PDA

View Full Version : Ten things you didn't know about Final Fantasy X

Hollycat
04-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Let's go to 200

1. FFX is the first FF with voice acting
2. FFX was the first FF game to have a direct sequel game
3. FFX was the last FF to have Turn based battle system without the active time gauge.
4. FFX was the FF to feature in battle character switching
5. FFX was the first FF to feature controllable summons
6. FFX was the first final fantasy not to feature a world map that you could walk around on
7. FFX is the only FF to include a theater where you can watch all the cutscenes at any time
8. FFX is the only FF to have someone who is not a villian be the final villain (Jecht)
9. FFX is the only FF to include dolls as a weapon
10. FFX is the only FF to include balls as a weapon
11. FFX is the only FF to feature a zombie as a playable character (Auron)
12. Yuna is the only character in FF to have heterochromia (eyes of different colors)
13: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where you could customize weapons.
14: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where you could customize armors.
15: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy to have a sphere grid type system.
16: Final Fantasy X is the first game to introduce blitzball.
17: Final Fantasy X is the first final fantasy where you could choose to build up "Limit" gauge in different ways.
18: Final Fantasy X is the first game to have summons with limit breaks.
19: Final Fantasy X is the first game in the series released on PS2.
20: Final Fantasy X is the first game to have an enemy tougher then Omega Weapon.
21: Final Fantasy X is the first game where you could have more then 9999 HP.
22. First FF where the main character is no longer around at the end
23. First FF to include different scenarios regarding how you defeat a boss (chocoboeater)
24. Final Fantasy x is the only game in which you get to play as a celebrity from RL (Meg Ryan) xD
25. Final Fantasy X is the only game where you can only name the Main character out of your entire group.
26. FF X is the first ff to not feature a drivable airship
27. FF X is the first 3D FF to not open with a CGI cutscene
28. FF X is the only FF that allows you to enter airship coordinates to unlock new areas.
29. FF X is the first FF to allow some items to carry over from playthrough to playthrough.

qwertysaur
04-29-2011, 10:34 PM
2 is wrong. FF V has the first Sequel actually, Legends of The Crystals. You are right if you mention a direct sequel that's a game though. :p

5 is wrong. In FF VIII GF's level up..

10 is also wrong. In X-2 the Mascot dressphere use dolls as well. Interesting to note that dolls were planned weapons for Relm in FF VI but were cut from the game during development.

10. Yuna is the only Final Fantasy character to have heterochromia.

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 12:13 AM
2 is wrong. FF V has the first Sequel actually, Legends of The Crystals. You are right if you mention a direct sequel that's a game though. :p

5 is wrong. In FF VIII GF's level up..

10 is also wrong. In X-2 the Mascot dressphere use dolls as well. Interesting to note that dolls were planned weapons for Relm in FF VI but were cut from the game during development.

10. Yuna is the only Final Fantasy character to have heterochromia.

10. includes x2.
2. technically is correct since I meant game.
5. I meant leveled up by actual levels, through experience. but ok. you got me.

Saber
04-30-2011, 01:16 AM
11: Final Fantasy X is the first game where you could switch party members in battle.
12: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where you could customize weapons.
13: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where you could customize armors.
14: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy to have a sphere grid type system.
15: Final Fantasy X is the first game to introduce blitzball.
16: Final Fantasy X is the first final fantasy where you could build up "Limit" gauge in different ways.
17: Final Fantasy X is the first game to have summons with limit breaks.
18: Final Fantasy X is the first game in the series released on PS2.
19: Final Fantasy X is the first game to have an enemy tougher then Omega Weapon.
20: Final Fantasy X is the first game where you could have more then 9999 HP.
21: Final Fantasy X is the second game where you could have more then 999 MP. Final antasy VII was the first with the HP<>MP Materia :P

FFIX Choco Boy
04-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Sora, you can get 9999 MP in VII, with the HP<->MP Materia.

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 03:05 AM
we are up to 21

EllieButton
04-30-2011, 06:55 AM
I didnt know Kimahri could actualy talk :eek: he was so scary!

FFIX Choco Boy
04-30-2011, 01:17 PM
22 First FF where 1 character can have access to all abilities in the game at once.
23 First FF where all characters can have access to all abilities in the game - minus summons - at once.

blackmage_nuke
04-30-2011, 01:52 PM
I knew all these facts...

