PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] Still no news?

Loony BoB
05-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Am I the only one disappointed with the lack of talk coming from SE regarding this title? Hopefully it'll feature at E3 or something, but yeah, I'm kind of disappointed at the lack of information about the title in recent months. It's due out this year, surely there should be more news!

Grr.

nirojan
05-10-2011, 08:20 PM
yeah, there'll probably be a slew of news at e3 (maybe a playable demo) and then they'll come out guns blazing at TGS in September!

Lack of information is still dis-heartening, but I'm much more excited to hear news on Type-0 and VERSUS XIII tbh!

Jessweeee♪
05-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I can't wait to see the battle system in action!

Kaie
05-13-2011, 04:30 AM
Can't wait to see how they opened up the world with cities and the like, I want to play irrelevant minigames :p

DMKA
05-14-2011, 04:51 AM
I too am irritated by the complete lack of updates on this title.

I hope to hear about it at E3 along with Versus.

Elpizo
05-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Maybe they'll announce when they'll announce more info at the E3. :roll2 Or a delay! :p

ShinGundam
05-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Maybe they'll announce when they'll announce more info at the E3. :roll2 Or a delay! :p
Actually the game shows up in their Fiscal year statement as 2011 game in Japan which is weird :p.

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2011, 04:01 AM
Well Wada mentioned they've been having some fiscal issues. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110058-CEO-Square-Enix-Has-Become-Weaker-Than-Expected)I wouldn't be surprised if XIII-2 got delayed until the end of the 2011 quarter in Japan (which would make it sometime between January and March of next year) or if they announced it will be delayed.

XIV's poor reception caught SE by surprise, and recent tragic events in Japan have certainly put an emotional and physical strain on the developers and company. Not to mention the PSN hack has been delaying all of their ports and DLC content. So SE has good reason to be forced into a delay, if it happens. Technically, it might just be an issue where SE is more focused on the next big release which would be Agito/Type 0, since that supposedly has a Summer release, last I read. I'm sure they'll show some video and content at E3.

ShinGundam
05-16-2011, 07:09 AM
[URL="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110058-CEO-Square-Enix-Has-Become-Weaker-Than-Expected"]
XIV's poor reception caught SE by surprise, and recent tragic events in Japan have certainly put an emotional and physical strain on the developers and company. Not to mention the PSN hack has been delaying all of their ports and DLC content. So SE has good reason to be forced into a delay, if it happens. Technically, it might just be an issue where SE is more focused on the next big release which would be Agito/Type 0, since that supposedly has a Summer release, last I read. I'm sure they'll show some video and content at E3.
That sure makes sense but the issue here is that this game will be released later this year at least for Japanese market.

Hedgy
06-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Hey I'm really pleased that there is a sequel to XIII.
If it's out in Japan Later this year. It will probably be roughly 6 months, till we see it in England.

Good to see Serah is a playable character.

I agree with Kaie, could do with some mini games :)

nirojan
06-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Hey I'm really pleased that there is a sequel to XIII.
If it's out in Japan Later this year. It will probably be roughly 6 months, till we see it in England.

Good to see Serah is a playable character.

I agree with Kaie, could do with some mini games :)

I dunno the game's trailers and gameplay demo's are already in english and all the characters seemed lip synced like last time as well. So (I dunno about england) we should see it pretty soon and forgo the 6-month wait that XIII had, because translation may already be done.

Hedgy
06-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks for that, hopefully we won't have too long to wait. We are usually two to three months behind the US.