on top of that improved it in every way. Makes me glad that MML3 may finally be coming, though that depends on if the prototype does well or not.

ljkkjlcm9
05-17-2011, 10:07 PM
The World Ends With You

THE JACKEL

movwills
05-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Mine faves which i hv played:

Fifa 2009
Call of duty 4
God of War 4
Crysis 2
Warcraft 3
Super Mario world

escobert
05-25-2011, 01:25 AM
The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VII
The Marathon trilogy
Diablo II
Guild Wars

Shadowdust
05-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Well long ago, I would've listed some Final Fantasy game. After looking at my Raptr profile though, I think it's pretty safe to say that LOTRO is definitely my favorite game. I've put 851 hours into that game since it went free to play in September.

Remon
05-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Tales of the abyss mr bot.

Rantz
05-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Mine favourite game are Final Fantasy IX. I am waiting for your reply.

-JJ-
05-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Playing game is fun
Sometimes I play Resident Evil 4 with funny Spanish Zombie Men
Other Times Final Fantasy III (VI)

Metal Gear Solid 1 is good game... It has Ninja

Bye Bot ... ... ...

cody
05-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I gotta say FFIX, Chrono Cross, then Super Metroid & the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Oh! And Katamari Damacy. That game is like crack for me.

DMKA
05-29-2011, 11:21 PM
Final Fantasy VII

Pike
05-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Super Mario RPG. But to be honest, half of the reason I'm saying that is because I love so many games that if I didn't pick an absolute, hard favorite, I'd never make up my mind.

So, I'm picking the first game that blew my mind to the point that it was a firm favorite for a couple of years. And that game is SMRPG.

Dreddz
05-30-2011, 08:50 PM
Final Fantasy VII

About time someone showed some balls in this place.

Laddy
05-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Final Fantasy VII. IV, VI, and IX are my other favorites in the particular series.

However, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Civilization IV, Tales of the Abyss and Symphonia, are my favorites after FFVII.

Pike
05-31-2011, 06:32 PM
Civilization IV

I like you.

Civ IV is definitely on my top five list somewhere.

Nifleheim7
06-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Shadow of the Colossus.

TrollHunter
06-02-2011, 03:20 AM
I love okami and LoZ minish cap~ Don't have any favorites though

AdinDen
06-04-2011, 08:11 AM
My favorite game is call of duty blacks ops. This is very interesting war game.

magemasher
06-08-2011, 10:00 PM
FF9 OR Dragon Age 1 and 2. The 1st Shadow Hearts was pretty good too.

Edge7
06-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Right now I'm in a Tales mood, so I'm gonna say my favorite game for the PS2 is currently Tales of the Abyss. Other times, it might be Sly 2, Jak II, or Metal Gear Solid 3.

My favorite DS game is The World Ends With You. Period.

In the case of every other console, there's too many choices to decide.

Del Murder
06-09-2011, 07:40 PM
If I had to pick a single favourite game it would still be FFVI. I still enjoy playing it to this day.

I think OP is a bot but I also like FF6

I concur with FF6

Final Fantasy VI is possibly mine
All good people here. FFVI is the best video game ever made.

For me it's usually not hard to pick a favorite. FFVI is clearly it. A second favorite would be pretty hard. It's probably FFVII, but some games I love include:

Chrono Trigger
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Super Mario World
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics

Hollycat
06-09-2011, 07:42 PM
My favorite game is call of duty blacks ops. This is very interesting war game.

I hate bots, especially bots that cant make a proper sentence.

my current favorite is monster hunter 3

Del Murder
06-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I can't wait until the days where the bots have evolved to the point that they are indistinguishable from regular members. Then maybe we can finally coexist in peace.

TrollHunter
06-09-2011, 08:35 PM
I can't wait until the days where the bots have evolved to the point that they are indistinguishable from regular members. Then maybe we can finally coexist in peace.

