PDA

View Full Version : Does this make me a nerd?

Værn
05-15-2011, 08:38 AM
I decided that it was finally time to start EV training some of my pokemon a while ago. Earlier today (technically yesterday, I guess) I caught a new Purrloin, gave him a macho bracer, and hunted down over a hundred tiny dogs and scratched their eyes out while keeping a running tally on a piece of scrap paper.
A while ago my dad asked if I wanted to go somewhere to help him with something, so I grabbed my DS and got into the car. Purrloin now maxed out on attack, I began hunting fish for speed EVs, even though my old Liepard was already faster than most things. I would like to be absolutely sure that I'll always go first. But wait! My scrap paper and pencil were back in the house! Now I had to find some way to record my kills.
This is the conclusion I came to after about two minutes of not being able to find some scrap paper anywhere: The PC at the Pokemon Center allows you to place up to 6 markings on a pokemon, so by utilizing binary I could mark up to 63 kills. Bacsulin plus a macho bracer gives 4 EVs, so 64 kills would max me out. It was just that simple!

He currently has 111010(0) of the 000000(1) Bacsulin kills needed to max speed. At this point I couldn't help but think that it may be worth making a thread about. So...

Topic 1: Does spontaneously deciding to use random in-game markings as binary to keep track of my progress in EV training pokemon at 2:00 AM make me a nerd?
Topic 2: What kind of random things do you do that make you realize of just how nerdy you really are?

NorthernChaosGod
05-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm late to the damn game on this one, but Robo's theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOWf_T0jdgQ) sounds remarkably like Never Gonna Give You Up.

:|

Jessweeee♪
05-15-2011, 09:27 PM
You're registered here, so yeah you're a nerd xD

fire_of_avalon
05-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Robo Rolled!

LunarWeaver
05-15-2011, 10:11 PM
I still talk about Buffy the Vampire Slayer and it ended when I was 17. One day, at 50 or so, I'll resolve my feelings about Season 6!

qwertysaur
05-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Right now I've started grinding to fight the ***WINNER*** in Labyrinth of Touhou. I only need to grind another 100 levels so I can stand a chance. :p (I'm at an average level of 490 right now, just beat Hibachi twins v2)

Jiro
05-16-2011, 02:33 AM
The binary tale is phenomenal and I just...wat. Also still shocked at qwert's insanity.

Peegee
05-16-2011, 03:47 AM
rubahs called me a nerd the other day. I was shocked cuz y'know, I'm stupid ^_^

But yeah - I used to tank for World of Warcraft, and you need to do silly things in that game to optimize your stats to maximize your chance of staying alive and dishing out maximum threat. BORING

but nerdy n___n

black orb
05-23-2011, 07:00 AM
What kind of random things do you do that make you realize of just how nerdy you really are?
http://forums.eyesonff.com/dissidia-final-fantasy/136971-quest-friend-card-exchange-duodecim.html

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy/128305-ff1-shopkeepers-quest.html

Rocket Edge
05-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Black Orb will always be my hero.