PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good ways to prevent migraine?

*Laurelindo*
05-15-2011, 03:57 PM
I've realized I probably suffer from migraine, because a few times a year (luckily not very often, this is my first time this year) I get a random painful headache combined with a huge dizziness and nausea, and just standing up is extremely tough.
Usually I manage to get rid of it later in the afternoon by drinking lots of water, taking aspirins, eating and resting - but are there any ways to actually prevent it as much as possible?
I mean it's not quite as much of a big deal for my life quality as one might expect (I always consider every migraine my last one and then just kinda forget about it), but it sucks like hell when it does happen.

And yes you guessed it - I had a migraine today and just got rid of it. :p

o_O
05-16-2011, 03:39 AM
I used to get migraines from time to time, and a friend of mine who works as a nurse gave me these weird little wafer things... they were almost like tasty, sugary cardboard, and they lower your blood pressure. You can't have more than one at a time, because it'll make you pass out, but they did the trick for me. :p

It's not that helpful, because I can't remember the name of the active compound, but maybe you could ask your doc about them. :p

NorthernChaosGod
05-16-2011, 07:53 PM
If I remember correctly, House claims that LSD can stop migraines.

Carl the Llama
05-16-2011, 09:36 PM
If you suffer from migraines then I would strongly suggest you go see your doctor about it, it could be a serious condition, failing that I would go to your local pharmacy and speak with the chemist there and tell them what has been happening, its always a good idea to have migraine medication on hand, the best stuff needs to be prescribed by your doctor and they may even have some forms you have to fill out for some really powerful medication, all I know is the last time my brother had a migraine he had to have me go to the chemist and ask them for the forms (he himself used to work at a pharmacy so he knew the procedure) have him fill them out and then take them back, the meds came in a box and there was only 1 tablet in the box cause this stuff is just that powerful.

Anyways I hope you feel better, migraine's are such a terrible pain to have.:cry:

*Laurelindo*
05-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Thank you, everyone.
Yes, I've definitely gotten better, I might've felt just a tad groggy yesterday but nothing bad, and today I have completely recovered. :)