Just because he has 1 very generic thread and 1 (and only 1) very generic post doesn't make him a bot.... oh wait

Del Murder
06-09-2011, 09:03 PM
You have a point. It took us many posts to discover Roogle.

Pike
06-10-2011, 06:28 AM
I lied earlier. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri is my favorite game. Also, it's now $6 (http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri), so no one has an excuse not to own it.

Zwei
06-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Final Fantasy VII.

It's just pure magic to me, it's hard to explain. It was the perfect game at the perfect time, I guess..

aquatius
06-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Golden Sun 1/2. I'm scared to play the DS game in case it ruins it :(

Carl the Llama
06-19-2011, 04:31 AM
Final Fantasy VII.

It's just pure magic to me, it's hard to explain. It was the perfect game at the perfect time, I guess..

Someone who is man enough to admit it, awesome.

Also I have changed my mind, I now decree that The Board Game online is my new favourite game:

Board Game Online - Create Game (http://www.boardgame-online.com/creategame.php)

Only click this link if your ready to sacrifice your social life outside of the internet xD

TrollHunter
06-19-2011, 06:10 AM

I highly recommend the ds version, it fits in perfectly and I enjoyed just as much (if not a bit more) than the original and second gs installment. The music still kicks ass, the combats still in depth as always and the story is still quite good.

Selphie Tilmitt
06-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Hmmm ,, hard to choose a single favorite game

I`ll say FINAL FANTASY VIII , i loved the storyline,characters,dialogs,BGM and the atmosphere of the game !

BrunoWills
07-12-2011, 07:29 AM
My favorite game is Bubble Ball game. I play this game online.

starlet
07-13-2011, 03:59 PM
A few of my favorites have already been mentioned so Ill point out some of my favorites that haven't been mentioned; Okami, Fat Princess, DDR and old school sonic (from the sega days)

Shaibana
07-26-2011, 10:04 PM
i love story's with a good (personal) story.
When i play a game i need to like the character of else i wont enjoy playing it.
got Darksiders a year (of two) ago from a friend, but i didnt like the character so i played it like 10 min haha..

what i also cant stand is anonymous characters. Mostly prefering to War-games. in these games u dont really have a name or face. ur soldier nr.16.. ... ..

Games i really enjoy:
Assassins creed, though i have to admit i wont play it twice.. mostly becaus of the length.

Uncharted .. .. cant get enough ^^

Killzone, 1 of the verry view 1st person shooters i like. but than again the character is not anonymous and it has a good (personal) story.

FF7 & FF13

that would be the top of the top for me ^^

Skyblade
07-27-2011, 08:45 AM

I highly recommend the ds version, it fits in perfectly and I enjoyed just as much (if not a bit more) than the original and second gs installment. The music still kicks ass, the combats still in depth as always and the story is still quite good.

I can't quite second this. It fits in well, but not "perfectly". There are a bunch of new locations that arrive out of nowhere (Angara is far more crowded than it was in the original games). It works, but it is really jarring to walk across what is supposedly the same continent and seeing so much more there. It is understandable why they did this, to expand upon the area and flesh out the world, and it works, but it does leave you thinking "where exactly was this huge ancient ruin or this town when Isaac was here", especially since most of these places supposedly did exist during that trip (though they were smaller and less developed, as things have begun to grow a lot since Alchemy was restored).

Also, I think the game fails a bit at the puzzles, especially early on. You are almost walked through several of them, with the game going "ooh, I think we should move these blocks and fit them into this place, can you do that?" way too often. It isn't until about 1/3rd of the way through or so that the puzzles pick up to the sort of free figuring that I was used to with GS and LA.

On the other hand, some things were great. The overhaul to the dungeon Psynergy system is gorgeous, the music is brilliant, most of the character development is spot on, the combat UI is improved... Best of all was the update to the superbosses. The easier ones got replaced, while the harder (and more fun) battles like the Star Magician return in all their glory (and have even been buffed a bit).

