PDA

View Full Version : I'm playing Kingdom Hearts for the first time!

EllieButton
04-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Eric told me I should make a thread about this. I think he called it a walk thru. I don't know what that is. :)

I love Disney and so far I like Final Fantasy. :jess: The music video at the beginning was so cool! I'm still on the island but so far I like this game. But I think Eric just wants me to play it so I come over more often. ^_^

Marshall Banana
04-27-2011, 07:50 AM
Cool!

Did you watch the intro that plays after you linger on the start screen for a while? It's a must-see! It always makes me excited to play the game. XP

The first few worlds might bore you a little -- even if you do like Disney -- but keep trekking! It's worth it! The storyline is very simple and childish, but that's what I like about it. Also, it reminds me of a fairy tale itself, which is appropriate and another reason I like it.

:ariel:

EllieButton
04-27-2011, 08:46 AM
I didn't even know there was another video! :eek: I'll watch that one too. I thought the beginning was a little strange. Running up an endless staircase. But everything after has been fun. I liked killing those shadow guys it wasn't very hard at all. :D

Jiro
04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
I have no idea if I've ever seen that video. I should go and find out!

Marshall Banana
04-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Here it is. (http://youtu.be/suE3XRvLtC0)

qwertysaur
04-27-2011, 06:16 PM
The game starts to really pick up when you get to Agrabah (The 5th world you will visit.) :p

What did you choose and what did you give up? (The sword, shield and Staff at the beginning of the game)

Depression Moon
04-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Dang you kind of late to the game. Like others have said the first two Disney worlds are a little slow, but it gets good after that.

Crop
04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Fantastic game. Play this one, then just don't touch the rest of the KH games and it'll live in your memory as a classic forever.

qwertysaur
04-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Fantastic game. Play this one, then just don't touch the rest of the KH games and it'll live in your memory as a classic forever.
I have to say I disagree. I've played most of the games (Haven't had the time to play Re:Coded yet unfortunately :() and each of them have been an enjoyable experience.

I acknowledge that CoM and Re:CoM are different and might not be everyone's style, but it is great to have a game where spamming the attack button won't work. :p

Marshall Banana
04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Agreed!

TrollHunter
04-27-2011, 10:33 PM
I have to say I disagree. I've played most of the games (Haven't had the time to play Re:Coded yet unfortunately :() and each of them have been an enjoyable experience.

I acknowledge that CoM and Re:CoM are different and might not be everyone's style, but it is great to have a game where spamming the attack button won't work. :p

I have to agree on this except I didn't enjoy CoM too much, it ended up driving me insane. I seem to be in the minority where I enjoyed KH2 above KH1. While the story/ending of kh2 sucked compared to that of the first game the combat in 2 flowed much better than in 1. I love 1 but overall 2 is more enjoyable for me to play (while muting certain scenes of course).

EllieButton
04-28-2011, 12:01 AM
The game starts to really pick up when you get to Agrabah (The 5th world you will visit.) :p

What did you choose and what did you give up? (The sword, shield and Staff at the beginning of the game)

I don't remember I just kind of picked at random. :(

I'm stuck running around looking for Goofy and Donald right now. And there are so many treasure chests that I can't figure out how to get to! It's so aggravating! :expee:

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2011, 12:23 AM
It's worth it! The storyline is very simple and childish, but that's what I like about it. Also, it reminds me of a fairy tale itself, which is appropriate and another reason I like it.

:ariel:

Yes xD

Lines like MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER make the game for me.

G13
04-28-2011, 12:27 AM
You kept the sword and gave up the staff if I remember correctly. And I told you to be patient about those chests, remember. You get more abilities later, and you can go back as many times as you want. There's really nothing good in them anyway.

I advise you listen to no one but qwerty in this thread. Kingdom Hearts is a great series. While II is fun and leaves you with a feeling like you're reminiscing with an old friend, the first blows it out of the water, and that's the only slightly negative thing I think I'll ever say about this series. Though, admittedly, I haven't played 358/2 or Birth by Sleep.

