PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft

Shlup
04-26-2011, 11:00 PM
I started playing Minecraft just yesterday. There's a lot of lava. Lava is hot.

Discuss.

Dignified Pauper
04-26-2011, 11:07 PM
It is an amazing game. I played with Penny Arcaders at this server:

NATIONS AT WAR (http://www.nationsatwar.org)

Madame Adequate
04-27-2011, 02:08 AM
It's okay. Not the revolution many seem to think, but a fun enough way to spend some time.

Notch is worse at coding than Bethesda are though, I swear.

TrollHunter
04-27-2011, 02:16 AM
*viewer discretion is advised*
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y121/Sacredragon/MinecraftCreeper.png

Bunny
04-27-2011, 02:24 AM
WHY ARE THERE GODDAMN SHEEP IN MY HOUSE

Shlup
04-27-2011, 02:38 AM
Yeah, it's not great, but it's fun. Sims is to Barbie as Minecraft is to LEGO.

TrollHunter
04-27-2011, 02:55 AM
Yeah, it's not great, but it's fun. Sims is to Barbie as Minecraft is to LEGO.

Oh I agree with this completely. Especially considering that's pretty much how each game is in a way.

Jiro
04-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I can't get into it. I play it for a little bit and then just cba. I have a sweet base underground and a boat that takes me over to my work-in-progress sky fort but fuck it's so much effort.

Bunny
04-27-2011, 06:26 PM
FortressCraft (http://www.fortresscraft.com/) > Minecraft anyhow.

Shlup
04-27-2011, 10:36 PM
FortressCraft (http://www.fortresscraft.com/) > Minecraft anyhow.

That does look good. But I like PC.

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2011, 10:43 AM
I have build huge places, mansions, even a theme park on one server. I think I'm done with the game.

Jiro
04-28-2011, 11:51 AM
You say that now, but these games are addictive. Look at MILF and dwarf fortress. He's going to die playing that game.

Aerith's Knight
04-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Dude, I once spend my off hours on four days building a 6 blocks wide bridge with railings and torches, through the air (20 blocks up), to the nearest player town. Do you know how long that takes when you are not allowed to fly? no, I think I'm done.

Plus, getting grieved is so annoying.

Madame Adequate
05-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah I've been playing it for the last week or so (Now that Notch has fixed the code so that IT ACTUALLY WORKS without crashing within two minutes on my computer) and I can see how someone would want to be done with it. And how griefing would be massively heartbreaking, I've spent ages lovingly crafting some :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty little house, I'd be buttsore in the extreme if someone trolled me and destroyed it.

Single-player for the win.

TrollHunter
05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Well there's always the creepers, unless you're on peaceful. Peaceful is great is all you're looking to do is build but considering I don't want to spend forever building crap (what my stuff turns out to look like) I just explore. :)

FFIX Choco Boy
05-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Personally, I like turning on the inventory hacks on single player, and putting down a few hundred TNT and blowing the entire map apart bit by savory bit.

Shlup
05-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I've just been playing on a private server with a handful of friends. They're all building huge above-ground structures, while I have an intricate tunnel system that leads to small wood cabins on the surface in random locations. I have an underground waterslide and a huge library with a fireplace.

I keep calling them pussies for playing in peaceful mode though.

Aerith's Knight
05-03-2011, 09:32 PM
I've just been playing on a private server with a handful of friends. They're all building huge above-ground structures, while I have an intricate tunnel system that leads to small wood cabins on the surface in random locations. I have an underground waterslide and a huge library with a fireplace.

I keep calling them pussies for playing in peaceful mode though.

No need for peaceful mode if those exploding bastards are nerfed. Otherwise everything breaks down because of them.

Madame Adequate
05-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I played on Normal with the RPGMobs mod.

Explosions ERRY DAY, because the Knights don't know how to fight Creepers so they just get blown up. Wrecked half my town before I got sick of it and turned it off xD

Renmiri
05-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I have 2 little servers for friends and family, one peaceful, just for building, one normal. griefing is easily handled through not letting any stranger login :p

I made a server for EoFF once, but no one logged in so i took it out. Was laggy anyway, so no biggie :p

If anyone likes lava, this is a great seed, full of lava pools and lava waterfalls on the surface

lava (and water) waterfall cords
x = 386
y = 72
z = 248

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6883/capture02052011153821.jpg

there is a lava pool around -94, 73,113 and a pumpkin patch near it. Clay too. And several other lava waterfalls on surface level. :)

Shlup
05-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Why would anyone like lava? When building my mine, I built some lava pools, and kept having to run and smash through glass to dunk myself in water.

