PDA

View Full Version : Down like a sack of potatoes....

sharkythesharkdogg
05-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Today I was removing an intercooler (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercooler) from a car, and I thought I had a good grip on it. I did not. So as it came loose it slipped from my hand and fell about 7 or 8 feet, slamming squarely into my knee cap with one of the corners.

I went to the ground stop, drop and roll style. Then I had to ice the knee for about 20 minutes. I'm still probably going to have a lump the size of an apple on my knee. Now that the pain is pretty much gone I think it's pretty funny, but we'll if I still feel that way tomorrow morning.....

What's the last painful thing that literally took you down to the ground, or hurt so much you had to stop and refocus because it completely took you by surprise.

lizard attack?
Oprah sighting?
Rebbecca Black's "Friday"?

NorthernChaosGod
05-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I was doing dumbbell shrugs two weeks ago and went to put the weights down on the bench next to me. My grip in my left hand kind of gave and I ended up pinching my hand against the bench with the weight.

I had to stop for like 10 minutes until the pain went away and I could continue working out. :(

Jiro
05-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I tried to run today, just over to a table, and my leg buckled and knee gave me some sharp pain and I freaked out a little. It was fine though.

I Don't Need A Name
05-18-2011, 12:50 PM
It wasn't me, and it isn't strictly what you asked for, but a group of my friends were out doing 3 Legged Pub Golf. Everytime the whistle was blown, you had to run to the lampost (the last pair there had to do a forfeit like doing a shot or something). One of the girls tried to go for the lampost, but she was a little drunk. Imagine a Klinsmann, but just going down like a dead weight. And she didn't even reach the lampost :')