PDA

View Full Version : Favorite moment?

Kaie
05-08-2011, 02:33 PM
What was your favorite moment during your stay in Ivalice?

Mo-Nercy
05-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Getting the Zodiac Spear early was good fun. I thought I was the man. xD

Also Balthier coming face to face with Cid was rather memorable for me as well.

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Fighting Cid was pretty cool. But I like running around town yelling I'M CAPTAIN BASCH FON RONSENBURG OF DALMASCAAA even more!

Wolf Kanno
05-09-2011, 05:29 AM
Archades with Balthier and Cid were pretty awesome scenes, the Pharos is epic, and I love most scenes with the Judges. The opening is pretty nice as well.

I also love going to the shipyard in Bhujerba and watching airships float by occasionally. Also the Mark Hunt Man of Mystery, both parts.

*Devore*
05-09-2011, 06:50 PM
Bare knuckle boxing in Nalbina fortress.

Running away from the bounty hunters in Lhusu Mines, getting caught then realising that Im actually strong enough enough to beat them...good times

Vaan asking Fran her age, very funny.

Fighting Gabranth and finally, shouting I'M CAPTAIN BASCH FON RONSENBURG OF DALMASCA!

Remon
05-09-2011, 09:34 PM
It appears to be an ordinary sword of legend XD

TrollHunter
05-10-2011, 12:03 AM
It appears to be an ordinary sword of legend XD

Oh so ordinary.
I loved quite a few of the highest ranked marks, challenging yet fun. You had to actually stay on your toes during the more challenging points of the game where even the basic enemies can kill you if you aren't careful.
I remember the first playthrough I actually used "jobs" for my people. Not limiting their board like many do just giving them a role. I wondered how I ever found the game challenging story-wise.

Jiro
05-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Every time Balthier did something, it was amazing. I have deep manlove for that man.

Loony BoB
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
I was a rather big fan of various settings and really enjoyed the tiny little sweeps of the geography when you arrive into each of them. When you first reach the Ridorana Cataract? Beautiful. Just immensely beautiful!

LunarWeaver
05-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I always knew Fran didn't take well to being tied up. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy9ob72nzeg)

Fynn
05-17-2011, 12:33 PM
The Pharos. Both the events and climbing it. It was so fun!

-JJ-
05-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Yiazmat, hands down best Final Fantasy Ultra Boss made thus far,
the scene beforehand just showed you how huge this thing is, before the tedious task of bringing it down.

Also "I think iv'e soiled my cuffs, if there is a dungeon waiting for us at the end of the night, it best have a change of wardrobe" (I have no idea what Balthier is talking about the majority of the time)

Jessweeee♪
05-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Started a new game recently. I like how whenever Vaan does something dumb like tell "Lamont" their names, everyone just looks at him like :stare:

mashowasho
05-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Easy: that entire scene at the top of the Pharos tower, what with the Bal/Fran goodness and crazy ol' Dr. Cid.

Mercen-X
05-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Reddas being destroyed and taking the Sword of Kings with him... no, wait! I f---ing hated that. Give me back my sword, you daik!

There's a victory scene where Vaan sits on the handle of his Greatsword.

Caelheim
06-14-2011, 12:19 AM
This particular scene involving Gabranth and Drace was one of my favourite scenes in the game:

YouTube - ‪FFXII - Judge Drace's Fate - Spoilers‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLBGbUGryRE)

In addition, anything with Gabranth in general was amazing, in my opinion.

LunaRaven
09-02-2011, 01:29 AM
The Opening movie and score really helped to set the tone for the game. I agree, all the scenes with Gabranth were wonderful, especially the scene with Drace. The scenes with Dr.Cid were especially interesting, not only because they added depth to Balthier's character but because he acted as a symbolic temptation for Ashe, as if representing her choice of revenge as opposed to peace.

One of my favorite scenes in the entire game is when Ashe comes face to face with the Occuria, who are in my mind the real villains in the game.

Final Fantasy XII: Cutscenes (pt. 38) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPbEBZSNI4&feature=related)

James_Cub
11-21-2012, 05:25 AM
I loved all of the scenes involving Balthier and Fran. My favourite moment in the game was when Fran revisited the village and spoke to her sisters. "how old are you again?" was just epic!