Which I guess was kind of fun.

But I'm already over this game. It's too much of a time-suck. Maybe if my friends turned on monsters there'd be something to do other than spend endless hours hacking at rocks.

TrollHunter
05-05-2011, 11:21 PM
I want an endless spawn of creepers. That would just be smurfing AWESOME. Raining creepers ohhh yeah~

Renmiri
05-06-2011, 12:26 AM
I like lava because it is free light and free protection from monsters and you get to enjoy the scenery.

But having water near is very handy, as Schlup says.

Værn
05-06-2011, 02:48 AM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2680/mclava2.png
Lava isn't as scary when it's covered with glass :O
Unless you put a lava pool in sand, and then start digging a shortcut to your mine underneath it. And that's why the bottom of my lava pool is lined with cobblestone now ^_^

Shlup
05-06-2011, 06:26 AM
Yeah, when I was digging my tunnels I closed off most of the lava I found in glass.

KentaRawr!
05-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Well, the Terraria thread made me want to make this thread. :p

I've been on a big Minecraft rush lately. I even made a custom skin. :3 Here's the Minecraft site if you'd like to check it out: Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/)

You can play Minecraft Classic for free. In that, all you do is build. Minecraft Beta, which you need to pay $15 for, is the game of survival everyone's so addicted to. Both games are pretty bare-bones, but they represent something in development, so I think it's understandable. To me, playing Minecraft alone isn't particularly fun. It's when you're playing with other people that it absorbs your soul. :3

So, anyone else play Minecraft?

(I was going to put a picture of my house along with this, but it looks like photobucket is down!)

Edit: oh

Jiro
05-23-2011, 04:43 AM
I recently constructed a waterfall elevator for my sky fort.

Problem is, it doesn't work. I get stuck in the wall and (probably) die. I dunno, I save+quit as soon as I got stuck :p

Shlup
05-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Bwa ha ha

No, I don't play Minecraft. Minecraft is an awful game that turns otherwise normal people into zombies for no good reason.

I Took the Red Pill
05-25-2011, 06:57 AM
I'll just leave this here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGkkyKZVzug)

Jiro
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Spent hours playing today, why the fuck do I keep getting addicted.

Shlup
05-26-2011, 12:05 AM
That video makes me want to kill myself. I am usually very tolerant of people's life choices, but there is nothing acceptable about that.

Pike
05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I've tried Minecraft a couple of times and while I can certainly see the appeal it has never seemed to "hook" me the way it has other people. I think the most it did for me was one time when I spent a good three or four hours or so absolutely mesmerized by building a gigantic house, but once I was finished with that I couldn't think of anything else to build and quit playing not long after.

I don't think I have the patience to make anything particularly impressive :tonberry:

KentaRawr!
05-26-2011, 04:45 PM
That video makes me want to kill myself. I am usually very tolerant of people's life choices, but there is nothing acceptable about that.

You'll be saying otherwise once he gets facebook running in minecraft!

Shlup
05-26-2011, 08:40 PM
I threw up in my mouth a little.

Jiro
05-27-2011, 11:09 AM
That made me giddy

o_O
05-28-2011, 09:34 AM
I can't wait until that thing can run Minecraft.

Dignified Pauper
05-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Terraria has taken up all my time anymore.

TrollHunter
05-31-2011, 04:00 AM
I can't wait until that thing can run Minecraft.

It's like inception...

Pike
07-11-2011, 04:34 PM
So I officially have to rescind my previous post about not "getting" Minecraft; it finally clicked after months of trying and now I can't stop playing it. Oh how the mighty have fallen... :shobon:

I'm also messing around with Terraria, which is basically just 2D Minecraft, so far as I can tell.

Quindiana Jones
07-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I just installed Terraria. Works okay, shockingly. So FUCK YOU Can You Run It?! :D

If anyone wants to play and give me free stuff, just throw me the server address...thing.

FFIX Choco Boy
08-10-2011, 03:55 AM
I just started back up on Minecraft again. I decided it was tome to learn to do things other than just play, and I also decided to start making videos of myself playing. Basically, that ended me up here after only one day, with 9 YouTube videos, 5 different worlds with their own rules and themes, about 20 TNT cannons, a couple roller coasters, and one gigantic door lock. I'm addicted to screwing around with redstone... If anyone wants to lookit any of my vids, user name is Glodwran468. I plan on loading even more up tomorrow, but I need sleep tonight.