PDA

View Full Version : DOS Mouse Drivers

Spatvark
01-12-2002, 11:49 AM
Umm, this is quite an odd one actually, but I've been trying to play some of my older games and have discovered that they can only be run in DOS. This throws up one major problem. Games like Syndicate and Ultima VI all require mice, but I don't have any DOS mice drivers. Does anyone here have any, preferably 3 button ones, or does anyone know where I can download one?

Squally Leonharty
01-12-2002, 12:10 PM
Simply create a start-up diskette, which allows you to boot into DOS mode with Mouse support and start the games from DOS. :D

crono_logical
01-12-2002, 01:48 PM
If Windows lets you reboot to a command prompt from it's shutdown menu and the games run from there, the mouse drivers should load automatically, if not, typing MOUSE at the command prompt will usually do the trick.

Or try booting to a Command Prompt Only (not safe mode) at the Windows Boot Menu (I don't think it'll work in XP), then type MOUSE at the prompt there, and the drivers should load automatically :)

Scottie
01-12-2002, 01:54 PM
The problem might not even be that. Reboot your comp and enter your BIOS. Most of the time there's an option for DOS mouse support right there, either disabled or enabled.

Citizen Bleys
01-14-2002, 03:29 AM
You can get a small DOS-mode mouse driver (if that's what you're after) from www.wcnews.com. It doesn't take up much conventional memory. I believe it's called ctmouse.zip, so you should be able to use wcnews's search feature to find it.

Dr Unne
01-14-2002, 06:14 PM
DOS used to come with MOUSE.COM, I think. Do what everyone else said. :) Just try typing MOUSE in DOS somewhere.

Ahhhh, nostalgia.