PDA

View Full Version : Cohost search!

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Hey guys, did you enjoy the last mafia scum game? well guess what, we arent going to have another one until I find a cohost (or 2). Any volunteers? To volunteer you should be someone who is at least 5 hours worth of time zones away from me or it wont work. I am no central time in Texas. Any takers?

sharkythesharkdogg
04-29-2011, 09:47 PM
I read the rules, and I'm probably naive, but I don't quite follow the day and night time idea. Specifically the fact that you can't talk at night. How would people in different timezones be able to play if they're actually asleep during the "daytime" in the mafia game?

Doesn't having people from vastly different time zones make that awkward?

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 09:50 PM
day and night each last 24 hours

Jiro
04-30-2011, 03:34 AM
And sometimes you have to sacrifice your own sleep time for the betterment of the team!

Not really though, with 24 hours worth of "day time" and "night time" varying, you usually end up with decent amounts of activity.

Agent Proto
04-30-2011, 04:13 AM
Isn't it a bit too early to begin searching for a cohost?

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 04:21 AM
yeah, just thinking that if I don't get a cohost within a month then I will give up my turn

sharkythesharkdogg
04-30-2011, 04:24 AM
ah haaaa. That makes more sense.

Agent Proto
04-30-2011, 04:35 AM
You will need an experienced cohost since this would be your first time hosting. I suggest you ask some of the previous hosts to be your cohost. If none of them are interested I guess you could go through with this thread, or something,.

Here's a list of past hosts in no particular order. I might be missing a few though.

Levian
I Took the Red Pill
Miriel
Del Murder
Psychotic
qwertysaur
Freya
edczxcvbnm
Roto13
Sir Lancealot
leader of mortals
Goldenboko
Bahamut2000X
Jiro
Timekeeper
oddler
Laddy
Agent Proto

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 04:53 AM
thanks for the list

Jiro
04-30-2011, 04:59 AM
If the game happens while I'm on a break from uni then I could possibly cohost but I'll let you know how that turns out once we get closer to the date. Still 5-6 weeks til then.

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 03:09 PM
great, I finally get someone o help me and you ban him. thanks a bunch

Jiro
05-02-2011, 02:06 PM
You can't keep a Jiro down :smug:

qwertysaur
05-02-2011, 03:19 PM
You can't keep a Jiro down :smug:
Unless you spam don't more and don't act. Males can't equip ribbons.

Jiro
05-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm feminine enough to wear ribbons.

Timekeeper
05-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Here's a list of past hosts in no particular order. I might be missing a few though.

Timekeeper

I hosted? Awesome :D

Agent Proto
05-04-2011, 03:30 AM

Timekeeper

Weren't you Jiro's co-host or something? xD

qwertysaur
05-04-2011, 03:31 AM

Timekeeper

Weren't you Jiro's co-host or something? xD
Jiro cohosted with Laddy :p

Agent Proto
05-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Yeah, but Jiro also hosted the fruity mafia, where I was a serial killer who couldn't kill. :( I'm pretty sure Timekiller co-hosted.

qwertysaur
05-04-2011, 03:48 AM
Yeah, but Jiro also hosted the fruity mafia, where I was a serial killer who couldn't kill. :( I'm pretty sure Timekiller co-hosted.
That was the game he cohosted with Laddy. :p

Agent Proto
05-04-2011, 03:51 AM
Well, the information wasn't available in the wiki! My memory must be getting bad. :(

Jiro
05-04-2011, 04:55 AM
I WILL UPDATE THE WIKI EVENTUALLY. I'm just one man :(

Also yeah, it was a fruit theme, who else would've hosted it? :exdee:

qwertysaur
05-04-2011, 04:58 AM
I WILL UPDATE THE WIKI EVENTUALLY. I'm just one man :(

Also yeah, it was a fruit theme, who else would've hosted it? :exdee:
edczxcvbnm. He had a breakfast theme so fruits are not too much of a stretch.

I did most of the mafia section of the wiki, but I felt that Jiro or Laddy should do that game because they hosted it. :p

Jiro
05-04-2011, 05:07 AM
I'll get there in the end. I'll have to search for the PMs and :bou::bou::bou::bou:, I dunno. I'll take a look and see what the template is like.

Timekeeper
05-04-2011, 02:09 PM
I'll co-host a game eventually, but I'd rather play apprentice to someone who has hosted before.

Hollycat
05-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I hosted on another site, it didnt go well, they all went on a chatroom and figured out how to kill all the townies in 3 nights

Shattered Dreamer
05-04-2011, 08:12 PM
You will need an experienced cohost since this would be your first time hosting. I suggest you ask some of the previous hosts to be your cohost. If none of them are interested I guess you could go through with this thread, or something,.

Levian
I Took the Red Pill
Miriel
Del Murder
Psychotic
qwertysaur
Freya
edczxcvbnm
Roto13
Sir Lancealot
leader of mortals
Goldenboko
Bahamut2000X
Jiro
Timekeeper
oddler
Laddy
Agent Proto

Ahem Shattered Dreamer :p

Hollycat
05-04-2011, 08:15 PM
I added you to the list on my laptop, but you already said no didn't you?

Also, Agent Proto or laddy, can you pm the account details for igor so I can change all the passwords and stuff for the mafia accounts. Im not even close to ready for the rest of the steps, but I want to go ahead and get the basic accounts set up

Shattered Dreamer
05-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I did say no but if you don't get anyone else within the month I would be more than happy to help.

qwertysaur
05-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I added you to the list on my laptop, but you already said no didn't you?

Also, Agent Proto or laddy, can you pm the account details for igor so I can change all the passwords and stuff for the mafia accounts. Im not even close to ready for the rest of the steps, but I want to go ahead and get the basic accounts set up
That's not how it goes. Send a list of account names to either Del or Psy and they will make the name changes and will reset the passwords to something.

From there you have to go through each account and make sure all PM's are deleted (if the previous user was considerate this part will be done for you), each account has a new and secure password and a new avatar.

Then you create any off site forums for the mafia and any other group that can communicate with each other.

After that is the sign up thread.

Finally you send out role and account messages. You do this last because you might need to adjust the setup if you get fewer people than expected.

when you get conformation from about half the players you start the actual game. :p

It's not too much work to set everything up though. :p

Hollycat
05-04-2011, 08:54 PM
okay, I will pm psy the names, Im pretty sure del hates me

Jiro said hed do it aftwer he gets out of school

Jiro
05-05-2011, 03:41 AM
Make sure you send me a copy of the set up so I know what's going on xD

Hollycat
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
ok, I'm about to send Psy the name changes, do you want those real quick?

Jiro
05-06-2011, 01:12 PM
PROGRESS IS BEING MADE.