PDA

View Full Version : Marathon by Tantalus4

ZaphodOfTantalus
04-28-2011, 11:49 PM
Hi!

It's time for us in Tantalus4 to announce our upcoming marathon! We will attempt to beat all the "real" Final Fantasy games, aka 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13, in that order. We will livestream the entire event at our webpage Tantalus 4 | Home (http://tantalus4.se) between 18th and 26th of June.

We made an attempt on this last year, but a lot of small problems stopped us from completing the event. This year we have brought in some new players, polished our skills and made a much better plan. The goal will be to finish all the games in less than 8 days!

So, visit Tantalus 4 | Home (http://tantalus4.se) for more information (don't miss posting in our guestbook), write down 18th to 26th of June in your calendars, join our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=104208229630389, and tell your friends about this epic event! See you there!

/Zaphod aka Hannes Bolinder of Tantalus4

qwertysaur
04-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Good luck! What versions of I, II, III, IV, V and VI will you be playing?

Jiro
04-29-2011, 12:02 AM
I always love these things. You guys are mental and I hope you can pull it off.

Rostum
04-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Nice! Good luck with it. I loved it when The Speed Gamers did a marathon in 2009 - it kept me company during all those lonely long nights of assignment work.

ZaphodOfTantalus
04-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Good question qwertysaur, we will post that on our webpage aswell, hadn't though of that :P I,II-Origins version for PS, III-Nintendo DS version, IV,V-Anthology version for PS, VI-PS1

Thanks, we might indeed be mental, but in a very very good way!

qwertysaur
04-29-2011, 12:51 AM
But the Anthology version has terrible load times, that surely will make your goal trickier to achieve. See if you can use the Advance ports for IV through VI. :p

Crop
04-29-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm glad you're attempting this again, your last one was great.
Sadly I'm not going to be able to watch any of it on those dates :( good luck though, I'll be sure to check if you did it or not.

Jessweeee♪
04-29-2011, 02:07 AM
Looking forward to it!

Rantz
04-29-2011, 10:03 AM
These are always fun to peek in on!

Del Murder
04-29-2011, 05:25 PM
But the Anthology version has terrible load times, that surely will make your goal trickier to achieve. See if you can use the Advance ports for IV through VI. :p
That may be hard to webcam though. :p

I can't believe you guys are doing this again. That's nuts!

ZaphodOfTantalus
04-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Well, the choice of versions depends largely on what we in the team own, we could ofcourse play them emulated on a computer but that wouldn't feel real would it? I believe we did play one game emulated our last attempt, but I'm new to the team so I don't know what game it was.

It's really fun to read all these comments, your enthusiasm is candy for my ears (or eyes I guess)!

-edit-
It seems I was mistaken, we do actually play the NDS version of FF III emulated, we cannot stream directly from our NDS. Any tips on how to do that, would be awesome if we didnt have to emulate :P

Jiro
05-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Emulation would feel like cheating to me, especially because of the ability/urge to frame skip.

Marky Tee
05-04-2011, 06:36 AM
don't you guys have jobs? :p

ZaphodOfTantalus
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Ofcourse we aren't going to frameskip :P We'll reherse that game on an actual NDS, so our player will be used to playing it normal speed.

And Marky, ofcourse, atleast most of us, but I for one made sure my vacation includes our entire marathon, and the others did the same. Prioroties you know :P Also, as we all are good friends, we would just have hung out anyways, might aswell marathon together!