Overall, a solid game. It doesn't "ruin" the series by any means, and it does give you some welcome insights into what happens next. But, in some ways, it is not quite as good as the original.

TrollHunter
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM

I can't quite second this. It fits in well, but not "perfectly". There are a bunch of new locations that arrive out of nowhere (Angara is far more crowded than it was in the original games). It works, but it is really jarring to walk across what is supposedly the same continent and seeing so much more there. It is understandable why they did this, to expand upon the area and flesh out the world, and it works, but it does leave you thinking "where exactly was this huge ancient ruin or this town when Isaac was here", especially since most of these places supposedly did exist during that trip (though they were smaller and less developed, as things have begun to grow a lot since Alchemy was restored).

Also, I think the game fails a bit at the puzzles, especially early on. You are almost walked through several of them, with the game going "ooh, I think we should move these blocks and fit them into this place, can you do that?" way too often. It isn't until about 1/3rd of the way through or so that the puzzles pick up to the sort of free figuring that I was used to with GS and LA.

On the other hand, some things were great. The overhaul to the dungeon Psynergy system is gorgeous, the music is brilliant, most of the character development is spot on, the combat UI is improved... Best of all was the update to the superbosses. The easier ones got replaced, while the harder (and more fun) battles like the Star Magician return in all their glory (and have even been buffed a bit).

Overall, a solid game. It doesn't "ruin" the series by any means, and it does give you some welcome insights into what happens next. But, in some ways, it is not quite as good as the original.

I can surely agree with the puzzle issue. It just walks you through so much which I'm not a fan of. Personally even with the problems it has the overhaul it received gives it a solid place in the series. But hey, that's just me and to each their own.
It's obvious that it's not as good as the original though, nostalgia goggles or no that game is fantastic. Ironically I enjoyed it more than my play-through of Chrono Trigger, at least in terms of combat.

willene2011
07-28-2011, 08:27 AM
My favorite game is being Suikoden 2.:eek:

kamani
07-28-2011, 11:34 AM
I like to play video games and like those much ....
I like to play the shooting and racing games and much enjoyed that one...

Ashley Riot
07-28-2011, 01:10 PM
King of fighters...

Oh, rpg.. FF9

TrollHunter
07-28-2011, 08:58 PM

You know, bots have some of the most wonderful and diverse opinions don't you think?

Shaibana
07-29-2011, 06:52 PM

You know, bots have some of the most wonderful and diverse opinions don't you think?

rofl!!

btw people.. i think it would be more interesting if you expplained wy u like those games... .. .. ..

stuff like: 'i like racing games' is boring to read :P
wy do u like it? wich do u play the most? etc etc etc

TrollHunter
07-30-2011, 03:41 AM
You know, after a bit of replaying the ratchet and clank series reminded me why it took up so much of my childhood. I just love the combat and characters in it so much, it's fast paced challenging and most importantly fun. I may put R&C 1-3 on my favorite games list now. I can't put just one up there, they are all great for different reasons, each with it's own flaws and pro's that make it unique.
Jak and Daxter, Jak II, and Jak III were also fantastic plat-formers/shooters. The Sly Cooper series also remains as one of the ps2's best series. I already mentioned Okami, but Ico and Shadow of the Colossus also need to be added. Those 3 games were just art to me, beautiful games. Devil may cry, Kingdom hearts, FF 10/12, I just can't do favorites.
The Ps2 is obviously my favorite gaming system for obvious reasons.

DurzBall
08-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Hey what's up this is my favorite Games...Super Mario is my favorite!!

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/2892/indexjhi.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/indexjhi.jpg/)

Heath
08-05-2011, 10:31 AM
For single-player: I'd say it's between Metroid Prime, Chrono Trigger and Sonic 3 & Knuckles (I spent so much time playing this when I was younger)

For multiplayer: Perfect Dark, SSB:M or F Zero GX.

Gamblet
10-16-2011, 03:04 PM
The Elder Scrolls