PDA

View Full Version : Albums

Rantz
04-27-2011, 11:04 AM
So many bands and artists I love are releasing new albums right now (and recently)! Architecture in Helsinki, Panic! at the Disco, Explosions in the Sky, Peter Bjorn & John, Noah and the Whale, Alexi Murdoch, The Sounds and Foo Fighters. Earlier this year was Cold War Kids and The Decemberists. 2011 seems to be a great year for music.

Which albums are you listening to right now, or looking forward to? Alternatively, have you listened to any of aforementioned new albums? What are your impressions?

Rocket Edge
04-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Can't say I listened to any of the above Ranty. I don't really buy much albums of late because I'm not crazy about today's music. The only albums I've bought recently are as follows:

4X4=12 - deadmau5
It moved away from their earlier albums style slightly. Still more than decent though. 3.5/5

Come Around Sundown - Kings of Leon
I never really liked Only By The Night all too much, so it's a welcome return to form. 4/5

Jiro
04-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I have listened to and enjoyed the new Panic! album as well as Architecture in Helsinki and Foo Fighters.

Some other bands I like that released new albums recently: Rise Against, Hungry Kids of Hungary, Art vs Science. I believe We The Kings has a fairly recent album out too but I only know one of their songs :3

It's definitely been a decent year for music for me so far. My favourite band just reunited and is releasing an album soon! :excited:

charliepanayi
04-27-2011, 01:28 PM
2011 albums I'm really enjoying so far: PJ Harvey (her best album in a decade), The Decemberists, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart (nothing too original but I love them), Elbow, Lykke Li, Explosions in the Sky (see Pains of Being...), Low (one of my favourite bands ever, and as consistently brilliant as ever)

Some great stuff out in the next two months: Fleet Foxes, Wild Beasts, Okkervil River, My Morning Jacket, The Antlers, ****ed Up, Bon Iver.

Rantz
04-27-2011, 02:00 PM
I can't believe I forgot to mention PJ Harvey's new album. It's amazing! Low sounds interesting.

Pete for President
04-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Definitely Cold War Kids. The new Fleet Foxes album is nice too (it's available as a stream in various places). I like the new Architecture in Helsinki, but the latest Peter Bjorn & John couldn't seem to interest me at all.

There's a new Dwarves album coming out soon which will probably bring out the diabolic punkrocker in me once more. Can't wait!

Edit: the Morning Benders are in the studio at the moment and I hope they get to release their new work this year. Big Echo was amazing!

Jiro
04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
I can't believe I forgot to mention this guy's album ^^. It's top quality and I'm not even kidding.

Rantz
04-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Yes, The MAYDAYS' new album is not bad at all either. :)

TrollHunter
04-27-2011, 05:38 PM
I've heard system is reuniting to do another tour, oh if they come up to Denver I'll totally go to see that. :hyper:

NorthernChaosGod
04-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I do not listen to any of that music.

As always I am listening to a lot of Between the Buried and Me. Shadows Fall and Megadeth's new albums have been in pretty heavy rotation as well. Rise Against's new album got a fair amount of play when I first got it.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
The new BTBAM LP is pretty impressive. Plus the fact that the next album is supposed to be along the same them.

I heard the new Sylosis, and was surprised. They really kicked it up.

I think iwrestledabearonce has something coming along.

The new Eluveitie is also pretty good.

So, metal metal metal metal metal.

Shattered Dreamer
04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Albums released in 2011 I like?

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Rival Schools - Pedals

Click!

Boney King
04-28-2011, 01:18 AM
My favourite albums of the year so far:

Radiohead - The King of Limbs (electronic/alternative rock)
Colin Stetson - New History Warfare Vol. 2: Judges (experimental saxophone/drone-jazz)
Thursday - No Devolucion (post-hardcore, post-rock, indie rock)
Mogwai - Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will (post-rock)
Trap Them - Darker Handcraft (chaotic hardcore, crust/grindcore)

Looking forward to new albums from Thrice, Laura Stevenson and the Cans, and Boards of Canada (maybe? hopefully?). Oh and Tyler the Creator's new album should be the tits.

NeoCracker
04-28-2011, 01:23 AM
The New Gorillaz album, The Fall, is pretty solid. It's probably their worst album thus far, but it's still consistantly good, the exceptions being Bobby in Pheonix, which is on the same level as sweepstakes in terms of bad, and Revolving doors which is simply wonderful.

Pete for President
04-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I can't believe I forgot to mention this guy's album ^^. It's top quality and I'm not even kidding.

Yes, The MAYDAYS' new album is not bad at all either. :)

Thanks thanks thanks : )

I Don't Need A Name
04-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Foo Fighters - Wasting Light
Panic! At The Disco - Vices & Virtues
Funeral For A Friend - Welcome Home Armageddon
The Blackout - Hope