PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an authentic Squall Griever Necklace

bl800
05-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Hey all, my name is Brian - I am looking for help on locating an authentic Squall Griever Necklace.

Link to necklace picture: http://www.ridingthe.net/wp-content/uploads/RTN-FFGoods-PGNS-7-500.jpg

Any advice for my search or if someone has one they are willing to part with, please send me a private message or post below.

Thanks so much!

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2011, 07:05 AM
I see them at anime conventions all the time, but they're usually made of cheap metal that turns your skin green if you're allergic. Typically I see them priced at around $15.00. You could probably find them cheaper on ebay or something.

Jiro
05-13-2011, 09:09 AM
eBay is a bit of a problem, you can get fakes and they're :bou::bou::bou::bou: quality. Conventions might be a good idea. We have a store called GameTraders in Aus that stock the legit quality ones, you're looking at $80 and up for a variety of things incl. Tidus' necklace and stuff. I don't know who their supplier is but if you check some quality gaming stores etc they might be able to help you find something nearby.

bl800
05-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the help all!

As for Ebay, I am having trouble finding an authentic one that was released by Squaresoft.

Jess, are the one's at the conventions legit. I mean I like FF8, but I'm not sure if I want a green griever symbol on my chest, haha.

Jiro, cool - I'm guessing you are from Australia? Anyways sent you a pm.

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2011, 08:02 PM
I got one at a con and it turned my neck green! That's why I mentioned it.

bl800
05-14-2011, 09:03 PM
I got one at a con and it turned my neck green! That's why I mentioned it.

Did yours have any engraving on the back, like the one I linked to above?

Jessweeee♪
05-14-2011, 09:59 PM
It mysteriously vanished from my dorm room a year ago, so I can't look at it to compare, but I remember the back having something weird engraved on it, I forget exactly what it was. I think it was kind of Engrishy. Like there was an i that was supposed to be an l or something like that. The photo you linked to doesn't show the back, so I don't know if it's the same thing. Also it's probably worth mentioning that I didn't get mine at a big ass convention like A-Kon or Anime Expo, so it could just be a thing with smaller cons.

It only turned my neck green, so I just looped it around my wrist.

Foo
05-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Engrishy.

lol Neckrace?

I'm looking for one of those too. It would be nice to find a decent one. Some light googling yields some pewter ones such as:

http://arenagames.org/forum/for-images/eyesonff/ff8-ani-squall.gif Final Fantasy Squall Lionheart Griever Necklace & 'Gun-Blade Key Chain Gift (http://www.cutesense.com/detail.php?pID=2536&title=Final-Fantasy-Squall-Lionheart-Griever-Necklace-&-%27Gun-Blade-Key-Chain-Gift-Set)

Anyone know if pewter is what turns your skin green?

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2011, 09:34 PM
I just ran a search on that, and it turns out most metals do, pewter included.

bl800
05-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Jess if you ever find your necklace, could you post up some pictures. I know I for one would love to see it.

And Foo, good luck on your search as well. If anyone has one for sale or knows where we can find an authentic Squall Griever necklace please post or pm.

Thanks a ton.

BG-57
05-17-2011, 02:15 AM
I've seen something like that in anime stores. There's one in Boston that might carry it: Tokyo Kid. Not sure if they do mail order, but I could check.

bl800
05-17-2011, 03:17 AM
Hey BG, thanks for the info - Will definitely take a look. I actually wouldn't mind heading up to Boston, as it is my old college town. Although I have only been away for a little over a year.. =P Still, I love that place!

Hollycat
05-17-2011, 03:55 AM
i want one too, along with the fenrir earing

bl800
05-17-2011, 05:29 AM
Hey Hypo, looks like there is a fair demand for these necklaces seeing that they came out over 10 years ago in 1999. Quite impressive.

Anyways, what are Fenrir's earring anyways? A google search lead me to an ingame item or is there a physical replica as well?

BG-57
05-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey BG, thanks for the info - Will definitely take a look. I actually wouldn't mind heading up to Boston, as it is my old college town. Although I have only been away for a little over a year.. =P Still, I love that place!

No problem. It's in the Garage Mall off JFK Bvd in Cambridge. :)

Hollycat
05-17-2011, 01:46 PM
fenrir earing is the earing cloud wears, its got the wolf his blade and bike are named after

bl800
05-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Cool, good luck on your search Hypo. If I run into run one during my hunt, I will let you know.

And, BG you would not happen to live in Boston would you? If you do, would you mind checking if they have the FF8 Squall's Griever necklace when you are in the area? The authentic one should say "Sleeping Lion Heart" on the back.

Roogle
05-17-2011, 10:12 PM
There is a website that I spent a part of my early childhood at called FantasySquare (http://www.fantasysquare.com/) that specializes in selling Final Fantasy merchandise. A large portion of their popularity came from the selling of sterling silver accessories associated with Final Fantasy VIII.

The website is owned by a reputable business owner in Singapore who is an avid fan of the Final Fantasy series.

bl800
05-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Roogle, I have actually checked out that store numerous times. However, I think their merchandise is an honest reproduction of the jewelry produced by Square. Not to bash on their products, but I was hoping to find an authentic Squall Griever necklace - the one released by Square back in 1999.

Thanks though!

BG-57
05-18-2011, 11:46 PM
And, BG you would not happen to live in Boston would you? If you do, would you mind checking if they have the FF8 Squall's Griever necklace when you are in the area? The authentic one should say "Sleeping Lion Heart" on the back.

I live about an hour away. I'll scout it out and get back to you.

bl800
05-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks bro, really appreciate it!

bl800
05-20-2011, 02:35 AM
Found another picture of the necklace, this is I think the high quality metals version:

http://www.yourprops.com/norm-4619e9bb8149f-Final+Fantasy+VIII+%28VG%29.jpeg

Jessweeee♪
05-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I think mine said Sleeplng Lion Heart or Sleeping iion Heart or something weird like that, and it did not have the little copyright thing xD

BG-57
05-22-2011, 12:55 AM
No dice. Tokyo Kid didn't have it. :(

I doubt it's still in production, so you may have to lurk on ebay for a while.

Jiro
05-22-2011, 07:33 AM
Definitely not the quality that my local store has. It doesn't come with a metal chain, it has just like black cord. Finding the legit one will probably take a whole lot of luck, but I wish you that and more!

bl800
05-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for taking the time to check out Tokyo Kid for me BG!

And I totally agree with you Sir Cloud, finding an authentic one is going to take some effort.

BG-57
05-22-2011, 11:17 PM
No problem. :)

I was meaning to go to Cambridge, so this was a good incentive to go.

Good luck.

bl800
05-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Hey Hypo, check out what I found - I know it is not the earring but it looks legitimate.

Check it out: FINAL FANTASY VII FF 7- Silver Ring Cloudy Wolf | eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/FINAL-FANTASY-VII-FF-7-Silver-Ring-Cloudy-Wolf-/230348072153?pt=AU_AnimationArt&hash=item35a1d0a4d9)

And yes, I am still interested in an authentic FFVIII Squall Griever necklace - so let me know if something comes up!

Thanks!

Hollycat
05-29-2011, 02:51 AM
Its nice but its not what Im looking for