PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing this antidub video

ReloadPsi
05-15-2011, 04:36 AM
Right now I'm going through videos of all the game's cutscenes and chopping out every word of dialogue so all that's left is the pauses. I'm leaving out everything in a cutscene BEFORE dialogue begins and AFTER dialogue ends, and cutting absolutely all gameplay. FMVs aren't included either as they're just as much designed for their graphical merits I guess.

Basically this will measure the total amount of time spent waiting for another character to start talking during a cutscene and for a character to finish a sentence when they pause.

So taking all bets: how long do people think this will be in total? I reckon it'll be about an hour.

Jiro
05-16-2011, 08:58 AM
This is the strangest idea ever! I would say less than that, 40 minutes perhaps.

Roogle
05-19-2011, 09:55 PM
I don't know. It could be more time than that, actually. I had a prank phone call with awkward pauses in it that totaled to about 17 minutes and went down to 11 minutes after shortening and cutting out pauses throughout the call. The end result was that the two participants in the call went back and forth repeatedly like a normal and witty conversation.