PDA

View Full Version : At least one nice thing about the Collection...

Fynn
05-16-2011, 06:11 AM
... is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMiYx2R33L4). Now I don't mean the FMV itself (I hate these animators more and more for making everybody look more and more like women - even Yang! Seriously, just imagine him without a moustache. But look at Cecil, Kain and Edward's faces! Arg! And Ceodore is just whole new kinds of wrong...), but the music! Hamauzu has presented us with yet another beautiful track, this time a medley of the Lunarians' theme and the FF theme.

I have not played this version yet, so what do you guys who have tried it already thing? What's so nice about this version?

Roogle
05-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Yes, I was very pleased with the music playing during the video, but I was less pleased about the appearance of a majority of the characters. Palom and Porom look far too young, and the video leaves out every single new character aside from Ceodore, Leonora, and Ursula. Was Luca in the video? No? If not, it was probably because they have no idea how the original design for the dwarven people became more closer to dark skinned than lacking a visible face.

Dreddz
05-17-2011, 12:35 PM
The music really grabs me at the start of the video. Reminds me why I still love Final Fantasy.

Fynn
05-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Yes, Hamauzu is a genius... Though I get the feeling he is a bit unappreciated :(

Bastian
05-31-2011, 10:11 PM
I lovelovelove that trailer (for its music, mainly) and find myself gladly watching it each time I turn the PSP on. Haha. The new arragements for in-game are good. They don't stray far away from the original versions at all, which is great, but feel like a reasonable "upgrade."

The improved graphics are very nice... and the spells animations are nice... but I feel like they could have still done a whole lot more. The enemies still are just a static image; they could have animated them. The summons... the same deal. They should have animated them.

I'm enjoying myself, sure, but... I think I'd rather play the DS vesion again, which offered a lot more of a "new-but-still-the-same" feeling. Really, what I think they should have done for the PSP remake was a 3D models like those in the trailer. Ah well.

Elpizo
06-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Really, what I think they should have done for the PSP remake was a 3D models like those in the trailer. Ah well.

But that would require effort! :eek:

Fynn
06-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Really, what I think they should have done for the PSP remake was a 3D models like those in the trailer. Ah well.

But that would require effort! :eek:

And much more money. So making that effort you speak of would be pointless, since the remakes are specifically made cheaply because SE knows they will sell and bring lots of money.