PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Summons

Hollycat
05-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Who is your favorite summon?

Shiva: the queen of ice, the beauty shiva takes many forms, and freezes her foes with Diamond Dust

Ifrit: A flaming beast, Ifrit's form has changed over time from a giant to a burning feral beast.

Ramuh: The thunder lord, Ramuh actually takes speaking roles in several FF's, he is the wisest of the summons

Bahamut: The king of dragons, bahamut is the second most powerful summon, and takes many forms, form bahamut to bahamut fury

Leviathin: The king of the eidolons, Leviathin is married to Ashura, and is a giant sea serpent who attacks with waves of monumental size

Ashura: the wife of Leviathin, she heals and guards her summoner and protects her people with her all seeing gaze

Sylph: a farie that uses an ariel drain

Anima: a chained monster whose true strength will never be known. He controls the underworld.

Magus sisters: these three irritating sisters are always arguing with the summoner. They serve the wind archfeind

Valefor: A wind drake, valefor has an evolving limit break that makes him very dangerous

ixion: A thunder horse

Odin: a man who rides on slepnir the six legged steed, Odin cleaves his foes into peices and hefts the gungir lance

KOTR: the most powerful summon, the 12 members of the round table strike as one to eliminate all foes, and King Arthur finishes with a blow from excalibur

atmos: "the gateway" atmos inhales and sends entire castles to other dimentions. Alternately, Atmos uses gravity damage to crush his foes

Carbuncle: this ruby headed fellow casts reflect on the party to protect his masters

Pheonix: the only summon who has the power to grant life, Pheonix burns away its foes while reviving its masters

Doom train: this guy is a literal train who rams his enemies

arc: an airship turned monster, arc eliminates his foes by attacking them with everything he's got

mog: he makes your materia better and rides chocobos

chocobos: kick and stomp and kweh kweh kweh

alexander: guardian of alexandria, he is the holy avenger

Titan: the earth giant

belias: the flame giant

mateus: the dark angel

ultima: the queen of magic, she rules over even leviathin and bahamut

gilgamesh: if you don't know gilgamesh, you should leave

typhon: ultros's best bud, the unintelligable wind man

there are others, but I wont list them, you can

Wolf Kanno
05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
There are a few I like but for the constant mainstays: Leviathan, Odin, Bahamut, and Alexander are easily my favorites. These were my favorite appearances for them.

Leviathan (IV, VII, VIII)

Odin (IV-IX)

Bahamut (IV, VI, VII, IX)

Alexander (VI, VII, and IX)

For not so traditional or not so consistent, I usually like Golem and Titan, Fenrir, Hades, Syldra, Mist Dragon, and most of the XII espers.

As I currently play through FFIV:TAY, I'm reminded how much I love being able to obtain normal monsters as summons and kind of wish FF would bring that back.

Carl the Llama
05-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Anima is a female and she is waaay more powerful then KOTR, I can do just shy of 1.6 million damage with her if the monsters defence isnt that big.

She appears as an Aeon in Final Fantasy X that deals an immense amount of damage with all attacks. Pain, her special attack, is an instant kill, which also deals colossal damage to the few enemies immune to death spells. It also ignores defense and is actually more effective than her Overdrive, Oblivion, versus some stronger enemies like Dark Bahamut. It is a magical attack, however, due to the high power and ignoring defense, it is likely to hit for maximum damage against any enemy not fully immune to magic. Anima is arguably the strongest Aeon in the game, as Oblivion deals nearly 99,999 damage upon receiving her, and in the PAL or International versions, can inflict nearly 1,600,000 damage

Hollycat
05-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Anima is a female and she is waaay more powerful then KOTR, I can do just shy of 1.6 million damage with her if the monsters defence isnt that big.

She appears as an Aeon in Final Fantasy X that deals an immense amount of damage with all attacks. Pain, her special attack, is an instant kill, which also deals colossal damage to the few enemies immune to death spells. It also ignores defense and is actually more effective than her Overdrive, Oblivion, versus some stronger enemies like Dark Bahamut. It is a magical attack, however, due to the high power and ignoring defense, it is likely to hit for maximum damage against any enemy not fully immune to magic. Anima is arguably the strongest Aeon in the game, as Oblivion deals nearly 99,999 damage upon receiving her, and in the PAL or International versions, can inflict nearly 1,600,000 damage

nuhuh.... really? well for the prpose of this thread anima is 3rd. according to the guide book it is neither male nor female

qwertysaur
05-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Anima is female. The gender of Aeons is the same as that of their Fayth, which is why Valefor is also Female. (Her fayth is a little girl)

Also your description of Ultima is off. She is the High Seraph, the angel who rebelled against her creators, but failed in her attempt.

My favorite summons are Alexander, Shiva, and Carbuncle (so cute :kaoclove:).:p

Loony BoB
05-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Bahamut, Ifrit, Shiva, Odin. These are the four I consider to be "the classics" and I adore them. I know there are other classics, but these are the ones I like most. :)

Beyond that, I have a fondness for Cerberus, Doomtrain and Golem.

I'm not counting Chocobo, Tonberry, Mog etc. as for me they don't count as summons so much as they count as races/enemies/characters/etc. I know by technicality they are summons in some of the games, but they're not known primarily as summons like the rest of them are.

Depression Moon
05-04-2011, 02:41 AM
Odin, Shiva, Ramuh, Bahamut, and Phantom

Odin seemed to only be useful in IV and VIII to me. He made quick work of enemies in those games. In IX his instant kill didn't always work and I don't really remember him in VI or VII.

I like Shiva because I like the element of Ice and the color blue. Love Bahamut because of his strength and his scenes in IX. I like Ramuh because of his story involvement in both VI and IX. Phantom in VI is great for grinding cast him and you'll be able to grind without ever being touched against the right enemies.

I felt my post was a little hastey, because it was. I'll edit this later to go more in depth.

BG-57
05-04-2011, 03:56 AM
My second favorite is Diablos. I love his attacks, his skills and his attitude.

My favorite is Anima. Both for her horrific appearance and tragic backstory.

Other than that I like the old standbys: Shiva, Ifrit, Golem, Siren.

I'm partial to the Espers in FFXII, but mainly the ones that appear as Lucavi in FFT.

Jiro
05-04-2011, 05:29 AM
I liked that the Espers in VI had a bit of plot relevance too, and they were, y'know, real "people".