PDA

View Full Version : Law cards

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 04:36 PM
From ffta. I have beaten the game, but I have never figured out how to use law cards, not even once. help please? (I am going to go through a second playthrough and want to know how)

qwertysaur
04-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Press B, then Start. Choose Law cards. You never found that menu? It's all there in the manual. :p

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 11:57 PM
I bought used

Jiro
04-30-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm impressed that you got through without having to use Law Cards. They're super useful (granted not always) but it can really help you if your most powerful attacks are blocked by the stupid judge.

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 04:26 AM
I'm impressed that you got through without having to use Law Cards. They're super useful (granted not always) but it can really help you if your most powerful attacks are blocked by the stupid judge.

thanks, I'm kinda stubborn and hard headed. I played through ff8 without even realising that limit breaks existed. Im glad I know how to use law cards now, I remember a fight that was no hurting animals and it was all animals, I had to use a summon to win.

Skyblade
05-03-2011, 04:04 AM

thanks, I'm kinda stubborn and hard headed. I played through ff8 without even realising that limit breaks existed. Im glad I know how to use law cards now, I remember a fight that was no hurting animals and it was all animals, I had to use a summon to win.

Actually, even that would have gotten you in trouble if the Totema hadn't one-shotted them. The attack that ends the fight can break the law, because the fight ends immediately afterward, before the Judge gets a chance to red-card you.

Another method of bypassing "Dmg to Animals" and similar laws without law cards is to use Reaction abilities like Counter and Strikeback. It takes a long time, though, so if you can one shot them all with a Totema, go for it.