24. In FFX all the fayth statues are face down.

Carl the Llama
04-30-2011, 02:45 PM
25. Final Fantasy x is the only game in which you get to play as a celebrity from RL (Meg Ryan) xD

26. Final Fantasy X is the only game where you can only name the Main character out of your entire group.

qwertysaur
04-30-2011, 07:14 PM
22 First FF where 1 character can get all abilities in the game at once.
23 First FF where all characters can get all abilities in the game - minus summons - at once.
Both of these are wrong. In FF III and FF V each character can master each class to get all abilities, as well as Gogo mimicking everyone's in FF VI. :p

(Nothing personal with me pointing out the wrong ones, Wolf wont be reading this thread so someone has to do it :p)

FFIX Choco Boy
04-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Edited it to be true.

Saber
04-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I'll change my #21 then ;)

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 09:24 PM
fixed

Big D
04-30-2011, 09:25 PM
10. FFX is the only FF to include balls as a weaponIn FFVII, Yuffie can use a 'superball' as a gag weapon. Nonetheless, FFX is still the first title to feature balls as a weapon type.

30. FFX is the first FF where one romantic lead actually says "I love you" to the other (though not in the Japanese dialogue, apparently).

qwertysaur
04-30-2011, 09:27 PM
It's still wrong though. Everyone has a unique overdrive. For example Lulu can never use Mighty Guard. :p

Final Fantasy X is the only Final Fantasy to have a seperate Water element but no Water Summon.

Final Fantasy X is the only Final Fantasy where you are forced to obtain Shiva after Ifrit.

FFIX Choco Boy
04-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Overdrives aren't abilities. They're supermoves, just like Limit Breaks. Supermoves don't count.

Hollycat
04-30-2011, 11:59 PM
FFX is the first FF to include watera and waterga

Saber
05-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Final Fantasy X is the only numeral game in the ps2 series where you can have a double cast ability.

Final Fantasy X is the first game where you can load previous saves in order to achieve something. (Al'Bed)

Final Fantasy X is the first in the series to have a new max number for damge, HP, and MP.

In Final Fantasy X Tidus' name is never said by any NPC.

Carl the Llama
05-01-2011, 10:57 AM
FFX is the first FF to include watera and waterga

Actually that is not completely true, the boss Kraken in Final Fantasy IX casts the spell Waterga.

What needs to be said is "Final Fantasy X is the first to include Watera and Waterga as castable spells"

jammi567
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Final Fantasy X is the first game to feature a language other than English.

|-THE redmage-|
05-05-2011, 10:58 PM
10. FFX is the only FF to include balls as a weapon

If FF Tactics counts, ninjas could throw balls as a weapon in that one (thunder ball, fire ball, etc)

Hollycat
05-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Final Fantasy X is the first game to feature a language other than English.

FF1

FFIX Choco Boy
05-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Yeah, Jammi, all FF's feature Japanese. They are Japanese games, lol.

jammi567
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
A language other than the native language that the game is presented in.

Disproven by the Lufanian language, which I had totally forgotten about.

*Devore*
05-06-2011, 04:18 PM
FFX is the first series game were the main characters crash a wedding

Hollycat
05-06-2011, 04:34 PM
true!

FFIX Choco Boy
05-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Devore, maybe not. We're not exactly sure what Garland intended to do with Sara...

Depression Moon
05-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Not sure if true since I haven't played them all but...
FFX is the first in the series that allows you to use NPCs for a mini game.

Hollycat
05-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Not sure if true since I haven't played them all but...
FFX is the first in the series that allows you to use NPCs for a mini game.

then they arent NPC's

if you are thinking blitzball, technically the submarine game is a npc

LikeaLion
06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Is FFX the first and only FF game where another party member participates during a supermove (overdrive)?

By manipulating the affection. You can even determine whether it is Lulu, Yuna, or Rikku that shows up and throws the blitzball to Tidus for Blitz Ace. That has to be a first and only.

I know there was affection in FFVII. But, that was related to the date at the Golden Saucer not any limit break.

Pete for President
06-10-2011, 07:50 AM
In Final Fantasy X Tidus' name is never said by any NPC.

This is not true. When you first get to Guadosalam a Guado blitzball player in a home/shop says something like: "Hey, you're Tidus right? From the Besaid Aurochs?". Not sure if the line is 100% correct, but I am a 100% sure he mentions the name.