TrollHunter
04-28-2011, 01:06 AM
You kept the sword and gave up the staff if I remember correctly. And I told you to be patient about those chests, remember. You get more abilities later, and you can go back as many times as you want. There's really nothing good in them anyway.

I advise you listen to no one but qwerty in this thread. Kingdom Hearts is a great series. While II is fun and leaves you with a feeling like you're reminiscing with an old friend, the first blows it out of the water, and that's the only slightly negative thing I think I'll ever say about this series. Though, admittedly, I haven't played 358/2 or Birth by Sleep.

Two is just funner combat wise to me. The story of one was so much better though. The main problem I have with KH2 is the ending kindof goes against kh tradition where most if not all the endings are tear jerkers where the kh2 ending is the complete opposite which kindof upset me in a weird way. KH1 was phenomenal for its time and will rest as a classic to me for a long time.
Summary: Combat in kh2 is better in my opinion whereas the story of kh1 makes kh2 look like tetris.

Wolf Kanno
04-28-2011, 05:15 AM
I can agree with TrollHunter about KH2 having a better combat system while KH1 has the better story but then again I feel KH2 has the weakest plot in the series though I haven't played KH:coded yet.

KH1 is the most Disney friendly in the series, making the Disney elements feel important (same with the FF cameos) the rest of the series moves onto its own story that KH1 will introduce and Disney and FF elements will feel more like filler in the later installments.

qwertysaur
04-28-2011, 05:34 PM
There are some chests that you will not be able to get to until close to the end of the game. Traverse Town is the biggest offender of this because it's revisited so often. :p It's a good idea to revisit each world later in the game to get things you may have missed. Just a couple warnings though. There is a trinity mark in Halloween Town that if not activated before fighting Oogie Boogie, it will be inaccessible forever, so if things like that annoy you make sure to get it when you can. The rewards for this particular mark are nothing special.

Also there is an event that will result in every world getting stronger enemies, when this happens there will also be two superbosses you want to know about because they will happily beat you up if you are unprepared. Kurt Zisa is in Agrabah and he can disable your magic during one of his phases and hits very hard during that phase. The other is the Phantom in Neverland. He is a magic based boss that uses doom to remove your party from the rest of the battle.

Also there are a special group of heartless you should know about. They are all very rare and if you know what to do with them you can get some very nice rewards. The White Mushrooms will do a cute action signaling a specific spell they want you to cast on them, and if you cast the correct spell 3 times they will be very happy and give you lots of presents. The Black Fungus ones are evil and have very high defenses, love to poison you and can make themselves invulnerable for a bit. Finally the blue Rare Truffles are very rare, and when they appear they will be jumping because they love to jump. You have to hit them to see how many times you can help them bounce before they hit the ground, the more you hit them, the better the rewards.

Fynn
04-28-2011, 06:24 PM
You should play as much of the series as you can! Arguably, the handheld titles are even better than the console titles. BbS has the best system yet, while 358/2 and CoM present their stories in a very touching way. I have yet to play coded, though the opinions I've heard of it vary pretty much.

Del Murder
04-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Here's a good strategy for some of the tougher parts in the game:

Mash X.

TrollHunter
04-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Here's a good strategy for some of the tougher parts in the game:

Mash X.

Oh my god, I never would have thought of that. :eek:
Thank you for your words of wisdom good sir.

G13
04-29-2011, 02:17 AM
I tried to teach her how to deflect attacks and get some tech points but she couldn't get the hang of the timing. Luckily I'm a smurfing master at it and got her to level 10 before she left the island. :smug:

I know, I'm pretty awesome. You may rep me if you wish.

Marshall Banana
04-29-2011, 03:25 AM
Pfft! I have a save in which Sora is about level 30 and still on Destiny Islands (no joke)!

qwertysaur
04-29-2011, 04:29 AM
I just have snapshots of Selphie's panties as well as Jane's because it was a challenge. :bowpanties:

Playing Baseball with Wakka is a lot of fun though, sometimes I got him to hit Tidus or Selphie even. :bigsmile:

EllieButton
04-30-2011, 07:00 AM
The gummi battles are hard :( I keep shooting but I forget to steer and crash and die:(

It was better when I was hitting bad guys with the keyblade. Eric made me super strong ^_^

Marshall Banana
05-01-2011, 12:02 AM
The gummi battles are hard :( I keep shooting but I forget to steer and crash and die:(

It was better when I was hitting bad guys with the keyblade. Eric made me super strong ^_^
The Gummi sequences are pretty boring! =x
Look forward to soon being able to teleport to worlds you've previously visited!

