PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuals

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm sure this has been discussed but I haven't seen a thread about it. During the part where you have just landed for the first time and Faris goes off on her own, Bartz and Galuf walk in on Faris sleeping, then they both get all heart eyed and stuff. They are later shocked when Faris turns out to be female. Are Bartz and Galuf homosexuals who like girly men?

Jessweeee♪
04-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Whether they knew it or not, it was a female body sleeping in that bed, so it's not so strange that they'd feel attracted to her. If they aren't attracted to men, then it probably did cause them some confusion xD

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 09:25 PM
but she still had her clothes on so how in the world does that work?

Wolf Kanno
04-29-2011, 09:45 PM
The scene for me at least, implies that Faris wasn't in her usual attire so they saw her as a woman. That's why they had hearts cause Faris is pretty damn hot.

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 09:51 PM
but then they didn't think Faris was a woman?

Wolf Kanno
04-29-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure what you mean? Faris starts off pretending to be a man but after the wake up scene, its discovered she's a woman (who can kick all their asses) so she doesn't really try to hide her gender anymore.

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 10:02 PM
no, its not until she gets wet at the shipwreck they learn she is female

Wolf Kanno
04-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Whoops, my bad. You can tell its been awhile since I've played through FFV. Well, they probably just admired her beauty then, nothing wrong with a guy thinking another guy is good looking. :D

Roogle
04-30-2011, 12:06 AM
This was partially discussed in the Faris the Guy (http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-v/136297-faris-guy.html) topic.

Jessweeee♪
04-30-2011, 04:08 AM
but she still had her clothes on so how in the world does that work?

Boobs are harder to hide than you think. She wears her thick pirate garb in the day time, and likely wears something more comfortable to sleep in! Not that the sprite would show that.

Jiro
04-30-2011, 04:42 AM
Especially if you buy into all the fan art. She has a banging rack.

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 04:52 AM
but then how did they not guess she was a girl until later?

TrollHunter
04-30-2011, 04:55 AM
but then how did they not guess she was a girl until later?

Because it's video game logic. Why must you question it?

*Laurelindo*
04-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I think the hardest part for her in pretending to be a guy would be to act naturally;
it's easy to fall into a super-stereotypical behaviour when you pretend to be the other gender and as a result you give yourself away.

Wolf Kanno
04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, she has had a few years of practice. Though it would have been amusing to see a flashback of the original pirates trying to make her act like a man.

*Laurelindo*
04-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Well, she has had a few years of practice. Though it would have been amusing to see a flashback of the original pirates trying to make her act like a man.Well, it is quite interesting how some of the pirates at the Pirate's Hideout are like "Captain... I love you..." :p

Although I guess a pirate captain can exaggerate manliness quite a bit without coming off as weird. :jess:

Yar
05-01-2011, 06:52 AM
This makes me think...

Did the pirates know she was a woman? I know that they took her in after she left the kingdom, but was she old enough to hide it?? I can't remember atm

edit: nvm I found out :jess:

*Laurelindo*
05-02-2011, 11:23 AM
This makes me think...

Did the pirates know she was a woman? I know that they took her in after she left the kingdom, but was she old enough to hide it?? I can't remember atm

edit: nvm I found out :jess:Yeah, she was a kid when they found her and it's often pretty hard to distinguish boys from girls at a young age (especially if a boy has long hair).

Loony BoB
05-02-2011, 01:06 PM
This makes me think...

edit: nvm I found out :jess:Yeah, she was a kid when they found her and it's often pretty hard to distinguish boys from girls at a young age (especially if a boy has long hair).
I dunno about you, but there are some pretty damned easy ways to establish this. I don't think pirates would consider it to be a terrible thing to tell a boy to take a piss off the side of a ship, drop his pants, etc. They're pirates, they aren't going to be very politically correct and modest, are they?

Roogle
05-03-2011, 12:26 AM
I assumed that one of the pirates acted as a caretaker for the child and advised her to act as a man. This is sometimes seen in works of fiction. I think there is too little information to really know for sure.

Loony BoB
05-03-2011, 09:02 AM
That's true.

black orb
05-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Are Bartz and Galuf homosexuals who like girly men?
>>> The fact that they like girly men doesnt make them homosexual in my book. Well, if they were into manly men that would be another story..:luca:

Loony BoB
05-04-2011, 09:38 AM
What!? xD Are you saying men who have relationships with feminine men are not actually gay? xD

Hollycat
05-04-2011, 02:03 PM
It makes them pretty gay in my books, and I imagine them walking bent over out of the room if you get what I mean

black orb
05-05-2011, 05:21 AM
What!? xD Are you saying men who have relationships with feminine men are not actually gay? xD
>>> If is a feminine enough as Faris, no is not gay :ffviwag:..:luca:

It makes them pretty gay in my books
>>> That book needs actualization..:luca:

I Don't Need A Name
05-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Did the pirates know she was a woman? Depends whether you believe the stories about what happens at sea...

*Laurelindo*
05-10-2011, 03:25 PM
This makes me think...

I dunno about you, but there are some pretty damned easy ways to establish this. I don't think pirates would consider it to be a terrible thing to tell a boy to take a piss off the side of a ship, drop his pants, etc. They're pirates, they aren't going to be very politically correct and modest, are they?Well they did rescue her and take of her, so they were probably quite kind to her; even pirates have hearts, after all.

Jiro
05-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Faris could probably kick all their asses, I wouldn't mess with her.

Sometimes a dude looks hot. Fortunately they turn out to be a chick and all is resolved.

Rebellious Eagle
06-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Technically, since Faris is a female, they're not gay at all. Maybe they were just a little overfond of her as their captain. :monster:

Laddy
06-23-2011, 01:44 AM
They're gay for totals.

Bastian
06-23-2011, 11:18 PM
I think that when they saw her, they were confused. They saw Faris, but looking very feminine and attractive, and they were attracted. It was probably a relief when they discovered she was female.

aquatius
06-30-2011, 12:01 AM
Are you suggesting that Bartz likes butz?