Big D
06-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Some of the Besaid islanders call him by name, too, including one of the Aurochs I believe. Only in text, of course, but at least they refer to him by name, unlike his fellow heroes :p

Ironwings
10-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Let's go to 200

13: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where you could customize weapons.
14: Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where you could customize armors.

Have to take issue with this: do not the materia slots in FFVII weapons & armour constitute customisation features?

CimminyCricket
10-27-2011, 10:20 PM
I think he means that you can customize the abilities of the Weapons and Armor (i.e. break HP limit, break MP limit, etc.). In FFVII those were equipment slots that allowed you to equip materia. You weren't really customizing the weapons themselves in any way.

Mirage
10-28-2011, 03:38 AM
Some of these are so specific and ridiculous that its not even funny. It's almost at the point where you can start saying things like "FFX is the first game with a character named Tidus".

Of course, this is the case with all of the "fun facts" FF threads I've seen. Just had to get that off my chest, it's been irking me for a long time.

CimminyCricket
10-28-2011, 04:52 AM
"FFX is the first game with a character named Tidus".

That is a good one! Add it to the list.

Mirage
10-28-2011, 05:06 AM
I just want these threads to live up to their names ;_;

Let these things be things that most people actually *doesn't* know. Please?

Giga Guess
10-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Try this then.

Final Fantasy X has the most Optional Bosses, some of which being the 35 extra challenge enemies in the Arena, Ultima and Omega Weapon, International Version adds the Dark Aeons and Penance, and this is just by fairly strict definitions.
Final Fantasy is one of only two FF games to give a character a phobia (Rikku's Astraphobia), the first being FFV's Bartz and his acrophobia.
Final Fantasy X is the first, and to the best of my knowledge, only Final Fantasy game to have weapons that are truly detrimental when equipped (Celestial Weapons with neither Sigil or Crest found)

Skyblade
10-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Final Fantasy X is the first, and to the best of my knowledge, only Final Fantasy game to have weapons that are truly detrimental when equipped (Celestial Weapons with neither Sigil or Crest found)

It is not the only one, though I think you are right about it being the first (depending on how strictly you define "detrimental"). Master Monks in FFTA2 also feature this. About half of the weapons they can equip will actually lower their attack rating, due to the extremely high unarmed-attack bonus they get (I think they are the only one, but I haven't checked thoroughly).

Mirage
10-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Yes, Giga Guess, those are good ones. Needs more like that.

Raian the Fallen
10-29-2011, 09:47 PM
Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where Drain and Osmose are first learned by a character who isn't a Black Mage. (Although every character could learn every ability, Wakka is usually the first who learns these spells)

Final Fantasy X is the first Final Fantasy where characters talk to each other during normal battles, depending on what's happening. (In usually every battle; in the other games, it's only at times when the player needs to know something important during battle.)

espritduo
10-30-2011, 06:06 AM
Try this then.

Final Fantasy X has the most Optional Bosses, some of which being the 35 extra challenge enemies in the Arena, Ultima and Omega Weapon, International Version adds the Dark Aeons and Penance, and this is just by fairly strict definitions.
Final Fantasy is one of only two FF games to give a character a phobia (Rikku's Astraphobia), the first being FFV's Bartz and his acrophobia.

FFXII has 45 Marks, 80 Rare Monsters, 7 optional Espers, Hell Wyrm, and Omega Mk XII, giving it quite a bit more optional bosses than FFX.

And don't forget the Excalipoor from FFV! That's the classic crap weapon that does nothing but handicap you with it's automatic 1 damage.

And even without the Sigil or Crests, the Celestial weapons still ignore defense, making them pretty good weapons even without any abilities and No AP.

MarieFantasyx
11-22-2016, 04:28 AM
Don't forget the fun fact about Lulu's dress.:D
There we go :
The intricate pattern of the belts on Lulu's dress was meant as a challenge ( by Tetsuya Nomura ) to the game's graphic design team, to see if they could keep it the same in every appearance. For this reason, Lulu is often seen from behind, from the waist up, or partially obscured by other character, to limit the amount of time spent maintaining the accuracy of the belts.

MarieFantasyx
11-22-2016, 04:39 AM
2. FFX was the first FF game to have a direct sequel game

And it wasn't originally going to have a sequel, but fans loved short cutscene sequel called '' Final Fantasy X Eternal Calm '' so much that Square decided to go ahead and make a full-fledged sequel.