Depression Moon
05-01-2011, 01:30 AM
I found the gummi ship building to be a lot more fun in this game than in 2. I remember spending hours building ships in the first game.

Marshall Banana
05-01-2011, 01:44 AM
Me, too! Building ships is pretty fun. Flying them...isn't.

Related: YouTube - Millennium Falcon Gummi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J1Thg7l1BU)

G13
05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Damn, that's a sexy gummi ship. :cool:

TrollHunter
05-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I found the gummi ship building to be a lot more fun in this game than in 2. I remember spending hours building ships in the first game.

I can agree with this completely. While both games ship sections sucked the ones in 2 sucked a bit less. The ones in Kh1 were just... just... horrible.

Jiro
05-03-2011, 01:52 PM
I want that Millennium Falcon. I want it.

Del Murder
05-03-2011, 11:22 PM
You...want this.

TrollHunter
05-04-2011, 02:34 AM
You...want this.

I... want this...
-shakes head- what are you trying to do?

Shaibana
05-08-2011, 06:18 PM
:D dont know if anyone posted yet but....
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Opening Intro HD 1080p (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyjxxvNJAY4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43gzkxsFTzs *edited: English opening version xD*
YouTube - Utada Hikaru - Simple and Clean
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT_-_UFwnlo)
YouTube - Hikari by Utada Hikaru ( Translation ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ie2pu5ctfg)
same song, 3 versions =D

Hikari is personaly my favorite version among these...
:D lovin it!!

qwertysaur
05-08-2011, 07:55 PM
The PV for Hikari is is random xD

Shaibana
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM
PV?

qwertysaur
05-09-2011, 01:10 AM
PV?
YouTube - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOSNIIx5u_U)

Shaibana
05-09-2011, 09:21 AM
2:31, shes to late with the water :P

.. ... ... fascinating video

Sword
05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
:D dont know if anyone posted yet but....
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Opening Intro HD 1080p (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyjxxvNJAY4)
YouTube - Utada Hikaru - Simple and Clean
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT_-_UFwnlo)
YouTube - Hikari by Utada Hikaru ( Translation ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ie2pu5ctfg)
same song, 3 versions =D

Hikari is personaly my favorite version among these...
:D lovin it!!

Shouldn't it be 4 versions? I mean you included the japanese remix version so why not the english remix version too?

Shaibana
05-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Lol, i was actualy aiming for the english version.. HAH now i guess i found a japanese version :P

.. the remix doesnt sound that good in japanese :(
*edits previous message*

Shaibana
07-26-2011, 10:27 PM
i love this game but after playing ventus and aqua terra is starting to annoy me.
the characters are to sweet :S
its just not realistic with all the crap like 'Yes i can see her pure heart' etc etc.
they always help the good characters who act kind of weird :S maybe its the way those disney characters talk that annoy me (refering mostly to Snow White).

sorry but i just cant stand that always-believe-in-theyre-good-side-attitude.

the playable characters always talk so theatrical in theyre word-choice.

... just had to get that off my chest

edit: hey lol i posted here before xD

TrollHunter
07-26-2011, 11:12 PM
-looks at sora- Yeah they're a bit less annoying in that regard.

*Devore*
07-29-2011, 12:01 AM
PV?

She just made washing up look really fun and enjoyable. But in reality, its pretty dull.

Shaibana
07-29-2011, 06:50 PM
PV?

She just made washing up look really fun and enjoyable. But in reality, its pretty dull.

maybe u should put on this song verry loud en immitate it :D

qazw
08-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Fantastic game :)

sir helix
09-02-2011, 03:27 PM
i tried to get my girlfriend into kh, she plays them but gets mad when i yell ariel recover every time she goes flying through air