PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new etc etc

mashowasho
05-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh, forumboards. This takes me back. I haven't been a member on a FF-centric board since about 2005. Well, here I am on a new one, since I miss discussing Final Fantasy endlessly.

Guess you'll want to know about which games I've played and whatnot. That'll be... most of the series then :jess:

FFI & FFII - PSP versions. I love Firion. Nuff said.

FFIII & FFIV - DS versions (didn't finish either though I think, might go back to FFIV again)

FFV & FFVI - Stop bringing out sequels, SE, and remake these so I can play them!

FFVII & FFVIII - 7 is great as most would agree. I could go on but I won't. 8 is fine enough, but I gave up at the end of disc 3 since I just couldn't get the hang of the junction system, and spamming GFs wasn't working any more...

FFIX & FFX - These will forever be my favourites, purely for nostalgia value. Also because I loved IX's more "traditional" fantasy setting, and FFX for Auron. Just..... Auron. And the battle system, oddly enough.

FFXII & FFXIII - Oh man, 12 was a big disappointment for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, I finished it, but it didn't feel like traditional FF at all. FFXIII was a big improvement, but I really wished there'd been more town/world/NPC interaction/exploration.

I've dabbled a tiny bit with the gaiden games (Tactics, Chrystal Chronicles etc), but didn't find anything too inspiring there. So that's a main summary! As for me, I'm a student, from London, my other favourite game series is Castlevania aaaand I like chocolate. The end.

I Don't Need A Name
05-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Welcome fellow Englishperson! Hope you enjoy your stay. You may wanna note that you put IV rather than VI and XIII rather than XII ;D

mashowasho
05-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Damn roman numerals! Thanks for the heads up, corrected it now :P

Hollycat
05-04-2011, 09:40 PM
hiya. you are so wrong about 12, it is great. you are right about 5 and 6, and we discuss them a lot.

I Don't Need A Name
05-04-2011, 09:42 PM
I hated XII, so much. Then I replayed it and really enjoyed it! And VI is the greatest game ever!

mashowasho
05-04-2011, 09:44 PM
hiya. you are so wrong about 12, it is great. you are right about 5 and 6, and we discuss them a lot.How come I'm wrong about 12? I personally found most of the characters to be a bit bland and wasn't all that interested in the political-style plotline. I know some people liked this change of style though.
Not wild about the battle/gambit system either. The world and its environments were beautiful though.

TrollHunter
05-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the forums. I'm your fellow obnoxious newbie TrollHunter and I will try to put on my best behavior. (slightly less obnoxious and more-or-less quiet)
I hope you enjoy your time here at EoFF.

Shattered Dreamer
05-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Welcome to EoFF :bigsmile:

qwertysaur
05-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Cookie time! :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :bigsmile: :cookie:

Also welcome! :p

Carl the Llama
05-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Hello and Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy! hope you enjoy your time here (and don't let anyone scare you off, they are harmless really).

Looks at HC.

Hollycat
05-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Hello and Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy! hope you enjoy your time here (and don't let anyone scare you off, they are harmless really).

Looks at HC.

You are really going to mess with a man who spends his free time building weapons?

TrollHunter
05-05-2011, 02:10 AM

Looks at HC.

You are really going to mess with a man who spends his free time building weapons?

You're really going to threaten a man who spends his free time murdering people with his mind?
OnTopic: Heh... Sorry 'bout that.

Jiro
05-05-2011, 03:40 AM
I am intimidated by how intelligent this newbie sounds! Welcome, genius mashowasho!

TrollHunter
05-05-2011, 04:19 AM
I was referring to HC's comment to Kaiser, but you never know... you never know.

Rantz
05-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi masho! Stick around and post lots, and bring me a sandwich while you're at it! :D

mashowasho
05-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Genius? Hardly. Except maybe at... procrastination! Heheh. Sandwich eh? Mmmm toasted ham and cheeeeeeese :love:

Pheesh
05-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Howdy, I also love FFX, so there you go!

Enjoy your stay.

Jiro
05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Sandwich eh? Mmmm toasted ham and cheeeeeeese :love:

You know, beetroot is fantastic on toasted ham and cheese sandwiches. TRUST ME. :D

Madonna
05-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Forgive my late, but warm, greetings, mashowasho.

IX is always a great pick for a top Final Fantasy because it simply is the best. Good work.

Also, I must admit I stalked for additional information and must say this: I do like your art. I specifically enjoyed your rendition of D because he is my favorite vampire (I know, I know, dhampir). Your lines are nice and clean, and your coloring is silky smooth. If you do more, please consider sharing it in our art forum.