PDA

View Full Version : Everyone, post one cooking tip that you discovered

ReloadPsi
04-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Or more if you want, but I'm gonna suggest one each. Make this a thread of awesome pearls of culinary wisdom!

I'll begin.

When making pepperoni pizza, sprinkle mixed herbs on each piece of pepperoni. When it's baked, the herbs will haveb absorbed the grease and won't make a gross mess of the rest of your pizza :D

sharkythesharkdogg
04-29-2011, 09:44 PM
When boiling noodles I use a cap full of vegetable oil in the water, and sprinkle a little salt. It keeps it from making a bunch of starch bubbles that boil over, and helps keep the noodles from trying to stick to the bottom of the pot. Even when you stir, they like to stick.

At least it works for me.

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Adding mustard to the ingredients actually lowers the calorie count of the food, while adding a tiny amount of spice.

always add steak sauce

qwertysaur
04-29-2011, 10:18 PM
When chopping anything round, cut off a small piece first to make a flat surface so it wont roll around and cause you to need to go to the emergency room.

If you ever use Saffron for anything remember it is quite strong so a little goes a long way.

To make really cute dishes to serve fruit salad in you can hollow out various fruits like peaches, pineapples and oranges, freeze them and use them as the bowls. Use a watermelon for the main serving bowl.

Agrias
04-29-2011, 10:39 PM
When making grilled cheese sandwiches, ALWAYS fry in the pan. Its best to put butter on both sides of each slice of bread, then put on any mustard, mayo or ketchup with the cheese. KGO.

Bunny
04-29-2011, 10:49 PM
When making grilled cheese sandwiches, ALWAYS fry in the pan. Its best to put butter on both sides of each slice of bread, then put on any mustard, mayo or ketchup with the cheese. KGO.

Cooking tips that I learned?

Never eat a grilled cheese made by Agrias.

Agrias
04-29-2011, 11:02 PM

LOLWUT, why? Mustard actually tastes really delicious with a grilled cheddar cheese sandwich. My husband prefers mayo, but dips it in ketchup. :/
To each their own! ಠ_ಠ

Shlup
04-29-2011, 11:03 PM

QFMFT. I puked in my mouth a little.

Bunny
04-29-2011, 11:05 PM

LOLWUT, why? Mustard actually tastes really delicious with a grilled cheddar cheese sandwich. My husband prefers mayo, but dips it in ketchup. :/
To each their own! ಠ_ಠ

Fucking Canadians.

NorthernChaosGod
04-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Fry bacon totally naked, it comes out more flavorful.

Agrias
04-29-2011, 11:08 PM

To each their own! ಠ_ಠ

smurfing Canadians.

http://www.ragecry.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/lol_y_u_mad_tho.jpg

Bunny
04-29-2011, 11:10 PM
I can use image macros too.

http://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

Agrias
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
I can use image macros too.

http://aznbadger.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

XD
Touché my friend...

ANYWAYS! Despite what you put in the sandwich OTHER than cheese, it must always be pan fried for best results. ;o

NorthernChaosGod
04-29-2011, 11:12 PM
http://spongeist.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/11h4hnd1.jpg

I'm snipping this because I hate it. You're the only one on the internet that still does this :bou::bou::bou::bou:, man. - G13

Bunny
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
The internet isn't serious business. Grilled cheese, however, is.

Don't fuck with a good thing, god dammit.

Madame Adequate
04-29-2011, 11:36 PM

Never eat a grilled cheese made in the optimum fashion for making a grilled cheese?

Shlup
04-29-2011, 11:45 PM
ANYWAYS! Despite what you put in the sandwich OTHER than cheese, it must always be pan fried for best results. ;o

Honestly, I didn't know there was another way to do it.

I dip my grilled cheeses in tomato soup.

Raistlin
04-29-2011, 11:50 PM
When making tacos, be sure that your lettuce is not actually cabbage.

NorthernChaosGod
04-29-2011, 11:53 PM

So how did that one taste?

Raistlin
04-29-2011, 11:55 PM
I wasn't the one who discovered that. I, along with the rest of us, merely benefit from his hard-earned wisdom.

Madame Adequate
04-30-2011, 12:05 AM

Gold star for you.

Also! When putting things in your mouth, be certain it is food and not, say, soap.

NorthernChaosGod
04-30-2011, 12:05 AM
Lol. It's funny you mention that, when I was younger my mom asked me to make her a sandwich to take to work one day and I put cabbage instead of lettuce.

That's what she gets for asking a 12-year-old to do something for her. :colbert:

Freya
04-30-2011, 01:49 AM
WITH CLEAN HANDS: If you put the spice in your hand and circle it in the palm with the thumb of your other hand before you dump it into whatever it is you're cooking, it'll make the spices more flavorful. The natural oils of your skin work with the spices to make awesomeness. Works best with spices that are leaves or something of that nature. Basil, oregano etc etc

EDIT: HERBS! That's the word I was looking for, it works best with herbs!

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 03:21 AM
rules of cooking:

1. everything is better with garlic on it
2. everything is better with pepper on it
3. if you add wasabi or brussels sprouts, you have failed

Jiro
04-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Steamed brussel sprouts are fucking awesome, you just don't appreciate the greens

Timekeeper
04-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Don't cook naked. It can endanger your children.

Also, add cheese to you meal, it will improve it.

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 03:29 PM

Don't cook naked. It can endanger your children.

Also, add cheese to you meal, it will improve it.

when making pancakes, take off your shirt and pour the batter over your chest if you are female. this is what wird people do.

I've actually heard of some weird things people do with food. there was this one lady who would.... do things .... with the veggies before chopping them up. There is this one guy who will only eat a samwich made with feet. One lady only eats dirt.
There is a man who rubs his feet all over bacon to give it more flavor, and then there is a woman who uses her own breast milk to cook.