PDA

View Full Version : Laptop crashes when I attempt to put it in Sleep Mode

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2011, 01:01 AM
It's a Dell Inspiron 1525 running Vista, and I think it only happens when the fan is running. I click "Sleep" in the start menu, and bam start up screen. No blue screen or anything.

It was fine until a few months ago when I restored the laptop to factory settings for no particular reason. It started doing what I just described, but then Windows ran all of the updates that I undid in the restore process and it was fine. About a week ago it started happening again! The fact that it only happens when the fan is running makes me think that it could be an electrical issue. The Dell PC Checkup tells me that everything is totally 100% okay except for my battery, which only charges to about 60%, but I don't think that would affect my laptop in such a way.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm hoping that it's not a hardware issue ._.

Baloki
05-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Try this: Sleep Problems - Vista Forums (http://www.vistax64.com/vista-performance-maintenance/179485-sleep-problems.html)

It's usually something to do with a device not allowing it to sleep due to power settings.

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2011, 05:03 AM
The solution in the last post of that thread seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Baloki
05-15-2011, 03:07 PM
No probs ^_^